Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Any of you gays, Kabbalists?

In particular I think you would like "The Zohar". It's a very sensual, seductive type book, not to mention, intriguing. It pretty much turns the Bible on its head.

Excerpt from the Zohar:

[quote]"By arousal below, similarly there is arousal above...male and female unite tdesire prevails. Worlds are blessed, and above and below are in joy."

The symbolism is great in the Zohar, mainly as a deliberate means to keep the book for the elite only, which, come on, we know most of you gays are part of the elite.

P.S. If you are a trailer trash gay, this thread is not for you.

by Madonnareply 1701/01/2013

Come on. Anyone?

by Madonnareply 112/27/2012

OP, I think you should investigate the Bahai faith, it seems like it would be up your alley, and its world headquarters is in Haifa, too.

by Madonnareply 212/27/2012

Stay away from the kabbalah centre - it's an evil cult

by Madonnareply 312/27/2012

by Madonnareply 412/27/2012

It combines the fun part of Judaism with magic.

by Madonnareply 512/27/2012

It's the religion of the occult elite, who engage in mediatised mega-rituals, occult secret societies, mind control, high-tech monitoring "Technology of the soul" and so forth.

They believe the world only exists because God needed somebody to relate to, implying God had some kind of need for love, for relationship, etc. The first act was not creation, but withdraw. God withdrew in all directions from one central point, creating empty space or a vacuum, an empty space within God. The emptiness gave God room to create the world.

However, this is the key part that explains much of what is going on today.

He placed vessels in the void and began to fill them with divine light . In the process he shattered several of the vessels tying together DESTRUCTION and creativity You can't have creativity without destruction at the same time.

That's the reason the elite can destroy without's all a part of the creative process. Here's the thing, they very seldom destroy themselves, only the non-elite.

by Madonnareply 612/27/2012

Anyone esle?

by Madonnareply 712/30/2012

R6, I thought that Kabbala study was originally only for men over 40, facing the "end of life" or post mid-life crises (men generally died earlier in those days,) and considering the meaning of life and the possibility of reincarnation or another existence.

by Madonnareply 812/30/2012

No, R8. Where do you get your infor/

by Madonnareply 912/31/2012

[quote]P.S. If you are a trailer trash gay, this thread is not for you.

I think it's rather the opposite. The astrology, laws of attraction, Kabbalah threads seem overrun with mouth breathers yelling "if you want to talk about facts, fuck off to another thread."

by Madonnareply 1012/31/2012

"God withdrew in all directions from one central point, creating empty space or a vacuum, an empty space within God. The emptiness gave God room to create the world."

If God is omnipotent, why does it need to create space to make a world? God could do whatever it wants, giving that it is supposedly all-powerful.

by Madonnareply 1112/31/2012

Years ago, when I was having a personal crisis--I had just shattered a Precious Moments figurine, 'Happiness Is. . .a Jar of Vaseline and a Hot Sugar Daddy'--I went in search of spiritual enlightenment.

I didn't find it at The Kaballah Centre, though they do have a nifty bookstore and the most unintentionally funny Saturday services. Dress in white and go some day. It's a fucking rush seeing all the goofballs reach out for the Zohar or some mystical Jewish scroll thing as the alleged rabbi walks it down the center aisle.

by Madonnareply 1212/31/2012

R9, Current celebrity money fueled "Kabbala" is a total bastardization of what real, true Kabbala, and an extreme insult to those that study and discuss how old-time beliefs affect our modern day life. I will try to find links for you to back up this well known fact. In the mean time understand that traditionally Jews who could afford a life of study, rather than providing for their families via a trade, or were elderly, were the ones discussing the Bible and how its' lessons applied to current life. They also led the services which brought the entire community together for mutual support. It wasn't about getting others' scarce money or resources.

by Madonnareply 1301/01/2013

I love how no Kabbalist has answered R11's very pertinent question.

by Madonnareply 1401/01/2013

I don't know much about this topic. I have seen some men who I believe were gay, wearing white string bracelets and/or necklace, almost signifying a connection of some sort. Would that be part of Kabballah?

by Madonnareply 1501/01/2013

No, R15. As R8 has pointed out, those red-string wearers are part of a commercial (and allegedly criminal) enterprise that has taken the name. Science is to Scientology what the genuine mystical belief system is to the Kabballah Center.

by Madonnareply 1601/01/2013

R16, Thank you. The very existence of "Kabballah water" should clue everyone in to what many religious teachers and Rabbis already know. Continuous study and learning is very valued in Judiasm, and is/was what the wealthy aspired to be able to do, free from the need to support one's family. The idea that celebs should be given special treatment and a watered-down version of an ancient philosophical view of the world in exchange for large sums of money is anathema to many in the Jewish community.

by Madonnareply 1701/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!