Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Matthew Crawley is dead!

Long live Matthew Crawley!

by Anonymousreply 6403/11/2013

That's kind of a dick move, OP.

by Anonymousreply 112/27/2012

He's just a fictional character, r1. Unclutch.

by Anonymousreply 212/27/2012

Jackass OP. Are you a 14 yo?

by Anonymousreply 312/27/2012

r2, I bet he knows he's a fictional character, ya dumb ass. The limp dick - aka OP- just posted a major spoiler.

by Anonymousreply 412/27/2012

If this is true, OP is a douchenozzle.

by Anonymousreply 512/27/2012

But it's being reported everywhere today Dan Stevens is leaving the series. so it cannot be a major spoiler.

by Anonymousreply 612/27/2012

Stevens leaving the show doesn't necessarily mean his character dies. He could, for instance, emigrate.

by Anonymousreply 712/27/2012

Or be replaced by Dick Sargent.

by Anonymousreply 812/27/2012

Fuck you OP, you knew exactly what you were doing asshole.

by Anonymousreply 1012/27/2012

And fuck you too R9.

by Anonymousreply 1112/27/2012

Did his lack of a jawline prove fatal?

by Anonymousreply 1212/27/2012

Those were contact lenses giving him blue eyes, weren't they?

by Anonymousreply 1512/27/2012

Google simply "Matthew Crawley" and it's the first thing that comes up (with a link to Telegraph article.) Guess Google doesn't care either.

I'm so behind on my DA viewings it doesn't matter to me...

by Anonymousreply 1612/27/2012

I still can't believe that there are people who still don't know how to watch shows on the Internet using the streaming sites after this many years. I watched each episode of Season 3 plus the Christmas special online less than an hour after they were broadcast in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 1712/27/2012

I'm with R17.

If you haven't already seen all of Downton Abbey, you're a hopeless elder-eldergay.

by Anonymousreply 1812/27/2012

And you Brits think Americans are dumb.

by Anonymousreply 1912/27/2012

Frankly, the plot of DA, having taken so many absurd turns, is not very important. OP is certainly an asshole, but they ran out of interesting story after the first season. Now it's just a soap opera with great production values and distinguished actors. Matthew could die and return just as he was crippled and then healthy and engaged and then free.

And what about Naomi?

by Anonymousreply 2012/27/2012

Old news.

by Anonymousreply 2212/27/2012

it is true

by Anonymousreply 2312/27/2012

That is really rude, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 2412/27/2012

Wow, OP, you are one big fat cunt.

And late with news to boot (see my thread from Christmas night marked "spoilers inside").

You're just a pathetic cunt.

by Anonymousreply 2512/27/2012

Matthew *and* Sybil?

They just should have ended the show.

So I guess they're going to hook up Lady Mary and Sybil's husband, the former chauffeur? Lame.

by Anonymousreply 2612/27/2012

Some of us actually like to wait and watch it on the TV as opposed to searching desperately for downloads and torrents.

by Anonymousreply 2712/27/2012

Oh please, R27. I'm not OP and I think he's a total fucktard for posting this spoiler in such a fashion, but downloading a torrent is as easy as going to The Pirate Bay's Web site and searching for "Downton Abbey Christmas."

by Anonymousreply 2812/28/2012

R28, isn't it illegal? I prefer not to engage in that sort of nefarious activity. šŸ˜³

by Anonymousreply 2912/28/2012

Illegal? Oh, goodness! Someone grab the smelling salts!

by Anonymousreply 3012/28/2012

It is a dick move, regardless of whether you download / stream or not. It's not like everyone watches episodes immediately when they air - even if you use streaming / download links to watch UK TV shows, sometimes you get a backlog (e.g. with DVR) and end up waiting a few days (even weeks) to catch up.

It doesn't mean everyone else has to wait around for you to discuss new show developments, but you can at least post "spoilers inside" instead of spoiling it directly in the title of the thread.

by Anonymousreply 3112/28/2012

I guessed he'd be killed off as soon as I read the first rumors that Dan Stevens was leaving the show and that the role would not be recast. After all that has happened between Mary and Matthew, how else could the story logically end?

Sybil dying in childbirth? I wasn't all that fond of the character---the bitchy middle daughter is a lot more interesting.

Much as I like Downton Abbey, I'm not sure the show could eke out much more even with Matthew Crawley around.

by Anonymousreply 3212/28/2012

Finally got you bitches back for ruining The Sixth Sense!

by Anonymousreply 3312/28/2012

Why should an actor wanting to leave a hit show (presumably thinking he is going to get better offers, but it doesn't always happen, and lots of actors would kill to be in a hit show like Downton) but why should that influence the course of the show by killing off his character? Couldn't they re-cast it with another actor and Matthew continues .... it happens in other soaps, would it be too hard to accept ? Better than the hero of the first 3 series being suddenly killed off in the christmas special .

by Anonymousreply 3412/28/2012

r19, if you examine the language used in the "complaints" its clear a lot of them are Americans. People here in the UK don't tend to use the word "swell," for example.

by Anonymousreply 3512/28/2012

Fuck you asshole OP.

by Anonymousreply 3612/28/2012

[quote]Finally got you bitches back for ruining The Sixth Sense!

Wow, you're not just a cunt.

You're an old fucking cunt.

by Anonymousreply 3712/28/2012

OP, why don't you join Matthew Crawley?

by Anonymousreply 3812/28/2012

Some of you have no sense of humor. R37, for example.

by Anonymousreply 3912/28/2012

My favorite comment at the link R19 provided:

[quote]A man who can spontaneously recover from a broken spine should treat death with the contempt it deserves.

by Anonymousreply 4012/28/2012

OP, that's not right!

by Anonymousreply 4112/28/2012

No, R39, I think what the OP did really is stupid - and the excuses more so.

"Oh,everyone knows if you google 'Matthew Crawley' because it's the first link!" - we're not all googling him, moron.

"Oh, you're so old. There are so many links online! You could've seen it!" - incredibly moronic logic. Even if people have utilized those site, that doesn't mean we've watched every single episode within 10 secs of it having been uploaded. It's only been a few days since the episode even aired. It also doesn't automatically mean people want to watch it that way.

Only turds would defend what OP did. I mean I knew the actor wanted out and I even figured they'd kill him off, but that doesn't mean everyone else knew and even if they did know the actor wanted to leave, it doesn't necessarily mean they would've killed him off.

And that 'Sixth Sense' joke would've made sense had the OP been spoiling something from years ago, not merely 3 days ago.

We don't all watch a show the second it comes on - that's kind of the point of DVR. Personally, I'm not angry -I never am with spoilers- but OP and the assholes defending him are shitheads.

by Anonymousreply 4212/28/2012

This was front page of all British papers (on line editions) yesterday.

Sorry, peeps, but this is no spoiler.

by Anonymousreply 4312/28/2012

In modern times you can't avoid spoilers. When it's out in one part of the world the news / movie TV show twist / end results of a sport's game spread like wildfire.

And then you have people who love nothing more than to ruin someone else's spoiler free existence.

by Anonymousreply 4412/28/2012

R44, I managed to avoid it. Really, R43, ALL of the Brit papers had it as the front page? How sad for the state of journalism in the UK.

If the Guardian had it on its front page, then it might as well me the Daily Mail. If they didn't, then OP is still the biggest asshole.

by Anonymousreply 4512/28/2012

[quote] How sad for the state of journalism in the UK.

They had interviews with Stevens on the front page, but not, as you seem to think, listed as breaking news.

by Anonymousreply 4612/28/2012

[quote]They had interviews with Stevens on the front page

I stand by what I stated.

by Anonymousreply 4712/28/2012

You are just being stubborn, R47. Any on-line edition of a newspaper has multiple story links on the front page, under different sections (politics, culture...) every day. Including New York Times. Do you ever read them?

The interviews with Stevens appeared (appropriately) yesterday. Some other day, it would have been another celebrity. What about it is so "sad for the state of journalism in the UK"?

by Anonymousreply 4812/28/2012

Our new trash celebrity culture both here in the UK and in America gives stories like this major import by reporting them on front pages, so its impossible to avoid known what happens in major tv shows. It becomes "news".

It is impossible not to be able to discuss these until everyone has caught up. Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 4912/28/2012

I expected as much since the actor is going to leabve the series.

Now, can something interestin happen to thomas. They had him kiss a duke on first episode and after nothing much happened.

Yeah, he was the eviiiil, mean guy, but strangely enough, it was so over the top that it wasn't very interesting to watch.

by Anonymousreply 5012/28/2012

I know it's a fictional situation but I like to believe that life could have happened that way (in the time period of the early 1900's.) So, I do get somewhat carried away with the drama, especially historical aspects. I will miss the character because he was such an enjoyable person to watch. I believe the actor could have been given a raise or whatever and continued on, and the show would have been better for it.

by Anonymousreply 5102/18/2013

He's bleeding. That's all we know for sure.

by Anonymousreply 5202/18/2013

[quote] He's bleeding. That's all we know for sure.

The actor refused to sign on for season 4, or to even appear in the first episode of the 4th season, then be killed off.

He's dead. Julian Fellowes has said so.

by Anonymousreply 5302/18/2013

It's all PBS' fault. They need to simulcast.

by Anonymousreply 5402/18/2013

[quote] It's all PBS' fault. They need to simulcast.

Who would watch if the series aired at 1 in the afternoon on PBS?

by Anonymousreply 5502/18/2013

Nice to ruin it for those who have not watched yet you moron! What will you do next, send phony pizza orders to your neighbors?

by Anonymousreply 5602/18/2013

[quote]He's bleeding. That's all we know for sure.

Dead as disco.

by Anonymousreply 5702/18/2013

His look was threatening to deplete world bleach supplies.

by Anonymousreply 5802/18/2013

I hope they're at least real pizzas.

by Anonymousreply 5902/18/2013

R56 is the type to scream she hated hearing about how World War I ended because she hadn't seen it yet, and it made her lose all interest in the sequel, World War II.

In other words, a twat.

by Anonymousreply 6002/18/2013

I am glad I missed this thread!

by Anonymousreply 6102/18/2013

If you think OP is an asshole then F&F him to get him banned. He purposely did this to spoil the fun out of people watching and being surprised. What a dick move, indeed. I hate spoiler cunts.

by Anonymousreply 6202/18/2013

I am very upset about this! His relationship with Mary best part of show! End of show for me also. Won't watch!

by Anonymousreply 6303/11/2013

And this stinks masterpiece theatre!

by Anonymousreply 6403/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!