Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ina Garten is a passive aggressive bitch

On her show, she's making an apple tart for Jeffrey and gets to the part with the apricot glaze. She puts two tablespoons of Calvados in it, condescendingly explaining what it is to her audience. Then she says "if you don't have a bottle of Calvados, don't go out and buy one just for this".

THEN, she spends the rest of the show talking about how great the Calvados is. "Wow, you can really smell the Calvados in the glaze". "Mmmm, you can smell the Calvados when it hits the heat of the apples".

The kicker is "The Calvados also helps preserve the apples and keep them moist". OK bitch, so what you're saying is that even though the Calvados makes the fucking recipe, us plebes shouldn't bother going to buy some.

ps, where does she get those MASSIVE shirts?

by Anonymousreply 9206/30/2015

Fuck her and her Calvado - it's brandy for christ sake!

The Christian Brothers V.S.O.P. is pretty good stuff too.

by Anonymousreply 112/27/2012

[quote] "Wow, you can really smell the Calvados in the glaze"

So this is what she says now right after ripping a big one? She used to blame it on the dog.

by Anonymousreply 212/27/2012

Well, Calvados IS rather expensive...

by Anonymousreply 312/27/2012

[quote] where does she get those MASSIVE shirts

They are called shents -- part shirt, part tent.

by Anonymousreply 412/27/2012

How many times did her contract require her to say "Calvados"?

by Anonymousreply 512/27/2012

She can be amusing, for sure, but does she know anyone who isn't a tiresome yuppie?

by Anonymousreply 612/27/2012

"...where does she get those MASSIVE shirts?"

Omar the Shentmaker.

by Anonymousreply 712/27/2012

[quote] "...where does she get those MASSIVE shirts?"

Tent Mart.

by Anonymousreply 812/27/2012

[quote]ps, where does she get those MASSIVE shirts?

Sag Harbor Tent and Awning.

by Anonymousreply 912/27/2012

Ina then goes on to say, "Let's face it. Most of you are really, really poor and I'm really, really rich. That's why my Calvados-soaked tarts will ALWAYS taste better than your broke ass tart. Mmmkay?"

by Anonymousreply 1012/27/2012

According to the thread on TWOP, the main frua there wrote to Ina's assistant who responded and said Ina has those shirts custom made. (*Snort*)

She also said Ina does not smoke (despite her phlegmy laugh..)

And the green stripes on her kitchen walls in the old series are not wallpaper but a custom paint job.

by Anonymousreply 1112/27/2012

She supports gay rights and marriage. Cut her some slack. Save the venom for our abundant enemies.

by Anonymousreply 1312/27/2012

That isn't passive aggressive behavior, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1412/27/2012

She's obnoxious and phony.

As are her rabid fans.

by Anonymousreply 1512/27/2012

Wallpaper is for plebes.

by Anonymousreply 1612/27/2012

[quote] You can usually find it at Bev Mo for that price as well.

Is Bev Mo where all the butch lesbians shop?

by Anonymousreply 1812/27/2012

[quote]I love Calvados. It is available at many different prices. Trader Joes currently has it for the holidays at $20. You can usually find it at Bev Mo for that price as well.

I guarantee you she's never set foot in a Trader joes. The olive oil she uses is about $30 a bottle.

by Anonymousreply 1912/27/2012

R18 You are thinking of Lez Ho

R19 Look they even have kosher Calvados

by Anonymousreply 2012/27/2012

Did you see her serving spoons that she keeps in blue pouches?? Who does that? This was also on today when she made chicken hash and that dry-ass French toast for dessert.

by Anonymousreply 2112/27/2012

R21 They are silver serving spoons. You keep them in those things so they don't tarnish.

by Anonymousreply 2212/27/2012

"Ina has those shirts custom made. (*Snort*)"

This question was answered in a magazinei interview somewhere. Ina said her original shents were from Eileen Fisher, but now she has them custom-made by a dressmaker.

My guess is that Ina doesn't fit into Eileen Fisher's plus sizes anymore.

by Anonymousreply 2312/27/2012

Yeah, there was a shot where she was putting truffles into her fridge and for a second you got a full shot of her below the sternum. Holy shit, I'm amazed she can fit through doors.

by Anonymousreply 2412/27/2012

I bet the bitch has the diabetes, too.

by Anonymousreply 2512/27/2012

"I bet the bitch has the diabetes, too."

Yeah, but I'm not making money off it, cuntface. #farrrrrrrrt#

by Anonymousreply 2612/27/2012

She MUST be at least pre-diabetic.

by Anonymousreply 2712/28/2012

Ina is an East Coast rarity in that most morbidly obese women are lower class.

by Anonymousreply 2812/28/2012

Oh cum now....

The woman's name is INA.

Can you tell me, that if your name was INA, you wouldn't be a passive aggressive bitch as well?

by Anonymousreply 2912/28/2012

Her husband Jeffrey is gay. Ina gets her sexual tension released through her cooking. Just look at what she's saying:

[quote]"Wow, you can really smell the Calvados.... Mmmm, you can smell the Calvados when it hits the heat.... The Calvados also helps...keep them moist."

by Anonymousreply 3012/28/2012

w&w for R2

So is a shent sort of a proto-caftan?

by Anonymousreply 3112/28/2012

Ina Garten: Hamptonfrau

by Anonymousreply 3212/28/2012

Ever think any of her overly-rich recipes have caused to to have explosive diarrhea?

by Anonymousreply 3412/28/2012

That's my story and I'm sticking to it, R34

by Anonymousreply 3512/28/2012

Is she as snooty in real life as she appears on the show? She always speaks in a snooty pinched voice.

by Anonymousreply 3612/28/2012

She may be a bitch, but she got you to keep watching through to the end.

by Anonymousreply 3712/28/2012

Does T.R. still do spots on her show?

by Anonymousreply 3812/28/2012

I messed around with T.R. once... definitely a hot piece of ass.

by Anonymousreply 3912/29/2012

TR was gorgeous. Ina definitely had ideas about trying to turn him het.

by Anonymousreply 4012/29/2012

T.R. has been persona non grata ever since Ina moved the show into her new "barn." He used to be featured on at least 2 shows per season, but he and Ina reportedly had a falling out, and she no longer has him running around the Hamptons looking for ingredients for her dishes. I can't imagine what they would have a falling out over? Maybe he refused to watch her anymore while she masturbated with a cucumber.

by Anonymousreply 4112/29/2012

Here's my problem I can't stand it when she says how good is that how bad is That how nice is that how sweet is that how Italian is that how blah blah blah is that

by Anonymousreply 4210/16/2014

I liked her better when she cooked in her real kitchen. The barn is pretenious and her Ask Ina bit is filler. Weak.

by Anonymousreply 4310/16/2014

It's "we" plebes, although it's much more convincing the way you say it.

by Anonymousreply 4411/30/2014

Watching Tiara make meringue chantilly was probably the gayest thing I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 4511/30/2014

I love how she says to use really good ketchup or mayonnaise and then whips out a bottle of Heinz or Hellman's. You would think she would use some $20 stuff from a local Hampton's joint. I don't understand why she doesn't make homemade.

by Anonymousreply 4611/30/2014

She has a few recipes where she puts in a tablespoon or so of framboise, but she never suggests a substitute. I'd never drink it, so buying the bottle would be a waste, like calvados.

by Anonymousreply 4711/30/2014

I don't think I've ever seen a heterosexual person on her show, besides perhaps Ina herself. Even her husband is a big ol' mary.

She's snobbish as shit, but harmless. I don't hate her, but her fake laugh does give me the creeps.

by Anonymousreply 4811/30/2014

Because Hellmann's is really good mayonnaise. The ingredients aren't fancy but the taste is fresh, creamy, and perfect for recipes.

by Anonymousreply 4911/30/2014

R47 if it's what I'm thinking it is, Framboise Lambic is a raspberry beer (though I think it comes in other flavors). It's actually not that expensive - around $7-$8 for a bottle that's about the size of a 22 oz.

It's really good, and does not taste like a traditional beer at all. It just has a really concentrated raspberry flavor with some fizz.

Most major grocery chains with a wine dept sell it, and I think I may have seen it at Trader Joes too.

by Anonymousreply 5011/30/2014

R49, try making your own mayo. You'll never go back to Hellman's.

by Anonymousreply 5111/30/2014

I never see her use Log Cabin syrup. It's always Grade A dark amber probably flown in from Vermont.

by Anonymousreply 5211/30/2014

I wonder if Ina caught Jeffrey hitting on T.R. and that's what the fallout was about. I bet Ina's good friend Barbara Lieberman knows.

by Anonymousreply 5311/30/2014

Detour off the L.I.E. to the Hamptons, because of the toxic fumes! Take the back roads to your destination.

by Anonymousreply 5411/30/2014

That "passive aggressive" comment reminded me of one of my favorite cooking shows ever: Posh Nosh. Local PBS used to show episodes of it. Had everything: Richard E. Grant, gay husband, passive aggressive wife, class snobbery, food snobbery, name dropping. Loved it!

by Anonymousreply 5511/30/2014

She has her own popular show. Her on-air clothing is tailor made for her, you idiots.

by Anonymousreply 5611/30/2014

What R51 said. The first time I saw her whip out Hellman's after declaring that only [italic]good[/italic] mayo would do, well, [italic]this[/italic] is not the new Julia. Or even the new Martha.

by Anonymousreply 5711/30/2014

I love her even more after reading OP's post. She is perfection.

by Anonymousreply 5811/30/2014

[quote] Her on-air clothing is tailor made for her, you idiots.

I believe you meant to say "tentmaker-made."

by Anonymousreply 5911/30/2014

[quote]Because Hellmann's is really good mayonnaise.

You DO realize that it's DL heresy to compliment any mayonnaise other than Duke's, right?

by Anonymousreply 6011/30/2014

I believe [italic]you[/italic] meant to say "I am such a cunt, I don't deserve to breathe," R59.

by Anonymousreply 6111/30/2014

I've never laughed as much as I laughed on the first page of this thread. I aspire to be as witty as the legendary queens of old.

by Anonymousreply 6211/30/2014

R60, I'm from the Northeast and finally tried Duke's and honestly I don't get the hype over it. It's basically the same thing as Hellman's but without the tiny bit of sugar in it that Hellman's has, and which I prefer.

by Anonymousreply 6312/01/2014

"[R49], try making your own mayo. You'll never go back to Hellman's."

Most of us have a life.

by Anonymousreply 6412/01/2014

Making mayo in the Cuisinart is one of the easiest bits of cooking, R64. I didn't buy mayo for years, and I only started recently because I have a friend over to eat who literally puts it on everything but dessert.

"Having a life" can certainly incorporate making your own mayo.

by Anonymousreply 6512/01/2014

Didn't Julia Child or some other media chef suggest cooks buy several of those mini-bottles (airline size) of liqueur or brandy for cooking if they don't drink them regularly?

by Anonymousreply 6612/01/2014

You want good quality mayo, try this:

by Anonymousreply 6712/01/2014

R64, you're an idiot. Making your own mayo takes about as much time as posting on here.

by Anonymousreply 6812/01/2014

I started a GoFundMe campaign to buy the angry poor OP her very own bottle of Calvados for the holidays. It's a fine French brandy made from apples, as you know.

by Anonymousreply 6912/01/2014

I hate the she and Americans say apricot, like app-ree-i-cot.

by Anonymousreply 7012/01/2014

R50 - no it's not a framboise beer! It's a sweet raspberry flavored liqueur. But that beer sounds interesting, thanks.

R47 - R66 has the solution. I've seen Framboise liqueurs in tiny bottles - especially around the holidays, packaged for stocking stuffer or gift basket type gift giving. I think it may be sold in several size bottles. The stuff seems to last forever, and it can be used in various dessert and drink recipes.

Years ago I had a great recipe for a French apple tart in filo dough type shell, which called for Calvados. I made it once with a different brandy because Calvados was too pricey. It was good but not great. The next time I used Calvados because I felt like splurging, and it really made a difference. But that was one big, expensive bottle of booze.

by Anonymousreply 7112/01/2014

R70 I'm American and I say APE-ri-cot.

by Anonymousreply 7212/01/2014

[quote]I hate the she and Americans say apricot, like app-ree-i-cot.

I say ap-ruh-cot

by Anonymousreply 7312/01/2014

The problem with homemade mayo is that it has raw eggs. Unless you use pasteurized eggs or have a trusted source for the regular kind, it's not a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 7412/01/2014

I never understood why Food Network would go through the trouble of hiding certain brands from the cans and boxes they use on their shows, then they will turn around and name drop stuff like this. She could have said, don't bother going out and buying this particular brand name of brandy if you don't already have it, any brandy will do.

by Anonymousreply 7502/10/2015

as for the shirts, I'm sure she shops at Georgia Tent and Awning. I recognize some of the patterns.

by Anonymousreply 7602/10/2015

Ina Garten's a Diva, Baby

By: Iron Butterfly

by Anonymousreply 7802/10/2015

In one of her episodes when she was answering questions from her blog, she said that she had them custom made after the shop she bought her original shirts closed.

by Anonymousreply 7906/11/2015

I wonder why they all look the same, only the color changes. I mean she's heavy but not that bad that she has to only wear the exact same thing all the time. He does have pretty hair for a woman her age. Even if it's dyed it's so silky and shiny like a young persons. Money and the best stylist can't give you that. She's just lucky.

I think way back when she and Jeffery had a sexual relationship but I'll bet they have not done it since the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 8006/11/2015

[quote]I actually have my shirts made for me by a dressmaker in NY City. I wanted a certain style and couldn't find it in enough colors, so I had them custom made. The original shirt came from Eileen Fisher, so that's a good place to look.

by Anonymousreply 8106/11/2015

As long s we're complaining about mayonnaise, I hate when they change the recipes of familiar food products. Now I need to find a new fucking cider.

by Anonymousreply 8206/11/2015

ahh and here i thought i was the only one that disliked ina, that fat bitch she looks like a sea donkey, case closed

by Anonymousreply 8306/11/2015

Other than being laughed at, Ina Garten serves no practical use.

by Anonymousreply 8406/11/2015

I love her and her high standards for ingredients. It does make a difference.

by Anonymousreply 8506/11/2015

Hate all you want but most, if not all, of the recipes I have made really turn out delicious.

And of course, you need to put in quality ingredients, if not the final taste will reflect that.

I don't like her shirts either, time to change it up, darling!

by Anonymousreply 8606/11/2015

I think she's tremendous.

by Anonymousreply 8706/11/2015

Bitch all you like but I dare you to try her Blue Cheese Cole Slaw before you say another word against her.

by Anonymousreply 8806/11/2015

I made a carrot and broccoli slaw that was beyond fantastic!!! It was an Anne Burrell recipe, though.

Much of the same dressing ingredients.

by Anonymousreply 8906/11/2015

I'll take Ina any day over that Guy Fieri gas bag. I hate that Fucker.

by Anonymousreply 9006/11/2015

Is it really true she suffers from The Farts?

by Anonymousreply 9106/11/2015

Why is Food Network giving Paula Deens two loser sons another show? Can't they find anyone other than those two douche bags?

by Anonymousreply 9206/30/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!