Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Matt Lauer Reportedly Getting Yelled At Over Ann Curry

Matt Lauer is reportedly upset that people are yelling at him in public over Ann Curry's ouster from "Today," according to TMZ.

The site reported that sources said Lauer is "miserable" and "freaked out" over things that people have screamed at him in the street, like, "You're a bad guy," and "You got Ann fired. Does that make you happy?"

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 6912/29/2012

Now THIS warms the heart on a old winter's eve. lol

Not so "glib" now, are we?

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 112/27/2012

Poor Ann is reduced to being the Mother Teresa of NBC now with her Pass It On hooplah. She is an inspiration to millions around the world according to NBC News. She did make an appearance at Newtown but I don't see much of her anywhere else. All Matt's fault. I wonder what he will feel when Willie Geist gets Mattie's ass ousted.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 212/27/2012

If Ann played musical beds with Matt then the story would have been different. Someone else from the show did and now she's co-host. As bad as Ann was, she's now become a bigger star because of the Newtown tragedy.I'm glad people are giving it to ML anyway, I never liked him.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 312/27/2012

Why does he get blamed? To me it was obvious for years that she was not very good, and even more obvious when she occupied one of the anchor spots. She seems like a nice and well meaning woman, but she was just awful as an interviewer and stumbled on words as a newscaster regularly. Was this Matt's fault?

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 412/27/2012

Good morning everyone, good morning OP, good morning charlie, good morning! Good morning!

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 512/27/2012

It's been more than strongly implied that his machinations led to her dismissal from the program. The weatherman (forgot his name) said something on the air about "people being thrown under the bus." Ouch. The normally good-natured weatherman? That's strong stuff that sends a message.

Yes, she really should not have been on the show due to the stated problems, but if she was promised something and he led the rug-pulling, as it seems...

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 612/27/2012

Why does getting thrown under the bus mean Matt threw her? Rather the producers did.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 712/27/2012

Get rid of Lauer. He's the problem at Today and has been for a few years now.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 812/27/2012

I'd like to see them dump Lauer and the obnoxious weather guy.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 912/27/2012

He's the straight, white golden boy, so no problems with the show would ever have been taken to be as a result of him.

However, he overplayed his hand here and the Ann Curry thing has really damaged his career and likability. In that industry, likability is everything and once the frauen turn on you, it's over.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. And I simply love the fact that Ann Curry is coming out of this smelling like roses even though her performance left a lot to be desired. She's a bigger star than ever and he's on his way down.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 1012/27/2012

Who gives a shit? It's a fuckin' TV show. I wish I had time and money to sit around like you people and give one shit about a dumb ass TV show on at the crack of dawn.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 1112/27/2012

Lauer stopped being likeable long ago - about the time he started losing his hair. I think it made him bitter and nasty.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 1212/27/2012

They kept Willard Scott so that gives you an idea of their demographic.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 1312/27/2012

I don't recall ever seeing Curry do the hard-hitting reporting on-the-scene reporting that she was praised for. Was she really good at that? I don't understand why she would have wanted to focus on something like the Today Show if her forte is elsewhere. Or maybe she thought she was more competent than she was at interviewing and newsreading.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 1412/27/2012

Matt lost his looks.... NEXT!

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 1512/27/2012

He is a cunt.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 1612/27/2012

He needs to work out hard, then arrange to be photographed semi-nude by the paparazzi, and all will be forgiven.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 1712/27/2012

"Why does he get blamed?"

Because he demanded she get fired as part of his contract negotiations.

Because he was hardly ever there, thus making it hard to build any kind of rapport with Curry.

R11 = Matt Lauer

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 1812/27/2012

I actually have been enjoying Willie, Savannah, and Natalie. Even David Gregory was better. I think Matt Lauer may have cooked his own goose - whether he had anything to do with Ann getting to boot or not. His weakness is being magnified in the backlash.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 1912/27/2012

NBC has lots of good choices to replace Matt. They need to fire his ass.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 2012/27/2012

This week without Lauer and Roker has been bliss. Especially Roker.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 2112/27/2012

[quote]I don't recall ever seeing Curry do the hard-hitting reporting on-the-scene reporting that she was praised for. Was she really good at that?

No, she doesn't. Ann Curry flies around the world to do "heartstrings stories," but she was never a hard-hitting reporter. That was a polite fiction pushed by NBC after she was demoted -- "We're letting her get back to what she does best."

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 2212/27/2012

[quote]I don't understand why she would have wanted to focus on something like the Today Show if her forte is elsewhere.

Same for Hoda Kotb. She's an outstanding reporter/interviewer but she's stuck sitting there with Mrs. Gifford five days a week. I guess the money is good.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 2312/27/2012

And the booze is better, R23. I just read a biography of Diana Ross and someone in a crowd yelled at her, 'Florence Ballard died for your sins!'.

R22, that's very funndy what NBC said about her exit. Her true forte would be as the TV spokesperson for a starving foreign children foundation.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 2412/27/2012

matt lauer's head reminds me of a turkey vulture, especially with the close cropped to hide his baldness haircut.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 2512/27/2012

I can understand the negativity towards Matt, I'm not crazy about him, but where are the stories about thewomen getting or keeping jobs if they sleep with him coming from?

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 2612/27/2012

R24...I have read that bit about Diana before...but what does it have to do with this? Are you comparing Matt Lauer to Diana Ross and Ann Curry to Florence Ballard?

I don't think Ann ever showed up to work drunk or got too fat for her clothing.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 2712/27/2012

[quote]Matt Lauer is reportedly upset that people are yelling at him in public over Ann Curry's ouster from "Today," according to TMZ.

Good! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 2812/27/2012

[quote]Not so "glib" now, are we?

Guess Tommy was right about that.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 2912/27/2012

Ha! This made me laugh. I've switched over to GMA ( Matt Gutman is F-iiiiii-nnnnn-eeeee).

I would love to see Matt Lauer cringe when some crazed frau shouts at him. Hilarious!

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 3012/27/2012

[quote]I actually have been enjoying Willie, Savannah, and Natalie. Even David Gregory was better.

I agree with you, with the exception of David Gregory...the man has a huge ego like Matt.

Isn't David Gregory in trouble now for pulling a stupid stunt on TV?

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 3112/27/2012

[quote] I just read a biography of Diana Ross and someone in a crowd yelled at her, 'Florence Ballard died for your sins!'.

That's a nasty thing to say, and very rude for people to say that.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 3212/27/2012

Willie Geist is talented. He has sexy lips; I wanna make out with him.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 3312/27/2012

I yelled at him, " Your hairy mussy stinks" just the other day.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 3412/27/2012

Roker is as much an egotistical asshole as Matt. They should replace him with Janice Huff. Why did they stop using her on the weekend?

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 3512/27/2012

Because she's tragically boring.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 3612/27/2012

I haven't watched the Today Show since the time of Monica Lewinsky's dress. I recall Al seemed like a nice guy, not egotistical. He was often a foil for some mild jokes.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 3712/27/2012

Al HAS become an asshole. I have a friend who had dinner at his place and was stunned by his outrageously awful behavior.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 3812/27/2012

Bravo K. Couric r34! I hope Matt cringed like the little bitch he is!

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 3912/27/2012

Is he still married to Deborah Roberts? Maybe his dieting and weight fluctuations made him a nut. How does a guy who used to fill in for Willard develop such an ego?

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 4012/27/2012

He's an obnoxious bore, R39 and has no shame. He retorted by calling me a cunt.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 4112/27/2012

Katie, you're the queen cunt who mentored Matt in cuntiness, and you were bitter because he never wanted to stick it in ya.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 4212/27/2012

[quote]Matt Lauer is reportedly upset that people are yelling at him in public over Ann Curry's ouster from "Today," according to TMZ.

LOL. I hope everyone realizes the the "people" yelling at him are actually those sleazy TMZ videographers/paparazzi? As if random New Yorkers would give a shit about either Matt or Ann!

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 4312/27/2012

Faith, you're just a jealous, bleached-out bitch who slept your way to the middle.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 4412/27/2012

Curry's woe is me schtick after getting dumped was pathetic. Did anyone watch the show were she cried and ignored Matt and Savanna? Such a childish exit.

It was not professional and aimed at her army of dumb women who think she's actually smart. NBC was right to cut her loose.

Savana is the one I feel sorry for. She's a legitimate political reporter, nice, cute and very sharp. But he has been thrown in the middle of a no win situation.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 4512/27/2012

*I'm* the bleached-out bitch?

I may never stop laughing, Katie.

At least I didn't fail at being the next Dan Rather *and* the next Oprah.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 4612/27/2012

He pees sitting down.

Weak white male abuses those more vulnerable while he protects his puerile peenie.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 4712/27/2012

Oh, poor Savannah. What a terrible situation she's in.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 4812/27/2012

She sucked. He was right to insist they move on.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 4912/27/2012

Ann Curry is an industry joke.

With fifteen years of experience as news anchor, she couldn't read two lines off a teleprompter without stumbling.

Much less display a sense of humor or ability to ad lib, which is kind of a basic skill set for the host job.

"Embarrassment to the profession" is a bit harsh, but it applies.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 5012/27/2012

I thought it was VERY strange when Ann was shown 'babysitting' for some mother of multiples (maybe the Duggars?) and she sang a Chinese nursery rhyme to the tune of this old man:

"Me chinese, me no smoke, me make pee pee in your coke..."

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 5112/28/2012

Roker wins the nasty cunt award

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 5212/28/2012

[quote]( Matt Gutman is F-iiiiii-nnnnn-eeeee).

Gutman?

Is that Jewish?

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 5312/28/2012

Is the reader supposed to feel sorry for him or join the crowd that yells at him?

He lost the female fanbase the moment it was common knowledge that he cheats on his wife with the pretty female co-hosts (and even has a kid with one). It didn't help at all that his wife didn't divorce him and Matt didn't seem to care one way or the other.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 5412/28/2012

Ann is a bitch and Matt is cute, what is there to discuss?

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 5512/28/2012

Do you think Matt showed David Muir how to manscape?

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 5612/28/2012

He's an ass.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 5712/28/2012

[quote]it was common knowledge that he cheats on his wife with the pretty female co-hosts (and even has a kid with one). It didn't help at all that his wife didn't divorce him and Matt didn't seem to care one way or the other.

I've read about cheating, but not about who he's cheated with. Co-hosts, baby?

I recall reading in some tabloid years ago that his wife went through a difficult period with depression. Her parents came over from the Netherlands to take care of her and the children and were critical of him and his treatment of her. Maybe she doesn't have the wherewithal to cut him loose. Immigration issues or international custody issues with the kids involved.

Actually, now might be a very good time to initiate proceedings.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 5812/28/2012

Proof that Matt can be rude toward Ann Curry.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 5912/28/2012

r53: Why would you be a member of a restricted club?

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 6012/28/2012

r60: I belong to the Mortimer Club because they serve a great breakfast and the parking is free.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 6112/29/2012

r60

It's there policy not mine

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 6212/29/2012

[R51] Oh shit, someone needs to sterilize all of the Buggers.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 6312/29/2012

Matt has become his own Picture of Dorian Gray.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 6412/29/2012

[quote]Weak white male abuses those more vulnerable while he protects his puerile peenie.

Sounds like it could have been an ad in the classifieds.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 6512/29/2012

R53 R60 R61 R63 I love all of you. I think of the same thing every time I hear Matt Guttman's name.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 6612/29/2012

I am watching the Saturday Today show right now crying. Their retrospective of the 25 years of weekend today included the beautiful David Bloom. Few men rang my chimes like David did and how sad he died so very young.

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 6712/29/2012

[quote]Few men rang my chimes like David

mary!

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 6812/29/2012

Where in the world is Matt Lauer? He's up my ass, that's where he is!

by Own up to it, Matt. You got Ann fired. Shame on you.reply 6912/29/2012
Need more help? Click Here.