Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Squirrels power-fucking outside my window

They mock me. But, on the other hand, spring is near! (I'm in CA).

Seriously the strangest thing I've seen in a while. There's a tree about 15 ft. from my window that has turned into the neighborhood fuckpad for squirrels. I heard a huge commotion, lots of yipping noises, with about four or five squirrels dashing around madly. At first I thought they were playing because they'd tumble out of the tree and run right back. Then I spotted the apparent alpha victor mounting another squirrel, presumably a female, but you never know. The others retreated and the pair were together for about five minutes. He took off and she kind of languidly hung onto the branch for about 10 min. It was all rather peaceful, unlike duck mating which looks pretty violent.

by Anonymousreply 3001/22/2014

Well OP, at least someone is having sex around here

by Anonymousreply 112/27/2012

Spring is near? It's January you moron. Winter has barely started.

by Anonymousreply 212/27/2012

Spring starts on Ground Hog Day in CA.

by Anonymousreply 312/27/2012

Squirrels power-fucking? I love it. God bless 'em. I'm envious.

by Anonymousreply 412/27/2012

I'm in CA, as I mentioned (California, if you need it spelled out), where our spring starts in early February. Stuff starts blooming then and it's not uncommon to have 60 degree days. Those are at least spring-like conditions if you'd like to be so concrete as to think spring as a date-delimited thing. I looked up squirrels' gestation periods and they range from a month to two months, so they're on schedule for the first litter of the year in spring-like conditions.

If I'm a moron, you are quite concrete.

by Anonymousreply 512/27/2012

I'm in No. Cal. too, and no sign of spring. Temperature in the 30s at night, so much rain I'm worried about flooding, and no buds on the bare trees.

I'll say that spring is coming when the almond tree outside my apartment blooms.

by Anonymousreply 612/27/2012

I'm in Sacramento. Our basement took some water in a couple of weeks ago. First time ever to my knowledge. And I have no idea how came it. Can't trace it, even when it rained again since water didn't leak in again. It has me a bit freaked out if repair is necessary. (yes, we have a full basement complete with a kitchen. The guy who built the house in '39 was a Midwestern transplant and wanted a cool place for the summer. I think he had a workshop down there, too.)

by Anonymousreply 712/27/2012

Thanks for checking in, No Cal; I left there 6 months ago and wondered how you were dealing with the rain.

by Anonymousreply 812/27/2012

Thanks for the laugh OP! We had a similar thing happen at our old place, but we had gay squirrels. There were two huge ceder trees in the front yard, on either side of the walk. There were always squirrels running up and down them. Then one evening two came running down one tree, stopped in the middle of the walk and started going at it. Then they switched positions and kept going! So they were versatile gay squirrels. We looked at each other and asked almost in unison, "How did they know this was a gay friendly house?!" It really cracked us up.

by Anonymousreply 912/27/2012

I think they were sport fucking.

by Anonymousreply 1012/27/2012

That's the funniest thread title in some time. Thanks for the laugh OP!

by Anonymousreply 1112/27/2012

Well, it's not like they can get a room.

by Anonymousreply 1212/27/2012

"Then I spotted the apparent alpha victor mounting another squirrel, presumably a female, but you never know."

This sentence made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 1312/27/2012

We have lots of rabbits and squirrels up here. It's a veritable orgy of rodentia.

by Anonymousreply 1412/27/2012

This has the makings of a classic thread.

by Anonymousreply 1512/27/2012

[quote] Then I spotted the apparent alpha victor mounting another squirrel, presumably a female, but you never know.

well, r9 knows

by Anonymousreply 1612/28/2012

Don't worry by next year some cat will have eaten both of them up.

by Anonymousreply 1712/28/2012

Squirrels are our ancestors from way back, the earliest primates evolved from squirrels. Think about that the next time you see one holding a nut with their little hands.

by Anonymousreply 1812/28/2012

This thread is pointless without a video link. :-)

by Anonymousreply 1912/28/2012

by Anonymousreply 2012/28/2012

Squirrels. Death.

by Anonymousreply 2112/28/2012

Now I am imaging these squirrels going at it to the beat of a Costello Presley soundtrack.

by Anonymousreply 2212/28/2012

Spring? It's not even January yet.

by Anonymousreply 2312/28/2012

I was hoping to see a repeat performance today, but it's colder than yesterday and the sun isn't out. However, I did spot the hummingbird (or one like it) that's been coming to the tree since summer. I can't believe it's still going. Last time I saw it was on the 22nd. Before that it was out feeding in windy drizzle. How does something so small and delicate-seeming survive winter, albeit a mild one?

I'm hoping the squirrels nest in this tree (I should put some food out). It was a great source of entertainment all summer because there were a couple of mockingbird clutches. The backyard hosted a mockingbird flight school in late summer. Great fun to watch the youngsters (with tiny bits of flocking still) flying around learning to land on wires and gutters. Some crashes.

R9 & R20 - Who knew squirrels are so versatile?

by Anonymousreply 2412/28/2012

Guy walks into a taxidermist's when two squirrels. The Taxidermist says "Do you want these mounted?" The guy says. "No, shaking hands will be OK."

by Anonymousreply 2512/28/2012

Are the squirrels cunts?

by Anonymousreply 2601/02/2013

I lived in CA for 17 years. It is not spring in February. R2 is right. You're a moron.

by Anonymousreply 2701/02/2013

My daffodils disagree with you, R27. Average high temperature for February in my town is 60.5 degrees.

by Anonymousreply 2801/02/2013

February isn't spring in NoCal, but there are signs of the spring to come. Cherry and plum trees are heavy with pink blossoms, and yellow mustard blooms in the green fields. When the sun comes out, it looks amazingly beautiful, but there's no guarantee it will make an appearance.

I once spent the entire month of February without seeing the sun. I worked night shift, and whenever I was up during the day, it was fogged in or overcast.

by Anonymousreply 2901/02/2013

OP here again. They're back. Well, not "they," other squirrels I'm sure. Same tree. Same routine.

by Anonymousreply 3001/22/2014
Need more help? Click Here.