Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Bunker Spreckels

.... his name makes me laugh.

Clark Gable's step-son.

Filthy rich (heir to a sugar fortune) surfer.

Dead at 27 (OD, I believe ...).

Supposedly a stud, but he looks to me like he could take one good picture, but was otherwise a stoner doofus

by Being a surfer doesn't automatically make you 'hot' ....reply 1212/27/2012

Bunker Spreckels sounds like a German pastry.

Or a Little Rascal.

by Being a surfer doesn't automatically make you 'hot' ....reply 112/27/2012

There's still a little town called Spreckles, Ca., named after the sugar company.

by Being a surfer doesn't automatically make you 'hot' ....reply 212/27/2012

I'd tap that

by Being a surfer doesn't automatically make you 'hot' ....reply 312/27/2012

Did he have bicep tattoos long before they were hip, or are those something around them? He looks hot. I love those sexy swim trunks with the buttons.

by Being a surfer doesn't automatically make you 'hot' ....reply 412/27/2012

It's sad when you look at him at 19, when he was just a gorgeous, skinny, blonde stoner selling nickel bags of pot in Santa Monica to fund his surfing adventures, and then take a look at him 7 years after he inherited, at 26, and looking like a 40 year old man about to die, which he did. Spreckels actually withdrew all of his money and put it somewhere (his "cave") where no one would find it. He leased the top suites in the best hotels around the world and never lived in them. Following in his father's footsteps, he went through all his money by the time he had died (or did he? Rumor has it there may still be some hidden somewhere). He said Gable taught him a lot about women, but most of what he said was rather vulgar. I wonder what it was that was in Bunker that made him want to destroy himself in seven years time. I had a rich cousin who did the same thing with alcohol. Only took him five though.

Kennth Anger did a tribute to him:

by Being a surfer doesn't automatically make you 'hot' ....reply 512/27/2012

Another movie about him that never got made. Click on "trailer." When he comes out of the door in the first frame of the clip, and kind of cocks his head as he walks toward the camera, that's a Spreckels move!

by Being a surfer doesn't automatically make you 'hot' ....reply 612/27/2012

what was his relation to Big Alma?

by Being a surfer doesn't automatically make you 'hot' ....reply 712/27/2012

Alma's son, Adolph, Jr., died back in 1961 from a life of excess, just as Adolph III (Bunker) did 15 odd years later. Bunker would not have inherited when he did if his father hadn't predeceased him. When Alma died he inherited his father's share from her. At the time, Alma was still living in the pillared mansion at 2080 Washington St that Danielle Steele now owns.

by Being a surfer doesn't automatically make you 'hot' ....reply 812/27/2012

He sounds like a real waste of DNA.

by Being a surfer doesn't automatically make you 'hot' ....reply 912/27/2012

Bunker appeared to be a homosexual.

Did Bunker die from drugs?

by Being a surfer doesn't automatically make you 'hot' ....reply 1012/27/2012

Photos of the old Spreckels Mansion, in Pacific Heights, San Francisco.

by Being a surfer doesn't automatically make you 'hot' ....reply 1112/27/2012

Bunker wasn't gay, at least not full time, lol. Because of his money and good looks, Kenneth Anger was interested in Bunker. Lots of people wanted to immortalize him. But, in the end, what did he really do? He was a member of the lucky sperm club who destroyed his life in a record seven years after getting his money. Imagine having the life he had and throwing it away. Why? In a perfect world, he'd still be around and known as one of the surfing greats. He was the first to surf on short boards and built them himself. That remains his greatest legacy. That, and the dissipation of millions and millions of dollars. He watched how people clustered around Clark Gable, people who didn't really care. Then he watched the same thing happen to him. First his loser father died young, and then Gable died. He was lost.

by Being a surfer doesn't automatically make you 'hot' ....reply 1212/27/2012
Need more help? Click Here.