Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Breaking: Kate Winslet Marries Ned Rocknroll!

Kate Winslet has reportedly married her beau Ned Rocknroll!

The 37-year-old Titanic actress and the 34-year-old businessman tied the knot “in early December in New York,” according to Us Weekly. “They were surrounded by a small group of friends and close family members.”

Kate and Ned, the nephew of Virgin Group founder Richard Branson, have been linked since Fall 2011 and supposedly got engaged over the summer. This is the third marriage for Kate, who previously wed directors Sam Mendes and Jim Threapleton, and the second marriage for Ned.

by Anonymousreply 7712/20/2014

Well, if the acting thing doesn't work out, the Branson family is mondo beyondo wealthy.

What's with his name Ned Rocknroll? Is this a joke?

by Anonymousreply 112/26/2012

Real name is Abel Smith, which is not great but still better than Ned Rocknroll.

by Anonymousreply 212/26/2012

I wonder if she'll insist on being billed as Kate Rock'n'roll? Her husbands also keep on getting uglier as they go on. As with the others, this won't last. Kate just needs the publicity.

by Anonymousreply 312/26/2012

Kate's gotten fat. This time for real.

by Anonymousreply 412/26/2012

He's going to have fun with those huge tits of hers.

by Anonymousreply 512/26/2012

One thing Kate does NOT have is huge breasts.

by Anonymousreply 612/26/2012

Congrats to them.

I always thought Kate looked better when she was a little chubby.

by Anonymousreply 712/26/2012

Slow down and leave some for the rest of us Kate. Christ what is this her 3rd or 4th marriage? is she even 40 yet.

by Anonymousreply 812/26/2012

She goes from man to man. Has she ever been just single?

by Anonymousreply 912/26/2012

It's sweet when someone finally asks the fat girl to dance in high school.

But this smells of sheer desperation.

Namaste.

by Anonymousreply 1012/26/2012

Proof that celebrities can marry in private if they wish to do so. In fact, they can do everything in private if they want. But most want to be on the front page of some magazine or another.

by Anonymousreply 1112/26/2012

R10 Ms Gwynnie, she's not desperate. Straight guys like women with a bit of junk in the trunk. BTW weren't you the one who complained about guys not asking you out in Britain? That can be explained very easily.... maybe Britihs guys have good taste and don't want to get involved with a self entitled and uppity cunt such as yourself. Oh and Kate never fucked Mario "So chubby he makes Oprah look skinny" either!

by Anonymousreply 1212/26/2012

Can someone explain the Sam Mendes marriage. I mean seriously this woman is as ambitious as it gets.

by Anonymousreply 1312/26/2012

I was going to say r8. She's JUST 34? Damn, she's had a lot of marriages for someone that age. She also looks a lot older for her 34 years.

Will she pop out some more kids?

by Anonymousreply 1412/26/2012

I think she thought Sam was her meal ticket.

by Anonymousreply 1512/26/2012

R13, He didn't want to get married. She got pregnant

by Anonymousreply 1612/26/2012

Titanic was 15 years ago. She was older than 19 then.

by Anonymousreply 1712/26/2012

Our Miss Kate thought Mendes was going to be a much bigger deal as a director (after AMERICAN BEAUTY) than he turned out to be.

He made JARHEAD. And then REVOLUTIONARY ROAD with Kate.

And no one cared. (She could have waited for SKYFALL, but there wasn't really a part for her.)

Back to the dating pool, Kate.

by Anonymousreply 1812/26/2012

She's 37, I think. She can pop out another kid. Three kids, three fathers... classy.

by Anonymousreply 1912/26/2012

37 sounds right.

by Anonymousreply 2012/27/2012

"If the acting thing doesn't work out"?

I'm not a huge fan, but she's a bit past worrying about that. She got multiple Oscar nominations in record time before winning and starred in the most popular film of all time.

by Anonymousreply 2112/27/2012

She seems to like to collect many things quickly, such as Oscar nominations and husbands.

by Anonymousreply 2212/27/2012

And her career never again reached the heights of TITANIC, did it? Even with an Oscar for... what was that movie again? Some film where she played a Nazi? I won my Oscar for memorably playing a victim of the Nazis!

And what else of note has she done since that boat movie? Another movie with that other pudgy one, Leo. And a TV remake of a Joan Crawford film - didn't Dunaway beat her to that too?

And that is all. Thanks for playing, Kate, now go with your new hubby to the still-smoldering ash that was his uncle's Caribbean resort and make sure there are no more old people still trapped inside.

Kisses--

by Anonymousreply 2312/27/2012

I wonder if he gets money from his uncle? There really doesn't seem to be anything else to recommend him other than he's related to Richard Branson.

Someone should remind Kate she doesn't have to marry every man she fucks!

She'll end up having a kid with this guy and then she can say she has 3 baby daddies!

by Anonymousreply 2412/27/2012

She was wonderful in Sense and Sensibility. Emma Thompson was horrible as her older sister. Vain trollope for playing 19 when she was 40. She should have played the mother! It ruined her career. Who could take Emma seriously after that? Kate was superb, the duress she suffered at the hands of Willoughby was terrible to see.

by Anonymousreply 2512/27/2012

Kate Weighs-A-Lot

by Anonymousreply 2612/27/2012

Ok, that guy definitely looks "special". He's got oompa loompa face.

She must have married for the Branson connection.

by Anonymousreply 2712/27/2012

Even Jared Eng brings the snark.

[quote]It was widely reported in the summer of 2011 how Kate spent time on Branson‘s private island when the house caught fire and she and the other guests had to evacuate. What many don’t remember is that Kate was still with former boyfriend Louis Dowler at the time and split quickly after. Perhaps she fell for Ned during the vacay? Kate and Ned were soon spotted together for the first time a couple months later!

by Anonymousreply 2812/27/2012

"And her career never again reached the heights of TITANIC, did it?"

R23 - Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Reader, Iris, and a lot of other roles.

by Anonymousreply 2912/27/2012

[quote] Someone should remind Kate she doesn't have to marry every man she fucks!

Why not? That's how Elizabeth Taylor had 8 husbands (as she herself admitted)...

by Anonymousreply 3012/27/2012

Did anyone actually SEE any of those films, R29?

by Anonymousreply 3112/27/2012

R31 - Yes, they did.

by Anonymousreply 3212/27/2012

A 3rd marriage for this whore before she's even 40?

by Anonymousreply 3312/27/2012

I initially read this as "Kate Winslet has Neckrolls"

by Anonymousreply 3412/27/2012

Did she call Leo fat again?

by Anonymousreply 3512/27/2012

She does look better with a little weight on her. Nature intended her to be short and chunky, and when she's got no flesh on her, she's all broad peasanty bones.

For some reason, she looks better porportioned with a few curves.

by Anonymousreply 3612/27/2012

Is this the point where we speculate that he possesses a huge, uncut cock?

by Anonymousreply 3712/27/2012

Does Kate have a history of being a size queen for big uncut cocks, R37?

by Anonymousreply 3812/27/2012

R36. - Kate's not that short. She's about 5'7".

by Anonymousreply 3912/27/2012

She's definitively well fed these days.

by Anonymousreply 4012/27/2012

[quote]Three kids, three fathers... classy.

On the indian rezes near where I'm from they call that "3 by 3" or 4 by 2, 2 by 1, etc.

by Anonymousreply 4112/27/2012

Kate sure got a close-up view of my 18-year old uncut cock.

by Anonymousreply 4212/27/2012

Lol, I scrolled and misread the title as 'Kate Winslet married Rockwell.' Now, that would have been interesting.

by Anonymousreply 4312/27/2012

Leo walked her down the aisle.

by Anonymousreply 4412/27/2012

There's something kind of funny about that, R44.

If Leo is indeed gay as some suspect, Kate has turned out to be his #1 fag hag.

by Anonymousreply 4512/28/2012

Leo walked her down the ailse....strange how those two remained so close yet nothing ever happened between them.

by Anonymousreply 4612/28/2012

The ex-Mrs. Rocknroll speaks:

[quote]he had changed his name by deed poll to Ned Rocknroll because, he felt, ‘people take themselves too seriously’.

Seeing the relationship develop in public has been bittersweet for Ned’s ex-wife Eliza, the eldest daughter of the Viscount Cowdray, and now a divorcee at the tender age of just 23. She insists their split was her decision and that she is happy for the man who ‘taught me about love’.

'I love him as much as I always did but that doesn’t mean we need to have a relationship.’

She says: ‘My reaction when Ned told me he had found someone else – and that it was Kate Winslet – was that it was painful, but that’s what was beautiful about it.

‘Honestly, that’s how I felt. I had made the decision to separate – that was my responsibility. I really wanted the best for him. It was a mixture of feeling pain and the sadness of the loss but also deep happiness that he was happy.

‘We’re all good friends – it’s all a big loving space. I’m not sure if I’ll meet them yet. I think it will be hard – it’s all quite fresh.

‘But what drew me to Ned was that he was unusual. He only ever treated me with deep love and respect. There was never one moment when he didn’t.’

[quote]‘He would say to me, there is no destination. The destination is now, now, now. The journey is the destination. We’re not trying to get somewhere. And that’s a really valuable lesson.’

by Anonymousreply 4712/28/2012

Also, sounds like he has a made up 'job' at his uncle's company, Virgin Galactic. His title: "Head of Marketing Promotion and Astronaut Experience."

by Anonymousreply 4812/28/2012

[quote]‘He would say to me, there is no destination. The destination is now, now, now. The journey is the destination. We’re not trying to get somewhere. And that’s a really valuable lesson.’

Well, so in addition to the pretentious name, he's also full of pseudo-spiritual twaddle.

It must be nice to have a bazillionare uncle who gives you some meaningless job.

by Anonymousreply 4912/28/2012

Free trip to space!

by Anonymousreply 5012/28/2012

[quote]"Head of Marketing Promotion and Astronaut Experience."

I cackled out loud!

by Anonymousreply 5112/29/2012

It's pretty easy not to take yourself too seriously when you've got Uncle's billions to fall back on. Another1%er who thinks he's everyman. He's perfect for that insufferable cow.

by Anonymousreply 5212/29/2012

[quote]“Ned is really happy with Kate,” a source once told Us of the couple. “He feels he can learn so much from her.”

He sounds like a prize.

by Anonymousreply 5312/29/2012

Kate Winslet, who has high school education, must have felt insecure with someone like Sam Mendes, so this time she picked an airhead.

by Anonymousreply 5412/29/2012

How long do we give it, and is it fair to guess in weeks?

by Anonymousreply 5512/29/2012

I can hear her lectures now.

"Why is it that a woman can't put on a few pounds and still be desirable in Hollywood? It's a double standard I tell you. This is what a woman LOOKS LIKE!"

And then she always goes out and marries the skinniest guy she can find. This is her third marriage? And they keep getting skinnier. She probably weighs them every day.

by Anonymousreply 5612/29/2012

Wonder what loony names they will come up with for their spawn. What goes with Rocknroll? Ivana, if it's a girl maybe?

by Anonymousreply 5712/29/2012

He is now known as Kate Winslet's husband. I wonder when it'll start to bother him.

by Anonymousreply 5801/07/2013

R57 - Do you think they want children?

by Anonymousreply 5901/07/2013

I bet on Kate having a kid with the new guy.

by Anonymousreply 6001/07/2013

Kate Winslet's apartment (the one she shared with Mendes). Pretty tame and bland:

by Anonymousreply 6101/08/2013

"Ned Rocknroll"....what a ridiculous, fake, twee name. What a weirdo.

by Anonymousreply 6201/08/2013

[quote] It ruined her career. Who could take Emma seriously after that?

The Oscar voters who gave her the best adapted screenplay award?

And FWIW, Emma didn't want to be in the film as an actress. But it was the only way they could secure the financing for it, so she went along.

by Anonymousreply 6301/09/2013

I love Rocknroll...

by Anonymousreply 6401/10/2013

The Rocknrolls wearing the same outfit.

by Anonymousreply 6502/23/2013

It says right there in the OP that she's 37.

by Anonymousreply 6602/23/2013

I wonder why datalounge seems to hate Kate Winslet?

by Anonymousreply 6702/24/2013

I don't hate Kate. In fact, I think she's a great actress.

by Anonymousreply 6802/24/2013

They are still together.

by Anonymousreply 6912/10/2014

Kate looks absolutely horrible as the journalist in Red Dragon. Time will not be good to her.

by Anonymousreply 7012/20/2014

Wearing darkglasses inside a store, in winter...does seem ridiculous. Looks like she wants to be noticed.

by Anonymousreply 7112/20/2014

She looks like a cow.

by Anonymousreply 7212/20/2014

Although I've seen probably over half of her movies, I sincerely doubt that I would notice her if she were sitting next to me at a coffee shop. She is not unattractive at all, but she projects an ordinary look. Candids I've seen of other stars have that "star" look -- the oversized pocket book, the obviously expensive clothes, etc -- but she always just looks like the decently attractive mom from down the street. I give her credit for obviously not trying to live her life in the limelight and to remain anonymous.

by Anonymousreply 7312/20/2014

I think she lives as she likes. Perhaps that spirit is what attracts men to her. She seems to have little trouble finding them.

by Anonymousreply 7412/20/2014

That old whore is looking pretty hippy in the pix at R69.

by Anonymousreply 7512/20/2014

She does look hippy, but she was not meant to be thin.

by Anonymousreply 7612/20/2014

i agree, she does what she pleases and some people don't like that, but I do. here's a girl who smokes, drinks, gives startlingly great acting performances and keeps custody of all of her children.

she's powerful. and so what if she could lose ten pounds! she's never be desperate.

Team Winslet.

by Anonymousreply 7712/20/2014
Need more help? Click Here.