Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Zach Wahls looking better and better

Normally I don't like beards, but this activist is smokin' hot.

by Anonymousreply 1612/27/2012

Are you his PR? Who is this person? Should I know him? Why are there so many posts about him? All I see is some dumpy guy who looks like he should be on a farm somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 112/26/2012

He's the kid who became famous challenging Iowa legislators on behalf of his two Moms R1. What the hell is wrong with you?

by Anonymousreply 212/26/2012

His voice is abrasive. He needs elocution lessons to modulate it.

by Anonymousreply 312/26/2012

Anyway one of the interesting things is that when he testified I don't believe he said whether he was gay or not because it was all about his Moms and raising the question would just get all the legislators afraid again. So he never said at that time.

by Anonymousreply 412/26/2012

I hope he's straight. Otherwise, he's just cannon fodder for the fundies who oppose gays adopting or raising children.

by Anonymousreply 512/26/2012

Zach Wahls is fabulous! I was surprised to see this video posted; I was at this event standing off to the right of the stage. One of my close friends was an organizer for Cedar Valley Pride Fest (inaugural year this past August). A great event, we were glad to see Zach there. He's a really great guy, and he came to here to Dubuque for a conference a couple of months ago, our friends had breakfast with him. They said he's a really down-to-earth guy.

by Anonymousreply 612/26/2012

[quote]I hope he's straight.

In interviews after his speech to the Iowa House of Representatives he identified himself as hetero. His appearance on Ellen, for example, is attached.

But as r4 mentioned Zach didn't give an indication either way in the speech since it was irrelevant to his topic.

by Anonymousreply 712/27/2012

Yeah now I remember. He's straight, which is I guess why people here love him so much. If he was gay people would be ignoring him or tearing him down. Why do we worship straight men so much in the gay community? Everytime I look up its this kid or Ben Cohen or Chris Klue or some other straight guy that is having their asshole licked for "fighting for gay rights" but when it's Dan Choi or Dan Savage or some other OUT GAY PERSON we can't tear them down quick enough.

This community is so twisted with self hatred and patriarchal straight (white) male worship it's not even funny.

by Anonymousreply 812/27/2012

What are people thinking when they set up a stage in front of an overpass?

Is it a small town point of pride re: progress?

by Anonymousreply 912/27/2012

But he didn't identify himself as straight on this video....

by Anonymousreply 1012/27/2012

It's actually not a very busy overpass, and the stage was at one end of the city block where the gay bar is. It was really a great setup, and no noise from the highway. They also hold their armrest market down in that area.

by Anonymousreply 1112/27/2012

I don't think it matters if Zach Wahls is gay or straight, because what he did was a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 1212/27/2012

Has to be straight - he's fat and dumpy looking.

No gay would leave the house looking like that, never mind make a public appearance.

by Anonymousreply 1312/27/2012

Piss off, I'll take him.

by Anonymousreply 1412/27/2012

Not that gay parents = gay kids, but FWIW both he and his sister Zebby ping to me.

by Anonymousreply 1512/27/2012

Gay parents have more gay children because there is less pressure to conform to heterosexist norms - although not NO pressure, since gay parents afraid of people saying they will make their kids gay probably communicate a subtle homophobia to their children.

Zach can be straight or gay or whatever he wants. Don't judge.

by Anonymousreply 1612/27/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!