Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Frau wants to take "severe food allergy" kids on a fundraiser to top of Mt. Kilimanjaro!

I kid you not. I did Twitter searches for a few athletes I like and found this strange tweets addressed to all of them.

[quote]@Carles5puyol Love your work! Thought I'd inspire you today that we are taking 10 severe food allergy kids to the top of Kilimanjaro!

These are soccer players based in Barcelona. Why would a Phoenix-based frau be tweeting them, I wondered? She's spamming THOUSANDS of accounts: celebrities, athletes, talk shows, you name it around the globe with this message.

And I don't think she's doing this with an automated routine. More about the expedition in the next post.

by Anonymousreply 1412/27/2012

Eosinophilic esophagitis (EoE) is an allergic inflammatory disease characterized by elevated eosinophils in the esophagus. Eosinophilic esophagitis is a rare disease, but increasing in prevalence to an estimated 1: 2000. This increase is thought to reflect an increase in diagnosis as well as a true increase in EoE cases.

It is important to control the symptoms of EE, because it can lead to severe scarring of the gastrointestinal track and other life threatening conditions.

It is our goal to organize a team of brave people to try and tackle something that quite possibly will be out of their “comfort zone”. Scaling the largest free standing mountain in the world, Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, Africa. It is our intention to raise awareness and necessary funding for research into this disease. We have decided to partner with the CURED Foundation to attempt something that has never been done in the EE world.

Combining 20 non affected adults with 10 EE kids, we will scale Mt. Kilimanjaro (19,340 feet) in teams of three. Two adults with one child.

All money raised from this climb will go directly to the CURED Foundation. CURED is a not for profit foundation dedicated to those suffering from eosinophilic enteropathy, which includes eosinophlic esophagitis, eosinophilic gastroenteritis, eosinophilic colitis and other eosinophilic disorders.

It is the hope of CURED to raise substantial funding to aid in research and public awareness for this complex disease. Although the disease is being diagnosed at an alarming rate, very little is known about Eosinophilic Disorder. It is our heartfelt belief and mission that CURED can make a difference for the individuals and their families who are touched by this disorder.

Our Goal is that everyone affected by this horrific illness is CURED!

by Anonymousreply 112/26/2012

Someone tell her there's a rare Tanzanian peanut which grows all along the foothills of Mt. Kilimanjaro

by Anonymousreply 212/26/2012

I'll donate $10 per child if they leave them up there.

by Anonymousreply 312/26/2012

It's not so odd that her "Why?" page doesn't have any preventive measures included. Why not avoid the most debilitating foods or products? Just tweet everyone one on the planet for your financial need

Her whole page has nothing beyond the disease and a few symptoms and a whole lot of GIMME other than some descriptions of sypmtomatology. Nothing else even about foods that allergic kids should avoid. What does this mean?

by Anonymousreply 412/26/2012

I'm all for it, ten kids with food allergies will get a chance to get away from their overprotective helicopter parents!

I'm not for it enough to send money or anything.

by Anonymousreply 512/26/2012

[quote]It's not so odd that her "Why?" page doesn't have any preventive measures included. Why not avoid the most debilitating foods or products?

But she's trying to enlist the globe in this weirdo project regardless. I've encountered a few other spam and her delusions are hugely intact. Pau Gasol and Kobe Bryant must pay attention and later come to its attention in their corporate regard.

I forwarded my concerns, but, of course, I was summarily blocked. And you do know your a SMUD POS, right?

by Anonymousreply 612/26/2012

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 712/26/2012

Exactly, R4. She notes "severe food allergies" in her spam tweets, but there's nothing of the sort on the webpage. Nothing about what foods cause the condition, so she isn't even raising awareness. It almost looks scammy. I looked but couldn't find her name on the site. It's a big, weird gimme. Seriously, isn't this a super-costly undertaking that could potentially cost more than it raises?

R6 - I about died laughing when the players from my favorite team (Barcelona) kept getting these weird tweets. And then I saw Gasol. Not only is she sending them indiscriminately, but to the other side of the globe where "severe food allergies" are a very weird concept. It wasn't so long ago that people went hungry in Spain. I also sent her a tweet asking if she even knew who Marc Bartra and Carles Puyol are, what they do, and where they live. I was summarily blocked, too. What's SMUD? She didn't say anything to me.

Maybe we can all return the favor and spam her feed.

by Anonymousreply 812/27/2012

Just sent here these tweets from a different account:

[quote]Hi - Wondering why your site doesn't have info about foods that cause these reactions. That would really help raise awareness

[quote]More information about prevention, PLEASE!!!! Help raise awareness NOW!!!

by Anonymousreply 912/27/2012

Her husband probably works for Monsanto.

Idiots, all of them.

by Anonymousreply 1012/27/2012

She spammed Cristiano Ronaldo. Or at least his assistant.

by Anonymousreply 1112/27/2012

Why the hell would she spam Puyol? Apart from being busy with his own life, I don't think he speaks English well enough to respond.

by Anonymousreply 1212/27/2012

dem kids be dead by the first day out

by Anonymousreply 1312/27/2012

I really doubt they've heard about nut allergies in Africa. Some sherpa with a handful of peanuts in his little sheepskin bag will end up causing one of the kids to go into anaphylactic shock.

by Anonymousreply 1412/27/2012
Need more help? Click Here.