Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Snow Storm Hits East Coast!

My friend called from his car, he's gotten stuck twice and his twenty minute drive home is now over an hour and only a few miles away from work. People out here will not be going to the movies tonight so the grosses will be down, yet the crazed "Les Miz" Will Flop Trolls" will crowing.

by Anonymousreply 4402/09/2013

And where exactly are you?

by Anonymousreply 212/26/2012

It's clear what your agenda is OP/Les Miz kaween.

by Anonymousreply 312/26/2012

I'm in NYC on W79th St. and it's a mess of snow and freezing rain at the moment. Pretty disgusting out there.

by Anonymousreply 412/26/2012

It's his fault for going to work. he should have taken the rest of the week off.

by Anonymousreply 512/26/2012

In DC it was snowing earlier, but not too bad.

by Anonymousreply 612/26/2012

I'm on Lomg Island and it's torrential rain.

by Anonymousreply 712/26/2012

Trying to get my bf to venture to the market on 76th and B'way to get some provisions, since it looks like we'll be in this storm for the long haul. He just got home from work and doesn't want to go out. I've already scolded him about this and have warned him that he could be trapped for days with no food and a cranky bf LOL. I'd go, but I twisted my ankle last summer when I foot got caught in a sidewalk crack. I came perilously close to breaking my foot. I don't think it's fully healed, so I don't dare go out in this weather and risk another fall.

by Anonymousreply 812/26/2012

Why didn't you call your boyfriend at work and ask him to stop off at the market on his way home? Liquor stores and upscale food marts on the UWS deliver, OP. You are either dimwitted or just cheap.You certainly are selfish. Is the BF hot? He deserves better than you. Did you make him cook dinner once he got home as well?

by Anonymousreply 912/26/2012

It didn't occur to me to ask him to stop on the way home. I realize most stores deliver, but with the hazardous sidewalk conditions, I imagine the stores are overloaded with delivery requests. Thought it'd be quicker for him to go out and get some stuff. My bf is hot, but I've been told by more than a few people that I'm hotter. He knows that he was lucky to get me, so he usually doesn't put up a fuss when I demand something LOLZ. And no, I don't cook. NOT. EVER. He's the chef in the family.

by Anonymousreply 1112/26/2012

Why wouldn't you have enough food in the apartment to last several days if not a week, R8?

Most people have frozen food and canned goods and items in the refrigerator and on the shelves which would certainly last several days and often a week or two.

by Anonymousreply 1212/26/2012

[quote] Trying to get my bf to venture to the market on 76th and B'way to get some provisions, since it looks like we'll be in this storm for the long haul

Yeah, at least until 9 pm or so when it turns to rain.

You poor thing. A long haul of overnight rainfall. However will you survive?

by Anonymousreply 1312/26/2012

[quote]People out here will not be going to the movies tonight so the grosses will be down, yet the crazed "Les Miz" Will Flop Trolls" will crowing.

Nice try, but New Yorkers aren't stopped by snow since they don't have to drive, and the weather's fine outside of the East Coast. When "Les Mis" underperforms tonight, you'll have only its shitty quality to blame.

by Anonymousreply 1412/26/2012

The weather is NOT fine outside the east coast. Talk about insular.Typical.

by Anonymousreply 1512/26/2012

You call this a storm?? Bitch, please...

by Anonymousreply 1612/26/2012

[quote] I've already scolded him about this

R8's turning me on.

by Anonymousreply 1712/26/2012

[quote]I'd go, but I twisted my ankle last summer when I foot got caught in a sidewalk crack.

Oh, you poor delicate flower. Be a man and go get some provisions and get off your bf's ass. You sound like a total prissy bitch.

by Anonymousreply 1812/26/2012

[quote] Why wouldn't you have enough food in the apartment to last several days if not a week

I'm guessing that you've never actually been in a NYC apartment. The kitchen is usually the size of a closet, with NO storage.

by Anonymousreply 1912/26/2012

No, R19, I lived in NYC and have seen a variety of apartments in NYC.

NYC apartments have kitchen cupboards, shelving, and refrigerators.

by Anonymousreply 2012/26/2012

The threat of being trapped with a cranky douche bf (vs. just a douche bf) may not be as motivational as you intend.

by Anonymousreply 2112/26/2012

Was going to drive the BF into Manhattan but ended up dropping him in Hicksville at the railroad. It's crazy out there. It didn't feel safe on the roads and he ended up getting home at the same time I did.

by Anonymousreply 2212/26/2012

We're having a thunderstorm right now. I remember winter thunderstorms before, but it's still odd to me.

Points south of us were under tornado watches this afternoon. And when you live on the ocean, with tornados come their aquatic siblings, water spouts.

by Anonymousreply 2312/26/2012

Yes, we got snow this morning through the afternoon, and then lots of cold rain. Blech.

by Anonymousreply 2412/26/2012

If I were in NYC, snow and freezing rain wouldn't stop me from going out to a movie, as long as I didn't have to drive.

by Anonymousreply 2512/26/2012

[quote] You call this a storm?? Bitch, please...

[quote] by: Sandyt

Right? We get these storms every two to three weeks in winter.

by Anonymousreply 2612/26/2012

I agree R25 because everything is walkable or subwayable. However, there is something so great about staying in doors and watching TV when its snowing/raining outside.

by Anonymousreply 2712/26/2012

I do love being warm inside and hearing the wind whipping around outside.

by Anonymousreply 2812/26/2012

I'd rather be inside being whipped.

by Anonymousreply 2912/26/2012

Is it snowing in Ohio?

by Anonymousreply 3012/26/2012

My heart bleeds for you!

by Anonymousreply 3112/26/2012

R30 It snowed in NE Ohio all afternoon, about 6+ inches. It is supposed to resume late tonight for another 4 inches or more.And that's why I live in the Southeast now...

by Anonymousreply 3212/26/2012

Oh daddie! @ r29

by Anonymousreply 3312/26/2012

r30--it was, ( Cleveland-ish) but we have a momentary lull. Blizzard warning got canceled, since the high winds that were expected wussed out. I just have to get up a little earlier then usual tomorrow and blow the driveway ( insert juvenile joke here )

by Anonymousreply 3412/26/2012

I'm all warm and fuzzy in my studio while doing some needlepoint pillows. Wonder what kind of soup I should make? I put on some extra pounds during the holidays with so many yummy goodies! (giggle)

by Anonymousreply 3512/26/2012

The storm was a trumped up sensationalized media attention whoring debacle.

by Anonymousreply 3612/26/2012

I sent Consuelo out for some mixers at about 4:00 this afternoon.

Haven't seen or heard from her since.

Frankly, I'm a bit concerned. And I've been drinking the Absolut over ice.

by Anonymousreply 3712/26/2012

I haven't had heat today in my ny apt. Finally got it turned on. You guys have no idea how cold it was. Really dont know how the homeless do it­čĹ║

by Anonymousreply 3812/26/2012

Tornadoes in NYC seems a bit showy.

by Anonymousreply 3912/27/2012

Loving this thread.

by Anonymousreply 4012/27/2012

Trash bags were skating down the streets of Philly during the night. I never saw anything like it. You would have thought they had legs and were running. It's trash day in my neck of the woods, needless to say. Feel bad for cars that were trying to pass through.

by Anonymousreply 4112/27/2012

wearing my new cute wedges in the snow

by Anonymousreply 4212/27/2012

DO NOT

Repeat DO NOT

Go to the Detroit Airport unless you call first.

There are many cancellations today.

by Anonymousreply 4312/27/2012

Oh, crap!!

by Anonymousreply 4402/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.