Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I've lost 20lbs in three months

I was feeling pretty good about it until my brother said, "That's ALL?! In three months of working out, lifting weights, and dieting, you have only lost twenty pounds?!" He then went on to tell me how he could lose 5 to 10lbs a week "without even trying", just by eating a bit better. Then he went on to lecture me and tell me that I must be lying about my diet or workouts. (i'm not) I feel like shit now. Then he said how "people on those weight loss TV shows lose triple that, you must be doing something wrong!"

I had actually been feeling great, because until now, I haven't been motivated enough to get off my lazy ass to work out and eat better. I've been trying for years to lose weight, and now that I have been successful, I get a lecture that it's not enough. I go to the gym 4 or 5 days a week, do 30 - 45 mins cardio and about an hour of lifting.

Is 20lbs in three months too little? Should I be doing more? I'm not willing to starve myself and spend 2 hours a day at the gym. I thought it was better to lose it slow and steady and keep it off. I still have about 50lbs to go.

by Big fat loserreply 5512/29/2012

Just ignore him, OP. I think 20 lbs. in 3 months is very nice... My husband has lost just about the same.

by Big fat loserreply 112/26/2012

That's perfectly healthy and sensible approach. Ten lbs a week is not. It sounds like your brother is trying to undermine you.

by Big fat loserreply 212/26/2012

You're doing it the right way. Losing much more than 1 pound per week isn't healthy and is just from crash dieting that will return quickly. Plus if you're working out, you're probably putting on muscle mass, counteracting some of the weight loss (so maybe you lost 25 pounds of fat and put on 5 pounds of muscle.) Just keep up the good habits and do it so you're happy and won't just quit the habits and put the weight back on.

by Big fat loserreply 312/26/2012

If you are over weight then any weight loss is a good thing. It is smart of you to exercise while losing the weight so you tone as you go. Nothing is more depressing than saggy skin and poor muscle tone after dieting. Don't listen to your toxic relative. Good luck.

by Big fat loserreply 412/26/2012

I bet it took longer than three months to put on 20 pounds, so why should you take it off any faster? Some people have very fast metabolism and can take it off quickly. The rest of us are normal. We take off one or two pounds a week and have weeks where we plateau and don't take off any weight at all. Also, if you're lifting, you've put on some muscle which is denser than fat.

Don't starve yourself. You will only slow your metabolism down and you will actually lose less. Don't be in a hurry. You should be making lifestyle changes rather than fasting and extreme dieting. You should be developing eating habits that you can live with for the rest of your life.

Ignore your POS brother. He's a killjoy who can't accept that you are doing something good for yourself. Be proud of your accomplishments, OP. You've done well. Keep up the good work and don't let anyone tell you that you aren't doing the right thing. It sounds like you're doing everything right.

by Big fat loserreply 512/26/2012

Your brother frankly sounds like a rotten asshole and an idiot to boot. Just keep doing what you're doing - it's an awesome accomplishment - and punch and delete him while you're at it.

by Big fat loserreply 612/26/2012

Your brother is an idiot. Keep up the good work.

The folks on the Biggist Loser are focused 24/7 on losing weight under constant supervision by trainers, nutritionists, and doctors. Your situation is not remotely comparable to theirs.

by Big fat loserreply 712/26/2012

Your brother sounds like a dick. 20lbs in 3 months is a bit over 1.5 lbs a week. That's great. It's moving forward.

Oh and the morons losing weight on TV all work out about 6 hours a day and their calories are heavily restricted. If they lost weight the healthy way, like you're doing, no one would watch.

by Big fat loserreply 812/26/2012

Slap your brother for us, will you?

20 lbs in 3 months is fine, and what you're doing is sustainable and is more likely to result in long-term weight loss than the crash dieting he seems to favor. Crash dieting is incredibly bad for you, while your program of exercise and nutritional diet is the way to get really healthy.

by Big fat loserreply 912/26/2012

I love 2000 pounds at Harrod's in three hours. What's your point?

by Big fat loserreply 1012/26/2012

I lost ten pounds in 54 years.

by Big fat loserreply 1112/26/2012

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the kind words and encouragement. He just made me feel like I wasn't doing enough. Funny, he needs to lose about 60 or 70lbs himself. So it's actually amusing now that I think of him saying how he could do it so much faster. Yet, he doesn't. Sadly, he's never cared that he is overweight as it has never affected him professionally or socially.

Anyway, thank you again. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing.

by Big fat loserreply 1212/26/2012

Losing 20 lbs is great. Better to make slow, sustainable lifestyle changes than to do something that you can't keep up.

Good job OP!

by Big fat loserreply 1312/26/2012

3 months is about 12 weeks.

A sensible weight loss is 2 lbs a week.

12x2=24 lbs.

OP, you are doing great changing your lifestyle.

Your brother will remain an unchangable dick.

by Big fat loserreply 1412/26/2012

Losing more than a pound or two a week, long-term is unhealthy and not sustainable.

by Big fat loserreply 1512/26/2012

Your brother is such a colossal asshole, he makes Gwynneth Paltrow seem like a mere, reasonably nice bitch-cunt from Hell.

by Big fat loserreply 1612/26/2012

Some people can't lose 20lbs in three *years*. If it was so easy, everyone would be trim and fit. Good for you.

And as for as your brother, it still amazes me how critical people are. How hard would it have been for him to say, "Way to go, well done!", and leave it at that?

by Big fat loserreply 1712/26/2012

The fact that your brother needs to lose 60 or 70 pounds explains a lot. He's an asshole who was probably hoping to sabotage you.

by Big fat loserreply 1812/26/2012

Success is the best revenge. Plus, you'll feel great and love the compliments.

by Big fat loserreply 1912/26/2012

You will keep that 20lbs off because you lost it slowly instead of dangerous crash diets that you gain back plus MORE.

20lbs is most commendable. Keep up the good work,OP and don't lose your momentum.

Don't listen to your brother or anyone else trying to sabotage your excellent progress. They are just jealous.

by Big fat loserreply 2012/26/2012

OP are you a man or woman? I don't want to respond until I know.

by Big fat loserreply 2112/26/2012

Your bitch brother has set himself up for humiliation next Christmas. It's as if he's given you a Christmas present 365 days in advance.

Next year, voice your concerns about his health, tiredness, limp-dickness, and depression. He probably won't remember the shit that fell out of his mouth.

by Big fat loserreply 2212/26/2012

OP the important thing is losing weight; everybody loses it on their own timetable because everyone's body and metabolism are different. 20lbs. in three months is actually quite good and is within the normal healthy range for weight loss. As others have said, you've probably gained some muscle as well and losing weight fast is not healthy for your body - it totally fucks up your metabolism. Losing 1 pound every week or two is the way to go. If your asshole brother really is losing 5 or 10 pounds per week that can be extremely dangerous and fuck up his heart rhythm.

Congratulations on your weight loss, you're doing fine so far.

by Big fat loserreply 2312/26/2012

Well, you've already gotten the pats on the back you were looking for, so I won't bother.

FYI: light workouts are not putting on the kind of muscle that's going to affect your weight more than a negligible amount, so don't fool yourself that 'muscle weighs more than fat,' like r5 mentions. It's healthier not to tell yourself this kind of crap. Also, the workouts are great for your health, but they also stimulate your appetite, so be careful you continue to monitor your calories.

by Big fat loserreply 2412/26/2012

I think shows like Biggest Loser do a disservice by showing such high volume fast weight loss. Some of the winners look like shit too because they went too far in losing weight to get the prize. They are also tweaking things not just through exercise but diet as well which they don't really show. They grossly manipulate their weigh ins too. It makes average people who can't work out 4-8 hours per day with minimal food intake feel like crap for not posting similar numbers. I wish they'd revamp the show so it's more than pounds lost.

by Big fat loserreply 2512/26/2012

And, a number of the Biggest Loser contestants have put the weight back on after the show is over. Like that formerly hot Iowa wrestler who won about six years ago. He gained back much of the fat within a few years.

by Big fat loserreply 2612/26/2012

Cut your asshole brother out of your life and you'll have lost a couple of hundred pounds of ugly fat in an instant.

by Big fat loserreply 2712/26/2012

Dear OP,

Ignore your brother.

Feel good about your weights loss.

Take a sport or sports that will challenge you to become and stay fit in the long run. This is important for long term success because dieting and training at the gym just to look pretty gets boring really fast.

Cheers,

Me

by Big fat loserreply 2812/26/2012

Good job!

by Big fat loserreply 2912/26/2012

If you brother is losing weight so quickly, it's probably partially due to loss of muscle in addition to fat.

by Big fat loserreply 3012/26/2012

The heavier you are, the quicker you lose. If you are 100 pounds overweight, you could easily lose 20 pounds in a month. If you are only 30 pounds overweight, it could take six onths to lose it.

by Big fat loserreply 3112/26/2012

About the vial of e. Coli in her purse, Mary Cherry mentioned that a girl never knows when she'll need to lose the odd 50 pounds. I think that shows if you're serious about weight loss, there are ways to take it off faster.

by Big fat loserreply 3212/26/2012

Good for you OP.

by Big fat loserreply 3312/26/2012

[quote]The fact that your brother needs to lose 60 or 70 pounds explains a lot. He's an asshole who was probably hoping to sabotage you.

Exactly. As others have said, you're losing the weight in a healthy way. Ask your asshole brother why he supposedly knows so much about weight loss when he's a porker himself.

by Big fat loserreply 3412/26/2012

Is your brother Chet from weird science.

He is an asshole and sounds like he is jealous of you.

He is purposely trying to break you down & sabotage you.

If he is so great and could do so much better than you then why is he threatened about you reaching your goals.

It is going to be a new year why surround yourself with negative people who make you feel bad about yourself.

Find people who support you.

by Big fat loserreply 3512/27/2012

Want to lose 180 pounds in 5 minutes? Tell your brother to go fuck himself.

by Big fat loserreply 3612/27/2012

fuck your brother.

fuck him right up the ass.

by Big fat loserreply 3712/27/2012

You also notice how in the final weeks of Biggest Loser they never show the men without their shirts. It's because the all look like Sagging wrinkled messes! If that show really wanted to help they'd include skin tightening surgery for the finalists.

by Big fat loserreply 3812/27/2012

20 pounds in three months is 80 pounds in a year.

Good for you.

by Big fat loserreply 3912/27/2012

That's nearly two pounds a week, which is just fine. Slow and steady, OP.

There's a way to lose 200 pounds instantly ...tell your brother to fuck off !

by Big fat loserreply 4012/27/2012

I can lose 10 lbs in a week without even trying, either, OP. you sound lazy and gluttonous.

by Big fat loserreply 4112/27/2012

R41, then why haven't you, fatass?

by Big fat loserreply 4212/27/2012

[quote] I can lose 10 lbs in a week without even trying, either

Either? Ya moron.

by Big fat loserreply 4312/27/2012

Does sagged skin ever go back to its original state. I know it can't for extreme weight loses, but what about smaller losses on people who aren't morbidly obese?

by Big fat loserreply 4412/27/2012

R42, I weigh 105 lbs.

R43, Yeah, either as in the same as OP's brother. Moron.

by Big fat loserreply 4512/27/2012

[quote]Yeah, either as in the same as OP's brother. Moron.

LOL, you're a stupid cunt.

by Big fat loserreply 4712/27/2012

Your brother is afraid of being the fat one. He needs you to stay in that role.

by Big fat loserreply 4812/27/2012

I have also lost 20 pounds in three months. 30 more to go. Everyone has been supportive except for two people--the woman who used to be the thinnest at my workplace and my sister who feels threatened (she is also overweight.) There will always be haters, expect it.

by Big fat loserreply 4912/27/2012

I've been able to lose the weight through eating healthier I'm at around 180lbs down from my all time high of 290lbs but I've made the sad discovery that without the fat I have pretty much no ass. Can anyone recommend exercises that really help build up the glutes? Thanks.

by Big fat loserreply 5012/29/2012

OP print this thread out and shove it in your asshole brother's fat lazy face.

by Big fat loserreply 5112/29/2012

[quote]I can lose 10 lbs in a week without even trying, either, OP. you sound lazy and gluttonous.

No you can't you illiterate fucking pig.

by Big fat loserreply 5212/29/2012

I used to routinely lose 20 days every three months.

But Dr Wilbur helped me.

by Big fat loserreply 5312/29/2012

That is a great weight loss for medium exercise on the treadmill and free weights three x week. Keep going! You don't need to kill yourself.

by Big fat loserreply 5412/29/2012

[quote]Can anyone recommend exercises that really help build up the glutes?

Lunges, squats, and deadlifts.

by Big fat loserreply 5512/29/2012
Need more help? Click Here.