Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Called my 92-year-old mother on Christmas Day

it took 15 seconds for her to start nagging.

By the 30-second mark I was yelling back.

Ten seconds later I said "I'm going, Merry Christmas...

to which she responded with her trademark indignance: I LOVE YOU.

...another Merry Fucking Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 3012/27/2012

[quote] By the 30-second mark I was yelling back.

Why yell, OP?

by Anonymousreply 112/26/2012

Well, we got a call from the Florida police that our 90 year old aunt died alone on Christmas Eve morning. She lived and died alone because that's the way she wanted it. She had no children and her nephew (me) is now upset that he has to spend $1000 to fly down there today so she can be buried on Friday. I went through this two years ago with my mom. They insist on taking care of themselves but really can't. They get nasty and beligerent even though I've taken care of them for years. Now lucky me gets to clean up the mess. All this and a sinus infection to boot. Not a great Christmas or 2012 so I'll be glad to see this year go away. Before the snarks come out, she died penniless so before it's over, it will cost me about $3G.

by Anonymousreply 212/26/2012

cause it is the only way to override the incessent nagging, R1.

by Anonymousreply 312/26/2012

Is Christmas a popular time for the elderly to drop?

by Anonymousreply 512/26/2012

Look out for the bad karma, you douche.

by Anonymousreply 612/26/2012

How old are you OP? Now times that by disappointment and regret and you'll understand her bitterness.

by Anonymousreply 712/26/2012

R2, you have a beautiful, warm and giving soul. Hope 2013 marks the start of better times for you.

by Anonymousreply 812/26/2012

OP, you are a miserable fuck if you could not put up with long distance nagging for a phone call. She's 92 fer crimeny sake.

And R2, you are the kind of relative who can't be counted on for day to day support as a caregiver. Be thankful that all it cost you was cash. You didn't have to lift one finger making sure the old gal took her pills, kept her appointments, visited her. No, she kept you from all that day to day grief and you complain that you have to fork out bucks AFTER she's dead. Why didn't you have her rolled into a gutter to rot away?

Fuck the both of you.

And r5, just after New Years the elderly that want to move on, move on in droves.

by Anonymousreply 912/26/2012

Sounds like you're just like her, you cunt.

by Anonymousreply 1012/26/2012

Trolldar OP/R3 and you'll see what a truly miserable piece of shit he is. I actually feel bad for him.

by Anonymousreply 1112/26/2012

Actually r2 said he tried to take care of them but they didn't want his help. So he was just there waiting around to take a $3,000 hit as soon as they died. I don't know why everyone's piling on him.

by Anonymousreply 1212/26/2012

It sounds as if you expected her to start nagging, OP, and that you played right into the scenario with your yelling. In that case, anyone with a modicum of intelligence, would have sent a card and not phoned.

by Anonymousreply 1312/26/2012

For fuck's sake, at 92 the old bag is not going to change. But if the mother is 92, OP cannot use the excuse of youth (that opportunity passed the better part of half a century ago, I should think.)

Your mother might be a hateful old cunt, but she's ninetyfuckingtwo. In all of your orbits around the sun, you still haven't learned how to make the best of what you've been given and let the old gal prattle on without getting into a shouting match with her?

Some tips for letting her ramble on for two or three minutes before remembering you have something in the oven and ringing off (all interchangeable; you needn't even really bother listening to the actual words she says, just interject any of these at any pause):

"Uh-huh"

"Really?"

"Why do you say that?"

"Interesting"

"I see"

"What else have you been doing?"

"Uh-huh"

"Hmmm"

"Yes, I remember her"

"Do you think?"

"I understand"

"Oh"

"Yes"

by Anonymousreply 1412/26/2012

Oh, wow.

My, my.

Really?

That's something.

by Anonymousreply 1512/26/2012

[quote]Now lucky me gets to clean up the mess

You chose to clean up the mess and that makes you a better person than what you'll give yourself credit for. She is family, sister of your Mother or Father and you know in your heart, they wouldn't want her thrown away in Potters Field, just as you wouldn't want to be. Good for you.

by Anonymousreply 1612/26/2012

3Gs? Guess your aunt really fucked you over didn't she R2.

Score one, um 3000 points, for the cranky dead bitch.

by Anonymousreply 1712/26/2012

[quote]it took 15 seconds for her to start nagging.

OP's mother, a bit forgetful at times, still is looking into getting an abortion.

by Anonymousreply 1812/26/2012

You don't have a problem, OP.

The fact that you and your mother have contact means her "nagging" is a lot more valuable than if you had turned your backs on each other. You know what is said about many relatives? "We only see each other at weddings and funerals." And for some of those many relatives ... not even weddings and funerals.

It's a Merry Christmas for your mother and you, OP!

by Anonymousreply 1912/26/2012

At the 90 second mark he started hissing

by Anonymousreply 2012/26/2012

I kind of like R21.

OP is a horrible person.

by Anonymousreply 2212/27/2012

AIDS jokes are funny now?

by Anonymousreply 2312/27/2012

Morons on this thread attacking OP and anyone who has had to suffer with mean older people (especially when you are trying to be kind to them, or help them) must themselves be monstrous people who expect others to wait on them.

by Anonymousreply 2412/27/2012

[quote] Morons on this thread attacking OP and anyone who has had to suffer with mean older people

OP's mother might be awful, but most people can have a reasonable telephone conversation for more than 30 seconds on Christmas Day:

[quote] By the 30-second mark I was yelling back.

by Anonymousreply 2512/27/2012

[quote]Morons on this thread attacking OP and anyone who has had to suffer with mean older people (especially when you are trying to be kind to them, or help them) must themselves be monstrous people who expect others to wait on them.

If OP's mom is 92, he's pretty fucking old himself.

by Anonymousreply 2612/27/2012

I do not think you have had to suffer with difficult people. Or you are one yourself.

by Anonymousreply 2712/27/2012

Yeah, and I bet he is pretty tired of being treated like shit.

by Anonymousreply 2812/27/2012

AIDS is a joke since Magic Johnson.

And you reap what you sow.

by Anonymousreply 2912/27/2012

[quote]to which she responded with her trademark indignance: I LOVE YOU.

The nerve!

by Anonymousreply 3012/27/2012
Need more help? Click Here.