Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I lost 100 lbs and I look like shit.

Anyone here left with a flabby droopy body after a lot of weight loss?

What are my options for looking less like a Shar Pei? Surgery, mud wraps, never taking off my shirt?

by Anonymousreply 3012/30/2012

Surgery is really the only way to alleviate all the excess flesh, OP.

by Anonymousreply 112/25/2012

I lost 75, OP and have that same look. I'm looking into surgery in 2013 for skin removal and tightening of the waist area ....

by Anonymousreply 212/25/2012

My sister lost over 100 lbs. and had the same problem; she had her first surgery to take care of the droopiness around her face and neck, will have another for her arms, and perhaps a tummy tuck; none covered by insurance. (One of the unexpected expenses of the lap-band surgery).

by Anonymousreply 312/25/2012

Don't fret. Odds are you'll put it all back on, plus some.

by Anonymousreply 412/25/2012

Three steps to help OP 1. Get a chin exerciser. Yes, you actually have muscles in your chin that you should be using (and which have lost some mass with your less eating).

2. Get CVS (or your drugstore brand) firming moisturizer with Co-Q10. It really does both moisturize and tighten if used daily.

3. When you shave do not pull the skin taught either under or over your chin. That is contributing to your problem, just let the razor glide over it once and if you end up with some stubble down, so be it.

Otherwise, grow a beard.

by Anonymousreply 512/25/2012

Make sure you scrub between the flabs of flesh, OP. Use a toilet brush to get deep down inside if you have to. I'd hate for you to be a stinky mess!

by Anonymousreply 612/25/2012

Surgery sounds like the only option, too bad the scars look worse than the dimpled flabby flesh.

Has anyone actually had a tummy tuck or lipo?

by Anonymousreply 712/30/2012

OP = Perez Hilton

by Anonymousreply 812/30/2012

Have you tried to toning exercises at the gym? Working out with a Shake Weight? Lifting lighter weights with more repetition?

Did you lose the weight on purpose? Or were you ill? It's so important to remember with any weight loss journey to add conditioning to diet and cardio. It helps tighten your body as you slim down so that you won't have too much excess skin and won't have to resort to methods like surgery to get rid of it.

by Anonymousreply 912/30/2012

Ignore everything R5 said. That is all pure frau bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 1012/30/2012

Have you considered working in the paragliding industry?

by Anonymousreply 1112/30/2012

You're screwed. No matter what you do you won't look as good as someone who was never overweight.

Don't go shirtless. Make the best of the rest of your life.

by Anonymousreply 1212/30/2012

"I'm a sugar-glider!"

by Anonymousreply 1312/30/2012

I lost 130lbs or so a few years ago. The skin folds were the worst. I had plastic surgery in 2011 - results were pretty good. Spend close to 20,000 but some of the best money I ever spent.

by Anonymousreply 1412/30/2012

I remember reading somewhere (Im sure you can Google it) that in a lot of cases where people lose large amounts of weight and have extra skin it's because you have more weight to lose. That if you lose additional weight, the skin which is elastic, will firm up.

Just passing it along.

by Anonymousreply 1512/30/2012

Do a couple/few rounds of P90X. Seriously. You will be motherfucking AMAZED at what happens to your body.

by Anonymousreply 1612/30/2012

Give good old fashioned exercise a try for a year and then consider surgery if you can afford it. But don't rush into anything.

by Anonymousreply 1712/30/2012

How old are you? I think if you're under 50 there's a chance the skin will retract somewhat with exercise over time.

I'm female and lost 75 pounds and didn't have any loose skin (aside from the boobs, but I had that fixed). I wonder if it's because I was only obese for about a year around age 30. I was usually 25-30 pounds overweight, but one year I put on another 40 pounds. Since losing the 75 I regained and relost 30, but never got near my maximum weight, thank God.

by Anonymousreply 1812/30/2012

A co-worker had gastric bypass and then had to get the excess skin removed. She didn't have enough vacation time to recover at home so she came to work with about 8 bags attached to her body "draining" fluids. It was vomit inducing. I hate her. p.s. She's gaining it back already.

by Anonymousreply 1912/30/2012

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS! Losing that much weight is a major accomplishment and you should be proud of it.

Apparently this is very typical of people who've lost a lot of weight in a relatively short amount of time.

by Anonymousreply 2012/30/2012

OP how did you lose the weight in the first place and how long did it take?

How tall/how much do you weigh now?

by Anonymousreply 2112/30/2012

Forgot to add it took me 6 months to lose the weight.

by Anonymousreply 2212/30/2012

Sadly it probably never will be be the same as if you never had gained the weight. But you still you should be happy about how much you improved your health by losing the weight and be sure it doesn't come back.

As others have said if you are young working out plus time might be able to return some elasticity and help. Surgery of course is the other option but that will also leave scars of course.

Either/both will help but unfortunately it will probably never be perfect but remember where you came from and know it is 1000x better.

by Anonymousreply 2312/30/2012

R19,

I'll never forgive you for that mental image.

by Anonymousreply 2412/30/2012

What utter bullshit. Gastric bypass then surgery.

If they really need the surgery at all it's because of the bypass. If you lose weight in a healthy, slower timeframe your skin will be fine. It is elastic if its healthy.

I am a female and between theages of 52 to 54 I lost 80 lbs. I had been overweight for about 5 - 6 years. I went from 188.6 lbs to 110. I used Weight Watchers for the first half of the loss and did the rest on my own using WW principles and adding daily exercises with free weights.

I did not need any surgery and in fact my body was in better shape after this loss than before my weight gain when I weighed even less.

It is called working at it. The worst side-effect I think of all the surgeries is that it continues what has obviously been a very long time of laziness and refusal to take action. Shortcuts don't usually work because the main problem is a change in habits and thinking and that takes time.

You cannot just lose that amount of weight without an accompanying exercise regimen. You also have to be cognizant of what it takes to keep your skin healthy and elastic - fluids. Didn't anyone counsel you before and during this weight loss.

Start exercising OP. Walk instead of drive. Take the stairs. Get your body into movement. It will be hard and painful at first. You need to work on getting the exercises done correctly so they actually are effective. But within a month or so it starts to get easier and you will slowly see and feel the results.

One example of my body bouncing back - after I lost about 35-40 lbs and before I started exercising my stomach hung down and I thought how disgusting and how I was just like those people on TV and oh-my-god I'll need surgery. One of my exercises in my 50 minute video routine was 2 minute ab crunches. They killed me at first - I was in tears begging for help - but as I advanced I made sure I was following the instructor's tips for getting the most out of each exercise I did. I did my exercises in front of a mirror/glass door so I could see what my body was doing. Within 3 months the ab crunches were too easy and I switched up as suggested - but within a short time - from Christmas Eve to early April my stomach was flat. Okay not concave like before but FLAT.

Nothing takes years off a body like a flat stomach.

So, OP, listen to people telling you to exercise first. I cannot imagine that surgery is a better answer than making your body work its way back into shape. I disagree with R23.

Good luck and stop whining. Just do it.

by Anonymousreply 2512/30/2012

I lost 50 pounds and workout on a rowing machine everyday. It tightened my chin, chest, abs and legs. I thought I would have a problem with loose skin but it never happened. I am 59 and never looked better.

'

by Anonymousreply 2612/30/2012

When I was 16, I lost 60 pounds over the course of a year (the natural way). Unfortunately, once you get stretch marks, your skin elasticity is shot. It never bounced back and I had a flabby stomach until I was 30 and got a tummy tuck.

It was the best decision I made. At 5'8" and 135 pounds, having this huge flap of skin that rested on my thighs was utterly depressing. I couldn't wear anything remotely formfitting. Now, I have a scar from hip to hip, but I look proportional and can buy clothes that actually fit. Recovery was very easy, but I was already in good shape.

Congrats on the weightloss!

by Anonymousreply 2712/30/2012

Yeah, I lost 64 pounds when I was 17. I've managed to keep most of it off for over 20 years through exercise and I still have excess skin on my hips and lower back.

It never goes away. Even others say they can't see it, it still jiggles when I jump around or fuck vigorously.

OP, the nice thing about a tummy tuck is that it removes some of the stretch marks. I've never been able to afford the procedure so I just pretend my stretch marks are tattoos from my dumb youth.

by Anonymousreply 2812/30/2012

Has anyone tried skin brushing?

Anyone get laser treatment on stretch marks?

by Anonymousreply 2912/30/2012

Wasn't there talk in the cosmetic surgery industry of some kind of laser or heat therapy that was supposed to help tighten up lose skin? I thought I'd heard that plastic surgeon on The Drs say something about it a couple of years ago.

by Anonymousreply 3012/30/2012
Need more help? Click Here.