Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

U.S. War Crimes

Interesting Wikipedia article. Any you would argue against? Any left out? I'd nominate the ouster of Iranian Prime Minister Mosaddegh for the latter (not technically a war crime I know, but arguably the root of subsequent terror and war).

by Anonymousreply 703/22/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 112/26/2012

I was surprised to read about the crimes against German citizens by American occupation forces after WWII. I had wanted to believe that my countrymen were above it. And the starvation that the Germans endured went on for several years, but I guess it was all the consequences of allowing the Nazis to rise to power in their country.

by Anonymousreply 212/26/2012

Crimes by occupation forces are pretty standard. You need not go back more than a few years to find such crimes in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Okinawa.

There were many in Northern Ireland as well.

The Germans were pretty rough on the people of Russia as well as Eastern France. The commander in Paris was more gentlemanly and kept his troops in line unless when dealing with The Resistance.

Canadians were sent up for torturing civilian children in Afghanistan, and then there is Israel, who harvested the organs of Palestinians who didn't toe the line.

China too harvests organs -- they execute prisoners in a way that doesn't quite kill them, then strip mine their bodies.

The French in Algeria were notorious for their bad behavior and tried to make up for it by liberal immigration policies after, which now many regret.

Then there were the Imperial Japanese in Manchuria and the Philippines -- they not only slaughtered millions, they did horrible medical experiments on millions more, as did their fellow Axis partners, the Germans.

Later, the US would perform similarly unethical experiments on its own people. Currently, the US and Israel are refining psychological torture techniques on people in the Middle East. Drone warfare, in which the West is occupying the sky about supposedly neutral countries, is also a recent phenomenon with an ancient urge to demoralize.

by Anonymousreply 312/27/2012

You ass. The CIA was involved in the overthrow of Swiss citizen Mossaddeq, but who else supported the Shah? KHOMENI!!! The ayatollahs were deadly afraid of Mossaddeq, believing him to be a communist. The religious establishment worked hard for his overthrow. Mossaddeq had just nationalized oil, true, and Saudi Arabia had just gone 50/50 with Aramco. Mossaddeq's son was a doctor in Teheran, and when Khomeni came to power he gave him 48 hours to leave the country.

No, I nominate the 1965 overthrow of Ben Bella in Algeria, a product of Israel, the Democratic Party, LBJ, the New York Times, etc. Ben Bella was set to convene the Second Bandung Conference on the problem of Israel under Chinese auspices. Needless to say, this horrified some very broad-minded people upset with Barry Goldwater in the US and elsewhere. Ben Bella was kidnapped and taken to a fortress in the Sahara. Both Nasser and Nkruma sent commandos to try to rescue him, the Ghanians taking particularly heavy casualties.

by Anonymousreply 412/27/2012

Those poor Germans. Boo fucking hoo.

by Anonymousreply 512/27/2012

Cambodia/Laos was the biggest at over 2 Million dead by US bombs.

by Anonymousreply 612/27/2012

We used depleted uranium rounds "liberating" Fallujah and the rates of cancer and birth defects seen surpass those post-Hiroshima

by Anonymousreply 703/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.