Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jane Wyman and Ronald Reagan

I wonder how she felt about Ronnie being President. My mother used to watch "Falcon Crest", and there were occasional discussions in our very Democratic family about how close Jane was to Reagan.

by Ana Alicia's Gay Little Brotherreply 3302/20/2013

She wouldn't have been on Falcon Crest if he hadn't been President. His election brought renewed interest in her.

by Ana Alicia's Gay Little Brotherreply 112/23/2012

She was always generous in her remarks. Although she could have been just holding her tongue. She was usually a classy woman, except for changing husbands like underwear.

by Ana Alicia's Gay Little Brotherreply 212/23/2012

Jane Wyman was quoted as having said something to the effect, [italic]I may be the only woman who can say she voted for her ex-husband.[/italic]

by Ana Alicia's Gay Little Brotherreply 312/23/2012

Is it true that Jane Wyman was buried in a bridal gown, and considered herself "married to God"?

by Ana Alicia's Gay Little Brotherreply 412/23/2012

I always loved how Reagain pointed out he was divorced and it wasn't his wish. He said that even as he was running for prez. Nancy must have been so pissed!

by Ana Alicia's Gay Little Brotherreply 512/23/2012

Jane was buried in Nancy's bridal gown. Patty arranged it.

by Ana Alicia's Gay Little Brotherreply 612/23/2012

I'm sure Reagan was thrilled to discover that he had married the blowjob queen of Hollywood. I wonder if Nancy passed any of her skill down to Ron Jr.?

by Ana Alicia's Gay Little Brotherreply 712/23/2012

I don't give any credibility to Kitty Kelley, and I doubt that Nancy Davis Reagan gave good head. But nobody will ever convince me that Ron, Jr. is not queer as a three dollar bill, and I would bet that he gives a great blowjob.

by Ana Alicia's Gay Little Brotherreply 912/23/2012

Ron Reagan looks exactly like Nancy.

by Ana Alicia's Gay Little Brotherreply 1012/23/2012

I heard the "Nancy Davis gave great head" meme way before Kitty Kelly - back in the late 1970s.

Maureen Stapleton had been her roommate for a while in Hollywood, and she made a joke about Nancy keeping a banana by her bedside "to keep in practice."

by Ana Alicia's Gay Little Brotherreply 1112/23/2012

I always wondered if Jane Wyan came out of retirement in order to steal some of Nancy's thunder. I think Nancy Davis was the great love of Ronald Regan's life, but I think Ronald Tegan was te great love of Jane Wyman's life, and I think it drove Nancy nuts.

by Ana Alicia's Gay Little Brotherreply 1212/23/2012

Dominick Dunne did a piece on her for Vanity Fair years ago. (See link.)

He writes about the rumors regarding Jane and Nancy Reagan, but there was no discussion of Reagan with Wyman during his interview. It's not one of more very interesting pieces; Wyman--as Dunne notes--was very controlling, and their interaction seems flat. I wish he had asked her about working with Douglas Sirk.

by Ana Alicia's Gay Little Brotherreply 1312/23/2012

Jane liked Ronnie, but she was at heart a Democrat. Yes, she identified as a Republican, but the word was that she disapproved of some of his policies - most notably, his orchestrated collapse of mental health care.

by Ana Alicia's Gay Little Brotherreply 1412/23/2012

Jane also found Reagan to be dull and a tedious thinker. He bored the pants off her, and the results obviously weren't enough to keep her married to him.

Also, the fact he was a rapist may have bothered her.

by Ana Alicia's Gay Little Brotherreply 1512/23/2012

Who is Reagan alleged to have raped, R15?

by Ana Alicia's Gay Little Brotherreply 1612/23/2012

Well you should give credence to Kitty Kelley because she has by far the best documented book out there.

by Ana Alicia's Gay Little Brotherreply 1712/23/2012

I recall hearing one time that ronnie went through some stage where he almost required Jane to come to the dinner table with some current event topic that basically he could expound upon. I think that got old with her very quickly and understandably. It might be ok if it were more spontaneous and if you might involve your kids in the discussion so they could learn more about civilized conversation, but making it some kind of requirement is treading on thin ice.

by Ana Alicia's Gay Little Brotherreply 1812/23/2012

Wyman always had a very hard look about her. As for sex with Ronnie, I can only imagine Wyman with a formidable 1940s style strap-on having at Ronnie's tender hole.

by Ana Alicia's Gay Little Brotherreply 1912/23/2012

[quote]Wyman always had a very hard look about her.

Such a shame that Wyman could never look as warm as inviting as this...

by Ana Alicia's Gay Little Brotherreply 2012/23/2012

[quote] I think Nancy Davis was the great love of Ronald Regan's life, but I think Ronald Tegan was te great love of Jane Wyman's life,

Well, if Nancy loved Ronald Reagan, and Jane loved Ronald Tegan, what was the problem?

by Ana Alicia's Gay Little Brotherreply 2112/23/2012

Beats the fuck outta me.

by Ana Alicia's Gay Little Brotherreply 2212/24/2012

Me either.

by Ana Alicia's Gay Little Brotherreply 2312/24/2012

Nancy broke up their marriage. Of course Hollywood press made it seem like that didn't happen as Jane was a huge star and Reagan a tiny itsy bitsy one. Like his penis.

by Ana Alicia's Gay Little Brotherreply 2412/24/2012

Jane didn't discuss Ronnie during interviews for "Falcon Crest". It was reported that "FC" was watched in the White House by the President, but not the First Lady. When Reagan was shot in 1982, Jane was very upset, and left the set to cry in private. Then she came back in full Angela Channing character and said "Okay, let's get back to work!". She was a hard cookie!

by Ana Alicia's Gay Little Brotherreply 2512/24/2012

Nancy didn't break up their marriage. It was Jane's career, whic began to make Ronnie's look like small potatoes, that started the rift,

by Ana Alicia's Gay Little Brotherreply 2612/24/2012

And yes, Jane was a Democrat. So was Ronnie, until his affair with Nancy - and the coercion of Dick Powell - tuned him into a Republican.

by Ana Alicia's Gay Little Brotherreply 2712/24/2012

[quote]Who is Reagan alleged to have raped, [R15]?

Not R15, but I read the Kitty Kelley book. There is an account actually given by a former starlet who claimed to have dated Reagan before Wyman. IIRC, it sounded like a classic date rape situation. At some point she said "no" and he continued. I can't remember if it was this woman or another who claimed that she got pregnant by him and he either forced her to get an abortion or arranged it. It's been a while since I read the book.

by Ana Alicia's Gay Little Brotherreply 2812/24/2012

I finally read Dominick Dunne's piece about Jane Wyman. Her best friends were Loretta Young and Barbara Stanwyck. The former was instrumental in her conversion to Catholicism (she was pretty devout) and the latter was known to be a Hollywood lesbian, right? Interesting group of friends.

by Ana Alicia's Gay Little Brotherreply 2912/29/2012

Jane was buried in a nun's habit! Kinky!

by Ana Alicia's Gay Little Brotherreply 3001/07/2013

I've always loved this exchange from THE GOLDEN GIRLS, when Rose and Sophia ponder who President Reagan is married to.

by Ana Alicia's Gay Little Brotherreply 3101/07/2013

Jane Wyman reads The Yearling

by Ana Alicia's Gay Little Brotherreply 3202/20/2013

Couldn't have happened, R25 unless they were filming the pilot.

Reagan was shot in March of '81 and FC didn't premiere until December of that year.

by Ana Alicia's Gay Little Brotherreply 3302/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.