Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Good lord, just let it die already!

How I Met Your Mother renewed for Season 9.

by Anonymousreply 3312/30/2012

Jesus H, release Cobie Smoulders from her contract already, she could be doing so much better than this shitty show. It's gone on for far too many seasons, no one gives a shit who the mother is anymore.

I was hoping she'd be cast in the new S.H.I.E.L.D. show but that's probably not going to happen now. Oh well, I hope she has a bigger part in the next Avengers movie.

by Anonymousreply 212/22/2012

The actors will make a fortune from another season, although frankly all of them are pretty much already set for life and probably could be moving onto different, more interesting projects.

Hollywood is like this. The devil you know vs. the devil you don't.

by Anonymousreply 312/22/2012

I'm not sure I understand you, R3.

by Anonymousreply 412/22/2012

The worst news EVER.

by Anonymousreply 512/24/2012

I never liked this show.

by Anonymousreply 612/24/2012

If I was one of the barely-talents that is on this show (save for NPH), they would have to physically remove me from the set with all the money they're making.

by Anonymousreply 712/24/2012

That actress who plays Robin is so AWFUL that I had to stop watching....of course her awfulness makes the rest of them look better....so I guess they had to have her.

Did I mention what a terrible actress she is? Calling her an actress is an insult to actresses.

by Anonymousreply 812/24/2012

I've never seen a minute of this show, but from the title - surely he's told them the story by now??

by Anonymousreply 912/24/2012

With the exception of NPH (who I love), the other actors all know...

This is the best freaking job they will ever have.

by Anonymousreply 1012/24/2012

Has Josh Radnor come out yet?

by Anonymousreply 1112/24/2012

Ugh, I can't stand this show. I can't watch it for more than 5 minutes at a time because it's so irritating and NPH's character tries WAY too hard to be funny.

I actually prefer NPH's pre-How I Met Your Mother work. I'd like to see him do more "serious" acting again once this mess is finally over.

by Anonymousreply 1212/30/2012

Right when I thought I've seen the last of NPH...

by Anonymousreply 1312/30/2012

OP = Frédéric Prinz von Anhalt

by Anonymousreply 1412/30/2012

Generic straight guys who you'd cross the street to avoid LOOOVE this show.

by Anonymousreply 1512/30/2012

I hate CBS. I never watch anything on that network 'cause it suuucks. P-U.

by Anonymousreply 1612/30/2012

The ratings are solid so it's not going anywhere unless the actors decide enough is enough. Now who's going to raise their hands to give up a steady paycheck? Especially when Jason Segal can still make movies and NPH can count on the Smurfs franchise.

by Anonymousreply 1712/30/2012

[quote]The ratings are solid so it's not going anywhere unless the actors decide enough is enough. Now who's going to raise their hands to give up a steady paycheck?

Jerry Seinfeld

Shelley Long

TR Knight

Dave Chapelle

The cast of Friends

All of them quit shows that were hits and while they were at the top of their game, and they all made great money. But they all got tired of playing the same character year after year and decided that even good money wasn't worth the "steady paycheck".

by Anonymousreply 1812/30/2012

r17

Yep always in the 40s....Yawn..

It's sad how now-a-days you can have a show in the 40s and still be renewed.

by Anonymousreply 1912/30/2012

Dear Cobie Smulders troll, she's is the weakest link on that show other than possibly Josh Radnor. She's lucky she's gotten anything.

by Anonymousreply 2012/30/2012

The only funny things Robin has done in eight seasons is Robin Sparkles and her irrational hatred of Patrice.

by Anonymousreply 2112/30/2012

These actors wasted their prime acting years on an unfunny Friends ripoff and they'll never get them back.

by Anonymousreply 2212/30/2012

Are we EVER going to find how he met their mother?

by Anonymousreply 2312/30/2012

Believe it or not I've never actually watched this show. My sister lent me the first 2 seasons. Should I bother?

by Anonymousreply 2412/30/2012

I've only seen about half an episode.

I'd like the last minute of the show to be the father - Bob Saget? - about to finally how he met whoever's mother and say, "and so, this is how I met your mother...". SHOW ENDS!

LOL

by Anonymousreply 2512/30/2012

The mother is Robin. It's been hinted at in prior episodes.

by Anonymousreply 2612/30/2012

R18 TR Knight is not the best example here. There was more than one reason, why he had to leave the show. Supposedly Shonda Rhimes didn't make it easy for him after her precious Isaaiah had to leave the show for throwing a homophobic slur at Knight. She didn't even give him much to work on the show, he was more like an extra than a main cast in the later seasons. I'm not surprised that he wanted to leave that miserable place and move on.

by Anonymousreply 2712/30/2012

R27, he was given part-ownership of the show as an incentive to stay on. I don't know if I buy your story.

by Anonymousreply 2812/30/2012

[quote]It's sad how now-a-days you can have a show in the 40s and still be renewed

40's??

by Anonymousreply 2912/30/2012

"The mother is Robin. It's been hinted at in prior episodes."

Then why is she always called "Aunt Robin" by Ted when talking to the kids? And why does Ted say he met their mother the day of Robin's wedding?

by Anonymousreply 3012/30/2012

Oh, lord, they all talk through their post nasally drip noses like they have snot all clogged up in there, for one thing. And it's just not funny nor ever has been, save the talents of NPH. I haven't watched a single episode since season one and I am quite sure I have missed nothing. Horrid, banal show that appeals to America's plebian tastes, at least those of the douchy breeder guys with skid marked undewear.

by Anonymousreply 3112/30/2012

LOL, R31. You're VICIOUS!

by Anonymousreply 3212/30/2012

r29

Ranked in the 40s for the year end. And it was a lot lower than that in some years.

by Anonymousreply 3312/30/2012
Need more help? Click Here.