Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jake Tapper to CNN as major Washington Correspondent and Anchor

Hopefully he's taking over at 9:00 for Piers.

by Anonymousreply 5103/31/2013

As I told you guys, Jeff Zucker is starting to poach talent from the three networks.

by Anonymousreply 112/20/2012

What a bummer. I like all of the ABC crew, but he knows his stuff...just like our very own George S.

by Anonymousreply 212/20/2012

He'll take over the 4:00 hour. What a waste. But is that Brook or the Wolf?

by Anonymousreply 312/20/2012

I hate Jake Tapper. He's too abrasive and aggressive towards the President, he's another smug asshole like Todd and Ed Henry.

by Anonymousreply 412/20/2012

Jake Tapper's a cunt. He despises Obama but he fits CNN's right leaning profile these days. He's worse than Ed Henry, who did go to work for Fox.

by Anonymousreply 512/20/2012

I think it's Wolf. Maybe they're taking an hour away from him.

by Anonymousreply 612/20/2012

Is Jeff Zucker a right-winger? He is the one who poached him from ABC

Look for the poaching to continue in the new year.

by Anonymousreply 712/20/2012

Then Wolf has an age discrimination lawsuit if he is bumped off the air.

by Anonymousreply 812/20/2012

Yes, Jake is exactly the type of Obama-hater CNN likes to feature prominently on their network. They're still on the bashing Obama kick even though he was elected big and with a mandate - to CNN, he's still the problem NOT the Republicans, so Jake will fit right in.

by Anonymousreply 912/20/2012

Shouldn't someone have tried to work in a "Tapper Tapped by CNN" headline?

by Anonymousreply 1012/20/2012

Jake Tapper is way to confrontational to the point of being unprofessional.

The President handled Jake his arse on the Dec 19th...it was magnificent!

by Anonymousreply 1112/20/2012

I loved that moment R11. Someone on Twitter said that Tapper's show should be called "Where Have I Been?" after his rude question to Obama.

by Anonymousreply 1212/20/2012

This is perfect! If he is as bad a you guys are saying he is this will further decrease CNN's ratings!

by Anonymousreply 1312/20/2012

I always thought Ed Henry was roly poly cute but after he went to Fox, I didn't think so no more.

What's not gay but so Catholic Bill Hummer up to these days?

by Anonymousreply 1412/20/2012

Jake does not have a warm, moist, inviting anus...

by Anonymousreply 1512/20/2012

You could tell Obama was irritated at the question and I thought he answered it well, but I also thought Tapper had a right to ask it. Where the hell HAS he been on gun control for the past four years?

by Anonymousreply 1612/20/2012

R16, when the Executive Branch becomes the law making branch of government, then you can ask that question.

I don't think that this President has been perfect, far from it. But the House is determined to be obstructionist. He can't sign a law that won't get out of the House.

by Anonymousreply 1712/20/2012

OP, news reports say he is taking over the 4:00 pm slot on CNN.

by Anonymousreply 1812/20/2012

R3, Brooke - but she does two hours presently.

by Anonymousreply 1912/20/2012

Piers Morgan just got to start and host an open forum debate. He ain't going nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 2012/20/2012

What a bummer for those of us who watch him on ABC. He has a great no nonsense approach to his job. He does very well when he fills in for George Steph. on "This Week." He will be missed.

by Anonymousreply 2112/20/2012

Jake's been looking to leave ABC for a while now - ever since he didn't get the permanent appointment as host of This Week after Christiane Amanpour didn't work out. He was a very capable sub host, but he and Diane Sawyer didn't see eye to eye and the bosses always defer to the lady.

We heard all this months ago, so hearing he's leaving isn't really news even to us on local news.

So now he's off to CNN. I wonder who the network will send to the White House in his place?

by Anonymousreply 2212/21/2012

Awesome - I no longer watch CNN and I can't stand him.

by Anonymousreply 2412/21/2012

needs to dump Morgan,Cooper and queen Lemon

by Anonymousreply 2512/21/2012

r17, I'd accept that if he had been lobbying for gun control and had been met with resistance. Truth is, he hasn't said a word about it until now.

by Anonymousreply 2612/21/2012

R22, Jonathan Karl is taking Jake Tapper's place at ABC as White House Correspondent.

by Anonymousreply 2812/21/2012

Jake Tapper is the putrid nozzle on a $2 whore's douchebag.

I just love it when President Obama puts them in their places, especially after they think they've scored "gotchas."

by Anonymousreply 3012/21/2012

R23, they are not "tough", they are disrespectful and arrogant and seeing the President slap them down and put them in their place is always a sweet treat.

by Anonymousreply 3112/21/2012

Idiot freepers stinking up this thread.

by Anonymousreply 3212/21/2012

Jake is a good reporter but comes across a bit smarmy.

His hair always bothers me. Does he wear a rug?

by Anonymousreply 3312/21/2012

Last night on ABC News Diane welcomed Jonathan Karl as the new White House correspondent (he is taking over for Jake).

She no mention of Jake leaving.

by Anonymousreply 3412/21/2012

Jake Tapper had a torrid affair with Monica Lewinski.

by Anonymousreply 3512/21/2012

R35, really Tapper had an affair w/Lewinski?

by Anonymousreply 3612/21/2012

Jake even wrote about his fling with Monica

by Anonymousreply 3712/21/2012

You just know the jackass @R27 shrieks about Obama and "free phones." Because why would a freeper want to educate itself and/or tell the truth?

Anyway, Kimmel -in preparing for the WHCD- said that he went through some jokes with Tapper- which is why there were very few at the expense of the Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 3812/21/2012

Did dating Monica Lewinsky include touring Washington's gloryholes together? Or Monica giving Jake a rimjob because he was a nice guy?

Tapper should have called Obama on the carpet about the guns. Obama has failed progressives and the country be remaining silent on this issue. Was he afraid that flyover country wouldn't vote for him? Even still Obama does need to be called on the carpet when he's selling out progressive/liberal issues.

Jeff Zucker will destroy CNN even further. He will supersize the news and every show will be an entertainment show.

Someone called Lemon ,Queen Lemon...WTF is Cooper, Empress Cooper then? Lemon does mostly weekends. He's a handsome and well endowed man I hope they keep him. They should stop repeating Cooper's show at 10:00 pm. There's a total lack of breaking news on a repeat especially with Anderson repeating his "keeping them honest" crap.

by Anonymousreply 3912/21/2012

Crazy anti-AC troll shows up as usual @ R39.

by Anonymousreply 4012/21/2012

R40 Cooper is OK BUT not twice in one night.Put someone else in that time slot.

Tapper didn't have a torrid affair, they went out to eat someplace together. It was relatively innocuous. He probably got a peck on the cheek and that was that.No Lewinskys for Jakie Poo that night.......

by Anonymousreply 4112/21/2012

As long as AC stays, I don't care if they cut him down to one hour R41, he's not the problem at CNN, the problem with CNN is the slant to the right that they've taken the past few years and it's affected all of their programming/anchors/reporters. That needs to end.

by Anonymousreply 4212/21/2012

The second hour of Anderson Cooper's 360 is often completely new material and different news storiea.

Sometimes the 2nd hour is a repeat of the first hour for those who missed the first hour.

But often the 2nd hour is completely new and different.

I enjoy both hours and find them very informative and excellent.

by Anonymousreply 4312/21/2012

Jake's great. He's not an "Obama hater" - he's a rare objective journalist that digs deeper with everyone.

by Anonymousreply 4412/21/2012

His account of his date with Lewinsky was nearly unreadable. I stopped when the three girls walked in.

by Anonymousreply 4512/21/2012

He's NOT objective, he, like Ed Henry and Chuck Todd think they know more than the President and are arrogant enough to think they can say anything to him. But he always smacks them down good.

by Anonymousreply 4612/21/2012

I want Jake in me deeply.

by Anonymousreply 4712/28/2012

R47 = Monica Lewinsky, who now can't get laid at all.

by Anonymousreply 4812/28/2012

I want Obama's high hard one in me deeply.

by Anonymousreply 4912/28/2012

R43 the only time I see a different 10:00 show is when there's some tragedy he's reporting on, such as Sandy or the CT shootings. Otherwise it's usually a repeat of the 8:00 show. The first 5 minutes may be different but that's all. I don't see why they need two shows during prime time. People have dvrs. They can record it if they're going to miss it. Put Anderson into the 9:00 slot I say. Find two different (interesting) people for the 8:00 and 10:00 slots. Get rid of Piers and Erin.

by Anonymousreply 5012/29/2012

ABC News has replaced Jake and his lisp with Jeff Zeleny and his stammer.

So if Barbara Walters really retires next year, maybe they can find someone with Tourette Syndrome to fill her shoes.

by Anonymousreply 5103/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.