Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ricki Lake Isn't Cancelled Yet?

What gives?

by Anonymousreply 3303/05/2013

It's sad, she had a whole preexisting base rooting for her and she utterly wasted a sure thing.

by Anonymousreply 112/20/2012

I gave up after the first week.

by Anonymousreply 212/20/2012

I can't believe there are people whose lives are so empty they watch daytime talk shows.

by Anonymousreply 312/20/2012

The only time I watch them is when I'm trapped in a doctors office waiting room. That association alone makes them repellent to me.

by Anonymousreply 512/20/2012

She's pretty good. Don't hate!

by Anonymousreply 712/20/2012

Actually, Daytime Emmy award winner and critically aclaimed talkshow host Ricki Lake had an offer extended to her to renew her wildly popular talkshow in 2004 but declined, citing other projects she was interested in. The show ran a total of 11 years. There were no ratings flops or cancellations.

K Hunty? thx

by Anonymousreply 812/20/2012

"I can't believe there are people whose lives are so empty they watch daytime talk shows."

I can't believe there are people worried about what others choose to watch.

by Anonymousreply 912/20/2012

Is Ricki thin or chubby these days?

by Anonymousreply 1012/20/2012

Is she back on the air? I had no idea!!

by Anonymousreply 1112/20/2012

[quote]I can't believe there are people whose lives are so empty they watch daytime talk shows.

Coming from someone who watches "The A List," and "RuPaul's Drag Race," that's ironic coming from you.

by Anonymousreply 1212/20/2012

She needs to go back the iconic trash talk that got her famous. No one wants this sit-down Oprah crap. The ratings for this current show are non-existent. When they catch wind that they're done for, they'll go back to the old format, but it'll be too late. There's enough shows like Ricki's current shows today. BORING!

Ricki did a mock opening the first day of this current show, with all the trannies, and trailer trash making appearances in the dressing rooms. She then announced that she didn't want to do 'that show' anymore. Fuck you, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 1312/20/2012

I like Ricki but her show is boring.

by Anonymousreply 1412/20/2012

I love Ricki too. However this show is just a fucking snooze fest. I don't know what she could do with it because I find any talk show formatted like this to be a snooze. I think I, and most previous fans, have simply grown out of it. You've seen one show on sex secrets you've seen them all.

That being said I really do like her a lot. Mrs. Winterbourne is one of my biggest guilty pleasures. I wish she could find a juicy TV show to be in. Something where she breaks out and plays a non sympathetic character.

by Anonymousreply 1512/20/2012

I think the show might survive. It looked pathetic at first, but then I started noticing it wasn't that bad. Nothing to write home about, but on good days, it is interesting enough, and much less annoying than other daytime fare like The View, The Chew, The Talk, ect.

by Anonymousreply 1612/20/2012

Clip from a couple months ago.

by Anonymousreply 1712/20/2012

She looks great in that clip. The only talk show I would watch, too bad it's been canceled, is the Bonnie Hunt Show. That was a great talk show.

by Anonymousreply 1812/20/2012

From the clip, the show reminds me of Rachael Ray's.

by Anonymousreply 1912/20/2012

Is anyone's talk show doing well? Anderson? Flop. Katie? Flop. Rosie? Flop. Nate Berkus? Flop. Maybe talk shows are just over in general.

by Anonymousreply 2012/20/2012

Go Ricki. Go Ricki.

by Anonymousreply 2112/20/2012

Ellen and The Steve Harvey Show are doing great in the ratings. So is Dr. phil (he's number 1) with Dr. Oz a close second.

by Anonymousreply 2212/22/2012

Dr. Phil's show isn't nearly as bad as most people here think it is. If he's a Republican, as is often claimed, he's a very moderate one. Gays hardly ever come on his show, but the rare times they do, he seems reasonably pro-gay. But he does ignore the subject in general, that's true. Maybe he is an asshole, but the show is usually fairly interesting. He's not above tabloid topics, even though he pretends his show isn't junk food entertainment. Sally Jesse never admitted she did a tabloid show either.

Ellen does a great feel-good show and should be #1. Sure it's fluff, but there's a place for that, and nobody on daytime has a better celeb interview show. Ricki's show isn't bad and I hope it survives, so much less irritating than Rachel Ray, ect.

I've never seen the Steve Harvey show and I never intend to. Dr. Oz is dead to any self-respecting gay person after the "reparative therapy" show.

by Anonymousreply 2312/22/2012

I don't know what Dr. Phil's politics are, but he's insufferable and irresponsible.

by Anonymousreply 2412/22/2012

Gays should feel proud and happy that they aren't a fixture on Dr. Phil's show, like we should feel glad that we're not going to be even semi-regulars on the Maury Povitch show: If you're there, it's because the wheels have come off your life.

But I do not have a problem with Dr. Phil, as such.

by Anonymousreply 2512/22/2012

Yep, it's been cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 2602/04/2013

She's a genuinely kind and down-to-earth person who deserves all the success in the world.

by Anonymousreply 2702/04/2013

It looks like Kris Jenner is taking her place.

by Anonymousreply 2802/04/2013

She is (was?) a decent actress. Why can't she land a role on a basic cable sitcom?

by Anonymousreply 2902/04/2013

You got your wish OP

Just got cancelled today

by Anonymousreply 3002/05/2013

Where were all the GO RICK! people when she needed them? I love RL. Hope she does more acting work.

by Anonymousreply 3102/05/2013

Cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 3203/05/2013

R32 Umm, you're like a month late.

by Anonymousreply 3303/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.