Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Gay Millennials VS Gay Generation X

One group (Gay Generation X) has fought and continues to fight for equality. We are here and we are queer! And embrace being part of the gay community whole-heatedly. Remembering the struggle for rights.

The other group (Gay Millennials) don't believe in labels. They seem to take gay rights for granted and don't like to be defined as being gay. They are a man, like all other men. The only difference is they fuck other men. Other than that they don't identify with the gay community.

So which group do you belong too?

by Anonymousreply 14306/09/2015

Eldergay here. It was my generation that were fighting (and dying) for rights before the Gen X was born.

We are the ones who lost jobs, homes, families, and our lives for being gay in the Sixties, Seventies, and Eighties. We stood on the shoulders of those brave queens at the Stonewall Inn and joined our brothers and sisters as they demonstrated with ACT UP.

by Anonymousreply 112/18/2012

OP, you watch way too much television, and it's clear you don't actually *know* any gay "millennials." I do, and not ONE of them refuses to "use labels" in this context.

Btw Generation X is too young for much of the *real* gay-rights progress made in the '80s in particular, when ACT-UP was leading the charge particularly on issues such as widespread dissemination of AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 212/18/2012

Gay Generation X are in their mid 30s to early 40s

They certainly did fight for gays in the military, AIDS awareness, gay adoption and marriage equality.

These were all hot button issues in the 90s and 2000s.

We now have the removal of DADT, more same sex couples can adopt, we are getting closer to marriage equality and have made more aware of AIDS/HIV

So gay generation x has made strides.

Just ask Luke Sissyfag, he is a gen xers who made a world of difference.

by Anonymousreply 412/18/2012

Generally Millennials have had an easy passage through life so they are not natural warriors. Gen X on the other hand got the short end of the demographic stick, so they had to fight for everything.

by Anonymousreply 512/18/2012

R4, I don't think anyone's denying that, but OP's post makes it sound like gay activism STARTED with Gen X, which it did not. It also makes it sound like Millennials haven't done anything about gay rights in recent years because they "can't identify with gays," which is also bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 612/18/2012

The "no labels" attitude of millenials BOTH gay and straight cause them to VOTE for gay marriage bills and politicians who support the cause. The overwhelming support for gay rights for that generation has permitted shifts in policy.

Google, microsoft, Amazon etc push for gay rights now not just for the talent they seek that happen to be gay but for talent they seek that are straight & gay friendly and not ambivalent to the issue like straight older generations.

That generation throughout the kinsey scale is more solidly united on gay issues than any before and their influence should not be demeaned anymore than those who came before them and fought for the cause in their own way.

by Anonymousreply 712/18/2012

Bullshit. Millenials are not helping the movement by heading up organizations and social action groups. That was accomplished by the generations before them. Instead, they are taking a cue from Generation X before them, and living their lives openly and without shame. They are more willing to be open and honest with people they've just met about there sexuality because many of them never lived in a time where being gay was an issue. And they are also more likely to socialize in mixed circles. Because of this, they are bringing the gay movement to the next step beyond gay rights, which is making everyday straight people aware that gay people are just like them and people they care about. They're bringing many more straight allies to the fold. Straight allies who were integral to the gay rights victories we won on the ballot this past November.

It may not look like the victories of gay activists before them, but they are victories nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 812/18/2012

Where are you getting your information from, OP? It's kind of hard to answer the poll when the whole premise is false.

by Anonymousreply 1012/18/2012

How about a Same-Gender Loving Generation X dude who is dating a chick now.

by Anonymousreply 1112/18/2012

R2 wins

by Anonymousreply 1212/18/2012

anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 1312/19/2012

As a gay millenial the idea that most of us don't believe in labels is absurd. As all polls show we are actually out in record numbers much higher than other generations. As R8 said we are the group that has normalized being gay to a generation and the reason that something like 73% of our generation supports things like same sex marriage.

by Anonymousreply 1412/19/2012

A young dude here who dates chicks and dudes, but not at same time. I am upfront about liking both, but don't ever call me "gay." That word is not my word. A lot of guys are like me about that word. If you want to use it for yourself, go right ahead. Just don't impose it on people who reject the label.

by Anonymousreply 1612/19/2012

I chose Gen X only because I prefer to cross my arms in front of my chest like a superhero as opposed to throwing my hands over my head like the motorcycle cop in The Village People.

by Anonymousreply 1712/19/2012

I am really torn by this survey. I am a Gen X'er but I completely undersand the Millennials point of view. Why do we need seperate bars and rights for gays/lesbians (equal yes)? Why can't we remove those segregations and be men and women?

And R1, while those queens at Stonewall are to be remembered as brave and crucial to the gay community, let us not forget Barbara Gittings who paved the way as a lesbian pioneer 3 years prior to the Stonewall riots.

by Anonymousreply 1812/19/2012

A lot of you seem a bit confused about dates and when each generation "took the reins" so to speak. The boomers were definitely still driving the agenda during the 80s. Gen x'ers were still most underaged and not quite active in those days. I associate boomers with most of the early fight for gay rights, not gen x'ers. I wasn't even born yet when Stonewall happened.

I'm at the older edge of Gen x and the 80s were still my teenaged/early college years. Some of my peers were active in Act Up or Queer Nation (which was not founded until 1990) but I didn't meet them until after the fact. I didn't start to come out until 1989 when I was 20. I consider the 90s my "coming out/of age" decade and I think most gen x'ers do as well.

[quote]The other group (Gay Millennials) don't believe in labels.

This is a ridiculous generalization. Do you know any 20-something gays, or are you basing this assumption on something you read on DL? I've been hearing idiots claim they "don't believe in labels" for years, it's nothing new.

by Anonymousreply 1912/19/2012

It's funny... Even at Stonewall, this exact argument was going on. I believe they summarized it in the recent book, which informed the documentary.

Rest assured: In ancient Babylonia, an old queen sat cruising by the gates, saying "The younger gays just don't understand how hard we had it." While a young queen swished by, saying, "We're so much FREER in our identity than the previous generation."

by Anonymousreply 2012/19/2012

Things have gotten a lot better in a short period of time, which is great, but its not as if there isn't still a ton of predjudice/judgement/shame/fear/discrimination out there, so the premise that the youngest generation today are living in a time when its not an issue and don't still have to contend with that and that everyone is all accepting is false.

by Anonymousreply 2112/19/2012

I agree with R21. Things are so much better but there is plenty of ignorance to contend with. The closet it alive and well for many - and for good reason: too many wingnuts out there ready to send a fag to hell with one shot!

by Anonymousreply 2212/19/2012

Isn't the Millennials' experience what previous generations were fighting for? There is a small group that thought gay rights was a radical struggle for a separate identity and a separate freedom. Most of us were fighting to end the stigma attached to same sex relationships and to stop being identified by whom we sleep with and to be treated the same as everyone else. The attitude of today's young gays represents victory. Equality for us and more freedom for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 2312/19/2012

R15 Lesbians do that shit al the time, partly because being a lez/bi girl is MUCH more accepted than being a gay/bi guy. I also think it's funny how homophobic straight men bitch and complain about how gay men shove their lifestyle choice down their throats, when it's the LESBIANS who are always showing PDA everywhere. Seriously ask any straight guy how many times they've actually seen to guys making out in person vs. How many times they've seen 2 women. Yeah that's what I thought.

by Anonymousreply 2412/19/2012

What about those of us in the middle?

by Anonymousreply 2512/19/2012

[quote]Also, I don't identify with gay culture in the slightest. I'm also the first DLer in history that doesn't have his head up Judy and Liza's asses......**cue hissing eldergay outrage.**

What a riveting marvel of originality you are! This website has never seen the likes of you in all its born days.

by Anonymousreply 2712/19/2012

[quote] doesn't have his head up Judy and Liza's asses

R26, I can say the same thing and I am 53. You can add Patti Lapone and Madonna to the list as well.

by Anonymousreply 2812/19/2012

Not to worry, R16, I would never call you gay.

Cocksucker, yes, but not gay.

by Anonymousreply 2912/19/2012

[quote]A young dude here who dates chicks and dudes, but not at same time. I am upfront about liking both, but don't ever call me "gay."

No one would call you gay because you are bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 3012/19/2012

R16 made me a bit nauseous. Please stop using the word "dude" forever. "I'm a dude who dates chicks and dudes." Vomit.

But, that aside, this whole "I don't want to be defined by who I have sex with" thing was around when *I* was a kid (and I'm 40 now). Younger gays always think that who they fuck is only a small portion of all they have to offer the world.

When they get older, they might realize how important relationships are and how the fact that you're dating (or married to) a person of the same gender really is a huge thing.

I'm sure the Gen Y kidz are nice in their way, but please don't tell me that they are at all original. They aren't. Americans are just forgetful.

by Anonymousreply 3212/19/2012

r32, the word "dude" is ubiquitous/everywhere today. Young women even call other females dude now. People use it just to fill space in conversation. It is part of the modern vocabulary.

by Anonymousreply 3312/19/2012

Baby boomers fought the hardest for gay rights because we're the strongest, most talented, smartest, and best looking generation.

by Anonymousreply 3412/19/2012

I'm Gen X, and I'd have more respect for Millenialls if more than half of them weren't living off of their parents. They're all over NYC with their parents' credit cards, and living in Manhattan and Brooklyn apartments paid for 100% by Mommy and Daddy, acting like entitled shits.

by Anonymousreply 3512/19/2012

Boomers brought Liberation to the table and just as Jones were about to partake, AIDS took it all away.

Gen X stepped into the breech left by the deaths of so many beautiful gutsy men, and turned the movement into the puerile mess it is today.

by Anonymousreply 3612/19/2012

"Dude" is a tiresome word meant to express a easy casualness that I find trite and lazy. It's also been around forEVER and to assert that you are some kind of young, on the cutting edge, finger on the pulse, avant garde type and yet use terminology that would feel at home in an early 60s surf movie undercuts your argument a bit. Don't you think?

by Anonymousreply 3712/20/2012

[quote]There were two dykes on the train today, necking madly and being REALLY loud and obnoxious. I felt sorry for their little boy who spent the entire time staring out the window - I don't think simply to take in the view. Zero class. Freedom has its drawbacks.

Assholism knows no color, creed, sexual orientation blah blah blah. Gay people are just as flawed as the straighties and should be able to be exactly who they are as everyone else.

[quote]the word "dude" is ubiquitous/everywhere today.

I love how you had to define 'ubiquitous'. Cute. But seriously, thank you for the support. I resisted 'dude' for the longest time, but finally surrendered since all my female friends use it.

by Anonymousreply 3812/20/2012

r16 it's obnoxious, immature slang and you know it. Quit being a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3912/20/2012

I'm 22, and I don't know anyone *openly* gay in and around my age who doesn't care about gay rights or actively not associate with the community. In fact, from what I've both seen and read on the PC, that seems like something gay men around 35-50 do. I live in Richmond VA and most of the people who are really pushing equality in this city, at least, are VCU kids, and college kids in general, whereas older gays tend to just want to live and not be on the front lines. Just my 2 cents.

Overall, though, I am so thankful for everything the older generations have done and continue to do and I try to know my history in terms of the brave LGBT persons who were out in the 70s and 80s when things were so much worse than today. Without them, I wouldn't be living the life I do.

by Anonymousreply 4012/20/2012

The Millennials world evolves around their smart phones. So far, they haven't used this technology to do anything of significance for the community or the planet as a whole. They do however, gossip a lot about entertainment and sex. Maybe they will eventually start being more helpful soon.

by Anonymousreply 4112/20/2012

I liked your post R40.

by Anonymousreply 4312/20/2012

R42 how old are you if you identify as a Gay Generation Xer ?

by Anonymousreply 4412/20/2012

I am a millennial and I absolutely identify as GAY.

Nice try, fucker.

by Anonymousreply 4512/20/2012

Wow. One website says so , so it must be true.

by Anonymousreply 4712/20/2012

R47 not one website, a group of Gay Millennials in an article.

by Anonymousreply 4812/20/2012

Okay, ONE article, and how big is this group? Be a good little submissive bottome and count then for me

by Anonymousreply 4912/20/2012

Not every GX gay was political. Not all GM's are non political. Young gay men are no more all about gay phone apps than older gay men were all about Fire Island. Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 5012/20/2012

OP, I could give a fuck about your little website article, man. What I do know is that iD as gay and so do many, many other men and women like me in that age group. What I've gotten sick of since I was in college is idiots like you on this forum telling everyone ELSE all about what my age group is like and how they "don't like labels". I've been reading your self loathing, presumptive posts about what I am supposedly thinking or what I am supposedly like for ten years.

Get a clue: You don't know shit.

by Anonymousreply 5112/20/2012

R45 did you even read the article at R46 ?

Read it and then come back and comment. Included in that article are tons of other Gay Millennials who have the opposite view and whole-heatedly agree with the article.

by Anonymousreply 5212/20/2012

You're cribbing from a website, old man. I'm actually that generation. Thanks for playing.

by Anonymousreply 5312/20/2012

Anytime R45

by Anonymousreply 5412/20/2012

Not that it matters, but I wasn't trying to imply that R33 was actually talking to me. I was just sticking up for all of us who use the word 'dude.' We're not necessarily stupid.

by Anonymousreply 5512/20/2012

r56, to some degree you are correct, but you seem to speak too generally without taking into consideration the major differences across race, class, education, religion, region/location, and other attributes (jock, gender normative, geek, nerd, hipster) that affect how one who is bisexual or gay identify and live.

by Anonymousreply 5712/20/2012

You're a little bitch r42. You don't deserve for anyone to even give you the time of fucking day.

by Anonymousreply 5812/20/2012

[quote]Shortly after they began exchanging kisses on the dance floor, Cameron approached them and took them to a staff room where they were told, ‘You guys have to stop kissing or you’ll have to leave the bar,’ one of the couple told The Guardian.

[quote]“He said if it were a guy and a girl kissing he would do the same thing, but there were other people kissing and no one was spoken to like that.”

But we don't believe in labels!!!!!

LOL

by Anonymousreply 6012/24/2012

If you have sex with another guy even once, sooner or later you turn into a figure skater R59, just like that.

by Anonymousreply 6112/24/2012

I'm a gay millennial well versed on my gay history. I have a soft spot for older gays because I'm so well aware of the shit they had to go through. I also know that my generation is doing a lot for the younger ones as well. What I do hate is when the older gays seem so jealous and bitter about the fact that my generation sees marriage as a viable option, are finding ways to interact with each other outside of sex, and don't feel the need to completely define ourselves by our sexual orientation every moment of our lives.

Think about it like this: I'm black. If I had to filter every single move I made or thing I do through the lens of "black" and whatever that means to other people who may feel a certain way about it, I'd go fucking nuts. I mean completely insane. It's the same way I feel about "gay." It is something that is. I'm not in any closets. I'm completely out, I care about gay rights and gay history as much as I care about my rights and history as a black American, but I cannot and will not let either completely define me as a person.

I am not going to allow myself to live in a world in which the only people allowed to be individuals are straight white men.

by Anonymousreply 6212/24/2012

R16/R59 is 100 years old.

by Anonymousreply 6312/25/2012

Gen X births started in 1964, in other words, some of them are already elderly.

by Anonymousreply 6412/25/2012

Right on R62 !

by Anonymousreply 6512/25/2012

58 yo Eldergay here. I consider myself a survivor. I have 2 friends from my youth who also survived. Stonewall happened because we were pissed off once too often. Then 20 years later, ACT-UP got stuff done because once again we were pissed off.

And if the Supremes decide to uphold DOMA, we will be really pissed off! There will be hell to pay.

But who would have thought, at the turn of this century, that marriage equality would be on the table in 2012?

by Anonymousreply 6712/26/2012

56 yo eldergay here, and there was a huge division in the community when gay was first used. There was a group of much older men in 1969 who thought that gay rights and mingling with Lesbians was not a tasteful thing to do. They were, and remained, hard core HOMOSEXUALS. Most of them died in the closet.

But you see, Blanche, they'd be 100+ years old today. Mortality has its virtues.

by Anonymousreply 6812/26/2012

It's really true that gay men and lesbians didn't mix back in the olden days. That's so weird to me.

by Anonymousreply 6912/26/2012

[quote]The other group (Gay Millennials) don't believe in labels.

My god, you are old, and no, it's not Gay Generation X fighting for equality.

by Anonymousreply 7012/26/2012

[quote]What I do hate is when the older gays seem so jealous and bitter about the fact that my generation sees marriage as a viable option, are finding ways to interact with each other outside of sex, and don't feel the need to completely define ourselves by our sexual orientation every moment of our lives.

Exactly! OP's generation is fine sitting at the back of the bus. They also don't want to align themselves with the breeders, and they want to live in the 1980s when they had sex in alleyways. It was "dangerous" and "forbidden." They're pathetic. They hate gay neighborhoods at are now built up, and family oriented. Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 7112/26/2012

[quote]or as the gaylings like to say... the justin beibers vs. the jared letos.

We don't say that. God, who the hell are you talking to? You probably read shit from a couple of idiots on the web, and get your info that way.

by Anonymousreply 7212/26/2012

Gay Millennials got Obama into the White House. They're better at organizing, and grew up hearing that they deserved the same rights as everyone else. Look at Lady Gaga and co. The younger generation cares more about gay rights than the oldsters. Gay Millennials know how to use the web/social media. That's why they get shit done, and don't pull shit like Act Up!. They get inside headquarters, and make changes themselves. They present themselves as mainstream, and get what they want. They're smarter, and more resourceful than old asses like OP.

by Anonymousreply 7312/26/2012

"The great thing about being gay is that you didn't have to join the army."

by Anonymousreply 7412/26/2012

How about non-gay men who are into dudes? They more numerous than the gay-identified ones.

by Anonymousreply 7512/26/2012

The guys featured in the article posted by r46 were loathsome.

"My buddies and I joke that we’re not gay, we just fuck dudes. I always enjoy people’s accusation that ‘You can’t be gay’ because of my appearance, my tastes (in music, wardrobe, etc.) and my personality. [There’s this] idea that all gay guys like pop music and bad denim from Guess, and talk like a lame, effeminate caricature of homosexuality.”"

by Anonymousreply 7612/26/2012

I think OP's premise is a bit off. I remember the "We're here, we're queer, get used to it" when I came out as a teen in 1990. I remember Q magazine and wearing my 'Queer' tshirt and getting told a few years later that I shouldn't use 'queer' to describe myself since that wasn't a valid label. Apparently, only the approved labels were deemed correct a few years after the 'We're queer' time.

I thought the younguns right after me were a bit more uptight and demanding regarding sticking with only LGB as a label. Some in the generation after (the milennials)seem to be only concerned with their new gadgets, reality tv and b.s. fabulousness. I'm sure the eldergays thought the same of us obnoxious gen xers.

by Anonymousreply 7712/26/2012

[quote]And if the Supremes decide to uphold DOMA, we will be really pissed off! There will be hell to pay

Where were you when it was originally passed?

Oh, I remember -- telling the rest of us that Clinton is far better than the alternative, and that he was playing 16 Dimensional Chess

by Anonymousreply 7812/27/2012

[quote]How about non-gay men who are into dudes? They more numerous than the gay-identified ones.

Do you have any evidence to back up your claim that bisexual men outnumber gay men?

by Anonymousreply 7912/27/2012

Clinton hugged the Gay Movement to death, which is why he got away with DOMA.

by Anonymousreply 8012/27/2012

So many troll posts...

by Anonymousreply 8212/27/2012

R83, do you really think it's about the word? I'm sure you'd eagerly embrace whatever word conveys the proper masculinity.

Lame and unmanly sounds more appropriate for someone who can't accept a term that has been around for decades. It's not the word, it's the shame.

by Anonymousreply 8412/28/2012

[quote] I hate the word gay. It seems so lame and unmanly. No wonder guys will Do anything to avoid that label.

Yeah. They'll do anything except avoid a certain gay website.

[quote] Lame and unmanly sounds more appropriate for someone who can't accept a term that has been around for decades. It's not the word, it's the shame.

bingo

by Anonymousreply 8512/28/2012

R62, good to read your post. I am mid 40s but see it as you do.

In general, this whole topic... it makes little sense to typecast entire generations. So much of who we are comes from not just age but from gender, race, country of origin (or, if USA, how many generations), family dynamics, etc.

I have seen entire threads based on bashing "the Boomers" as what's wrong with the entirety of Western civilization. What idiocy.

by Anonymousreply 8612/28/2012

It has more to do with upbringing,formative education and socialisation than age, I reckon.

As a Gen Y/Millenial, I feel like my domestic education promoted tolerance a little more than that of GenX. I was taught, in kindergarten, to respect those with different appearances, proclivities or behaviours to mine, period. Media from about 2000 onward supported these teachings, with big 'comings-out' on magazine covers and openly and happily gay characters on tv and in books.

We aren't all as free as we seem, though. Sure, Gen Y seem comfortable and accepted in terms of identity...but go deeper than that, and it gets messier. I'm fundamentally optimistic, I try to stay that way to repeal universal nastiness, but I think its healing to realise that our socialisation was splintered, lonely and not all fun and games, since the majority of us went through adolescence during the 1st wave of post-Y2K atomisation and fear. Gen Y have way more in common with Gen X than Gen X seem to admit. I personally consider anyone born and brought up after about the mid 70's to be coming from a similar place, culturally.

We're all trying to trust each other, a step beyond just connection, in the face of overwhelming Boomer cynicism and exhaustion. I hope we'll be ok, and that we'll pull together.

by Anonymousreply 8711/30/2014

A lot of same-sex Generation Xers don't identify as gay either. The labels thing is also big with Xers.

by Anonymousreply 8811/30/2014

R1 is correct, the Baby Boomers did most of the fighting. They were the most militant and suffered the most losses (a lot of talented Baby Boomers died during the 80's and 90's). Generation X is more pragmatic and less idealistic, while the Milenials are tamer than previous generations, but also take a lot for granted.

by Anonymousreply 8911/30/2014

Gay Millennial here. I will say in my experience, a lot of Gen X gays are assholes and that baby boomers have been a lot nicer to me. Unfortunately a lot of Gen X gays CANNOT deal with the fact that they're not young anymore but keep trying to dress, talk and behave like Millennials. It's ridiculous. I don't want to see guys who are around 40 dressing in the latest, young-geared clothes, using our slang etc.

I hope when I'm around 40 I'm not that immature. On dating sites I've met so many immature "forever young" Gen X gays it's sad.

Baby Boomers...some of them have been creepy and hit on me but others have been very nice and realistic. An in-shape baby boomer can be hot if his skin and teeth are decent too.

by Anonymousreply 9011/30/2014

Maybe the baby boomers are so nice to you because boomers and millennials are exactly alike. Take, take, take, mine, mine mine. But don't worry millennial, you'll never be as bad as the awful baby boomers who have robbed and raped this country and who are frauds. Thank God I'm a Gen Xers. Mommy and daddy didn't hold our hands and no one gave us anything. We worked.

by Anonymousreply 9111/30/2014

Millennials have the worst taste in clothing in several generations. Several generations. They took the worst fads of forty years and combined them into one gawky, desexualized, prissy, unindividuated mess. Anyone older than they are attempting to look like them is lost indeed, R90.

by Anonymousreply 9211/30/2014

gay for a day

by Anonymousreply 9311/30/2014

The Baby Boomers gave us Reagan.

Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 9411/30/2014

One generation continues to have hang ups about gay people and about half continues to vote anti-gay measures.

The other generation grew up with gay kids coming out in Jr high, have gay friends and relatives and have few to no qualms about GLBT people.

by Anonymousreply 9511/30/2014

Bullshit that the other generation has "few to no qualms" about "B" people, R95, unless it's drunk chixxx. That's the final frontier, still

by Anonymousreply 9611/30/2014

Gay Millennials are obsessed with sleeping with chicks, they seem desperate to prove they can have sex with women and enjoy it.

by Anonymousreply 9711/30/2014

Gen X has a lot of closet cases because we came of age sexually in the middle of the AIDS epidemic when AIDS meant quick and painful death. So if you could pass for straight, you often did.

Those same types of guys in Gen Y (Millennials) are now out at an early age and don't want to be part of gay culture.

Doesn't mean they don't support gay rights, just that it's not the core of their identity.

You see that in immigrant groups too: each new generation is less likely to make their ethnicity the core of their identity.

by Anonymousreply 9811/30/2014

I am surprised by all these posters. I currently see no real progress in regards to equal opportunities. I live in the UK and you still get bullied and harassed at work for being gay, in most of the country unless you live in London, or Manchester, Brighton and very few more towns. And even there, you have to be careful. Countries like Spain, Portugal,etc.. are pretty cool in that respect but they always have been. As to the rest I don't see attitudes changing, there is no visibility whatsoever, it is rare when you see man on man or lesbian PDA in the streets of London. Even in Soho, gays are hidden or tucked away in their little ghettos.

by Anonymousreply 9911/30/2014

[quote]I live in the UK and you still get bullied and harassed at work for being gay

How do they tell the gay ones from everyone else?

by Anonymousreply 10011/30/2014

question is, who do baby boomers side with?

by Anonymousreply 10112/04/2014

It's millennial FEMALES who don't believe in labels. Young guys still usually identify as gay or straight.

by Anonymousreply 10212/04/2014

Boomers are past it, r101.

by Anonymousreply 10312/04/2014

"Gay Millennials are obsessed with sleeping with chicks, they seem desperate to prove they can have sex with women and enjoy it."

No, it's the opposite. They don't feel the need to sleep with girls to prove something to themselves because homosexuality is more accepted than ever. Hardly any males of any age identify as bi.

by Anonymousreply 10412/04/2014

OF COURSE R1 was some fucking whining elderly cunt.

Boomers love to congratulate themselves, don't they. They think they changed the fucking world by moving to New York or San Fran and cloistering themselves into gay ghettos.

by Anonymousreply 10512/04/2014

I don't see why Millennials and Xers can't just get along?

by Anonymousreply 10612/04/2014

We are all men, just like other men, regardless of generation.

by Anonymousreply 10712/04/2014

In the South, both these "generations" have yet to happen.

by Anonymousreply 10812/05/2014

[quote] I was just sticking up for all of us who use the word 'dude.' We're not necessarily stupid.

If you use the word "dude," you are intentionally stupid.

by Anonymousreply 10912/05/2014

I hate the word "dude".

by Anonymousreply 11012/07/2014

I heard a boy of about 10 say to his parents he didnt wanna see Peter Pan Live because it looks so "GAY"

by Anonymousreply 11112/07/2014

I'm in the group that realizes homosexuality wasn't invented in 1998, and the progress which we've enjoyed in this short time could be gone toot-sweet at any time.

I've said this before: women support/love us because we're charming and give them what they need; men support us to get pussy.

by Anonymousreply 11212/07/2014

"Toot-sweet"??? Jesus Christ.

I don't even remember what this thread is about, I'm just responding to say that I consider myself a 'dude', I use the word 'dude', I'm not unintelligent, and I don't give a fuck what R109 thinks.

Oh right, the point of the thread is that the OP is a moron. Did he ever get the thrashing he deserved for typing such a stupid post?

by Anonymousreply 11312/07/2014

R113 No he didn't. And you are not the person we've been waiting for to do it. Abeantow.

by Anonymousreply 11412/07/2014

"Abeantow"???

by Anonymousreply 11512/07/2014

wait why are we mocking French now? lol

by Anonymousreply 11612/07/2014

You mon poo are a kooshon- and that means PIG.

by Anonymousreply 11712/07/2014

We're the only ones who don't like labels and we're way too old for either of these groups.

by Anonymousreply 11812/07/2014

I just wish gay Gen Xers would stop trying to talk, dress and act like gay Millennials. Yes, some of you are well-preserved, but not everyone, and that doesn't mean it's cute for a 40 year old to wear skinny jeans and clothing that a 20-something would wear. I think a mature Gen Xer who is in great shape but who doesn't try to act younger than he is is MUCH hotter than one who wants everyone to think he's 25.

by Anonymousreply 11912/08/2014

@CBSLA · 3m 3 minutes ago

Less than half of the applicants who took the California bar exam this year passed

by Anonymousreply 12012/08/2014

hahehahehahehahe Gen X whining about being stuck in between Boomers and Millennials:

by Anonymousreply 12112/10/2014

WAIT!!! Someone in 2012 here brought up Luke Sissyfag?! Great! You know he's a Republican gay now?

by Anonymousreply 12212/10/2014

" We did more than you." "No, we did more than you."

by Anonymousreply 12312/10/2014

That article is ridiculous. Millennials have been sacked with the highest levels of college debt ever and the worst job prospects in generations. They are also just as skeptical about cubicle careerism as Gen X.

I'm 42, got through college with no debt, have healthy savings and growing investments. Uncommon luxuries compared to the shit I hear constantly from todays 20-somethings. Who are graduating from university with 50, 60, 70k in debt and applying for jobs at Starbucks and Wal-Mart.

Point is: we're all getting fucked and therefore in this together. This Millennial vs Gen X crap gets us nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 12412/10/2014

R124 wow you sound too reasonable for DL

by Anonymousreply 12512/10/2014

Gen Xers started turning 50 this year. They are OLD.

by Anonymousreply 12612/10/2014

R126 lol

by Anonymousreply 12712/11/2014

[quote]They are a man, like all other men. The only difference is they fuck other men. Other than that they don't identify with the gay community.

By "gay community" you mean small urban effeminate cliques. So no, most actual gay guys want nothing to do with that embarrassing fake scene. It's ridiculously creepy.

by Anonymousreply 12812/11/2014

R128 very true

by Anonymousreply 12912/11/2014

[quote]Gen Xers started turning 50 this year. They are OLD.

Conventional years or gay years? 'Cause if it's gay years they're not old, they're 30.

by Anonymousreply 13012/11/2014

I wonder what the ratio is of Gay Millennial/X couples? A lot of Xers go for the Millennials

by Anonymousreply 13112/17/2014

Anyone laughing about Gen Xers being old clearly are a half step away from the grave themselves.

by Anonymousreply 13212/17/2014

R132 not necessarily true

by Anonymousreply 13312/17/2014

Generation X gays are often jealous of Millennial gays. That's why they keep trying to imitate us.

by Anonymousreply 13412/20/2014

R134 is a typical narcissistic millennial who thinks the entire universe revolves around him. We don't want to be you. Your generation is a step back. Go get a fucking tattoo and shave your balls. And fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 13512/20/2014

R135 why don't you go back to dying your hair hide the white/gray creeping in, continue taking selfies of your 40-something year-old body, keep wearing the latest young-geared clothes etc...shall I go on? You're probably bitter that a millennial turned you down recently on grindr or tindr.

by Anonymousreply 13612/20/2014

This thread is filled with stupid old people, including R112 and R119, who are supremely tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 13712/20/2014

R136 you have the wrong guy entirely. I don't dye my hair. Great head of salt and pepper well groomed hair. I dress and act my age, which is something you will likely have a problem with in a few years. I can afford to wear nice things from good stores, and I buy from the mens department, clothing which you may never wear. And I have no desire to look at, touch, or go to bed with some air head who shaves under his arm and his balls, and recklessly covered his putrid body in cheap gutter scum tattoos. Your generation will have a tougher time with aging than any other, good luck with all that. Your poor parents will be supporting you until the day they die, morgatged up to their eyeballs paying your way. Awful, unremarkable generation. I never thought such narcissism could ever exist, especially on such ugly people.

by Anonymousreply 13812/20/2014

R138 you realize a lot of the negatives you listed can be found among your Gen Xers too. I see plenty of Gen X gays who cannot accept aging, dye their hair, shave their body hair, wear A&F, wear skinny jeans and tight tanks, have plenty of tats and who are broke.

Obviously this thread is full of generalizations. Not all Gen Xers or Millennials are guilty of the negative stereotypes mentioned in here, but plenty of you are.

by Anonymousreply 13912/20/2014

I feel sorry for R138. What an awful piece of shit he must be.

by Anonymousreply 14012/20/2014

Millennials are the most useless generation ever.

by Anonymousreply 14106/09/2015

OP is too dumb to live. The people getting gays their rights are Millennials . They put the first black man in the White House too. Gen X is just along for the ride. Millennials are in their 30s.

by Anonymousreply 14206/09/2015

I happen to be a Millennial by age (23) but identify more with Gen X. Believe it or not, we're not all useless fuckwits.

by Anonymousreply 14306/09/2015
Need more help? Click Here.