Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Scandal in the Fashion World! Michael Kors OUT, Zac Posen IN for new season of Project Runway!

Even for the judges - one day you're in, and the next day you're OUT!

Auf Wiedersehn, Michael! {air kisses}

Michael Kors isn't returning as a Project Runway judge for the design competition's 11th cycle, which will feature a twist wherein the designers compete in teams.

Kors, who had been with the show from the beginning, will be replaced by "featured judge" Zac Posen on the upcoming season, but Kors will return as the guest judge for the finale. Posen will join returning judges Heidi Klum, who also hosts the Lifetime show, and Marie Claire fashion director Nina Garcia.

Lifetime said Kors was unable to return as a regular judge for season 11 due to scheduling issues. Because seasons 10 and 11 were shot back-to-back, the designer was not able to commit to all the dates required for shooting season 11.

"Always part of the Project Runway family, Michael will be seen in the future on the show, and we are excited to confirm that Michael will be back as a judge for season 11 finale," Lifetime said.

Meanwhile, the inaugural teams edition is set to premiere at 9 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 24, with 16 designers competing in teams for every challenge.

Tim Gunn is returning as mentor, while guest judges will include Bette Midler, Susan Sarandon, Miranda Lambert, John Legend, Joan and Melissa Rivers, Emmy Rossum, Kristin Davis, Jordana Brewster and designers Rachel Roy, Tracy Reese, Chris Benz and 2007 Project Runway winner Christian Siriano.

Lifetime also will air a Road to the Runway special at 8 p.m., before the season 11 premiere, as an introduction to the new designers. The special will be hosted by Marie Claire’s Zanna Roberts Rassi, the special will also feature commentary from Project Runway: All Stars winner Mondo Guerra, who recaps the show for The Hollywood Reporter, and designer alum Laura Kathleen, who is competing on the current season of All Stars.

The season 11 winner will receive $100,000 from L’Oreal Paris to start his/her own line, a fashion spread in Marie Claire magazine, a 2013 Lexus GS 350, a $50,000 technology suite by HP and Intel to create his/her own vision and run his/her business and the opportunity to design and sell an exclusive collection at Lord & Taylor.

The model paired with the winner of Project Runway also will appear in the designer's Marie Claire editorial feature and receive $25,000 from L'Oreal Paris EverStyle.

by Heidi Klumreply 4301/24/2013

Kors is worth almost $1 billion. He probably didn't want to do it anymore.

by Heidi Klumreply 112/18/2012

Who still watches this crap? It jumped the shark when it moved to Lifetime. Way too much producer manipulations behind the scenes. The past 4-5 winners have been utter jokes.

by Heidi Klumreply 212/18/2012

It's been downhill ever since they moved to Lifetime anyway. AT this point, they may as well get the Quacker Factory Designer to step in as a judge.

by Heidi Klumreply 312/18/2012

The Quacker Factory designer has gone to that big quacker factory in the sky.

by Heidi Klumreply 412/18/2012

I'm probably in the minority, but it's been downhill since its move to Lifetime. Kors has a repulsive outie belly button by the by.

by Heidi Klumreply 512/18/2012

Kors has taste up his ass anyway.

How can you take fashion critiques seriously from someone who looks like a dried orange?

by Heidi Klumreply 612/18/2012

Bitches.

Yes, PR has gone horribly downhill since they moved to the Women In Peril channel. I still watch the stupid thing - old habits die hard.

As for Kors, you bitches are way too hard on him, and not in a good way. I've always thought he was a fun PR judge and I'll miss him while Pozen fills in.

by Heidi Klumreply 712/18/2012

Good. I can't stand Michael Kors. I'm a Mizrahi Man myself.

by Heidi Klumreply 812/18/2012

R8 = That old Mizrahi queen, still broke, still unemployed and still dreaming of the 1980s.

by Heidi Klumreply 912/18/2012

I like Mizrahi too, R8, I've always liked him. Tim Gunn loathes him so I'm not surprised he didn't get the temporary fill in spot for Kors.

by Heidi Klumreply 1012/18/2012

Does this mean Laura Kathleen wins the current All Stars season?

by Heidi Klumreply 1112/18/2012

Mmmmmm, Pozen is a hot mess. Love him.

Oh, and IFHH. HARD.

by Heidi Klumreply 1212/18/2012

How has it gone downhill?

by Heidi Klumreply 1312/18/2012

Kors's husband is one helluva hawt hunk of man.

by Heidi Klumreply 1412/18/2012

This is a scandal?

by Heidi Klumreply 1512/18/2012

Kors is now a billionaire since his company went public this year. Why would he want to sit there and critique some tacky Midwestern designer's kulotts?

by Heidi Klumreply 1612/18/2012

You mean we won't hear him say," There's a line from Chorus Line that says:'Different is nice, but it sure isn't pretty,'for the 11th year?"

by Heidi Klumreply 1712/18/2012

Kors is possibly my favoutire part of the show these days. More to the point - how the hell is this team thing going to work? Sounds shit.

by Heidi Klumreply 1812/18/2012

Every challenge is a team challenge? Why? Those are the worst. He does that help thm pick the best designer? This gimmick sounds awful.

by Heidi Klumreply 1912/18/2012

I think they mean there will be established teams of two competing, not individuals.

by Heidi Klumreply 2012/18/2012

The team challenges are an indication that the producers are no longer interested in fashion, but are all about featuring conflict and resentment.

by Heidi Klumreply 2112/18/2012

FUCK. Not about the Duchess, I don't give a shit about him, but the fact they have the Lady, Laura Kathleen as part of the kickoff show means she no doubt wins this season of All-Stars.

Yes, her decoy collection from her season was the best thing there. But it was sufficiently different from anything she has done before or since that I am quite sure she had help. Because god knows that one's taste is all in her well-fed mouth.

Not to mention, if I have to hear her say one more time how UNFAIR it is that all of the other designers blame her for her "upbringing" and for shopping all of her life at Neiman Marcus (as if that were something to be proud of!), I will lose it.

Bitch, NO ONE cares that you come from money. What they do care about is that you are constantly dropping hints about it, like, well, like a nouveau riche, oil-rich Texan.

I'm not sure she's from Texas, but if she isn't, she should be. Then again, she may not have a fraction of the money she claims; one would think if she did, she could afford for her hair to be a color that actually appears in nature.

I think Emelio, Uli, and Anthony should be the finalists, and I certainly don't think that cunt should win.

by Heidi Klumreply 2212/18/2012

I don't watch this anymore since it moved to Lifetime. All the drama has become too expected and boring. This is what happens when the participants figure out the formula for the show.

by Heidi Klumreply 2312/18/2012

R22 is correct in every respect.

by Heidi Klumreply 2412/18/2012

Kors and Posen are both shit designers no one cares about. So who cares what they think? Its not like they have Alexander Wang or Phoebe Philo or someone else at the top of their game judging.

by Heidi Klumreply 2512/18/2012

Call me slutty and grasping but I live for Marchesa.

by Heidi Klumreply 2612/18/2012

That's the other Project Runway. With the guy who designs for Target.

by Heidi Klumreply 2712/18/2012

How is Kors a billionaire? I never see anyone buying anything in his stores.

by Heidi Klumreply 2812/18/2012

[quote]How is Kors a billionaire? I never see anyone buying anything in his stores.

My goodness: if you haven't seen it with your very own eyes, then it MUST be patently false!

by Heidi Klumreply 2912/18/2012

Posen will present his hairy hole

by Heidi Klumreply 3012/18/2012

Posen's company went bankrupt a couple of years ago, as did Mizrahi's.

by Heidi Klumreply 3112/19/2012

You're slutty and grasping R26

by Heidi Klumreply 3212/19/2012

maybe it's like Survivor, the competition is still similar but there's a design house effect ... they did something like that on the Bravo replacement that failed right?

by Heidi Klumreply 3312/19/2012

Isn't Posen fat and balding now?

by Heidi Klumreply 3412/19/2012

[quote]Isn't Posen fat and balding now?

He's taking this replacing Michael Kors thing very literally.

by Heidi Klumreply 3512/19/2012

Never have I been happier to be proven wrong. Although once I heard the dreaded phrase "taste issues" referring to the Lady Laura Kathleen, I knew if she didn't go this week she'd be going soon.

So, yay for not wasting time, judges.

I thought Uli should have won tonight, but eh, so long as she makes the finals, along with Emelio and Anthony, I'll be happy.

by Heidi Klumreply 3612/20/2012

Lifetime shot seasons 10 and 11 back to back last summer. Kors couldn't commit to essentially shooting a reality show for 8 to 10 weeks in a row, so he begged off season 11. This isn't really a big deal. If there's a season 12, he'll probably be back.

by Heidi Klumreply 3712/20/2012

It's ok with me. Kors was funny, but his store sells fur, and that's a big no-no for me, so I never really liked him. Tim Gunn also hates fur, btw. The snotty rich bitch on All-Stars just got eliminated tonight using fur, loved that.

by Heidi Klumreply 3812/20/2012

No one ever heard of Kors until this show (other than a few fashion queens). Big mistake to leave.

by Heidi Klumreply 3912/20/2012

Kors is the best thing about the show, the last few seasons I skip the whole design part and skip straight to the runway show and critiques. Not sure if I'll watch at all now. I like how he always refers to the outfits as "she" as in "she looks like an unemployed witch on xanax"

by Heidi Klumreply 4012/20/2012

I think he's referring to the models, R 40.

by Heidi Klumreply 4112/21/2012

FYI Ms. Posen DOES NOT wax her hole

by Heidi Klumreply 4212/21/2012

Does this show start tonight?

Is there a new thread for it?

by Heidi Klumreply 4301/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.