Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Firefly (TV series)

I've just been re-watching the whole series again. Boy, it was great--probably Joss Whedon's best. Less preachy, and with much better acting and production values, than BUFFY, and less convoluted than DOLLHOUSE.

Has there been anything near as good of an all sci-fi series since FIREFLY aired? I was so disappointed in the STARGATE franchise.

by Anonymousreply 1404/17/2013

I remember it mostly for Nathan Fillion's wonderful ass.

by Anonymousreply 112/18/2012

One thing I could never make sense of on both the show and on "Serenity": the big go-to scary enemy, the Reavers, were insane monsters who were so aggressive and crazy they raped people to death, ate their flesh, and flayed their skins. They couldn't even speak and made weird screaming and grunting sounds. How the hell did they manage to work together to fly their spaceships?

by Anonymousreply 212/18/2012

R2, the same way the Republicans manage to work together?

by Anonymousreply 312/18/2012

[quote]Has there been anything near as good of an all sci-fi series since FIREFLY aired?

Battlestar Galactica (the reboot) is excellent. Puts other series to shame.

by Anonymousreply 412/18/2012

i keep trying to get into sci-fi but i just can't. i'm starting on the literature, but most of the tv shows and movies are just abysmal. can't understand how it became so popular.

by Anonymousreply 512/18/2012

I for one had trouble with the downer aspect of Battlestar Galactica. I was OK with it the first three seasons, but after a while it seemed like they were trying to top themselves with how dark they could go. Several of the characters kept falling off the wagon every few seasons; horrible star chamber executions by 'spacing" people got more and more frequent... it was just too much for me after a while. I gave up on it before the series ended.

I much prefer shows like STAR TREK: TNG and FIREFLY that had their own dark aspects but still showed a lighter side to sci fi.

by Anonymousreply 612/18/2012

BG the reboot is an excellent pure drama show, but it was very dark. Firefly was usually lighter.

by Anonymousreply 712/18/2012

Fillion ass bump.

by Anonymousreply 812/18/2012

Bump!

by Anonymousreply 904/16/2013

OMG I am enjoying it so much. I never would have bothered watching it if it weren't for people talking about it here. I wish Hulu would release more than one episode a week. It's almost worth paying for Hulu+. Maybe when I get a job I will.

by Anonymousreply 1004/16/2013

It's worth buying the DVD R10. You should be able to get it for 15-20 bucks. Plus you get the extras.

by Anonymousreply 1104/16/2013

Definitely, R11.

by Anonymousreply 1204/16/2013

Great show, but I think Fillion's ass is much more edible now on "Castle."

by Anonymousreply 1304/17/2013

Captain Tightpants needs to go up three sizes.

by Anonymousreply 1404/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.