Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Kat Von D Engaged To DeadMau5: On-Again Couple Share Engagement News Over Twitter

Tattooed freaks.

Photo:

by Anonymousreply 3506/27/2013

I thought she was engaged to Sandra Bullock's reject.

by Anonymousreply 112/17/2012

I thought he was Jewish. I realize not every Zimmerman is, but still...

That's an odd dynamic if he is.

by Anonymousreply 212/18/2012

I try to be tolerant of him because he's helping to mainstream electronic music, mostly by appealing to frat boys, so it's not surprising that I don't like his sound. But I've always loved electronic dance music and I'm glad it's going mainstream. Some people might be annoyed by it, but hey, that's what I've always thought about rap, country and heavy metal.

by Anonymousreply 312/18/2012

Madonna and Lady Gaga are electronic dance music. It already went mainstream a long time ago R3.

EDM today, is creating a song from already existing sound bites and samples. Which is why they call themselves DJs not song writers and why the EDM Grammy winners rarely get TV airtime.

What annoys people is that DJs who can't play a musical instrument, are winning Grammys for slicing and dicing together beats. Which any moron with a computer can do.

by Anonymousreply 412/18/2012

DeadMau5 and dubstep are expanding it out beyond gay culture, r4. Gay icon dance-pop divas have always been around, but dubstep is considered masculine enough to appeal to straight men too, overcoming the usual homophobic reaction to dance music.

by Anonymousreply 612/19/2012

She will stay married to anyone. Shes seven layers of crazy

by Anonymousreply 712/19/2012

If DeadMau5 doesn't have herpes yet, he will soon.

by Anonymousreply 812/19/2012

She's not crazy, she's just a nasty, low rent attention whore.

by Anonymousreply 912/19/2012

Lets take electronic dance music from the Gay club scene of the late 90s and early 2000s (see Queer as Folk music collection), eliminate all the homosexuals and replace them with butch he-man DJs who talk about their girlfriends in every interview (Deadmau5 aka Joel Zimmerman, Skrillex aka Sonny Moore, Dillion Francis, Madeon aka Hugo Pierre Leclercq etc.). Force homosexuals too powerful to eliminate, to start lying about their sex lives and tell the world they are about to get married to a female (Tiesto).....then all the straight guys will start listening to EDM and the world will take us seriously.....

Why don't the Grammy's take us seriously?? We did everything we could to promote EDM right? I know straight guys are not genetically suited to create Dance Music, but they can copy it from others....OK we will allow a couple of homosexuals to still exist in EDM...... providing they never..... EVER..... talk about it and tell the world how much they like boobies.

Take us seriously!! Why won't anyone take us seriously?? (We are letting in very, very light skinned black guys too!)

by Anonymousreply 1012/19/2012

I know this music sucks today, but it is heterosexual and that is what really matters to the record companies.

by Anonymousreply 1112/19/2012

[quote]but it is heterosexual and that is what really matters to the record companies.

My god, some of you are stupid.

Record companies want to sell records. That is their goal.

by Anonymousreply 1212/19/2012

Heterosexualizing helps it goes mainstream, which gives it more exposure, kids grow up hearing electronic dance music and think it's ok. So after that's established, it's going to help the acceptance of electronic dance music in general. DeadMau5 and dubstep are necessary evils.

by Anonymousreply 1312/19/2012

EDM fans are all racist and homophobic and won't buy records from f*ags or $#%%&@......So nice we understand how the world really works. It must be soul draining work for the 1 or 2 closet cases working in EDM today, knowing this.

Here is hoping they can move laterally to a more serious genre of the music industry.

by Anonymousreply 1412/19/2012

CONFUCIUS SAY: When any creative industry starts eliminating gays, the end is near.

by Anonymousreply 1512/19/2012

I'm a REAL man not a homo.....

by Anonymousreply 1612/19/2012

He's never said that, or anything else homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 1712/19/2012

[quote]EDM fans are all racist and homophobic and won't buy records from f*ags or $#%%&@

You truly don't know what you are talking about.

by Anonymousreply 1812/19/2012

The day I first heard dubstep was the day I knew I was officially an eldergay.

When I listen to Skrillex I know what my parents heard when I listened to punk.

by Anonymousreply 1912/19/2012

In what universe was Tiesto considered straight, or is he trying the "I'm not gay, I'm European" crap?

I'm shocked any DJ at his level is in an LTR with anyone, though. They have brutal travel schedules.

by Anonymousreply 2012/19/2012

Could someone suggest some good dubstep?

by Anonymousreply 2112/19/2012

r21, generally the older, English drum and bass is a good segue.

I have a couple of playlists I can look up when I get home.

by Anonymousreply 2212/19/2012

EDM = Dance music repacked for rich white heterosexuals

Kind of like the Scientology of the Music industry.

by Anonymousreply 2312/20/2012

When learning to play a musical instrument is just too hard, DJs take over popular music.

It's coming true!

by Anonymousreply 2412/27/2012

R21 "Dubstep" has past already, the new term is EDM.

by Anonymousreply 2501/04/2013

Does he take his mousehead off when he fucks her?

by Anonymousreply 2601/04/2013

Who cares R26? It is a "HER" as in female and that is what really matters in this genre today.

by Anonymousreply 2701/06/2013

"Just because the basics of DJing are learnable skills doesn't mean they are easy to master."

Setting up your iPhone is a learnable skill, but they don't give out Grammy awards for it.

by Anonymousreply 2801/17/2013

This bitch goes through men like toilet paper - they've broken up:

by Anonymousreply 2906/27/2013

He better find a new girlfriend FAST! EDM is a strictly enforced, homo free genre.

(Witness female only tickets at EDM shows as proof)

by Anonymousreply 3006/27/2013

She's so gross.

by Anonymousreply 3106/27/2013

deadmouse and his ilk are killing what's left of the music business. Hope she gives him a deadly STD.

by Anonymousreply 3206/27/2013

Skrill would like to remind people he is also a confirmed heterosexual, so it doesn't matter if he can't play any musical instrument, because he is not gay and that is what really matters in the EDM world.

by Anonymousreply 3306/27/2013

DJ's are to music what script kiddies are to software engineering.

by Anonymousreply 3406/27/2013

EDM is starting to collapse. Vegas's new EDM gamble, the "Light" nightclub at Mandalay Bay, bombed beyond belief - this is the start of the end.

World festivals like Cochella, MUTEK, Future Music, Bestival, Tomorrowland and Time Warp will still happen anyways, but the type of music always changes. Dance music will be a big part of these festivals, but this temporary genre blip called EDM, not so much anymore.

by Anonymousreply 3506/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.