Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Golden Globe Nominations

Hollywood's sham awards show will announce its nominations at 8:15 EST this morning.

Noms posted inside...

by Anonymousreply 5001/11/2013

Noms starting now, you can watch here

by Anonymousreply 112/13/2012

For the first time in twenty years E! didn't cover it live on TV. Fuck you Ryan Secrest.

by Anonymousreply 212/13/2012

Jessica Lange got nominated again (tv), I think in the lead actress category this time.

by Anonymousreply 312/13/2012

ACTOR, TV DRAMA

Steve Buscemi, Bryan Cranston, Jeff Daniels, Jon Hamm, Damian Lewis

ACTOR, COMEDY

Jack Black, Bradley Cooper, Hugh Jackman, Ewan McGregor (Yemen), Bill Murray (Hyde Park)

ACTOR, SUPPORTING, MOVIE

Alan Arkin, Leo DiCaprio, P S Hoffman, Tommy Lee Jones, Christoph Waltz

ACTRESS DRAMA

Jessica Chastain, Marion Cotillard, Helen Mirren, Naomi Watts, Rachel Weisz

ACTOR, MINISERIES OR MOVIE

Kevin Costner, Ben Cumberbatch, Woody Harrelson, Toby Jones, Clive Owen

TV DRAMA

Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, Downtown Abbey, Homeland, The Newsroom

SUPPORTING ACTRESS MOVIE

Amy Adams, Sally Field, Anne Hathaway, Helen Hunt, Nicole Kidman (Paperboy)

ACTRESS COMEDY

Emily Blunt (Yemen), Judi Dench, Jennifer Lawrence, Maggie Smith (Quartet), Meryl Streep

MOTION PICTURE COMEDY

Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, Les MIserables, Moonrise Kingdom, Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, Silver Linings Playbook

ACTRESS MINISERIES TV MOVIE

Nicole Kidman, Jessica Lange, Sienna Miller, Julianne Moore, Sigourney Weaver

ACTOR

Daniel Day Lewis, Richard Gere, John Hawkes, Joaquin Phoenix, Denzel Washington

DIRECTOR

Ben Affleck, Katherine Bigelow, Ang Lee, Steven Spielberg, Quentin Tarantino

MOVIE DRAMA

Argo, Django Unchained, Life of Pi, Lincoln, Zero Dark Thirty

by Anonymousreply 412/13/2012

Golden Globes nominees for Best Actress (Musical/Comedy TV series): Zooey Deschanel, Julia Louis-Dreyfus , Lena Dunham, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler - broadcast

Golden Globe nominees for Best miniseries/TV movie: 'Game Change,' 'The Girl,' 'Hatfields & McCoys,' 'The Hour,' and 'Political Animals' - broadcast

Golden Globe nominees for Best Supporting Actress (TV): Hayden Panettiere, Arji Panjabi, Sara Paulson, Maggie Smith, Sofia Vergara - broadcast

Golden Globe for Best Actress (Drama) nominees: Connie Briton, Glenn Close, Claire Danes, Michelle Dockery, Julianna Margulies

Golden Globe for Best TV Comedy Series nominees: 'Big Bang Theory,' 'Episodes,' 'Girls,' 'Modern Family' and 'Smash'

by Anonymousreply 512/13/2012

No Lily Rabe?

Torch the place!

by Anonymousreply 612/13/2012

[quote] No Lily Rabe? Torch the place!

Lily Rabe will continue Lily Rabe-ing all the way to the Emmys!

by Anonymousreply 712/13/2012

Best Screenplay - Motion Picture Nominees: Mark Boal, Tony Kushner, David O. Russell, Quentin Tarantino, Chris Terrio (argo)

Best Original Song - Motion Picture Nominees: "For You", "Not Running Anymore", "Safe & Sound", "Skyfall", "Suddenly"

by Anonymousreply 812/13/2012

Best Foreign Language Film Nominees: Amour, A Royal Affair, The Intouchables, Kon-Tiki, Rust and Bone

by Anonymousreply 912/13/2012

Where's Hushpuppy???? Fuck the GGs!!! I agree torch the place! Kill the beast!

by Anonymousreply 1012/13/2012

Golden Globe nominees for Best Comedic Actor (TV): Don Cheadle, Alec Baldwin, Louis CK, Matt LeBlanc, Jim Parsons

by Anonymousreply 1112/13/2012

At this point I'd probably count Matthew McConaughey out for a Best Supporting Actor Oscar nomination for Magic Mike; snubbed by both HFPA and SAG is not good, since those are less elitist than the Academy.

Alan Arkin on the other hand will definitely get an Oscar nom for Argo. Arkin, PS Hoffman, and Tommy Lee Jones are definite; the other two will go to De Niro, Bardem or DiCaprio. (Waltz is being submitted for Lead for Django so he doesn't compete with DiCaprio)

Would not be surprised if supporting actress Oscars mirror GG noms. GG and SAGs identical except for Amy Adams/Maggie Smith, but Adams is an Academy fave.

by Anonymousreply 1212/13/2012

I think it's annoying they have a separate acting category for comedy/musicals, but otherwise it's a much more entertaining show than the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 1312/13/2012

Kerry Washington in SCANDAL was robbed.

by Anonymousreply 1412/13/2012

Some think Scandal should be moved into the vacancy 666 Park Ave will leave, following Revenge. I'd prefer that to moving Nashville there.

by Anonymousreply 1512/13/2012

It's a setup to hand the lead- and supporting-actress Oscars to Jennifer Lawrence ("Silver Linings Playbook") and Anne Hathaway ("Les Miserables"). Their best competitors -- Emmanuelle Riva ("Amour") and Ann Dowd ("Compliance") -- were shut out here. And weren't Riva and Dowd denied Critics Choice noms as well? (The two actresses might make the Oscar cut. At best.)

Daniel Day-Lewis has two Oscars already, and it's rare for anyone to win three. (The only ones who have done it are Walter Huston, Ingrid Bergman, Jack Nicholson, and Meryl Streep. Streep had to wait neary 30 years between her second and third statues. Katherine Hepburn holds the record, of course, with four.) So I don't be on him or fellow two-time-winning "Lincoln" costar Sally Field, at least not yet, and Steven Spielberg to date has never directed an Oscar-winning performance. (Those nominated under the direction of Spielberg were: Melinda Dillon in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind," 1977; Whoopi Goldeberg, Margaret Avery, and Oprah Winfrey in "The Color Purple," 1985; Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes in "Schindler's List," 1993; and Tom Hanks in "Saving Private Ryan," 1998.)

by Anonymousreply 1612/13/2012

R16 here.

Walter Brennan is a three-time Oscar winner. (I meant "Brennan" and not Walter Huston. Sorry.)

by Anonymousreply 1712/13/2012

[quote]TV DRAMA: Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, Downtown Abbey, Homeland, The Newsroom

Oh dear

by Anonymousreply 1812/13/2012

It's DOWNTON not DOWNTOWN!!!

by Anonymousreply 1912/13/2012

[quote]Daniel Day-Lewis has two Oscars already, and it's rare for anyone to win three.

He's going to win his third this year.

by Anonymousreply 2012/13/2012

The Foreign Press will nominate Streep if she made a home movie. That slot should have been Babs, not that it would have led to The Oscars but she is actually funny in a comedy.

by Anonymousreply 2112/13/2012

Does Streep hold the record for the most acting nominations, Oscars and GGs? That'd be a nice distinction for her, and she earned it. Take that Hepburn!

by Anonymousreply 2212/13/2012

[quote]Take that Hepburn!

Hepburn had FOUR Oscars, she wins.

by Anonymousreply 2312/13/2012

Ok I checked, 17 Oscar nomination, 26 GG, 8 more than any other actor in the history of both awards. Yes Hepburn has more Oscars so far, but won't have won for certain until Meryl retires with fewer. And Meryl kicking Hepburn's ass in nominations does make Hepburn's win less decisive, imo.

by Anonymousreply 2412/13/2012

No love for Tom Hooper.

by Anonymousreply 2512/13/2012

Yep, its the beginning of the end for Les Jiz.

by Anonymousreply 2612/13/2012

Uhhh, no, it isn't, R26.

Hooper will probably take Ang Lee's slot when Oscar nominations are announced.

by Anonymousreply 2712/13/2012

Not looking good for My Barbra

by Anonymousreply 2812/13/2012

Given the raves I've read for Riva, I'm quite shocked she was shut out.

Hopefully the Oscars will get it right.

by Anonymousreply 2912/13/2012

[quote]Hopefully the Oscars will get it right.

Like I said before, critics don't nominate or bote for The Oscars. The Academy will get screeners, and then vote. Actors can appreciate a great performance more than a critic.

by Anonymousreply 3012/13/2012

If they awarded Walter Brennan 3 Oscars, why the hell wouldn't they give Daniel Day-Lewis a third??

by Anonymousreply 3112/13/2012

[quote]If they awarded Walter Brennan 3 Oscars, why the hell wouldn't they give Daniel Day-Lewis a third??

Maybe they will, but Hugh Jackman has received raves from preview audiences and I'm not talking the critics. He is definitely a contender but you see the picture hasn't even opened yet where lots of people have seen "Lincoln" already. By the end of Christmas week Jackman could be the front runner. No one has won a Best Actor Academy Award for a musical since Rex Harrison in "My Fair Lady" 48 years ago, and that would be historic too. Remember he's hosted The Oscars, they love him.

by Anonymousreply 3212/13/2012

[quote]Remember he's hosted The Oscars, they love him.

James Franco hosted the Oscars: that didn't help him win.

by Anonymousreply 3312/13/2012

[quote]Remember he's hosted The Oscars, they love him.

We think he is a hammy fancy man.

by Anonymousreply 3412/13/2012

[quote]James Franco hosted the Oscars: that didn't help him win.

Yeah, but Anne Hathaway saved that debacle and it will the first time two Oscar hosts have won.

by Anonymousreply 3512/13/2012

Les Miz is not going to be winning any major awards, acting or otherwise. The constant harping here won't change that. The reviews are mediocre to terrible and it will flop at the box office.

by Anonymousreply 3712/14/2012

Babs should have been nominated over Streep.

by Anonymousreply 3812/14/2012

How gay ARE you??

Who gives a shit?

by Anonymousreply 3912/14/2012

I should not have been but I still cannot believe how very irrelevant it sll seems to be these days.

I used to LIVE for this shit too.

by Anonymousreply 4012/14/2012

Jesus, you all are fucking stupid.

Walter Brennan got 3 awards because they used to let the extras vote, and as Brennan had started as an extra, amll his peeps voted for him.

DDL and Sally Fueld will both win #3.

That will make DDL the only actor other than Hepburn with more than 2 Leading Role Oscars.

And it will add Field to the list of actors who have 2 Lead Oscars and 1 Supporting:

Ingrid Bergman Jack Nicholson Meryl Streep

If Denzel wins Best Actor, he will be added to that list. and my guess is that he'll be DDL's only real competition.

by Anonymousreply 4112/14/2012

Sally is winning nothing. Anne has tat one in the bag. Thankfully, SAG ignored the dull Amy Adams, as well.

by Anonymousreply 4212/14/2012

Emmanuelle Riva woz ROBBED !!!

Ann Dowd was robbed too.

And congrats Meryl Streep on another well-deserved nomination for your subtle, insightful work in "Hope Springs". You always keep us guessing, you always deliver the goods, and that's why we love you - each and everyone one of us!

And Barbra Streisand is a good singer, but most certainly doesn't deserve any acting noms, not even from the HFPA. Accept it and move on, Babs troll.

To the people going on and on about Field/Hathaway: there is a good chance they will split the vote at the Oscars, and Dench or Adams (who are both likely to get in) will take the prize.

by Anonymousreply 4312/14/2012

Does anyone know when the DGA announces? Or any of the Guilds, for that matter?

by Anonymousreply 4412/14/2012

[quote]Les Miz is not going to be winning any major awards, acting or otherwise. The constant harping here won't change that. The reviews are mediocre to terrible and it will flop at the box office.

Dude, get in your time machine and come join us here in 2012. Critics mean NOTHING to movie going audiences today.

by Anonymousreply 4512/14/2012

I bet R41 is a hoot at parties.

by Anonymousreply 4612/14/2012

For r44

by Anonymousreply 4712/14/2012

Meryl's reaction to her nomination!

by Anonymousreply 4812/16/2012

Was Pia overlooked again this year?

by Anonymousreply 4912/28/2012

Michael J. Fox's son, Sam, is going to be Mr. Golden Globes this year.

by Anonymousreply 5001/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.