Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Gay Princeton Student Who Challenged Antonin Scalia On 'Anti-Gay' Writings, Speaks Out

The gay Princeton student who challenged Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia on legal writings which some have deemed anti-gay is speaking out about the experience.

In an appearance on MSNBC’s "The Last Word," Duncan Hosie said, "I think there’s a fundamental difference between arguing that the Constitution doesn’t protect gay rights and [saying that] the Constitution justifies that we need to use this language when talking about gay rights, and that was the point of my question."

Hosie had questioned Scalia’s comparison of bans on sodomy to those on bestiality, murder and incest. Scalia was appearing at Princeton University to promote his new book, "Reading Law."

Scalia replied by saying he was not equating sodomy with murder but rather drawing a parallel between the bans on both, but Hosie didn't buy it.

"I think he needs to persuade a lot more Americans about his views because I think they're becoming increasingly out of the mainstream," Hosie, who said he received an "overwhelmingly positive" reaction after the story broke nationwide, noted.

Video linked.

by Anonymousreply 512/14/2012

smart kid

by Anonymousreply 112/13/2012

Proud of him. If he were a public figure - which he is becoming and embracing - and I were his advisor, I would coach him on controlling all that prolonged eye-closing when he speaks (if it's longer than a blink, it's no good). It can come accross as snobby or detached, especially when oné talks about how courageous one is and how much applause and support one gets. It's a habit that can be licked. Just sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 212/14/2012

Get rid of this Evil Old F*uck!

by Anonymousreply 312/14/2012

Warning:

by Anonymousreply 412/14/2012

IFHH

by Anonymousreply 512/14/2012
Need more help? Click Here.