Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I get all warm & fuzzy watching "The New Normal."

There's a ton of people saying hateful stuff anout "The New Normal" in another (almost full) thread. But I only want to hear from those of you who are finding this new show to be a total delight.

If you haven't watched it lately, you may want to watch it NOW because it is getting better as it matures. And Ellen Barkin's Archie Bunker shtick is changing a bit to make her a more complex & interesting character.

The last few episodes have been outstanding, and genuinely hilarious as well as thoughtful. I am finding that it really makes me feel GOOD, especially when the two male leads sit on the bed facing each other and have heart to heart chats. It all feels so real to me. And beautiful, too. Anyone else feeling this way?

by Anonymousreply 1212/16/2012

[quote]But I only want to hear from those of you who are finding this new show to be a total delight.

Tough shit, Cheryl. This thread will have posts from whoever has an opinion in any direction.

No one died and made you queen.

by Anonymousreply 112/12/2012

I start to creep out at the stereotyping, and the cheap-shot plotting, but then they'll do something rather brave and insightful about gay lives, and it's in the context that there are no quotation marks or asterisks involved with the characters. "The new normal" indeed - much needed on TV.

So, OP, excuse me for not doing my R1 job and saying you're a fat frau who obviously knows nothing about gay people, relationships, or not living in a trailer.

I'll leave that for R2!

by Anonymousreply 212/12/2012

I love it. The girl who plays Shania is a great little actress!

by Anonymousreply 412/12/2012

by Anonymousreply 712/13/2012

People who write hostile comments on a thread have waaaaay too much time on their hands. Sad.

New Normal is a great show. Great cast, too.

by Anonymousreply 812/14/2012

I get all warm and fuzzy watching Justin Bartha. I want him to be my little fuck-monkey.

by Anonymousreply 912/15/2012

Started watching for Justin Bartha, stayed for Shania and Nene.

by Anonymousreply 1012/16/2012

talk about a shit show. The only good one on it is Justin Bartha but the writing is horrendous, he and his partner have ZERO chemistry and I hate that little girl.

by Anonymousreply 1112/16/2012

[quote] stayed for Shania and Nene.

Tell me, how long was the recovery period for your lobotomy?

by Anonymousreply 1212/16/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!