Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Howard Stern on Royal Phone Prank "I feel bad for the Australian DJs. The Nurse had issues"

Howie Mandel also adds says the DJ’s are being dragged through the mud. And he would have done the exact same prank if he had the chance. There is a lot more going on with this nurse than this prank call.

See link below

by Anonymousreply 4212/14/2012

Well, that's why it's a bad idea to pull cruel pranks on total strangers, duh. You never know what kind of issues they have.

Stern is an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 112/12/2012

But was it really a cruel prank?

by Anonymousreply 212/12/2012

Whenever someone who's been bullied and persecuted kills him or herself, the perps and their sympathizers always say "S/he was unstable anyway." Well, duh, bullies are always on the lookout for victims who seem vulnerable. It's no fun trying to attack someone who's strong enough to just tell you to fuck off and ignore you.

by Anonymousreply 312/12/2012

People trying to overly defend the Dj's are assholes, you don't know whose stable and who isn't. Calling a hospital with a joke is never funny.

by Anonymousreply 412/12/2012

it was a pointless, stupid prank which ended in an unforeseeable way - obviously - but this woman was most definitely dealing with bigger issues and this either sent her over the edge or gave her the excuse she was looking for

after the prank everyone at the hospital expressed support for her since she was only covering the phones - this was something for her to blame without needing to explain her desire to kill herself

by Anonymousreply 512/12/2012

It never occurs to any of these people that if she hadn't killed herself, she likely would have been fired or forced to resign. If they had actually gotten through to Kate, probably more than one person would have been fired or forced to resign. I really want to know how this makes these two DJ's "harmless pranksters."

Sounds like malicious bastards looking to get people fired for their own fun and profit to me.

by Anonymousreply 612/12/2012

I feel bad for the nurse's family. The DJs will find other jobs.

by Anonymousreply 712/12/2012

Howie is huge germophobe. I'd love to see someone pull a prank involving him getting dirty. I'm sure he would find it hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 812/12/2012

Were the DJs fired? It was a stupid prank. Kind of lame, too.

by Anonymousreply 1012/12/2012

Of course radio comedians like Howard Stern would stand up for the Australian DJs--they think radio comedians should be allowed to do whatever they feel like doing. If they said, "Maybe next time people better think before they pull a prank like this" they open themselves up for the same kind of criticism. His comments on this matter are completely unsurprising and self-serving.

by Anonymousreply 1112/12/2012

But didn't the nurse who killed herself simply accept the call and pass it on to her superior (the 'duty nurse')? In other words, she didn't make a serious choice to hand the phone to Kate, she simply gave the call to someone with the right to make a decision about what to do with it. It was the 'duty nurse' who chatted merrily with the DJs not the suicide. If anyone was made a fool of it was she. Clearly, the suicide was prompted by internal struggles that must have been going on.

by Anonymousreply 1212/12/2012

I wonder what some of the Tradio DJs have done after getting calls from Sal and Richard.

by Anonymousreply 1312/14/2012

In one of the three letters she left behind, Jacintha Saldanha wrote about the abuse from her colleagues following the phone prank.

This is just an awful story all around. Nobody knew she was that fragile.

by Anonymousreply 1412/14/2012

Oh, you mean Howard Stern has once again demonstrated that he's a giant douchebag?

Gee, what a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 1512/14/2012

The nurse never experienced the price of fame before. There are many celebrities who go through years of terrible press and public ridicule. They live through it. Howard Stern told his listeners to harass Rosie O'Donnell in the late 90s/early 00s. They would rush up to her and scream in her face and make threatening comments.

by Anonymousreply 1612/14/2012

I agree with Stern too. I don't entirely trust Stern, but he does often cut through the bullshit like this, I seem to agree with him a lot.

by Anonymousreply 1712/14/2012

I'm with Stern. She overreacted, and it's a pity. But this was not something that should have been anticipated by the DJs.

by Anonymousreply 1812/14/2012

R8 - Stern is a germphobe? Really?? I loathe him and my present to myself, should I win the lotto, is to engineer a Punk'd prank involving Stern, and a load of manure. Giggling just thinking about it!

by Anonymousreply 1912/14/2012

I think it was the abuse from co-workers and her bosses that pushed her over the edge...she wasn't 100% all there upstairs but I think just couldn't face her co-workers after all that...so sad. the family should definitely sue the hospital, teach them a lesson. The baby will be cursed.

by Anonymousreply 2012/14/2012

[quote]It never occurs to any of these people that if she hadn't killed herself, she likely would have been fired or forced to resign.

She didn't. That was already confirmed by the hospital. If anyone was more likely to kill themselves, it was the second nurse.

by Anonymousreply 2212/14/2012

Her suicide note blames hospital.

by Anonymousreply 2312/14/2012

This is what radio jocks do. So what.

The prank call wan't cruel in any way. Dumb-ass stupid, yes, but the jocks didn't cause this woman's death.

Stern is right, here.

by Anonymousreply 2412/14/2012

The nurses deserved to be fired anyway for violating HIPAA, or the British health privacy laws. Nurses and floor secretaries are trained to conceal such information, even if the caller identifies himself as the POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 2512/14/2012

Stern doesn't get it! The nurse was an innocent 'party' to this prank, passes on a message that she should have stopped, then realises her mistake. Any one of us could be her. Now all of us are victims of the DJ's stupidity, including the DJ's themselves. People might be laughing , but there's nothing funny about this story.

by Anonymousreply 2612/14/2012

Stern or anyone else can have empathy for the Aussie DJs and about the entire situation; however, he's wrong to blame the victim particularly regarding what happened to the victim. You never know what "issues" someone may have when your actions have "gone too far."

The DJs have to take some responsibility for the nurse's death. The DJs made her the butt of their joke. They, of course, didn't mean to cause her death. But everyday, people in courtrooms around the world are often charged with involuntary manslaughter for things they "didn't mean" to do.

by Anonymousreply 2712/14/2012

I can't stand Stern. I just can't.

I was a teenager in DC when I first began hearing him on the radio and I hated him then, too.

by Anonymousreply 2812/14/2012

That college student who recorded his gay roommate having sex with his boyfriend, and then posted it on the internet, with the gay kid later jumping off a bridge, got off with a slap on the wrist. And he intended to hurt and humiliate the gay kid. I think intent is very important in trying to hold someone responsible for a suicide. The DJs weren't out to get the nurse and harm her, and frankly she overreacted.

by Anonymousreply 2912/14/2012

Australian shepherds have such an annoying bark. My neighbor has five of them, but I don't blame them because they're herding dogs and bored out of their minds!

by Anonymousreply 3012/14/2012

Suicide is a huge issue in India ... Crops fail, farmer kills self. Can't pay a loan? Suicide. Sounds like cheap Indian nurses aren't the way to go.

by Anonymousreply 3112/14/2012

His heart surely is breaking.

by Anonymousreply 3212/14/2012

I do not blame the Australian radio DJ's there is no way they could have foreseen this. Out of the two nurses she was the least to blame as she only put the call through, she did not provide them with any information.

I cannot believe that some idiots believe they should be extradicted to the UK and tried for manslaughter. That is just nuts.

I think the radio station has handled the situation very well. The two DJ have apologised profusely, they have show a lot of remorse which I think it genuine. The radio station has donated advertsing money. Yet we have heard abolutely nothing from the hospital.

I have no doubt that the Palace let rip on the hospital and the hospital let rip on the nurse. Heads were most certainly going to roll over this.

I don't undertang why she was living in staff quarters in London when her family were living in a £200,000.00 house in Bristol.

Finally, I don't get what the fuck Keith Vaz MP is doing sticking his nose in , the man loves the sound of his own voice and a photo opportunity. He is not even their local MP.

by Anonymousreply 3312/14/2012

[quote] I don't undertang why she was living in staff quarters in London

Apparently Nurses are housed in the UK the same way Firemen are housed at Fire Stations.

On call for any emergencies.

by Anonymousreply 3412/14/2012

Well, I'm sure if the woman who killed herself was Jewish and the prank involved mocking Judaism, he would've had a different reaction.

by Anonymousreply 3512/14/2012

Howard Stern's show, careeer, millions, is all based on insults, bullying and humiliation. Of course he will side with the djs and their "prank." He had his own bullying interview with Dana Plato - and she committed suicide the next day.

by Anonymousreply 3612/14/2012

The idea that it's someone's fault if they dare to have personal problems, then get pushed over the edge by a mean prank, is ridiculous. There are people all over the place every day that have serious problems we don't know about. Does Howard Stern really think the vast majority of people have no problems at all, and the ones who do deserve whatever abuse some asshole can give them? Fuck him.

There's such a thing as having personal responsibility. If you don't do mean things to people for your own personal amusement, you won't have to regret it later. All bullies claim it's the other person's fault for getting upset, they were just having fun. This is no different. Call those DJ's "bullies" and read the story again, and what do you get? Assholes pushed a teetering woman over the edge. Not so funny now, is it?

by Anonymousreply 3712/14/2012

Howard Stern and his fanbase are the dirty, diseased, un wiped assholes of society.

He's a 60 something year old man who verbally masturbates over the airwaves to hookers and strippers, caters to the lowest bottom feeders of American society and he claims this nurse had issues? MARY!

by Anonymousreply 3812/14/2012

You just know R21 sticks her finger in her ass and sniffs her own shit several times per day.

by Anonymousreply 3912/14/2012

@ R34 Bristol is a long way from London.

by Anonymousreply 4012/14/2012

You know damn well if the hospital pressured that woman to resign, or gave her a hard time, they would NEVER admit it now. Never. The next thing they can expect is a lawsuit. The idea that the hospital can be believed is ridiculous. Of course they did.

She was a middle aged woman, probably if she left the hospital it would be very difficult to find another job within the same system. That could have been the end of her career, certainly the end of her seniority at that hospital and if she was in an emotionally precarious position, the end of her support network of coworkers and friends. That's a big deal to a person with depression.

It's unreasonable to think we know all about the challenges of every single random stranger on earth. That's why you don't piss on other people's jobs for fun.

by Anonymousreply 4112/14/2012

[quote]Howard Stern and his fanbase are the dirty, diseased, un wiped assholes of society.

Someone call the whambulence for r38!!!

by Anonymousreply 4212/14/2012
Need more help? Click Here.