Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Prediction: Hillary Clinton will NOT run for President in 2016.

Bill looks and sounds like he has one foot in the grave.

If he dies, I think Hillary will be too devastated to continue in politics.

by Anonymousreply 7212/12/2012

He looked great at the DNC.

You're very early, concern queen.

by Anonymousreply 112/12/2012

[quote] I think Hillary will be too devastated to continue in politics.

You naive fucking nelly moron.

by Anonymousreply 212/12/2012

Well he did have a bypass, and it wouldn't be that surprising if he didn't make it another 4 yrs. Not that I care if Hillary runs or not, but she would be less likely to. Plus people really want Bill around if Hillary is elected, to be her top adviser, so his death might diminish her electability.

by Anonymousreply 312/12/2012

She is one of the hardest working people, male or female, in politics and honestly, it may be affecting her health.

I would love to see her run although I think she is a crook. I'm tired of the Clintons, Bushes and Kennedys.

I do respect her tremendous work ethic and think she does have good will for the American public.

by Anonymousreply 412/12/2012

You forgot to add "this doesn't look good" and "I may have to move to Canada".

by Anonymousreply 512/12/2012

Bullshit r3. Hillary has proven that she can stand on her own with our without Bill. I love Bill Clinton. Many of you Obama supporters hated him and called him a racist during the 2008 Primary, but he has always been a stand up guy to me. With Bill around, he will be her most fierce ally and a great help to her campaign.

But Hillary is her own woman. In the '90s, she was vilified by the right (and even from the left). They insulted her when she ran for Senator. After 2008 everyone thought her political career was done with.

Here we are in 2012 and she is the most viable candidate for 2016. She's popular both with the Republican and Democratic voters. If she decides to run, it will not be about Bill Clinton. It will be about her experience, skill and leadership.

by Anonymousreply 612/12/2012

Kenutcky U.S President *Public Policy Polling

Hillary Clinton 47% Rand Paul 42% Hillary Clinton 48% Marco Rubio 40%

by Anonymousreply 712/12/2012

Actually I favored Hillary in '08, r6. The reason I don't care if she runs in '16, is because it'd be nice if we had someone other than a DNC centrist be president. You know, so the middle-class doesn't get destroyed for good. Otherwise I really don't care which Republican-lite gets the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 812/12/2012

You already have a DNC centrist as a President, r8. His name is Barack Obama. Under him, the middle class has suffered greatly.

Bill Clinton was a centrist and the middle class flourished. Instead of labels, try looking at their policies. Being far left or far right ideologically isn't always good for the country. In terms of social and environmental policies, liberal all the way. In terms of economic and fiscal responsibility, we should be moderate.

by Anonymousreply 912/12/2012

Bill and Hillary both look like shit these days. I don't mean just aging or in need of some cosmetic freshening up, but actually ill.

by Anonymousreply 1012/12/2012

What's the alternative to Clinton, Andrew Cuomo? He's way more of a centrist, DLC type than Hillary ever was. Hillary is really the only hope to hold the White House after Dems being there for 8 years. I don't think Cuomo, super ethnic New Yorker, can appeal to enough people.

by Anonymousreply 1112/12/2012

She is needed to beat Jeb.

by Anonymousreply 1212/12/2012

Prediction: OP will be diagnosed with dementia at her next check-up.

by Anonymousreply 1312/12/2012

[quote] I love Bill Clinton. Many of you Obama supporters hated him and called him a racist during the 2008 Primary

Never happened.

by Anonymousreply 1412/12/2012

Jeb is a fantasy figure R12.

by Anonymousreply 1512/12/2012

Why Hillary can't win is because of her ties to Monsanto.

And Walmart.

She's made some very bad decisions early on in her career and it will haunt her.

by Anonymousreply 1712/12/2012

Get real, R17.

Do you honestly think fat-assed, uneducated, Wal-Mart shoppin' middle America will hold any of that against her?

It won't matter in the slightest.

by Anonymousreply 1812/12/2012

I hope she runs, she is a progressive at her core but unfortunately you can't be in politics without selling out. Our Government is owned by the corporatists. The genie is out of the bottle get our of your fantasy land. It is sad but true. She definitely needs to take a couple of years off, lose some weight get a half face lift with some eye work and come back strong in 2016. If Bill dies, it actually will work to her advantage.

by Anonymousreply 1912/12/2012

R18, no, the fat-assed Walmart drones won't vote for her because she is an educated woman.

Hillary does not have their vote anyway.

The educated public will not vote for her because of her work with Walmart and Monsanto.

The conspiracy theorists will not vote for her because of Vince Foster.

But she will get the Latino vote.

by Anonymousreply 2012/12/2012

Bullshit R19, in 2008 nobody cared about it, and nobody voter for Obama because of Monsanto and WalMart. It had more to do with the Iraq war vote.

by Anonymousreply 2112/12/2012

Elizabeth Warren for 2016!

by Anonymousreply 2212/12/2012

really r14? It happened and you know it. From big name supporters like Clyburn to grassroot Obama supporters. Since Bill Clinton was "the first black President" and at the early stage in the primary, African-Americans were supporting Hillary, team Obama had to pull the black voters away. Hillary was also called a racist for daring to say that it took LBJ and political might to end segregation.

You can do a google search all you want. I know this because 2008 was only 4 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 2312/12/2012

Prediction: OP will run back to Freerepublic and tell all his bigot pals how he pulled a fast one on DL, and then will submit a reimbursement request to the GOP for the $18 it cost to register here, only to be told by his masters he's not getting his money back.

by Anonymousreply 2412/12/2012

Hillary = "Old War Hag"

by Anonymousreply 2512/12/2012

She will be too old in 2016, and so will VicePresident Biden. If the Democrats intend to hold the White House in 2016, they need to settle on someone who will be 40 to 60 years old, a lot of successful, non-controversial political experience, and annoint such a person early, rather than have a Democrat bloodbath before they even face the Republicans. Personally I am a Libertarian, but I find the D's less evil than the R's so I hope they get their act together. Unusual to have a lot of success in a second term, and unusual for the White House not to go to the opposite party after a two term presidency.

by Anonymousreply 2612/12/2012

R21, people care about Monsanto now, and it was in issue for many in 2008.

I wonder about Hillary--I want to think of her as a great person who is trying to improve the country. Her family goes way back and came out of poverty. I repect her fantastic work ethic (does she ever take a vacation?) and regard her as highly intelligent.

But did she know what she was doing with Monsanto? Why did she vote for the war? Didn't she know about Walmart and their destructive practices?

Maybe she is naive about things. Or maybe she plays the gam eot get ahead. Or maybe she's just another crook.

The point is, is that I can't really put my finger on it and therefore cannot support her.

by Anonymousreply 2712/12/2012

Are you serious, OP?

With Bill gone, Hillary would be like her idol Eleanor Roosevelt after FDR's death . . . carrying on and even flourishing.

by Anonymousreply 2812/12/2012

How stupid are you r27? When Hillary was on the board of Walmart, it was the '80s and basically a regional store. It was not the giant it is today.

Michelle Obama worked on the board of Treehouse which is a subsidiary of Walmart in 2008. When the Obama campaign decided to attack Hillary for being the first woman on Walmart's board, they forgot to mention Michelle's connection. Soon after, Michelle resigned.

As for the war in Iraq, Obama was in the IL Senate when he denounced Iraq (like every other state senator whose vote didn't matter). When he became US Senator, he voted to fund the war year after year.

by Anonymousreply 2912/12/2012

If Hillary would just come out and say why defended Monsanto and why she was on the board of Walmart and clear the air she could walk away with the Presidency.

Who is advising her anyway?

Why doesn't she know that the public wants all of this addressed?

by Anonymousreply 3012/12/2012

But the pubic perception of her is one of a corporate insider, which Michelle does not have.

Hillary has poor, inept advisors. She needs Katherine Bigalow's Pr agent.

by Anonymousreply 3112/12/2012

Agree with R6 and R23. But I also agree that Hillary either won't run or won't get the nomination. She's very popular now and did a good job in the Senate as well. I'd gladly vote for her. But those senators couldn't wait to pull the rug out from under her in 2008, not to mention the Kennedys, who were threatened by the potential Clinton legacy. I suspect people will betray her this time, like they did last time, so I think Joe Biden or someone else will be brought forward to keep her out or they will sabotage her candidacy.

Also, I think those who oppose her just because her last name is Clinton are fools.

by Anonymousreply 3212/12/2012

Why does she need to defend herself for making her way into the corporate world again r30?

I'm sorry that you're such a loser who can't imagine that any company would hire you so you don't try, but that shouldn't really influence your views on people who are smart and ambitious.

by Anonymousreply 3312/12/2012

r30 maybe because Hillary has been around much longer and has been in the political spotlight for over 30 years? What's Michelle? First Lady for the past 3 years. An accomplished woman in her own right, but she has had a corporate past herself.

Are you seriously going to compare Michelle to Hillary?

by Anonymousreply 3412/12/2012

If we'd wanted Hillary we would have voted her in in 2008. The fact is that although they have their own personal fandoms, we're all tired of their neocon politics. Nobody wants her as Democratic front runner except the Repukes. And if she does muscle her way to the front of the line--and I hope she's not blinded enough by her own vainglory to do such a stupid thing--she'll go down in ignominious defeat just the way Romney did.

What we really want is Bernie Sanders, but we can't have him.

by Anonymousreply 3512/12/2012

R33, Monsanto's GMO foods are rotting your liver as we speak. If you don't understand the importance of food safety/quality in the year 2012 than I am speechless.

It is THE issue of our time.

by Anonymousreply 3612/12/2012

Sorry, the second sentence should have read "The fact is that although the Clintons have..."

by Anonymousreply 3712/12/2012

Hillary is so right-wing I'm surprised she has so many fans on Datalounge, but life is about surprises.

by Anonymousreply 3812/12/2012

Really, R4? " I'm tired of the Clintons, Bushes and Kennedys" which part of the peace and prosperity under Clinton did you not like? Or was it Teddy Kennedy's fight for equal rights and healthcare that tired you of him so? Now, everyone is tired of the Bushes, but it is self-evident why; but if you need a reason or two, think of Iraq and the financial meltdown wrought by his policies.

It's fine to oppose each, individually. Bill Clinton was no friend to the gay community. The Kennedys seem a bit too willing to cave on principle. But please, it all pales in comparison to what Bush and the republicans did to this nation.

Don't lump Hillary in with the rest of them.

That said, I don't think Hillary will run. She has publicly said that she thought 2008 was her only chance. She further has stated that while she could win the general, she can't win the primary. I think she sees that the next Democratic primary will be as bloody as the last Republican primary unless a real, clear leader emerges, and even then, the rabid rightwing will do everything they can to sew the seeds of discord, trying to make it as bad for the Democrats as they can. Think Selly Adelson will not donate big $ to whoever opposes the Democratic front runner? Think again. 2016 is going to make 2012 look like child's play.

by Anonymousreply 3912/12/2012

Oh, and R33, calling people losers is a favorite of right-wingers who, let's face it, would support Hillary's war policies and corporate whoredom.

Of course you like her.

And people who eat GMO shit-food are the real losers, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 4012/12/2012

President Frank Rich!

by Anonymousreply 4112/12/2012

If Hillary is rightwinger, thing so is Obama. If you're anti-right wing and you voted for Obama, then you did not vote on conviction.

Voting record suggest Hillay is progressive on social issues and pretty moderate on other issues. Hardly right-wing.

by Anonymousreply 4212/12/2012

Who will be our true Liberal front runner?

by Anonymousreply 4312/12/2012

r40 You're not only a loser, but a stupid one. I live in CA and not only voted against, but helped the YES on Prop. 37. It was the biggest issue for me on the ballot.

People have different points of views and early on in their career when they are trying to establish themselves, you go after the best corporate job you can get.

It does not disqualify someone for being intelligent and ambitious enough to work at Walmart. You judge someone by what they have done while being a public servant and Hillary has been a public for most of her life, straight out of law school.

by Anonymousreply 4512/12/2012

How is Hillary a crook? Please be specific poster from the first page.

As for corporate and special interest influence over politicians, I can name one politician in the US who does NOT have any connections- Mayor Bloomberg, and that is because he happens to be worth 20 billion and does not need the $- EVER.

Virtually every politician is beholden to someone or some interest- it is a matter of degree. Until there is huge reform on K sSreet and the recent Supreme Court ruling is overturned, it is going to continue and get even worse.

Hell, even Ralph Nader was totally owned by the Trial Lawyer's association (cannot remember what they are called.) He would have no part of no fault auto insurance reform in CA in the 1990s due to that little ditty. Nader was and is a hypocrit, but that is another issue.

by Anonymousreply 4612/12/2012

I don't agree that either of the Clintons' health is in jeopardy.

Bill is on one of those medically-endorsed vegan diets, and everyone looks horrible who eats that way. We're used to seeing him with some fat cells.

I think Hillary is just plain tired from all the SOS traveling and stress. She'll take a nice, long rest now and soon she'll look good as new soon enough with a new hairstyle and maybe a little surgical freshening up.

However, I tend to agree she won't run for President again.

by Anonymousreply 4712/12/2012

You mean she'll be dancing on the grave!

by Anonymousreply 4912/12/2012

Are you kidding, OP?

Bitch, please.

If anything, it will add fuel to the fire. She'll be unstoppable. A widower? Fantastic. She'll accept the nomination by saying "I am Mrs. Bill Clinton." The country will cream itself.

by Anonymousreply 5012/12/2012

People who hate the Clintons are usually fools who want someone better.

Fact: The Clintons are the best Democrats will ever get after Obama.

If you voted for Obama in 08 and this year, you'd better hope like HELL that Hillary runs in '16. Because the Republicans are going to be ready to kill in 4 years, and they won't fuck with the Clintons.

They're the only dems with balls. And if they're political, so are all politicians. Get over it and suck it up and hope she runs. Because there's no better solution.

by Anonymousreply 5112/12/2012

And of course the 400 pound gorilla in the room is that she stayed with a man who openly cheated on her.

Yeah, that's real feminist and progressive!

Such a great role model to young women, that Hillary "GMO" Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 5312/12/2012

Devastated? I doubt it. Not to mention that his dying wish will be for her to become president.

by Anonymousreply 5412/12/2012

Click trolldar on r48 and watch this thread light up like a meteor shower.

by Anonymousreply 5512/12/2012

Where did this Monsanto troll come from all of a sudden? Newsflash the majority of Americans don't know shit about Monsanto and what they do. To say that voters would be turned off based on an affiliation with Monsanto is stupid. We couldn't even pass a GMO labeling initiative out her in California.

Clinton may have her handicaps but Monsanto isn't one of them (for the general population).

That said, she's probably right that she wouldn't be able to win the nomination during the primaries. People like the Monsanto troll would vote for someone who has no chance in the general election and give the White House back to the Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 5612/12/2012

[quote] And of course the 400 pound gorilla in the room is that she stayed with a man who openly cheated on her.

No pride at all. That's a luxury a woman in love can't afford.

by Anonymousreply 5712/12/2012

R56's liver is disintegrating due to last night's consumption of a bowl of Captain Crunch with a Twinkie chaser.

by Anonymousreply 5812/12/2012

Has anyone here herd of the Georgia Guidestones?

These are two mysterious stone structures that state the plan to destroy half of the world's population. It doesn't say how this will happen, only that it is a necessary and good thing.

Bear with me please:

Hillary + Monsanto + GMO food + Bill Clinton's Nafta= world population reduction.

Georgia is very close to Arkansas, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 5912/12/2012

I see that Kaiser Permanente has issued a warning about GMO's, so not all corporations are evil, of course.

by Anonymousreply 6012/12/2012

R58, even Mother Jones reported that there are no more Twinkies. You should read more before you go off like this.

BTW, Clinton and Albright handled the Yugoslav situation perfectly within the political world in which they operated.

by Anonymousreply 6112/12/2012

Does anyone remember the 60 minutes interview with Candidate Clinton? The one where Hilary stated that she was "not a cookie making, stand by your man kind of woman"?

Yet that is exactly what she did, she stood by "her man" because it furthered her political career. She made a deal with the devil and now it should be coming back to haunt her.

She is a liar through and through. Just like Bill.

by Anonymousreply 6212/12/2012

R 62 well said. I think that she is starting to look like a big old dyke actually.She is so charmless that came out when Obama beat her big fat butt in the primaries.

by Anonymousreply 6312/12/2012

r62, it's not Hillary's fault that the American public is so puerile and childish that they do not react favorably to politicians, especially female politicians, eschewing the ridiculous and small minded "moral" parameters American society falsely constructs as normal and trustworthy. If Hillary had not stuck by her man and had gotten a divorce and tried to run for political office as a single woman she would have faced scorn. Scorn that politicians in other countries don't have to face.

Your anger, if it's legitimate, should be directed towards the American public for putting politicians in that position.

by Anonymousreply 6412/12/2012

R62 here. My anger is directed at a person who insulted woman everywhere with her in-your-face fuckoff attitude. I would have respected her more and voted for her if she had stood up to Bill and left him flat. That would have taken more courage. Instead she became the joke, and I thought she had more dignity than that.

by Anonymousreply 6512/12/2012

I have no idea if she'll run or what the situation will be in four years but right now she'd destroy any Repub opponent. She's the most popular politician of any party. The fact that she's leading in a red state like Kentucky (where no Dem has won in years) is evidence of that.

The Clintons lead separate lives. Isn't that pretty obvious.

by Anonymousreply 6612/12/2012

2016: both tickets will have a woman ...

It will look like this: Clinton/Cuomo vs Bush/Martinez.

by Anonymousreply 6712/12/2012

R53, posters often discuss their open relationships on DL. It's odd that you would use being cheated on against anyone.

Insiders at the time said that she was not upset at him for cheating, so that's probably not something that's not allowed in their marriage. What she was upset about was his lack of discretion and the fact that he brought shame and embarrassment upon Chelsea and her.

One of the rules in open relationships has always been discretion. You don't allow your outside affairs to cause problems in your primary relationship.

by Anonymousreply 6812/12/2012

Bill's death would galvanize her, spurring her on to run. So, uhh, quite the opposite, OP.

by Anonymousreply 6912/12/2012

You kids need to get outside and get some fresh air. Mother needs to watch her stories.

by Anonymousreply 7012/12/2012

I see two scenarios, and neither one is good for Hillary. I think Hillary realizes this, which is why she won't run in 2016.

Scenario one: Obama's 2nd term is a dud, and Democrats know they're going to lose in 2016. If that's the case, people like Schweitzer, Cuomo, Gillibrand, etc., will wait until 2020. Hillary would get the nomination because "it's her turn" but would lose the election. This is similar to the GOP's situation this year. A lot of potential GOP contenders sat out this year because they knew Obama would be re-elected, so the GOP nominated Romney because it was "his turn." See also: Dole in 1996.

Scenario two: Obama's 2nd term is a big success, and the Democrats know they can win again in 2016. In this case, expect a nasty primary fight as any Democrat who thinks they have even a remote shot at winning the nomination enters the ring. In this situation, Hillary is likely to be seen as yesterday's news in a sea full of fresh, new faces. Expect a repeat of 2008 as "experienced" Hillary loses the nomination to a younger, more exciting up-and-comer.

by Anonymousreply 7112/12/2012

[r71] Will Sigourney Weave star in either of those?

by Anonymousreply 7212/12/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!