Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Russell Crowe is quietly dating Billy Joel’s ex-wife Katie Lee

There are some photos of Russell Crowe at last night’s NYC premiere of Les Miserables at the link. Is it just me or does Russell look pretty good? I don’t like his (lack of) hair, but the suit looks great on him, I’m glad he went without a tie, and he just seems… relaxed…? Like, Russell is usually so grumpy and he always seemed kind of arrogant and douchey. But for the Les Mis promotion, all of the other actors keep talking about how nice he is and how supportive he was of the cast, and he just seems to be a lot softer these days. Cuddly!

Maybe it has something to do with his split from Danielle Spencer? She (publicly) dumped him in October, and I’m surprised that Crowe hasn’t had much to say about it, and I’m surprised that he hasn’t already picked up some hot young blonde jumpoff. But now Page Six claims that Crowe was seen getting “cuddly” with Billy Joel’s (William Joel!) ex-wife Katie Lee. Well, we know she likes old dudes.

Russell Crowe has been spending time with foxy foodie Katie Lee in the wake of his split from Danielle Spencer.

Sources spotted Crowe and Billy Joel’s pretty brunette ex cuddling in front of a romantic fireplace in the Drawing Room of the Greenwich Hotel at 3 a.m. Sunday morning.

“They seemed to be in an intense flirtatious conversation,” the spy told us exclusively, adding, “They looked really into each other.” Lee was seen at the hotel later in the day: “Katie was still at the hotel Sunday afternoon,” our spy said. “She was seen with Crowe at the same fireplace at about 2 p.m.”

Crowe is in town filming “A Winter’s Tale” with Colin Farrell. A source close to the project tells us, “Katie has been seen around with Russell,” but the two have just been seeing each other casually. Lee, 31, who split with Joel after five years of marriage in 2009 and won a massively generous payout, was also at Joe’s Pub on Saturday to watch Crowe, 48, perform with an all-star crowd.

[From Page Six]

I can’t believe Katie Lee is only 31 and she’s already been married and divorced to Billy Joel and now she’s going after Crowe?! I’m strangely impressed. I also think it’s interesting that Russell would go for a brunette – isn’t he “all blondes, all the time”? Hmm. Anyway, it’s nothing scandalous or anything – both of them are single and while the age difference is interesting, at least he’s dating a woman in her 30s. I consider that a victory

by Anonymousreply 2612/13/2012

His face looks different. Is it his nose?

I wonder if she would ever date anyone not rich/connected to celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 112/11/2012

What a doofus face.

by Anonymousreply 212/11/2012

How did his wife publicly dump him? Didn't they just announce it?

by Anonymousreply 312/11/2012

He must enjoy women with no personality if her performance on Top Chef Season 1 is any indication.

by Anonymousreply 412/12/2012

He's not dating her for her personality obviously.

by Anonymousreply 512/12/2012

Isn't she awfully young? If Top Chef was anything to go by she's not very bright either.

by Anonymousreply 612/12/2012

She's an old-fashioned gold digger from Huntington, West Virginia.

by Anonymousreply 712/12/2012

Katie must have daddy issues. First up Billy Joel and his alcoholism and now anger management headcase Crowe.

by Anonymousreply 812/12/2012

Why is anyone surprised - she's a fame climbing gold digger like his soon to be ex-wife. Men are idiots.

by Anonymousreply 912/12/2012

I thought the DL verdict was Crowe was on the DL, and the women are beards.

I remember hearing consistent, reasonable sounding gossip here over the years about it.

Any Aussie DLers know?

by Anonymousreply 1012/12/2012

Well, he doesn't waste any time, huh?

by Anonymousreply 1112/12/2012

He's shooting a film with Colin Farrell? That should make for an interesting set. Farrell is supposedly sober, right? I hope Crowe doesn't try to enlist him as a drinking buddy.

by Anonymousreply 1212/12/2012

He looks like a garden gnome in those pics.

by Anonymousreply 1312/12/2012

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1412/12/2012

[quote]I thought the DL verdict was Crowe was on the DL, and the women are beards.

That was before he got fat.

by Anonymousreply 1512/12/2012

r9 - Isn't his ex an actor who he'd known for a long time? If she's a gold-digger, she sure put in some hard yards.

by Anonymousreply 1612/12/2012

It's the Aussie guys for you. They can look like a fat drunken pig but still get a hot chick. She must really be desperate ... LOL I can't believe they cast him over Javier Bardem in Dark Tower. I can' believe they still cast him at all.

by Anonymousreply 1712/12/2012

Crowe's wife dumped him? I had no idea.

Oh, well. He married Spencer while on the rebound from Meg Ryan, didn't he. At least, iirc, that's how I remember it.

by Anonymousreply 1812/13/2012

I'm quietly not giving a shit who anyone involved dates or whether they're dead or alive.

by Anonymousreply 1912/13/2012

Is "quietly dating" the new bearding?

by Anonymousreply 2012/13/2012

"But for the Les Mis promotion, all of the other actors keep talking about how nice he is and how supportive he was of the cast"

I wonder if that's true, and if so, why?

Maybe his agent read him the riot act, told him to play nice if he ever wanted to work again.

by Anonymousreply 2112/13/2012

"Why is anyone surprised - she's a fame climbing gold digger like his soon to be ex-wife. Men are idiots"

I'm not saying Crowe is smart, but idiocy isn't the only reason people get with gold-diggers.

Some people like a relationship where they don't have to contribute anything but money. All they have to do is give their gold-digger a credit card, and the gold-digger spends all day and all night trying to please them, even if they're the most obnoxious self-absorbed asshole in the world. Like, you know, Crowe.

by Anonymousreply 2212/13/2012

This thread has some of the funniest comments I've read in a long time. The link at Celebitchy is also very funny. Someone referred to Gwyneth Paltrow's lady parts as her gootch. goop+cootch.

by Anonymousreply 2312/13/2012

He's still fat--I thought he had lost all sorts of weight recently.

And all that alcohol and those ciggies have really taken a toll on his face--yeesh.

by Anonymousreply 2412/13/2012

[quote]I thought the DL verdict was Crowe was on the DL, and the women are beards.

That's never been the case. You're misremembering.

by Anonymousreply 2512/13/2012

[quote] Oh, well. He married Spencer while on the rebound from Meg Ryan, didn't he. At least, iirc, that's how I remember it.

Sort of. He was dating Spencer when he met and started dating Meg Ryan. He went back to Spencer after his relationship with Meg broke up

by Anonymousreply 2612/13/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!