Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Walk-In Closet or Smallest Room? Which do you use to hang your clothes

Would be interested to know what guys use, especially those who are partnered.

by Anonymousreply 3703/09/2015

F

by Anonymousreply 112/11/2012

i remodeled a small room into a walk in closet. added shelves, rods, and dividers.

by Anonymousreply 212/11/2012

i use my second bedroom as a closet. I have rolling clothing racks. My closets are empty.

by Anonymousreply 312/11/2012

[quote] rolling clothing racks?

Do you have enough clothes where you could open up a second hand clothing store?

by Anonymousreply 412/11/2012

I have a shelf in the walk-in closet of my younger brother's one-bedroom apartment, where I sleep on the couch.

Where would that place?

by Anonymousreply 512/11/2012

Our house is [italic]very[/italic] old, built in the 1820s, and has comically little closet space. The spare back bedroom has become our walk-in closet/pantry (clothes, bottled water, paper products, etc.). It's also a winter plant sanctuary.

by Anonymousreply 612/11/2012

I want a walk in closet, wet bar, and French doors

by Anonymousreply 712/11/2012

Each bedroom has a gorgeous antique armoire.

Not having hoards of unworn clothing, they are quite adequate for our wardrobe needs.

by Anonymousreply 812/11/2012

My house was built in 1929 but is pretty much the same as r6 describes. I do the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 912/11/2012

I have a cute locker at the bus station. Toilet right next door.

by Anonymousreply 1012/11/2012

I turned my walk-in closet into a walk-in freezer, and keep my clothes in a drawer under the stairs.

by Anonymousreply 1112/12/2012

That is strange R11

by Anonymousreply 1212/12/2012

One day I would love to have a walk in closet! Living in NYC I thought I was lucky that I actually have 5 closets in my apartment but when I visit the suburbs and see how much space people have I am truly envious.

by Anonymousreply 1312/12/2012

One reason I took this apartment is that although it's rather small, it has both a 12-foot closet and an 8x8' storeroom, as well as lots of cabinet space.

Finally, enough storage! MORE than enough!

by Anonymousreply 1412/12/2012

anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 1501/17/2013

I have an ordinary closet.

by Anonymousreply 1601/17/2013

OP, why do you assume we all have an extra room to use as a closet? Or that walk-in closets are standard?

I use the closet in my bedroom. It's only "walk-in" for my cat. The rest of my clothes are stored in the laundry room or the other bedroom, but we use that as an office and storage is tight in there.

by Anonymousreply 1701/17/2013

I'm a blue collar man who does not get involved with women, and I don't hang my clothes. I sort clothes for the laundry as I take them off. Socks in one basket, jockey shorts in another basket, blue jeans in another one, and shirts in yet another. I wash each category separately, and when I take them out of the dryer, I just pile them in the proper dresser drawer without even folding them. I have one more category of newest and best jeans and shirts, and I just leave them in a basket on top of the dryer, and if I go to a funeral or somewhere where I want to look a little less like the slouchy bachelor which I am, then I run my best wranglers and shirt in the dryer for a few minutes to get them less wrinkled.

by Anonymousreply 1801/17/2013

[quote]Each bedroom has a gorgeous antique armoire.

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 1901/17/2013

[quote] The rest of my clothes are stored in the laundry room or the other bedroom

Which answers the question. You use another room to hang your clothes, and thus do not have a walk in closet.

Was that so hard?

by Anonymousreply 2001/17/2013

We also have Armoires (actually Kleiderschrank) for our clothing.

by Anonymousreply 2101/17/2013

Why are you all assuming we're clotheshorses and can afford to use a spare room for our clothes or a walk-in closet? they are not standard in all houses or apartments in all cities.

by Anonymousreply 2201/17/2013

R22 don't you watch HGTV?

by Anonymousreply 2301/17/2013

Closet, but not walk-in; 6 drawer chest; wall unit custom designed with a host of drawers and doors.

by Anonymousreply 2401/17/2013

[quote] One day I would love to have a walk in closet! Living in NYC I thought I was lucky that I actually have 5 closets in my apartment but when I visit the suburbs and see how much space people have I am truly envious

I had SO MUCH more closet space on the city than in my house. It didn't bother me at first because we didn't live fulltime in the house and had 3 bedrooms. Then my partner insisted we had to adopt and the kid insisted he couldn't live in the city. I'm now banished to the third bedroom because I snore. Clothes are put into boxes in the basement, where they get lost.

There are no first floor closets at all. No coat closet, no linen closet, nothing. The second story has a tiny closet in each bedroom. No linen closet, no bathroom closet, no hall closet. The house was built in... wait for it... 1992.

by Anonymousreply 2501/17/2013

So strange r25

So many of these home renovation shows have houses with practically no storage space built in.

What were these architects thinking when they made plans originally?

by Anonymousreply 2601/17/2013

Anyone having problems posting?

by Anonymousreply 2701/19/2013

Every time I watch these renovation shows every single gay male couple always turn a single room into a walk-in closet/dressing room.

What is wrong with getting dressed in the bedroom. Why do you need a separate dressing room?

by Anonymousreply 2802/08/2013

Look at this gay couple's walk-in closet

WOW

by Anonymousreply 2903/16/2013

I want to blow r18 in his jockeys.

by Anonymousreply 3103/16/2013

Small room that doubles as a dressing room

by Anonymousreply 3211/25/2013

Tansu chest for the foldable shit, living room closet for the hanging stuff, and a knock-down armoire for the linens. I use an old pie rack for the shoes. They all fit and air out nicely.

by Anonymousreply 3311/25/2013

[quote] I generally swap everything out twice a year, replacing my spring/summer wardrobe with fall/winter (and putting the rest in my storage unit in the building basement).

You have that much clothes?

by Anonymousreply 3406/27/2014

Or does anyone have any double closets?

by Anonymousreply 3512/21/2014

My stepmother literally has 3 walk-in closets full of clothes. She's stylish, but some of the stuff she doesn't even wear...

I think it's because she grew up poor and now that she has money she likes to have nice things.

by Anonymousreply 3612/21/2014

anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 3703/09/2015
Need more help? Click Here.