Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Hollywood Inner Circle

Which stars are gay and all of Hollywood knows it but keeps it from the public? Just like they protected Rock Hudson or Monty Clift or Kate Hepburn. Kenny Chesney? Will Smith? Adam Levine? Justin Timberlake? LL Cool J? Scott Caan? And why do they protect them and not others?

by Anonymousreply 1912/12/2012

Your question is moot, OP. The gay ones are weeded out before they have a chance to become even the least bit famous.

by Anonymousreply 112/11/2012

This isn't the 20's-90's anymore. Stars that choose to remain closeted have the means to keep that quiet through publicists and friends. Anyone who steps forward to forcibly out a celebrity is seen as a gold digger for profit. Travolta is over and no one cares if he is gay or not. Cruise and Will Smith could lose roles and lots of $$ so it's understandable that they may choose to remain closeted. They have already been established as "more macho" and that would hurt their "image". Maybe because I'm older but I see all younger actors and singers as being at least bisexual anyway. Younger men are softer, more "metro" and it seems that young women like that better anyway. It doesn't make any difference anymore (thankfully) and young stars coming out are not hurt as much as they would have been years ago.

by Anonymousreply 212/11/2012

That is such a generic wide question op. this whole site can answer your question person-by-person, if you believe everything you read.

by Anonymousreply 312/11/2012

Jamie Foxx is one.He is supposed to be a shameless queen, outed by Howard Stern and Superhead. Somehow if you're downlow and Black the whispers are rather muted. Same goes for Will Smith and Shemar Moore.

by Anonymousreply 412/11/2012

What makes you think Shemar Moore is gay, r4?

by Anonymousreply 512/11/2012

I need a hot muscle boy to fuck my hole

by Anonymousreply 612/11/2012

Powerful agencies, like WME or CAA plan out a young celeb's career. They get a Paul Walker/Chris Evans type. Hypothetically. They tell him they want to first establish him as an action hero, then sprinkle in a few rom coms and maybe a franchise.

Their main concern is that he earn. They get paid when he gets paid. His success enriches their coffers. He is "designed" to appeal to a very specific demographic. He has to bring butts to theatre seats.

If he's gay, they will squash that because it doesn't fit the plan. They can't get away with it now the way they did even ten years ago or fifteen years ago.

The point is, once they have an investment, once you are way out there on a limb as their macho action hero/romantic leading man type guy, they also design a narrative to flesh out your image and give you a public-private life.

You get a reputation as a ladies' man like a Gerard Butler or they hook you up with some high profile sexy young girls, so it'll kill your career if you come out. And I mean kill it. You'll become a pariah to every agent in town. You'll get frozen out of everything you want.

But since this is 2012, you can do what people like Adam Lambert or even Zachary Quinto have done and come out, the sooner the better. Right now, public opinion is on your side.

I think when the new, younger generation just comes out early in their career, they'll fare much better than someone who has developed an image, a reputation, and a career as a macho, hetero straight man.The suits don't like to feel betrayed.

by Anonymousreply 712/11/2012

You nailed it - one the best postings ever on the DL, thank you. You know the business.

by Anonymousreply 812/11/2012

[quote]He said when he played a salve in a film its great because he gets to kill white people in the film!

What did he do, unguent them to death?

by Anonymousreply 1012/11/2012

I take your point R9. I didn't want to listen to Miles Davis as much after I read what he said he'd do if he had one day to live ("kill a white man"). But I imagine living with the emotional baggage of making a movie like DJANGO might give me an expressible amount of hate for white men.

by Anonymousreply 1112/11/2012

Jamie is definitely an ass, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt on those comments because I contextualized them. If you think about it in terms of Hollywood and movies, Blacks have been stereotyped to death in film for decades, usually humiliated, killed off, patronized, insulted, and ridiculed. So in Django, there are a lot of reverse situations and a lot of humor. I'm looking forward to seeing it. Would love to see a "Django" about gay people.

by Anonymousreply 1212/12/2012

What makes you think Shemar Moore is gay, R4

I'm not R4, but the young man was photographed nude at a beach where homosexuals are known to congregate and socialize, a so-called "gay beach" I can recommend looking at those pictures.

Also, for some unknown reason, the best-looking men in the world are likely to be homosexual, and Mr. Moore happens to be extremely beautiful.

And he also has a demeanor, personality traits, a way about him, which is stereotypically associated with male homosexuals.

I have never seen him engaged in sexual activity with anybody, male or female. But he is not being accused of a crime, it is simply being speculated that he is of a homosexual nature. No eyewitness is needed.

by Anonymousreply 1312/12/2012

There were also some linked photos on this site of Shemar with an older White guy in an apartment or hotel room hugging him and being affectionate. I believe the older man was said to be his partner.

by Anonymousreply 1412/12/2012

R1 I disagree. Just look at Luke Evans, Lee Pace and Richard Armitage.

by Anonymousreply 1512/12/2012

Jamie Foxx is a racist idiot, so are the talentless Kenye West, Jay-Z, and Diddy. Hate them all. And I won't support another homophobic Quentin Tarentino film. He sucks.

by Anonymousreply 1612/12/2012

R9 You're a fucking freeper. Downlow Jaime was joking. How could you have taken his bullshit seriously? You sound like a right wing reactionary. You probably even voted for Romney.Go creep back into Gay Log Cabin please.And what is a salve? Learn how to spell you Limbaugh loving queen.

Big Fat Queer thanks for that. She-mar is gay.He really is a gorgeous guy and he is white friendly....he's half white right?

by Anonymousreply 1712/12/2012

Zachary Quinto had to come out cuz nobody was talking about him anymore, and this vein puke would do anything for attention. Pomposity of his calibur is rarely matched, which is laughable for such a so-so actor with according looks. The way he played gay in American Horror Story was just window into what a self-obsessed queen he actually is. Besides, why is this d-lister mentioned in a thread about Hollywood's inner circle? Quinto couldn't give away blow in the bushes.

by Anonymousreply 1812/12/2012

I wish Kevin Spacey would just fucking come out. Everyone already knows he's gay, so just confirm it. It's not like he has this public image as a macho sexy ladies' man.

by Anonymousreply 1912/12/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!