Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Describe your bed

Type, size, color, and if you like it. I'm going shopping for a new one in January.

by Anonymousreply 5812/18/2012

I got a platform bed and I regret it. I keep bumping into the edge, the mattress slides and certain positions must now be relocated to the living room

by Anonymousreply 112/11/2012

This thread represents a new low for Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 212/11/2012

It's full of jizz stains.

by Anonymousreply 312/11/2012

Because the thread on where you hang your clothes is so scintillating R2. Queen, please.

by Anonymousreply 412/11/2012

I like low beds. Does anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 512/11/2012

Just got a new memory foam mattress. It's surprisingly not very comfortable. :-(

by Anonymousreply 612/11/2012

Yes, but you will remember it is not comfortable!

by Anonymousreply 712/11/2012

Got a sleep number mattress last year. I slept in a friend's bed several times and decided to go for it. My back and neck have never felt better. I also invested in an orthopaedic pillow made for side sleepers.

Oh, and my sheets are very soft spa blue linen. Lovely comforter and pillows in sea colors.

by Anonymousreply 812/11/2012

Forgot to mention, king size. If you have overnight company, you must get a roomy bed.

by Anonymousreply 912/11/2012

Serta Perfect Sleeper

by Anonymousreply 1012/11/2012

I'd like pink silk satin sheets like a '30s lady, but I fear slippage.

by Anonymousreply 1112/11/2012

[quote] If you have overnight company, you must get a roomy bed.

As with the assumed need to reheat turkey meatballs for their breakfast, that is an expensive fallacy.

by Anonymousreply 1212/11/2012

Box springs, mattress.

by Anonymousreply 1312/11/2012

Platform bed, 4 inch memory foam topper. White Malm from IKEA. I love the edge. I can set my TUMS and mini baby powder bottle on it, and a couple of remote controls.

Plus my big cat likes to sit crosswise at the edge of the bed and prop his paws on the edge. He can sit like that for an hour.

And yes, I like low beds, R5.

by Anonymousreply 1412/11/2012

Low enough for the old dog to climb up on. It's one of the last Pottery Barn mattresses and they shipped it for free. You can't flip it, so I vacuum the shit out of it every month.

It was a good addiction for a while; I bought a few 100% linen sheet sets, comforter sets, quilt sets, etc. for a few years before it wore off.

The old dog is wagging her tail besides me as I type. She loves it.

by Anonymousreply 1512/11/2012

IKEA's least expensive (but sturdy) wood bedframe with their midrange latex mattress and slats. It's actually sort of heavenly.

by Anonymousreply 1612/11/2012

I have a high platform bed with an awning, and my setting is Victorian. It is Opulence, with a touch of the Orient. I have a lovely vintage floor lamp that gives off a golden glow, a comfy armchair,tufted leather, deep burgundy. Heavy dusty gold satin drapes. My bedroom is my sanctuary. My bed is covered with plump pillows and I have my books and magazines an armslength away, and a lace to set my laptop. No TV in the bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 1712/11/2012

OP, I think it's wise to do some research about beds and invest in a good one because you spend half your life on and nothing's better than a good nights sleep.

I didnt do enough research because i couldnt stand to sleep on my old bed anymore--it was killing my back. I bought a King size bed for $3000 about 4 years ago made by, Four Seasons. I tried it in the store, it felt so comfortable and just enough support for my back. About a month after I got it, it started to get very lumpy and when I wanted to return it, it was too late, the store closed down. It's comfortable enough and gives me enough support for my back but there are already big indentations where I sleep so I have to turn the mattress around monthly.

I could have gotten a Temperpedic but I read too many reviews of the strong plastic smell and complaints about the mattress becoming soft. However, a couple of my friends love their Temperpedic.

by Anonymousreply 1812/11/2012

you will not spend half your ife on said mattress because you will need to replace it again in a number of years. but that said, i'd recommend a memory foam (if you can afford it) i sleep very well on mine.

by Anonymousreply 1912/11/2012

refrigerator box on the sidewalk.

by Anonymousreply 2012/11/2012

My best bit of advice is to save money and buy a down-market Sleepys bed and pair it with a really comfortable top-market pillow top mattress cover. By doing this you can get the feel of a $2000 mattress at a quarter of the price.

by Anonymousreply 2112/11/2012

I bought a Bob Timberlake cherry sleigh bed about 10 years ago. It's a classic and will look great 100 years from now. It has A Joseph Aboud duvet set on it and looks stunning.

by Anonymousreply 2212/11/2012

Another Ikea latex mattress, high-end and I love it. All natural and it doesn't get hot.

by Anonymousreply 2312/11/2012

I thought memory foam gets an odor as it ages. I heard they get stinky.

by Anonymousreply 2412/11/2012

Memory foam has a chemical kind of odor when you first get it out of the plastic.

It goes away after 2-3 days. I've never noticed any smell from my memory foam topper and it is getting older. Maybe it depends what you spill in it.

by Anonymousreply 2512/11/2012

the one in the middle seems very Datalounge

by Anonymousreply 2612/11/2012

Har har! Qweeenie!

by Anonymousreply 2712/11/2012

Empty.

by Anonymousreply 2812/11/2012

Now, gals, make sure to use a 100% satin pillowcase so as not to mess up that 'do you spent your allowance on!

by Anonymousreply 2912/11/2012

Hastens. The best bed money can buy. Made from hand-woven horsehair fibers and state-of-the-art cushioning and springs, for a mere $48,000. Why settle for anything less?

Namaste.

by Anonymousreply 3012/11/2012

I need a bed that can sleep two comfortably. Any recs?

by Anonymousreply 3112/12/2012

OP has bed begs and is ashamed to admit how dirty he is.

by Anonymousreply 3212/12/2012

[quote]I thought memory foam gets an odor as it ages. I heard they get stinky.

No Anderson, that's because you don't wash your jeans.

by Anonymousreply 3312/12/2012

[quote]Just got a new memory foam mattress. It's surprisingly not very comfortable. :-(

The BF has one. I don't think it's that comfortable. It doesn't "conform" to my body and all that, but I sleep okay on it.

At my place, I have an 11 year old Spring Air King with a padded top. I tried four other mattresses before I settled on this one. It is the most comfortable mattress I've ever had, even after all this time.

by Anonymousreply 3412/12/2012

California King, four poster canopy. Silk sheets made from Hermes scarves. All situated in the center of a zen pool accessed by small foot bridge and surrounded by zen rock garden.

by Anonymousreply 3512/12/2012

Kluft box springs and mattress ($12,000), very comfy, and head board and bed frame from Design Within Reach ($1200). Simple, off white padded headboard and frame. All very nice. I hate getting out of bed these days.

by Anonymousreply 3712/12/2012

I have a low-profile platform bed with drawers and a storage headboard. I needed it when I lived in Manhattan. Now I don't but I still like the bed. Last week I bought a new flannel duvet cover and it's very cozy.

I got a Tempurpedic mattress about 7 years ago and I love it. Actually, I was just laying in bed this morning thinking how comfortable it still is after all these years. I have back and hip issues and there are no pressure points with this mattress. I used to wake up in pain, but not anymore. However, I love it for sleeping. For sex, not so much. It's too mushy and unstable.

by Anonymousreply 3812/12/2012

I like a firm mattress for my back but my partner, who is larger and heavier than I am, needs more cushion.

We need a bigger size for sure but I want to make sure we can get something that wont' sink down in the middle.

by Anonymousreply 3912/12/2012

Dark wood French provincial headboard to match my dresser and nightstand, box spring and mattress. Box spring, frame and headboard currently in storage, and the mattress is on the floor so my old dog can climb up on it and sleep with me.

by Anonymousreply 4012/12/2012

Black wooden frame, with headboard. Slats (very solid). Standard mattress. 90% feather, 10% down mattress topper.

Have never been warmer (in winter), cooler (in summer) or more comfortable.

Can't move the bed, however, too heavy and unless you slide it absolutely level the slats become dislodged!

by Anonymousreply 4112/12/2012

My partner and I recently bought a Serta icomfort foam bed and we're very happy with it. It's actually less expensive than the tempurpedic and has little or no smell. The mattress top is a memory foam gel which retains less heat than memory foam.

by Anonymousreply 4212/12/2012

Stearns and Foster.

WAY too firm.

by Anonymousreply 4312/12/2012

Four-poster cherry wood with canopy. I change the fabric each season - Christmas is flocked red velvet with a wealth of little birds. I have feather mattresses, and feather pillows - oodles and oodles of them - and the cats simply love snuggling up with me and sleeping on my feet and belly under the plush comforter?

My sheets have such a high thread count that technically they would protect me from the radiation if the Bomb fell nearby. Dacron, Ohio, does have proximity to several military bases and is therefore a target. And YUM, of course.

by Anonymousreply 4412/12/2012

I have a "Queen Superior" sized mattress and it's impossible to find sheets that fit. I have to use king size sheets, which aren't quite right. So get a king instead. Also, if you have pets a water-resistant mattress pad is a great thing to protect your mattress from pet stains. (Or even if you have a big shooter who spends the night sometimes.)

by Anonymousreply 4512/12/2012

Unoccupied.

by Anonymousreply 4612/12/2012

R45, the description of your cat-pee bed shared with heavily dripping tricks is enough to convince us you deserve to sleep on something called a Queen Superior.

by Anonymousreply 4712/12/2012

R47, you're so sweet. Never change. *kisses*

by Anonymousreply 4812/12/2012

I have a number of beds because of many bedrooms. I have a platform bed and just like someone else said I regularly hit my foot/leg on the frame, in fact, I just did 10 minutes ago and fell down! Plus, I don’t like it that low and I can’t store extra bedding or off season clothes under it because there’s not enough clearance. And of course it's impossible to move. So never again on that kind of bed frame. I have an off brand air mattress like the Sleep Number bed but not as good so I can’t comment on the Sleep Number bed except to say that the people I know who have them like them. I have a memory foam mattress but it’s too hard for me and it’s too hot. I have several standard mattresses that vary in firmness that are my favorites. The important thing when shopping for a mattress is to lie on them for at least 15 minutes in the store. Supposedly people who do that are the most satisfied with their purchase. It doesn't have to be extra firm to have good support. Also, check the edges of the mattress to see if it's reinforced all the way around so you can sit on it and use the whole surface. Of course, you can get advice on the minimum number of coils and the foam padding material online. Also, I know some people don't like the pillow tops because they think they break down faster.

by Anonymousreply 4912/14/2012

Is there anything bigger than a king?

by Anonymousreply 5012/15/2012

I love my tempurpedic for sleeping. I'm thinking of getting a new one that moves as I have leg issues and want to elevate them. Sex is a bit challenging on it. I like low beds too. Mostly for the ease of getting in and out. I have a custom headboard that's tufted leather. My sheets are frette. I love them.

by Anonymousreply 5112/16/2012

I have a really comfortable sterns & foster queen euro top. It's the first bed I've owned where I don't toss and turn at night. The frame is an antique wooden frame I fell in love with at a thrift store.

by Anonymousreply 5212/16/2012

oh and lol the color? it's the ralph lauren shetland manor collection. Which is floral, plaids, browns, greens, blues, ivories etc. (It goes with the house - sort of a cabin-y look) It looks cool because the walls in my bedroom are all made of stone.

by Anonymousreply 5312/16/2012

OP, you talk about these kind of things at parties don't you?

Dumbest. Thread. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 5412/16/2012

I have a Heavenly Bed i ordered through Westin. I stayed at so many of their hotels for business and loved the beds, I figured it was better than trying out on the show room floor. I think you can now get them through Pottery Barn. My sheets are Charter Club Damask from Macy's. I adore them. I gave the same in my guest room and my guests always ask if they can take the bed home with them. The pillows are Dan Marino memory foam. Can't get then anymore. I try to treat my guests the same. Very comfortable beds.

by Anonymousreply 5512/16/2012

The bed in my bedroom

by Anonymousreply 5612/16/2012

OP has bed bugs

by Anonymousreply 5712/18/2012

My "bed" is a joke.

by Anonymousreply 5812/18/2012
Need more help? Click Here.