Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"Test" Pilot of "That Girl"

So I was watching METV this morning and on comes, at its regularly scheduled time, "That Girl." Only it's unlike any "That Girl" episode I've ever seen. First, the opening credits include Harold Gould (Rhoda's father; Miles on GG) and Penny Santon. And then show Ted Bessell as "Don Blue Sky."

So the episode begins and we find out that "Don Blue Sky" is Ann's agent and is "part Indian." (I am NOT making this up!) Then we meet Ann's parents, the aformentioned Gould and Santon, both of whom are far more "ethnic" than the two who would replace them in all future episodes (Lew Parker and Rosemary DeCamp, neither of whom was ever billed in the opening credits.) The story is about how Ann is working as a waitress and trying to get her first acting role. She wonders whether she should change her name, and she settles on "Marie Brewster." This same plot was reused in a later regular episode in the first season.

IMDB does not have an air date for this episode, so I wonder if it was EVER aired before today.

by Marlo's Plastic Surgeonreply 812/11/2012

You do great work, OP.

Margie's old nose was a real honker.

by Marlo's Plastic Surgeonreply 112/11/2012

Episode available online.

by Marlo's Plastic Surgeonreply 212/11/2012

What a cunt.

by Marlo's Plastic Surgeonreply 312/11/2012

I'm guessing the pilot didn't appeal to either audiences or the big wigs. The "first" show as we know That Girl to become, it airs tomorrow.

by Marlo's Plastic Surgeonreply 412/11/2012

R2 Thanks! (Even if I did have to see several Mormon commercials!)

by Marlo's Plastic Surgeonreply 512/11/2012

Thanks for that. Weird about the "Don Blue Sky" name and the whole indian thing.

I wonder what NYC in the 60s was really like. The v shows make it look like it was so cool to be there.

by Marlo's Plastic Surgeonreply 612/11/2012

I saw it this morning too. I remember MeTV ran it on New Years Eve last year as part of a marathon.

It's interesting to see the tweaks they made to the show.

Here's ep 1 of the series:

by Marlo's Plastic Surgeonreply 712/11/2012

Seeing Mr. Blue Sky spelled out on the office door reminded me of this

by Marlo's Plastic Surgeonreply 812/11/2012
Need more help? Click Here.