Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...

Now there you go again, you say you want your freedom...maybe it's only a dream...but the feeling remains even after the glitter fades. I went searching for an answer, up the stairs and down the hall, but the only lamp left on in the house was a blue light.

So, I'm back to the velvet underground...to a room with some lace and paper flowers...and maybe I'm just thinking that the rooms are all on fire, every time that you walk in the room. Am I wasting my time while you make up your mind? Because there are two kinds of love.

Don't blame it on me...blame it on my wild heart.

by Wait a minute, babyreply 3612/31/2012

Now there you go again, you say you want your freedom

by Wait a minute, babyreply 112/11/2012

Oh, the Stevie Nicks troll is back. "Welcome to the room..."

by Wait a minute, babyreply 212/11/2012

Winter is really here now...and if you see my reflection in the snow-covered hills, will you ever win?

by Wait a minute, babyreply 312/11/2012

This Rhiannon is fantastic..she goes apeshit at the end!

by Wait a minute, babyreply 412/11/2012

Are you dying or what?

by Wait a minute, babyreply 512/11/2012

It's magical how Stevie's lyrics are all so interchangeable. Take random lines from any six songs, and everything still sounds like bad middle school poetry.

by Wait a minute, babyreply 612/11/2012

Born down in a dead man town The first kick I took was when I hit the ground. Hey little girl is your daddy home Did he go and leave you all alone I got a bad desire.In the day we sweat it out on the streets of a runaway American dream At night we ride through the mansions of glory in suicide machines .

really you can do that with anyone...stupid comment R6

by Wait a minute, babyreply 712/11/2012

When it comes to being true, at least true to me One thing I found,one thing I found Oh no you'll neva let me down.Strippers named Cinnamon More chips than Pentium What'cha gon' buy next? Whatever new trend it is I'm tryin' to spend my stacks.

I started to do it with Kanye but don't have the energy...there are two songs up there...they seem like one. So there go your theory.

by Wait a minute, babyreply 812/11/2012

Haha, R7, made you do it.

by Wait a minute, babyreply 912/11/2012

Mirror in the sky what is love?

by Wait a minute, babyreply 1012/11/2012

OP, your thread title is one of my favorites.

Just thought I'd share.

by Wait a minute, babyreply 1112/11/2012

Just an invitation would have been just fine

by Wait a minute, babyreply 1212/11/2012

Stevie! My favorite!

Except for Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart....of course.

by Wait a minute, babyreply 1312/11/2012

I would fall in your shadow,

by Wait a minute, babyreply 1412/12/2012

Gloria, angel. Gloria ... if you were wiser you would GET OUT!

thanks OP haven't thought of that song in 30 years.

by Wait a minute, babyreply 1512/12/2012

Oooh, I used to write that "Storms" quote to my first lover in college. Major cringe when I think back on it now, ha.

"I've always been a storm..." Guess the sex was good enough to make up for it.... or we were all young and stupid.

by Wait a minute, babyreply 1612/12/2012

Stevie recording Blue Lamp.

by Wait a minute, babyreply 1712/12/2012

Stevie recording Leather and Lace...I love seeing this stuff.

by Wait a minute, babyreply 1812/12/2012

Some of her better lyrics IMO The Highwayman

Songwriters: NICKS, STEVIE Alas he was the highwayman The one that comes and goes And only the highway-woman Keeps up with the likes of those And she in all her magic With hands as quick as light Took him to be a challenge And went into the night

And he in all his glory Was far ahead of her But she was never sorry For wishes that would burn Enter competition She chases beneath the moon Her horse is like a dragonfly She is just a fool

And she wonders is this real Or does she just want to be Queen And he fights the way he feels Is this the end of the dream

And then he sees her coming Heartbeats on the wind Considers slowing down But then...he could never win And she...out in the distance Sees him against the sky A pale and violent rider A dream begun in wine

And she wonders is this real Or does she just want to be Queen And he fights the way he feels Is this the end of the dream

A dream as the thunder wakes her And her highwayman disappears On a life already lived before In eyes welled with tears

Today and still today they ride Will they ever win He the glory... She the love... Still they try again

by Wait a minute, babyreply 1912/12/2012

'Angel' is one of the most overlooked IMO. classic Stevie schlock: ghosts, fog, angels, dreams. Charmed hour and a haunted song.

by Wait a minute, babyreply 2012/12/2012

Liffa live to see the seven wonders

I'll make a path path

They'll never live to see (the beauty)

That beauty that beauty that same same beauty again

Well if I live to see that whoa ho I hope and I pray

Well maybe il might work out someday

by Wait a minute, babyreply 2112/12/2012

I like the coastal cities, I like the lights I like the way the ocean bends into the city at night It's like living on a working river this coastline is glittering Like a diamond snake In a black sky

by Wait a minute, babyreply 2212/12/2012

Like a scene from "The Rose." (not a compliment)

Beauty and the Beast.

She was so amazingly fucked up.

I loved Stevie Nicks and cocaine.

by Wait a minute, babyreply 2312/12/2012

Does anyone know what she's talking about?

by Wait a minute, babyreply 2412/12/2012

great unreleased track Blue Water at link

by Wait a minute, babyreply 2512/12/2012

It's "guardian," R15. Not "Gloria."

by Wait a minute, babyreply 2612/12/2012

I run through the grass, I run over the stones, down to the sea...and the clouds never expect it, but the sea changes color. It is the constant in my life.

I'm running through the garden...running in brilliant colors...straight back to the sea. Can the child within my heart rise above?

You could be my silver spring...

by Wait a minute, babyreply 2712/12/2012

As long as grass grows and water runs....

That wasn't just a phrase to me.

by Wait a minute, babyreply 2812/12/2012

in every moment there's a reason to carry on! sweet love showing us a heavenly light ... people out there turning music into gold ... oh and ive had to live with some hard promises

by Wait a minute, babyreply 2912/12/2012

There is a gate...and it has a garden...well, it is not heaven...and it can be guarded. So to the red rose grows the passion. My walls are flaming.

by Wait a minute, babyreply 3012/13/2012

And he was just like a great north wind within the wings of a storm. I think I have met my match... heartless challenge. pick your path and I'll pray

by Wait a minute, babyreply 3112/13/2012

bump

by Wait a minute, babyreply 3212/13/2012

Her best performance.

by Wait a minute, babyreply 3312/13/2012

"really you can do that with anyone...stupid comment"

No, you can't. In Nick's case her songs always have the same imagery; a room, lace, flowers, crystal, birds, the sky, dreams. They're interchangeable. And silly as hell.

by Wait a minute, babyreply 3412/14/2012

Whoever wrote the original post did really beautiful work in stringing those different songs together.

I love this song. It's not Stevie Nicks, but it was recommended to me yesterday and I thought I'd share:

https://soundcloud.com/search?hl=en&tbo=d&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=long+hot+summer+(desert+mix)+The+style+council&btnK=

by Wait a minute, babyreply 3512/14/2012

Say what you will about Stevie, but the world is a more interesting place with her in it.

by Wait a minute, babyreply 3612/31/2012
Need more help? Click Here.