Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Shia LaBeouf: Broadway Debut in 'Orphans' with Alec Baldwin!

Here is the play’s synopsis: Two orphaned brothers are living in a decrepit North Philadelphia row house. Treat (LaBeouf), the eldest, supports his damaged younger sibling by petty thievery, and makes the house a virtual prison for the seemingly simple-minded Phillip. One night he kidnaps a rich older man, Harold (Baldwin), who turns out to have his own motives and becomes the father figure the boys have always yearned for.

Orphans will begin performances on March 19 and have its official opening night on April 7.

by Anonymousreply 1504/02/2013

If one brother is named "Treat," is the other named "Trick"?

by Anonymousreply 112/11/2012

Hopefully the play will provide ample opportunity for both stars to get out of their clothes.

by Anonymousreply 212/11/2012

Shia just needs the right opportunity to demonstrate that he is, in fact, the most promising actor of his generation. He is a creative and commercial force to reckon with. Hopefully, this play will bring him the credibility he deserves.

by Anonymousreply 312/11/2012

Who knew that Shia's agent posted here?

by Anonymousreply 412/11/2012

Ophans was a marvelous well-acted movie. Matthew Modine and Albert Finney starred. So did Kevin Anderson. I loved it. I hope the actors in the play do justice to the performances of the actors in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 512/11/2012

It's a nice though perhaps not all that great play. It was filmed by Alan Pakula in 1987 with Albert Finney, Matthew Modine and Kevin Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 612/11/2012

Well, that kills it. I'm ALOT less interested in a stale project that's already been produced. It needs to be musicalized if it wants to regain my attention.

by Anonymousreply 712/11/2012

The performances were fantastic, r6. All 3 main characters were flawless. When Matt Modine howled in pain and sadness at the end of the movie I was moved to tears. Easily Modine's best work ever.

by Anonymousreply 812/11/2012

[quote]Shia just needs the right opportunity to demonstrate that he is, in fact, the most promising actor of his generation. He is a creative and commercial force to reckon with. Hopefully, this play will bring him the credibility he deserves.

He was the absolute worse part of Lawless. He was surrounded by brilliant actors, which only made him look even more mediocre by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 912/11/2012

*worst

by Anonymousreply 1012/11/2012

Who will play the other brother?

by Anonymousreply 1112/11/2012

It's one of those plays that was effective at the time (Kevin Anderson and John Mahoney starred in the original Off-Broadway production), but I'm not sure it ages well.

Also wonder how well it will work on a large Broadway stage.

Can Baldwin do anything other than variations on his 30 ROCK character at this point?

by Anonymousreply 1212/11/2012

Shia has dropped out of the play - apparently he and Alec Baldwin do not get along.

Shia's been posting email screenshots on his twitter account - between him and the director and Baldwin and other cast members.

Anyone have the inside scoop?

I would have much rather Shia stayed and Baldwin move on but I guess Baldwin will put more people in the seats?

by Anonymousreply 1302/21/2013

Shia is an insufferable twat. He really envisions himself some great artiste, when he's most known for starring in those shitty Transformer movies. Also he is fug as hell!

by Anonymousreply 1402/21/2013

LaBeouf: Baldwin had me fired

by Anonymousreply 1504/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.