Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tim Burton's 'Alice In Wonderland' gets a sequel

Ugh.

A sequel to Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland is in the works.

According to Variety, Disney has hired original screenwriter Linda Woolverton to script a follow-up. Woolverton based her first film on the classic Lewis Carroll novels Alice's Adventures In Wonderland and Through The Looking Glass. Plot details for the sequel are currently under wraps.

Released in 2010, Alice In Wonderland cast Mia Wasikowska in the title role alongside Johnny Depp as The Mad Hatter. The bumper cast also included Anne Hathaway, Helena Bonham Carter, Matt Lucas and Barbara Windsor.

Although reviews were mixed, Burton's film went on to gross over $1,024 billion (£639 million) worldwide, placing it eleventh on the all-time list. Scroll down and click 'play' to watch the trailer.

At this early stage in development, it is unknown whether Disney wants Burton to direct the sequel or if Depp and co will reprise their roles. However, original producers Joe Roth, Jennifer Todd and Suzanne Told are all set to return.

by Anonymousreply 2101/09/2013

You. Have got. To be Kidding. Me.

by Anonymousreply 112/11/2012

It's been done.

by Anonymousreply 212/11/2012

Doesn't surprise me. It was a shit film, but it one of the ten biggest box office hits of all time.

by Anonymousreply 312/11/2012

I actually could not stay awake when I saw this in the theater.

by Anonymousreply 412/11/2012

Made over a billion dollars.

Quick question, what the fuck was this film based on? It had nothing to do with "Alice In Wonderland" proper. Why use the book's title? It bears little resemblance.

by Anonymousreply 512/11/2012

We live in a time when a super shitty film like this Alice thingy makes over $1 billion...it's just mind boggling.

by Anonymousreply 612/11/2012

it was UNWATCHABLE.

by Anonymousreply 712/11/2012

"Alice" was horrible, Tim Burton's worst, and its success is inexplicable. Sure, even the worst kiddie films can make a certain amount of money from parents who are desperate to distract the little monsters for two hours, but a billion dollars?

Well, "Looking Glass" is going to be a flop, even if it's good. Because now everyone's realized how badly "Alice" sucked, and they won't want to see a sequel.

by Anonymousreply 812/11/2012

I loved it. It was a great twist on a classic.

by Anonymousreply 912/11/2012

Both of Cosette's mothers together in a movie again!

by Anonymousreply 1012/11/2012

Why is there a "Prime Time" on Datalounge,are we expected to believe that so many people are clamoring to post here that the webmaster has to lock nonpaying members out?

by Anonymousreply 1112/11/2012

It was such an ugly, grating, and completely witless movie. I couldn't believe it didn't cause a vomiting plague in every theatre it soiled.

by Anonymousreply 1212/12/2012

Alice in Wonderland 2: Down the Shithole

by Anonymousreply 1312/12/2012

I enjoyed Alan Rickman's character the most.

by Anonymousreply 1412/12/2012

... really? This movie needed a sequel?

by Anonymousreply 1501/08/2013

"Through the Looking Glass" is a much better book than "Alice". Tim Burton shouldn't be allowed to touch it.

by Anonymousreply 1601/08/2013

Michael Gough is now deceased, so they will need a new voice for his role.

by Anonymousreply 1701/09/2013

One of the worst movie theater disappointments I ever had. They can't trick us twice.

by Anonymousreply 1801/09/2013

Not sure if Sir Christopher Lee will return, either. He's getting on in years and is busy with "The Hobbit" anyway.

by Anonymousreply 1901/09/2013

I think it was a big hit because it was the first 3d/imax film released after Avatar....

by Anonymousreply 2001/09/2013

The film did well because the marketing was great at convincing everyone to go see it...THEN they realized it was shit.

It was a weird amalgamation of bits of both Alice novels with a 'quest' thrown in. I don't see what else they'll do with the story.

Getting sick of these "edgy" fairy tale re imaginings as well. They all look like they use the same cinematographer and designers. By the time Into the Woods rolls around the genre will have been bled dry.

by Anonymousreply 2101/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.