Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Question for those who have had "daddy-son" relationships

Does the "son" ever top the "daddy"? Or would that be too Oedipal?

by Anonymousreply 6303/18/2015

by Anonymousreply 112/11/2012

by Anonymousreply 212/11/2012

[quote]Does the "son" ever top the "daddy"?

All the time.

by Anonymousreply 312/11/2012

Never. Ever. If my daddy ever asked me to fuck him, I would be out of the relationship toute de suite.

by Anonymousreply 512/11/2012

Typically, dads dont bottom. I myself dont care for the term Daddy (it sounds like something a girl would say) but I have found when talking to a potential partner that by telling them I am one, they get the message loud and clear I wont bottom.

by Anonymousreply 912/11/2012

OP you're a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 1012/11/2012

It depends on what sort of daddy/son relationship it is. If they're together for emotional and physical reasons, the dad is usually (if not quite exclusively) the top. If they're together for financial reasons, it's whatever the hell the daddy wants.

Or at least that applies to the daddy/son couples I personally know. And sadly, I know a whole lot more of the latter type than the former.

by Anonymousreply 1112/11/2012

Maybe if the "daddy" is the type who likes to be indulgent to his "son" then he may be on the bottom all the time. When I was in my 20s and 30s I wanted an older man who was still good looking and didn't let himself go too much to be a daddy yet who would also be on the bottom. I realized soon enough that that arrangement is more of a rarity and the best that could be done is short term stuff with guys I picked up from the bar who would be more "older brother" age-wise.

Not that I would ever do it with my own real father--he was ugly and and a horrible asshole and incest is something to definitely avoid (I would be squeamish even with cousins I think) ; but I wonder just how many men have had intercourse with their real fathers, especially with son on top. Maybe hunting/fishing camp shenanigans while drunk??

by Anonymousreply 1212/11/2012

[quote]but I wonder just how many men have had intercourse with their real fathers

I dont think its nearly as common as some people think. However. I do do know one pair. And yes, they are from the south.

by Anonymousreply 1312/11/2012

R7 = Justice Scalia

by Anonymousreply 1412/11/2012

Tell more r13.

by Anonymousreply 1512/11/2012

It's not terribly common, but it's not entirely unheard of, either. Brothers are more common.

by Anonymousreply 1612/11/2012

Not a real lot to report R15 They are pretty open about it, and the son (the one Im friends with) claims its not really that uncommon where they come from. They are total die in the wool rednecks/hillbillies

by Anonymousreply 1712/11/2012

opps meant dye in the wool d'oh

by Anonymousreply 1812/11/2012

r17, so the son fucks his dad in the ass or he gets fucked or do they "take turns"? I'm not religious, but I recall a story in the Bible about Lot of Sodom and Gomorrah fame (who I think was Abraham's nephew supposedly who in turn both Jews and Muslims claim as their spiritual (at least) progenitor). Lot, after "escaping" from all those nasty fags in Sodom, had intercourse with his eldest daughter and produced someone named Moab who set up a "kingdom" in what is now Jordan. I'm wondering if Moab was supposed to regard Lot as both his grandfather and father. Anyway, as it seems to be with things biblical, the moral is apparently that it's ok to fuck your eldest daughter and have offspring that way, but those nasty homos in Sodom get turned into pillars of salt or something, or was that Lot's wife?? Who really cares? I guess Lot must have been one traumatized dude.

by Anonymousreply 2112/11/2012

I think a better question for R19 would be why is the behavior of complete strangers depressing you so much? I mean its not your life, it impacts you in no way, shape or form. Its really odd that people you have never met, peoples who names you dont even know, have this much control over how you feel.

by Anonymousreply 2212/11/2012

I suppose I'll bore R19 to death but this daddy always tops his son. Mostly because my thick 9" tool would be otherwise wasted.

And my boy loves taking care of his daddy.

by Anonymousreply 2312/11/2012

R21 I dont know all the details of their sex life, but from what I get the dad is all top.

by Anonymousreply 2412/11/2012

r19, I never understood the term "metrosexual"--is not being "rigid" basically what metrosexual means?

Somehow I find the incestuous real life "daddy-son" thing interesting yet repulsive at the same time. As it has been said so often here, it's useless without pictures! I guess I could imagine/fantisize a thing with a real-life father but always with me fucking him in the ass for something he needed to atone for. How can anyone live with themselves after doing that, is it really that easy?

by Anonymousreply 2512/11/2012

I love daddy Bottoms

by Anonymousreply 2612/11/2012

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 2812/11/2012

I have often thought that there ought to be a gay version of Oedipus Rex made. One of my favorite ideas for a movie is where a married couple has a son, the mother dies, maybe in childbirth or something, the father disappears and the son is adopted out to a rich older couple who couldn't have kids. They die while he is still relatively young. He decides to vacation at a dude ranch in Wyoming where he strikes up a very friendly relationship with an older cowboy there and they end up going to bed, with the cowboy being his long lost father and the son is "on top". I doubt if Hollywood has the daring/guts or whatever to make a movie like that. I have no idea how a movie like that could be cast.

by Anonymousreply 2912/11/2012

I think R27 has a point.

I remember being a teen in the late 70s/early 80s (just pre-AIDs epidemic) and being so completely alienated and repelled by the Drummer magazine S&M weirdness of gay life, the costumes, the props, the fetishes, the anonymity of it all. It wasn't exciting, it was depressing, and didn't seem to relate to my fantasies, urges, or needs at all.

Of course, there was more to gay life back then than clones in head-to-toe leather, but I didn't know about it and didn't see it.

There might be something to this idea of keeping the private private. Or at least not building a public image on private behavior.

by Anonymousreply 3012/11/2012

But there was/(is?), r30, a fairly wide audience/readership of Drummer magazine, otherwise it couldn't have remained in business as long as it did. I liked that magazine as it addressed certain needs for me as if it knew all along what I wanted. To me, I think the "let's get married and have kids stuff" is something very recent and is growing with more states legalizing same-sex marriage, "not that there's anything wrong with that" (Seinfeld), but I just have no use for the institution of marriage and at one time the attitude may have been, if you're homosexual you don't HAVE to get married (or you don't HAVE to join/get drafted into the military). I realize what that whole thing means about not discriminating, and that is fine, but I think too many assume that once the homosexual world is fully "set free" everyone will live in a cute cottage--2 daddies or 2 mommies with 2 kids (one of each, you know) and all will live happily ever after. I, for one, think the culture has become FAR more puritanical sexually than it was, say, in 1980. I'm not sure where all the smug puritanism is coming from but it seems to be evident--the whole "my priest abused me as an altar boy" hysteria is just the tip of the very frauish iceberg.

by Anonymousreply 3112/11/2012

You are asking the wrong question, OP. The question is,

Does he go up into the man?

by Anonymousreply 3212/11/2012

[quote]Or would that be too Oedipal?

uh.. if he KILLED his Dad and screwed his Mom, that would be Oedipal, but there's nothing Oedipal about sex with Dad, top or Bottom.

by Anonymousreply 3312/11/2012

I think what OP meant is Oedipal in a gay sense r33, which would mean he would kill his mother and have sex with his father. It's kind of surprising that the ancient Greeks didn't come up with a model like that given that there was supposedly so much man-boy love going on then and supposedly was copied or emulated by the Romans.

by Anonymousreply 3412/11/2012

This thread is making me horny!

by Anonymousreply 3512/11/2012

So we've gone from denying what comes naturally to us to please the heteros to denying what comes naturally to us to please the likes of r19

by Anonymousreply 3612/11/2012

Where did r37 wander in here from?

More to the point, how do you know when you're in daddy/son relationship, assuming you don't employ the ridiculous terms?

by Anonymousreply 3812/11/2012

r37 is probably a straight frau who has no clue whatsoever but still insists on ranting and raving.

by Anonymousreply 3912/11/2012

R37, Daddy/son sex is about role playing and fantasy. It can be incredibly fucking hot. Be gone, you fucking frau.

by Anonymousreply 4012/11/2012

No. Never.

by Anonymousreply 4112/11/2012

R34 man-boy love was quite normal for the Greeks, so they would have no need to make a complex out of it.

by Anonymousreply 4212/11/2012

OMG, did some stupid cunt think we were discussing real FATHER/SON sex? Moron.

That being said, I am sure that ANYTHING GOES out there in the world. Some dads bottom. Who cares? Live and let live. I am not sure what the purpose of a poll would be. Do what you do and enjoy it.

by Anonymousreply 4312/11/2012

Daddy bottoms are extremely sexy.

by Anonymousreply 4412/11/2012

I'm 52 and have a 26 yr old chasing me. He's a total top, never bottoms, and has made that very clear.

by Anonymousreply 4512/11/2012

depends. are we talking about a doodie daddy or a regular daddy???

by Anonymousreply 4612/12/2012

R29, I can't think of any films, but Reinaldo Arenas wrote a short story that I don't think has yet been translated into English called "Viaje a la Habana" (Trip to Havana). The plot goes like this:

A Cuban man abandons his wife on the island and defects to Miami, where he lives as an openly gay man. Many years later he receives a letter from the wife. She writes that after he left, she gave birth to a son by him, and she asks that he come home and meet the boy (now a teen). He resolves to go, and cashes in his life savings to make the trip. He arrives in Havana and decides to spend the night before journeying to his village the next day. That night he meets a young guard along the Malecón. He brings the boy to his room and they make passionate love. They fall asleep in each other's arms. When the man awakes the next morning, the boy is gone, and he's stolen all the man's money and even his clothes. The man is forced to walk miles to his village, practically naked. After much persecution from the people he meets along the way, the man arrives at his old home, only to discover that his son is none other than the guard from the night before. When they're alone together, the son confesses that he knew the man was his father when they slept together, that he recognized him from photographs. And, he suggests, the man surely knew on some subconscious level that the boy was his son.

/off topic

by Anonymousreply 4712/12/2012

If the young man knew that was his father, then why did he sleep with him and why did he treat him so cruelly? I don't get that story.

by Anonymousreply 4812/12/2012

Both Jerry Sandusky and Elmo report that 'Daddy' is always the top.

by Anonymousreply 4912/12/2012

R48, Reinaldo only met his father once, and he had a very complicated relationship with his mother. I think it's fair to say he was intrigued (if not at times obsessed) by incest.

This is only my interpretation, but I think the son robs the father to punish him for abandoning the family. When the man walks home in his underwear, he becomes a Christ-like figure. People taunt him and abuse him along the way. The metaphors are not at all subtle. And so there's an inversion of Christian scripture: in this story it's the father and not the son who's sacrificed.

by Anonymousreply 5012/12/2012

God, that story sounds disturbingly beautiful. I fucking hate my dad, and though the idea of sleeping with him makes me want to hurl, the idea of hate fucking him, thus destroying his life sounds damn lovely.

by Anonymousreply 5112/12/2012

You guys need to recognize when fraus are lurking around and posting idiotic questions as "research" for their pathetic slashfics.

by Anonymousreply 5212/12/2012

R27 I never said it was private. Try to keep up.

by Anonymousreply 5312/12/2012

repulsive at the same time. As it has been said so often here, it's useless without pictures! I guess I could imagine/fantisize a thing with a real-life father but always with me fucking him in the ass for something he needed to atone for. How can anyone live with themselves after doing that, is it really that easy?

Well, r25, you can use google and find pictures that purport to be real life fathers and sons engaged in sexual activity. They certainly look like close genetic relatives. I am a redneck hillbilly from Arkansas, but my own father, and mother also for that matter, never so much as spoke to me about any sexual matter. I shared a bedroom with an older brother, and there was some experimentation instigated by him. He was always jerking off, but I was too young and could not get off. He tried to get me to suck his dick so he would know what it felt like, but he would not suck mine first, so I would not do him. Before he had a girlfriend to fuck, he begged to fuck me so that he could know what it felt like. But I flatly refused. I am 58 and have engaged in sexual activity with hundreds of other men, but I have never agreed to such a thing as that. My asshole is for the elimination of intestinal waste. I only have casual relations, and play with buddies, but never have domestic partners. I've done older/younger when I was young, and I do younger/older now that I am old, but I don't see it as daddy/son. Almost forgot my reason for making comment, the pictures you want, R25, are readily available free on the internet, stills from video they are trying to sell.

by Anonymousreply 5412/12/2012

It would be "Oedipal" to fuck your mother. It's not Oedipal to top your daddy, unless you're confused in other, fundamental ways.

by Anonymousreply 5512/12/2012

I've been the "son" for five years on and off and I've topped him about four times. Neither of us enjoyed it.

by Anonymousreply 5607/27/2014

I came out late in life after two marriages and naturally considered myself a top. I always dated younger guys or guys my own age, but at 43 I have met the man of my dreams. He's 22 years older, very good looking and takes good care of himself. We almost immediately fell for each other and I bottomed for the first time a few nights ago. He is totally open to the idea of me topping him, but I have absolutely no desire to. He is an amazing lover and our daddy/son relationship is relegated strictly to our bedroom. Outside of that, we treat each other as equals. We're both very masculine and if you met us on the street you probably wouldn't even know we're gay. We treat each other with love and respect and so the roles become insignificant except when we're alone. Hope this helps.

by Anonymousreply 5809/22/2014

I think that it is perfectly normal to want to be a top or a bottom, some people gravitate naturally towards a particular role, and that is not the same as heterosexuals; IE: I am a gay man who prefers to bottom with an more mature older Man as the Top, it is just hot, plain and simple. A man that exercises control and dominance and is also loving and tender at the same time, Whoa, now that is a Man I will stay with forever.

by Anonymousreply 5901/05/2015

Nothing grosses me out more than the "daddy/son" thing. I'm all for wide age gaps....just not into the daddy son/vibe. I've never seen it not be creepy.

by Anonymousreply 6001/05/2015

I was with my daddy for years. He was the hottest man I've known and considerably older than I. We were both versatile.

by Anonymousreply 6101/05/2015

I think it's hot when the bigger guy gets fucked hard.

by Anonymousreply 6201/05/2015

Of course I love topping my daddy it makes we feel closer to him but its only sometimes not often

by Anonymousreply 6303/18/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!