Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Damn you, TMZ: Stop making me like Denise Richards

Charlie Sheen's 2nd ex-wife Denise Richards got an interesting early XMAS gift -- twins ... but they're not hers ... they're Brooke Mueller's.

Sources close to Charlie and his exes tell TMZ ... Brooke asked Denise to care for Bob and Max while she tries rehab for the 19th time, and Denise happily obliged.

As for why Charlie isn't caring for the 3-year-olds ... we're told he doesn't have the time because he's shooting "Anger Management."

Our sources tell us ... Denise will care for Bob and Max for "an indefinite period of time."

It's pretty interesting ... not only is Brooke confident the kids will be well cared for, but Charlie is also happy Denise is taking care of his entire brood.

And get this ... we've learned this isn't the first time Bob and Max have stayed with Denise. The last time Brooke went to rehab, the kids stayed with D.R..

Who needs "Modern Family."

by Anonymousreply 6605/04/2013

From everything that I have heard, she is a really sweet person. She loves the gays as well.

by Anonymousreply 112/11/2012

Well, they are her daughters' brothers. It's nice of her to do and I am sure the price makes it worth her while. Denise doesn't have much of a career these days.

by Anonymousreply 212/11/2012

Add Brooke Mueller to the 2013 Celebrity Death Watch, please.

by Anonymousreply 312/11/2012

"Damn you, TMZ: Stop making me like Denise Richards" = retarded

by Anonymousreply 412/11/2012

Yeah, you know she is the highest paid nanny in the world.

by Anonymousreply 512/11/2012

She may be the highest paid nanny in the world, but she's probably the most stable person in the kids' lives right now. I think Mueller's mother had taken care of the kids during other rehab stays and she'd feuded with her daughter over the drug use. Hopefully, this time it sticks.

Martin Sheen and his wife really seemed to take to Denise and you still occasionally see them photographed together with the kids.

by Anonymousreply 612/11/2012

Women are biologically programmed to take care of another woman's kids. We used to die in childbirth so often. That's why women are able to "instantly bond" or on the flip side, tear one another apart. We're all looking for replacement mothers for our children, even if we don't have any kids.

by Anonymousreply 712/11/2012

Bob Geldof raised Michael Hutchence's daughter with the late Paula Yates.

by Anonymousreply 812/11/2012

Drop Dead Gorgeous = Love

by Anonymousreply 912/11/2012

Did Denise run over your puppy or something, OP? Otherwise, why would you be disappointed that you "like" her?

by Anonymousreply 1012/11/2012

Denise Richards comes across as being a rather 'simply sweet' lady.

My granny used to say that a 'simply sweet' person is one who doesn't judge others out of respect for those they are trying to help. In this instance Denise Richards is trying to help her daughters half brothers and so good for her.

by Anonymousreply 1112/11/2012

This could be a new reality show: "The New Abnormal."

by Anonymousreply 1212/11/2012

R12, the only thing abnormal in this is DR's maturity and compassion*. Sadly, drug addiction is all too commonplace.

*And even if DR is being paid handsomely, there aren't a lot of people who would willingly take on their ex-husband's children with another woman--for a second time! And Sheen's doing the right thing, too--he knows he can't be a father to them.

by Anonymousreply 1312/11/2012

Watching her reality show, Denise seems like a nice person.

Never understood where all the hate for Denise was for.

by Anonymousreply 1412/11/2012

She fucked my man!

by Anonymousreply 1512/11/2012

R14 = Never saw "The World Is Not Enough."

by Anonymousreply 1612/11/2012

She's very likeable on Howard stern.

by Anonymousreply 1712/11/2012

R16 so she is not the greatest actress in the world.

But she seems like a nice person.

by Anonymousreply 1812/11/2012

Denise Richards is a whore (literally) who stole her best friends husband.

by Anonymousreply 1912/11/2012

Always had the impression Denise is a bit on the dumb, but means well, side, who gets involved with flashy men, and gets distracted by cock when common sense should prevail (i.e. Sheen, Sambora). Motherhood seems to have evolved her to a dumb, but means well, mother, with plenty of money to handle her life.

by Anonymousreply 2012/11/2012

[quote] stole her best friends husband.

So now we here at DL are now having sympathy for a Republican?

I thought the DL mantra was all Republicans are dead to us.

by Anonymousreply 2112/11/2012

I don't know much about her but I loved her in Drop Dead Gorgeous. The scene with her dancing with Jesus on his cross is a classic.

by Anonymousreply 2212/11/2012

You really think there's no hired help involved?

by Anonymousreply 2312/11/2012

I thought Sambora and Locklear were already separated or divorced.

[quote]Motherhood seems to have evolved her to a dumb, but means well, mother, with plenty of money to handle her life.

Are you saying it was a dumb move to take the kids? She may be dim, but it wasn't dumb. Probably in her and her biological children's interest in the long run, not to mention the sibs.

by Anonymousreply 2412/11/2012

"Women are biologically programmed to take care of another woman's kids."

Oh bull, women aren't even "biologically" programmed to take care of their own kids, much less other people's. Some women are just terrible with kids. and others fake "maternal" behavior because they just don't feel it.

And saying she's "programmed" to do this does diminish an act of kindness, not that I think it's being done just to be nice. If Charlie Sheen will give an ex-trick $100K to pay off her takes, he's likely to give her a few bucks to take in his kids.

by Anonymousreply 2512/11/2012

Of all the "instincts" women are either given credit for or derided for, the one I truly believe is normative is the maternal instinct and that includes expressing it for others' children in situations of need. And of course, the genetics (relationship to the children) comes into play. That doesn't mean that all women experience it or act on it, but as someone on another thread said, if humankind had relied on straight men for child rearing, the species would have died off long ago. Like so many other human qualities, it varies from individual to individual in both its very existence and strength. Some women, few I'd say, do not have it at all and others to smaller or larger degrees during different life phases.

by Anonymousreply 2612/11/2012

[quote]It's pretty interesting ...

If you think that, you're wrong.

by Anonymousreply 2712/11/2012

" If Charlie Sheen will give an ex-trick $100K to pay off her takes,"

FUCK, I mean "taxes"!

by Anonymousreply 2812/11/2012

Agree r26 especially the age factor you mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 2912/11/2012

Motherhood didn't transform her into a bright woman. She's likely still a dumb one. But she is also clearly a good mother and a responsible human being. You don't have to be bright to be a good person, and it sure as heck seems like she is a good person.

by Anonymousreply 3012/11/2012

Good people don't fuck their best friends' husbands.

by Anonymousreply 3112/11/2012

Women aren't "biologically programmed" for anything. However, research has shown that women are more altruistic than men. In other words, they will do something for others without expecting payback. For me, it's one way in which women are more intelligent than men: it's clearly beneficial for all when we help each other out. Men generally expect payment or sex when they do something for someone else.

by Anonymousreply 3212/11/2012

Way to thrown in a wrench r31

by Anonymousreply 3312/11/2012

Met her at a "Rent" performance years ago, and my first impression was "who is this ungodly beautiful woman". Flawless. Talked to her before the show, and during intermission my BF and I asked if she would like us to get them a drink while they stood in line for ladies room. She was so sweet and grateful.

We chatted as we left the show, and when she told me her name it dawned on me who she was and she laughed like a hyena that we didn't know her, and invited us to join her and her GFs for dinner. We had plans and declined, but she definitely belongs on the "actors who are nice" list.

A few days later I saw an ad for "Wild Things" so that's the time frame.

She is ridiculously gorgeous in person. But, so is SJP, so who knows.

by Anonymousreply 3412/11/2012

[quote]Women are biologically programmed to take care of another woman's kids. We used to die in childbirth so often. That's why women are able to "instantly bond" or on the flip side, tear one another apart. We're all looking for replacement mothers for our children, even if we don't have any kids.

This is a joke post right? I'm not trying to be harsh, but I'm not sure I agree with the premise.

by Anonymousreply 3512/11/2012

In the spirit of this thread-

Sheen just gave 75k to help treat a little girl with a rare cancer.

Now I'm starting to like HIM TOO!

by Anonymousreply 3612/11/2012

[quote]Women are biologically programmed to take care of another woman's kids.

No. Just no. Ask the chimpanzees who abduct and kill each other's babies. Humans are primates too.

Females, however are more likely to take care of offspring that are closely biologically related to the mother (ie, neices/nephews, siblings, grandkids). That would NOT be the case in this situation, since she is in no way biologically related to these children.

It's all related to the limited availability of energy and resources.

by Anonymousreply 3712/11/2012

I've never found her attractive r34 but she could certainly be one of those women who are stunning in person. Nice story.

by Anonymousreply 3812/11/2012

R38, she is one of the most beautiful creatures I've ever seen in person. Shockingly hot. This was 12-15 years ago, so whe was a young woman, but her eyes, her skin, her smile...if I'd been single, I would have hit on her and I've never fucked a chick.

by Anonymousreply 3912/11/2012

Funny that Denise seems to end up caring for all of Charlie's kids. The little girl she just adopted is widely rumored to be his as well, by one of his former tricks.

He convinced her to give the baby to Denise, who wanted another child and is paid well to raise her.

by Anonymousreply 4012/11/2012

I m sure she will hire an extra Nanny to care for them!

by Anonymousreply 4112/11/2012

I would if I were her.

by Anonymousreply 4212/11/2012

I worked with her right after she split with Charlie- she told me that he had rage and drug issues and was afraid for her kids. No one believed her at the time, but it all came out to be true. She is extremely sweet and has the best head of natural hair that I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 4312/11/2012

How was Charlie during his periods of sobriety? I assume he was sober when the relationship started, but I could be wrong. Vanity Fair did a piece about him after the 2 and a Half Men debacle and it sounded like he did take it seriously for a period of time.

by Anonymousreply 4412/12/2012

[quote]The scene with her dancing with Jesus on his cross is a classic.

Omigaaaaaaaaaaaaad, I love that movie. I have it on DVD. It's low brow, but still so so funny.

by Anonymousreply 4512/12/2012

[quote]Of all the "instincts" women are either given credit for or derided for, the one I truly believe is normative is the maternal instinct and that includes expressing it for others' children in situations of need. And of course, the genetics (relationship to the children) comes into play. That doesn't mean that all women experience it or act on it, but as someone on another thread said, if humankind had relied on straight men for child rearing, the species would have died off long ago. Like so many other human qualities, it varies from individual to individual in both its very existence and strength. Some women, few I'd say, do not have it at all and others to smaller or larger degrees during different life phases.

It's thinking like this that keeps men from evolving. There are men who have that "maternal" instinct but it usually appears as the desire to protect as well as care for those they bond to. Just because men don't spit humans out of a twat does not make them incapable of loving and compassionate feelings nor exclude them from finding fulfillment from caring for the vulnerable. Men get excused from it however because of prevailing thinking like the quote above. So we just do what we want and like instead, whatever feeds our ego and makes us feel more powerful instead of what can bond us to our loved ones and each other. Keep feeding the brute and the brute will grow.

by Anonymousreply 4612/12/2012

When she and Charlie split Charlie told everyone that Denise was crazy and everyone believed him. The people on the crew of 2 1/2 Men all sympathized with him, poor Charlie, even though they had seen her at the show numerous times and seen her be perfectly fine they all believed the horrible stories about Denise. Yes Charlie was sober for a time some of the crew members on his show are AA and he would use them as he would a sponsor and talk to them when he needed support.

by Anonymousreply 4712/12/2012

Same basic story--I spoke with her at the Independent Spirit Awards in 2000 and she was unbelievably pretty in person. Tiny.

Dumb as a stump. She asked me where the food tent was. I pointed to the tent 20 feet away with the giant neon sign that said "FOOD". Maybe she was high.

by Anonymousreply 4812/12/2012

Too bad you're not data driven, R46, or understand the concept of "normative."

by Anonymousreply 4912/12/2012

Lol, r48.

by Anonymousreply 5012/12/2012

[quote] Bob Geldof raised Michael Hutchence's daughter with the late Paula Yates.

sure he did. NOT. bob geldof is a scumbag. He foisted her off with a nanny. He did that with his own children too. His children did NOT live with him. He lived in a flat with his girlfriend a few floors above his daughters who lived in another flat with their various nannies. When they wanted to see their dad they had to call him and schedule time with him.

by Anonymousreply 5112/12/2012

She fucked Michael Mancini on Melrose Place. Her mom was Ivanna Trump.

by Anonymousreply 5212/12/2012

[quote] You really think there's no hired help involved?

So? The parents (Charlie and Brooke) foist the twin boys off with nannies ALL the time. Why should Denise have to do everything herself for these kids? She has three daughters of her own. Brooke has been in rehab 19 times. Where do you think the kids were most of those times? Where do you think the kids were when Charlie took a knife to Brooke's throat and threatened to kill her? They were with the nannies. Brooke's mother is crazy too. That's why the kids have been with Denise before. She's also good friends with donald trump. Brooke's family is crazy. That's where she gets it from

by Anonymousreply 5312/12/2012

And let's not forget all the bad things Charlie and Brooke used to say about Denise during and after his divorce. They accused her of lying and everything else.

One thing we do know, is that Denise NEVER, EVER lied about Charlie. She was actually very discrete. Much more discrete than I ever would have been. Let's not forget that he wasn't allowed to be with his daughters alone for about a year. He had to have someone monitoring him the entire time he had any visitation with them. I give Denise (and any other woman) credit for going above and beyond, putting aside their differences and keeping someone like Charlie involved with his daughter's lives just because he's their father.

by Anonymousreply 5412/12/2012

Remember that time she fucked her best friends husband, and then did all of those Extras and E! And US Weekly interviews saying it was okay because they were already getting divorced?

by Anonymousreply 5512/12/2012

I don't give a shit about her fucking her friends husband. Stop bringing it up. Heather's marriage was over. It was not a nice thing to do, but it doesn't make a person evil. No one is perfect. Charlie WAS sober, and a complete gentleman when they started dating. She loved him. He loved her. He turned into a monster when he started using again.

by Anonymousreply 5612/12/2012

She's really strong. That's for damn sure.

by Anonymousreply 5712/12/2012

[quote]I don't give a shit about her fucking her friends husband. Stop bringing it up. Heather's marriage was over.

Amen. If a couple is basically formally separated then that is that. It's not the same as adultery at all.

by Anonymousreply 5812/12/2012

Denise seem sweet, so why not keep it in the family.

Charlie is a total asshole...having all kinds of babies when he knows he's an alcoholic.

by Anonymousreply 5912/12/2012

I used to think Denise was weird looking and a bimbo. I have softened by views in recent time. There seems to be something authentic about her.

by Anonymousreply 6012/12/2012

[quote] Brooke's mother is crazy too. That's why the kids have been with Denise before. She's also good friends with donald trump. Brooke's family is crazy. That's where she gets it from

I should have clarified that better, it's Brooke's mom (and brooke) that is friends with crazy ass donald trump.

by Anonymousreply 6112/12/2012

Denise has found 2 more walking Trust Funds.

by Anonymousreply 6212/13/2012

Five months later, and it's the same story again.

[quote]The ex-wife of Charlie Sheen, Brooke Mueller, was placed on an involuntary psychiatric hold at the UCLA Medical Center in the days before child protective services took away their twins. "Brooke was taken to the medical center on Wednesday night, after she was deemed to be a threat to herself and to others,” a source close to the Mueller family confirmed to RadarOnline.com. “She had been using drugs for days and was not in her right mind. It was a very sad, sad situation." Sheen’s second wife, Denise Richards, has taken over temporary care for the boys.

by Anonymousreply 6305/03/2013

[quote] There seems to be something authentic about her.

She is from the mid-west

by Anonymousreply 6405/03/2013

How does someone like Brooke Mueller keep assistants and representatives? What is her means of income?

by Anonymousreply 6505/04/2013

For most actors, even famous ones, acting at some point becomes a part-time gig. Good for her for helping out in this situation. Those boys are her children's half siblings.

by Anonymousreply 6605/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.