Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Gym Culture for the rich

I recently re-joined Reebok, LA Fitness and noticed that no one does the towel dance.

Old, young, most fully undress, walk down the stairs to the showers, and get a towel after.

There seems to be no shame in using the whirlpool naked or sitting on a towel in the steam with the bits uncovered.

I've yet to spy a tattoo, or a pubic haircut.

Do the rich just not give a fuck?

Even the small dicked ones run around nekkid.

by Anonymousreply 4603/10/2015

It's a jock thing, always been that way

by Anonymousreply 212/11/2012

Not many see anyone in private gyms in NY.

Among those who go to Reebok, Matt Lauer, George Snuffleguppulus, Jake Gyllenhaal...would these be thought of as poor?

by Anonymousreply 312/11/2012

The towel dance is a youth thing. At my gym I've noticed that only the young guys change under their towels. The older guys are more comfortable with their bodies and just go naked.

by Anonymousreply 412/11/2012

R5 aka thread shitter

You might have contributed your insight as to the differences between rich and less well off, but instead you attempt to derail the topic by complaining about.

Your time would be better spent beginning threads you think worthy rather than complaining about those you feel unworthy.

In my experience tattoos whether you consider them a class divider or no do tend to be concentrated in poor areas. If one goes to the 10 buck a month gym (yes we have one) in NY you will find multitudes of heavily tattooed. persons.

by Anonymousreply 612/11/2012

The rich don't need to look good, their money attracts.

by Anonymousreply 712/11/2012

I go to the gym at The Peninsula Hotel and yes, there seem to be fewer hang ups regarding the nudity thing. However, most of the guys that go to my gym are older business men and well-heeled travelers, again, older, so not sure your theory bears itself out in this case.

by Anonymousreply 812/11/2012

Anyone ever hook up with slutty celebs in the upscale gyms? I can imagine that AC, before he and Ben settled into couplehood, would prominently display his hole on a daily basis in the David Barton steam room.

by Anonymousreply 912/11/2012

The richer the person, the less hung up about being naked they are is a general rule. Often, the rich don't wear clothes when swimming either. Shame is supposed to be a middle class trait.

by Anonymousreply 1012/11/2012

[quote]Often, the rich don't wear clothes when swimming either. Shame is supposed to be a middle class trait.

So true. Bill and Melinda Gates often go to board meetings for their foundation completely starkers!

And I don't even want to talk about the hijinks the Windsors get up to at their Christmas retreats. The queen will just stroll around Sandringham Palace wearing nothing but her crown. The maids don't know which way to look!

by Anonymousreply 1112/11/2012

My case in point, r11. Harry earlier this year much?

by Anonymousreply 1212/11/2012

OP is correct. The nice spas and country clubs (tennis/golf) are like this - very little issue with male body image. The clubs that attract the proletariat are very uptight about male body image, hence the going home in stinky gym clothes and empty whirlpools and steamers. When you have bucks, you don't care who has the bigger dick or who has the harder abs or who can pull in the hot yoga instructor. You're way past that common shit.

by Anonymousreply 1512/11/2012

Upper West Side or Upper East Side, OP?

by Anonymousreply 1612/11/2012

"When you have bucks, you don't care who has the bigger dick or who has the harder abs or who can pull in the hot yoga instructor. You're way past that common shit."

Yes. Donald Trump is an excellent example of that "beyond common shit" philosophy.

by Anonymousreply 1812/11/2012

Exceptions to every rule, R18 - hone in on some more to prove your worthless point why don't you. OP is accurate.

by Anonymousreply 1912/11/2012

The towel dance is just stupid, whether rich/poor, young/old, hot/homely. It is the hobgoblin of little minds.

It is the currency of horrible young gays, whose conversational skills and intellectual acumen range from A...to B.

by Anonymousreply 2012/11/2012

Is NYSC or Bally's considered upscale in Manhattan?

by Anonymousreply 2112/11/2012

dudes do the towel dance because we americans are raised to be insecure and ashamed. only those who have it in them already, or learn to not care and embrace differences drop the towel.

by Anonymousreply 2212/11/2012

[quote]Is NYSC or Bally's considered upscale in Manhattan?

Um, no. More like bottom-of-the-barrel, actually.

by Anonymousreply 2312/11/2012

Where do all the Hell's Kitchen whores work out? Do they go to the rich gyms?

by Anonymousreply 2612/11/2012

I use a college gym (one of the benefits of working in higher ed). Not only is the scenery very nice, but the membership is only $20/month for faculty and staff.

I very rarely see anyone doing the towel dance in the locker room. The showers are also open (15 nozzles in one tiled room).

The sauna, cold pool, and warm pool are all coed, so folks are wearing swimsuits.

by Anonymousreply 2712/11/2012

I think one of the reasons I worked so hard to become very wealthy was my small dick. And yes, it has helped a great deal. I really don't mind who sees it or what they think of it. I pay for sex, and none of them has ever said anything.

by Anonymousreply 2812/11/2012

[quote]It is the hobgoblin of little minds. It is the currency of horrible young gays, whose conversational skills and intellectual acumen range from A...to B.

You should copyright these brilliant phrases you're inventing! They are so fresh and original.

by Anonymousreply 2912/11/2012

Very good, r 29, so you can identify a phrase. I am dazzled by your literacy...

by Anonymousreply 3012/11/2012

Most people don't deserve the title

by Anonymousreply 3112/12/2012

[quote] I can only imagine him sitting there with his long balls flapping...

As he titillates himself with the addled, queeny thought: "THIS is how the rich do it!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 3212/12/2012

Whoa! The fruit loop at R13 seems well acquainted with "creepy." No doubt he sees it in his mirror as he stands there playing with his 1-incher.

by Anonymousreply 3412/12/2012

[quote]Very good, r 29, so you can identify a phrase. I am dazzled by your literacy...

Well, they really taxed it, as they would have anyone's. They were so obscure... but yet so appropriate to the situation!

by Anonymousreply 3512/12/2012

This poor guy was trying to do the towel dance yesterday and his towel dropped to the floor. It was like a scene in a bad movie as he grabbed himself to cover up and get his towel.

by Anonymousreply 3603/10/2015

As well as no tattoos or piercings you won't see a lot of big bulging muscles or body building obsessives either. Rich people aren't concerned with pumping up their bodies to bizarre proportions. Fitness, yes. Staying in shape, sure.

But those big muscles are tacky and indicative that one doesn't have enough to do.

by Anonymousreply 3703/10/2015

I'm just telling you how it is, R38.

by Anonymousreply 3903/10/2015

R38 is an idiot.

The observations are spot on. Tattoos are not money and class, they are trash and tragic.

by Anonymousreply 4003/10/2015

NYSC. Obviously I should just ask them but they're pissing me off with this $19.95/month sign up campaign. Is that for one location? I am not paying $19.95 a month right now. Should I cancel and rejoin?

Also..it's nice when they renovate the locker rooms. I mean, if you can deal with only having locker room access 1/2 the time(a men's lcoker room day) over a period of months. If they don't renovate I have this thing called the locker check.

1- is the locker door on? 2- are there hooks inside to hang things on? 3- is the locking mechanism in place and functional.

50/50 your locker does not pass this test.

Also... They should change the name to NYTWC That's New York Towel Withholding Club. Always looking for new ways to be stingy as possible with the towels. I mean obviously their laundry bill was a problem so they're cutting back but they've made getting towels a Job. Sometimes it's only towels at the front desk. sometimes it's fish them yourself out of the big rolly bins. Some days they fuck up and there's no towels.

Aaarghgh!

by Anonymousreply 4103/10/2015

this never happened!!!

by Anonymousreply 4203/10/2015

R41 Yes, for one location and only certain locations, the ones that have no member and Harlem.

You are right about towels.

by Anonymousreply 4303/10/2015

The black inmates flipped out when G. Gordon Liddy walked to his cellblock showers nude. They always used towels

by Anonymousreply 4403/10/2015

Link please.

by Anonymousreply 4503/10/2015

You want a link to G. Gordon nude? Gross, just gross.

by Anonymousreply 4603/10/2015
Need more help? Click Here.