Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jeff Zucker Thinking Of Moving Erin Burnett To CNN Morning

Could Soledad O'Brien be replaced in the mornings on CNN by Erin Burnett?

Maybe, according to Monday's New York Post, which reported that newly appointed CNN chief Jeff Zucker is reportedly setting out to shake up the network's morning show.

by Anonymousreply 6701/10/2013

Yea! That will fix EVERYTHING!!

by Anonymousreply 112/10/2012

Candy, it's little morsels at a time. We might be looking at 'State of the Union' too.

by Anonymousreply 212/10/2012

Jeff Zucker Thinking Of Leaving The Television Business

by Anonymousreply 312/10/2012

I guess the GOP called Zucker and complained about O'Brien's daring to question Republicans spinning on her show. Burnett is more pliable.

by Anonymousreply 412/10/2012

They should move her to a house in CT where the frau can cook and clean

by Anonymousreply 512/10/2012

Why the love affair with Erin?

by Anonymousreply 612/10/2012

Erin was very popular on CNBC, r6. I think over at CNN, they just don't know how to groom talents anymore. What happened to Erin over at CNN is that they didn't know how to market her. They also didn't know that she's at her best when she's playing off of someone else (i.e., a co-host) and discussing the market. She was lost on CNN. I have not seen her since she left CNBC and made appearances on MSNBC (usually on Morning Joe).

by Anonymousreply 712/10/2012

That's nice, but it's a shame none of her castmates from "Happy Days" would help her

by Anonymousreply 812/10/2012

Rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

by Anonymousreply 912/10/2012

As long as Piers is relegated to the overnight hours I'll be happt.

by Anonymousreply 1012/10/2012

Erin seems to have become very corporate since moving to CNN.

by Anonymousreply 1112/10/2012

Seriously, why isn't his FIRST move to shitcan to execrable Piers Morgan?

by Anonymousreply 1212/10/2012

Because Morgan is the top-rated prime-time show on CNN right now. Far and above any of CNN's other "news" show, including Anderson's.

by Anonymousreply 1312/10/2012

R7. I agree with what you said. I used to enjoy Erin Burnett's brief appearances on MSNBC's 'Morning Joe.'

I don't enjoy Erin's nighttime show, but maybe it's just too much Erin. And the MSNBC nighttime hosts are so much better than anyone else on television, so I stick with them.

by Anonymousreply 1412/10/2012

Piers Morgan has got to go. He may be top-rated on CNN, but that's not saying much.

by Anonymousreply 1512/10/2012

When are they finally going to lay the Murdoch mess on him?

by Anonymousreply 1612/10/2012

Who wants to wake up to Erin's bitchface?

by Anonymousreply 1712/10/2012

Clueless careerist and Wall Street shill, so perfect for CNN domestic.

by Anonymousreply 1812/11/2012

Piers Morgan should be in jail.

by Anonymousreply 1912/11/2012

I was on team Bartiromo.

by Anonymousreply 2012/11/2012

I fucking loathe her and will never watch CNN while she is employed there. Not that I would anyway. Corporate and bankster shill to the max. Her husband is high up at Citi; she is a former Goldman Sachs crook.

by Anonymousreply 2112/11/2012

That is probably the most apt description of Erin Burnett I've read anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 2212/11/2012

Get rid of Erin Burnett, can't stand her, she seems like the bitch who complains about what's wrong in washington, then goes home to her wealthy boyfriend, fucks him. Then reports on cnn the next day about how horrible things are. I just don't buy her journalism, fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 2312/11/2012

R4 is probably right. Soledad will go after lying right wingers and call them out on their bullshit quite forcefully, she's about the only one on CNN who does that and I guess that doesn't sit well with their corporate bosses. Erin Burnett is always very happy to kiss conservatives ass and find whatever way she can to bash Democrats and President Obama. It's a dumb move by Zucker, but he's supposed to be known for dumb moves.

by Anonymousreply 2412/11/2012

A decision was made before Zucker came in to move Soledad out of mornings. Do not ask how I know this...

by Anonymousreply 2512/11/2012

R25 - How do you know this?

by Anonymousreply 2612/11/2012

Erin was AWFUL on CNBC and many celebrated when she left. I don't know why these networks continue to push her up the ladder, she's not that good.

by Anonymousreply 2712/11/2012

Soledad is just about the only good thing on CNN and not to mention the only morning news show I can watch. She's bright and you get the impression that there's a real person there. Erin is a cunt and stole the thunder from the money honey, who I can't stand anyway. I heard first day on the job, if people wanna suck up to Zucker, they have to shave their heads and walk around like they've got doodie in their pants.

by Anonymousreply 2812/11/2012

CNN needs to send Wolf Blitzer to the glue factory and replace him with O'Brien.

by Anonymousreply 2912/11/2012

Soledad and Brianna Keilar should host a morning show.

by Anonymousreply 3012/11/2012

He should have her on 4 a.m. ET.

by Anonymousreply 3112/11/2012

I don't watch CNN, but every time I see Soledad's name in a headline, it always reads something like: "Soledad O'Brien shuts down GOP lawmaker." Apparently she's really confrontational now?

by Anonymousreply 3212/11/2012

Well she doesn't allow conservatives to make up their own facts without challenging them.

by Anonymousreply 3312/11/2012

What R33 said. She actually calls them out on BS.

by Anonymousreply 3412/11/2012

r32, some of her guests seem to forget they are coming on CNN and not some innocuous morning show where the host will kiss their ass. Soledad holds people accountable for every single word they say, and it is interesting to watch. I for one like that Soledad and CNN mean business, there are so many other places on TV to watch fluff in the morning. CNN deserves to tank even further if they take her off mornings. I like r30's idea.

by Anonymousreply 3512/11/2012

I don't think it's a good move. I'm a former TV news junkie. I still watch maybe an hour or two of news a week. I think her program right now is fine. It may need a few tweaks. CNN has a long-running problem of having female co-anchors who don't mesh well with their male counterparts on the morning shows.

by Anonymousreply 3612/11/2012

Barbra Streisand is going to be on Piers Morgan's show on Friday. Apparently she's going to drop a bombshell about her and Marlon Brando.

by Anonymousreply 3712/11/2012

Last thing I remember was Zucker rumored, I had no idea they actually gave him the job. What fucking morons! How does this guy keep failing upwards?

by Anonymousreply 3812/11/2012

He should pair Anderson Cooper and Sue Simmons up for a morning show. 'Wake up with Anderson and Sue' Find a pretty girl to read the news and a hot Hispanic guy to give the weather. It would be the #1 cable news show in 6 months.

by Anonymousreply 3912/11/2012

When does Anderson get fired for shittastic ratings?

by Anonymousreply 4012/11/2012

Looks like never r40. At least not until a new break out star shows up.

by Anonymousreply 4112/11/2012

If AC goes, I'm done with CNN for good, there's barely a reason to watch it now, but that will be it for me if he goes.

by Anonymousreply 4212/11/2012

He's not that good of a reporter r42. Last time he was amazing was his Katrina reporting. Nothing on CNN is worth it. That goes for all news channels except for Maddow.

by Anonymousreply 4312/11/2012

I love Maddow too, she is exceptionally great, but I also think Anderson's a good reporter as well. For me Soledad, Fareed and AC are the only ones worth watching, but I'm not going to be bothered with CNN if AC goes. I will say that CNN is good when there's a big crisis or natural disaster happening, but that's about it.

by Anonymousreply 4412/11/2012

I suppose you are right about CNN and natural disasters r44. The bar is low but CNN will do.

by Anonymousreply 4512/11/2012

R26, wait and see.

by Anonymousreply 4612/11/2012

[quote]A decision was made before Zucker came in to move Soledad out of mornings. Do not ask how I know this...

How do you know this?

by Anonymousreply 4712/11/2012

Why hasn't Anderson Cooper been fired yet?

by Anonymousreply 4812/11/2012

The way Barbra keeps mentioning Brando in all these interviews, I think we're going to find out that they had a brief affair. I know Streisand idolized him.

by Anonymousreply 4912/11/2012

ok I hope this makes it back to jeff zucker:

by all means, move Erin to mornings but keep her focus on financial matters and the markets. it suits her cold personality. with wall street front and center in the news there is plenty of work for her, but her curent format is just bornin and she comes off as VERY JUDGEMENTAL.

Is she an anchor or a commentator?

also, jeff, 360 bores me to tears and then it comes in 3 more times. find a way to spice up that show. when AC went to chicago and covered the gave violence, that was the only interesting 360 I can remember.

The weekend guy, don Lemon, also goes back and forth between anchor and judgmental commentator. let him have a show where he is one or the other.

there is a theme here; good talent, but boring and droning production and delivery. (AC, Ms. Burnette)

As for P Morgan, he needs to stop interrupting people and let them speak. he is more focused on his questions than guest's answers. he needs to know when to let a guest speak for gods sake. his narssism pokes through many interviews.

one other thing, while I have you jeff, it's hard to tell what is live and what is taped on there. and all the rerunning and news that is old 4 hours later could be tightened up.

and Ashley banifield...well, that's a thread of it's own. but she has grown on me. I like her add style, but it's messy at first glance.

by Anonymousreply 5012/11/2012

i enjoyed Erin on MSNBC, so was eager to see her show on CNN. i turned it off after the first comment she made -- some smack down of Occupy Wall Street. showed her cards form word one. rich is best, step on the poor. heard all that before.

by Anonymousreply 5112/11/2012

That fucker Jeff Zucker has cleared out CNN's snack room

by Anonymousreply 5212/11/2012

Ah is the Macys and Nordstroms the same? What kind of hockey mask?

Anderson Coopers questions during Oregon mall shooting

by Anonymousreply 5312/11/2012

Wait, are you serious r53? Did he really asked that?

by Anonymousreply 5412/11/2012

AC knows the difference between Macy's and Nordstrom's he just does that for the benefit of the viewers. He's very calm and cautious during breaking news and I appreciate that. They better NOT fire him.

by Anonymousreply 5512/11/2012

AC is not a journalist and never has been. He belongs on a daytime tv talk show.

by Anonymousreply 5612/11/2012

He's a good reporter who gets unfair criticism.

by Anonymousreply 5712/11/2012

I rarely even watch Piers Moragn, and yet I hear him ask the same fucking, nauseating question of everyone:

"How many times have you been properly in love?"

Piers is bordering on Mitt Romney-level douchebaggery.

by Anonymousreply 5812/11/2012

Larry King pulled that stupid questions on his show as well.

by Anonymousreply 5912/11/2012

Finally someone appointed to a position who will give voice to the unrepresented overclass. Erin will be in a position to represent those poor souls who had to STRUGGLE through years of entitlement and privilege at St. Andrew's and Williams, and will be able to speak to the harried life of being engaged to a Citigroup banker after toil in the salt mines at Goldman Sachs. As a true representative of the 1%, she will counter the regular blizzard of stories about ordinary Americans who make less that $500,000 per year.

by Anonymousreply 6012/11/2012

I'll never forgive Burnett for mocking and dismissing OWS, acting like it was a big joke.

by Anonymousreply 6112/12/2012

The thing I find strange about Erin Burnett (who is on the Council on Foreign Affairs) is that (power-fluffing and shilling for the financial class and the rest of her warped value-system aside) she just doesn't seem all that bright.

by Anonymousreply 6212/12/2012

Sounds like Zucker wants Anderson out but he's keeping those fuckers Morgan and Burnett. Early rumors from NY Post, we'll see how this actually turns out, but the DL anti-AC troll is going to have a billion orgasms over this news.

[italic]Incoming president of CNN Worldwide Jeff Zucker has plans to bring ousted “Today” show co-host Ann Curry to his new network as a high-profile anchor, sources tell Page Six.

Zucker — the former executive producer of “Today” and one-time NBC Universal head — is interested in installing Curry in CNN’s 8 p.m. time slot, we hear, which is currently occupied by Anderson Cooper.

Sources say Cooper could then segue to a “Christiane Amanpour role” as a globetrotting correspondent.

“Jeff wants a headliner like Rachel Maddow or Bill O’Reilly in prime time,” a source says. “He cannot allow the low ratings at CNN to continue . . . so he can’t hire a nobody. Curry fits that CNN-smarty-pants-foreign-affairs type.”

The source adds that Curry’s ouster as co-anchor over at NBC’s “Today” would actually work to boost her appeal with audiences. “Package her experience as a news anchor for 14 years at NBC with the sympathy that’s remained out there for her after the way the ‘Today’ show treated her,” the source said.

Curry’s tearful on-air farewell after being fired by NBC over the summer as “Today” co-host — having been given just a year on the job — was widely described as an “execution.”

Cooper, meanwhile, acknowledged CNN’s ratings woes and potential changes under Zucker’s imminent reign, telling CBS’ “This Morning” last week, “We’ve always done well when things are happening, and it’s in the slower times that we’ve run into problems, and I hope we figure it all out.”

The Post also reported this week that Zucker’s looking to Erin Burnett to revive CNN’s ratings by making her a morning anchor with a male co-host.

CNN’s rep said, “There is no shortage of rumors about what Jeff will do. He doesn’t start until late January, and any speculation at this point is just silly.” An NBC rep said, “Ann Curry is under contract with NBC News.”[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 6312/12/2012

yes, except Ann Curry is a horrible anchor and not exactly a wonderful reporter.

by Anonymousreply 6412/12/2012

Nobody watches Erin at night, no fucking way are they gonna watch her in the morning.

CNN has tried many, many times to revive the AM shows, with NO luck.

by Anonymousreply 6512/12/2012

R61 Erin may have made fun of occupy wall street but we got the last laugh. We won the election! Ha! Ha!

by Anonymousreply 6612/12/2012

Erin Burnett can't even speak properly. Last night she took a phrase consisting of 9 words and took a long, dramatic pause between every second word. Who does she think she is - William Shatner? She likely thinks she's being cute, but cutsy she's not - just irritating and non-professional.

by Anonymousreply 6701/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.