Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

A standing ovation at a bridal shower? Too much?

My friend Dawna wants this for her bridal shower next month. She has already asked her good friend to stand up from her chair and start clapping the second Dawna enters the restaurant. It was supposed to be a surprise, but she's too much of a control freak.

She also wanted a dress code, with everyone wearing light blue or dark orange (her colors). She wanted this printed on the invitation, but thankfully we talked her out of it.

Is the clapping going too far? She has also vowed to ask for the receipts on anything that isn't from her registry lists. At the shower.

by Anonymousreply 4503/02/2013

The clapping is very silly indeed, but why the fuck not. It's ten seconds out of your life, to make a friend happy.

But if you don't have a light blue or orange outfit, buying a new outfit for someone's shower IS too much to ask.

by Anonymousreply 112/10/2012

Are you lost, OP? If not, then get lost.

by Anonymousreply 212/10/2012

Liza! had entrance applause as she walked down the aisle at her wedding to David......but look how that turned out.

by Anonymousreply 312/10/2012

Hi. This is Dawna. Please put $3000 dollars in unmarked bills in a plain manila envelope under the big rock at the corner of Main and Cedar Street if you want to see Miss Sissy Boodles alive ever again.

by Anonymousreply 612/10/2012

Will the shower receipts say, "Obnoxious Fat Chick?"

by Anonymousreply 712/10/2012

Of course it is, R8, but it's spontaneous. No one but crude trailer trash would require it ahead of time.

by Anonymousreply 912/10/2012

OP may well be a troll -- I ADORE 'Dawna,' but come on now -- but there are many, many young women exactly like this out there.

by Anonymousreply 1012/10/2012

Dawna sounds insufferable. Does she have any redeeming qualities, OP? From what you've written, I'd suggest punch & delete.

by Anonymousreply 1112/10/2012

Is Dawna a lesbian, OP? If so, we shall advise you as to how to deal with her.

If not, you may want to post this at iVillage. This is a GAY site. For gay people.

by Anonymousreply 1212/10/2012

What, exactly, did she do to merit a standing ovation besides saying "yes" at the appropriate time? Ridiculous. Let us know when she breaks an Olympic record or cures cancer.

by Anonymousreply 1312/10/2012

Tacky all around. She must be a Bridezilla.

by Anonymousreply 1412/10/2012

"Dawna," lol.

by Anonymousreply 1512/11/2012

You just know Dawna looks like this...

by Anonymousreply 1612/11/2012

We suggest as an alternative that the shower be changed to a backyard potluck.

by Anonymousreply 1712/11/2012

What makes a bridezilla like this? Low self esteem, narcissism, attention whoredom? I hate weddings but they can be pleasant events if the bride is civilized. My sister was married in a small, simple ceremony. She asked her bridesmaids to wear their favorite black dress and gifts were optional. If people wanted to give a gift, she suggested several charities to which to donate.

by Anonymousreply 1812/11/2012

Let her have what she wants. It won't kill ya will it?

by Anonymousreply 1912/11/2012

If my mother had named me Dawna, she would have learned what it felt like to be murdered.

by Anonymousreply 2012/11/2012

Does she shave her pussy?

by Anonymousreply 2112/11/2012

Dark orange is nobody's color. Either Dawna. has no taste or this is an EST

by Anonymousreply 2212/11/2012

[quote] Either Dawna. has no taste or this is an EST

No it's typical bridezilla. By making them look as ridiculous as posible she assures her place as the most beautiful girl of the day.

by Anonymousreply 2312/11/2012

You should ask her to fill a glass up with breastmilk. Only then will she get a standing ovation.

by Anonymousreply 2512/11/2012

Shades of Bee and Bear.

by Anonymousreply 2612/11/2012

2/10

Try harder OP.

by Anonymousreply 2812/11/2012

Enough, R27. Boring, stupid, lame and WAY overdone.

by Anonymousreply 2912/11/2012

Volcanic nipples did make me giggle but I concor with r29.

by Anonymousreply 3012/11/2012

I just dry heaved at that last line r31

by Anonymousreply 3212/11/2012

Frau flatulence! Frau flatulence! Frau flatulence!Frau flatulence!Frau flatulence!Frau flatulence!Frau flatulence!Frau flatulence!Frau flatulence!Frau flatulence!Frau flatulence!Frau flatulence!Frau flatulence!Frau flatulence!Frau flatulence!Frau flatulence!Frau flatulence!Frau flatulence!Frau flatulence!Frau flatulence!Frau flatulence!Frau flatulence!Frau flatulence!Frau flatulence!Frau flatulence!Frau flatulence!Frau flatulence!Frau flatulence!

by Anonymousreply 3312/11/2012

Is that your advice to OP, r33?

by Anonymousreply 3512/11/2012

I thought "Dawna" was good, too.

by Anonymousreply 3612/11/2012

First they have to be fucking princesses for the day at their goddam weddings , now we have to stand and bow and wear the royal colors because they are giving birth?

Sorry bitches. There's lots of queens in the world. ...but a genuine princess is exceedingly rare

(Same thing goes for all you "divas" out there. Maria Callas was a diva. Keshonna is not)

I'd send a gift and be done with it.

by Anonymousreply 3712/11/2012

Dawna's big day was today. The shower went off without a hitch. The standing ovation happened and she pretended to be completely overcome with emotion, falling to a nearby chair and putting a tissue over her face. I don't know if people bought it.

She threw one fit because the wine glasses were not the particular style she had put on her registry. Fortunately her sister told her to knock the shit off before she got completely out of control. Now....onto the wedding!

by Anonymousreply 3803/02/2013

There is way too much blubbering and standing ovations going on. At one time, standing ovations were rare and an audience knew that they were only for something outstanding. Nowadays applauding and standing ovations are given out like M&Ms at Halloween, just like blubbering bitches (including men) on the TV news. No "hearts and flowers" story is complete without someone turning on the waterworks. Since standing ovations are so commonplace now...whatever floats your fuckin boat......

by Anonymousreply 3903/02/2013

Liza! got a standing ovation at her wedding.

by Anonymousreply 4003/02/2013

I noticed that there was applauding and lots of blubbering among the "faithful" when Benny called it quits. I guess the Catholic Church itself has gone white trash all the way to the top now. Oh for the days when a mass was accompanied by dignified pipe organ music and the Latin language, not applause and banjo and guitar strumming masses. I might as well go to some "box church" in a strip mall somewhere that "fellowships".

by Anonymousreply 4103/02/2013

[quote]Liza! got a standing ovation at her wedding.

Guests thought it was time to leave.

by Anonymousreply 4203/02/2013

no r42.....Liza! got entrance applause and a standing ovation....she should have just skipped the vow and gone right into Ring Them Bells.

by Anonymousreply 4303/02/2013

OP, thanks for the update. Please keep us informed. For some reasons bridezillas amuse me to no end. They seem like the bouquet of all that's wrong with the society today.

by Anonymousreply 4403/02/2013

Would that include too many standing ovations freely and emotionally handed out as well as other forms of lack of self control such as too much teary eyed stuff r44?

by Anonymousreply 4503/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.