Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Male Patient Modesty

[quote]I started having pain in the testicles, i figured i sat down to fast and injured myself, upon doing the self-exam i noticed a lump. I went to my primary care doctor, the medical assistant wanted to know the exact reason, I told her "non specific male issues" she did not like this. Once the doctor finally checked he ordered a STAT testicular ultrasound. I called to book the test, i was told my techs name, she was obviously female, i asked for a male tech, i was denied as they didnt employee male ultrasound techs, I refused to be exposed infront of any females.

[quote]Once I was out of surgery in post op i remember the female nurse trying to lift the blankets to place an ice pack on my groin instinctively i hit the blanket down and said NO (the first time i spoke since waking up) The doctor came over and told the nurse as he placed it from the other side. Not to expose the patient and if anything was needed that they were to call him to do it. I got dressed and moved to the discharge nurse, due to the type of surgery i was required to urinate prior to discharge, after being hounded, I finally had the urge, when i got up to go into the bathrom the female nurse tried to follow me into the bathroom, my brother (he is a BIG boy) kind of pushed his way in behind me this nurse was MAD she was huffing and puffing her attitude, and slammed the door shut. She looked back towards my bay where my mother was sitting watching the nurses behavior. the nurse was mumbling giving my mom dirty looks. I always get told "its just another body part its no big deal to us" but not one nurse can explain to me that if it is not a big deal to see it, why is it a big deal NOT to see it ? Email me if you guys have any questions so it can be posted I do want to share my story so others know they CAN stand up for themselves !

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 14405/22/2014

Poor dear must have suffered terribly when his mother changed his diapers.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 212/10/2012

My method for icing the testicles of a conscious patient is:

"Here, if you place this icepack on your testicles, it will reduce pain and swelling."

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 512/10/2012

My doctor has a male nurse - a hunky ex-Army medic. OP probably would approve of the male nurse, but OP wouldn't like my doctor because my doctor is female.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 712/10/2012

No R3 got it right. Small penis.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 1012/10/2012

God, what a freak. (You too, r6.)Does he suppose there were no female personnel in the OR when he had the surgery? Does he think female nurses and doctors really get a thrill out of looking at his nasty old junk?

[quote]I always get told "its just another body part its no big deal to us" but not one nurse can explain to me that if it is not a big deal to see it, why is it a big deal NOT to see it ?

Gee, freak show, maybe it's because you just had surgery on it and it's her JOB to check the useless thing!

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 1112/10/2012

[quote] Emergencies are a different story, of course, but when you have an opportunity to choose who you want for an elective procedure, then no one should be able to bully you into doing something you aren't comfortable with.

Since you'll likely be knocked out anyway, what the fuck does it matter?

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 1312/10/2012

Yes, sure, you should feel comfortable with your regular doctors, and if that means they need to be same-sex, so be it. And if you need surgery, of course you should choose the surgeon. But when having surgery followed by a hospital stay, it's bit unreasonable to expect that the entire staffing plan for the OR and your floor will be built around your need not to have ANY opposite-sex medical personnel see your private parts (which, for god's sake, really are just like any other body part and not private at all from a medical worker's standpoint).

This demand is particularly unreasonable if you are a man. Are these freaks unaware that even today, the large majority of nurses are women, and most low-paid med tech positions are filled by women, too? It's funny, because you know that when they're not worried about Naughty Nurse Nancy sneaking a peek at their peepees, these dudes are probably completely sexist in their attitudes toward men in traditionally female jobs.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 1512/10/2012

I wonder if these guys are aware how many men in the health care field are gay?

If they are worried about someone looking at their junk, or worse, making fun of it, I think they might be better off with women.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 1612/10/2012

Do you always sit down to fast?

Personally, I sit down to eat...

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 1712/11/2012

"i figure i sat down too fast" made me lol

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 1812/11/2012

Agree with R3. This sounds like shame, not modesty.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 1912/11/2012

The linked website is scary! And almost certainly the work of religous freaks of some sort or other. The whole "modesty" fetish sounds like Dominionists or whatever.

(And BTW, what ever happened to our Dominionist troll? I don't think he's been around for several weeks. Did they get to him? Gak!)

People who are so fucked in the head that they can't allow their precious bits to be gazed upon by healthcare professional of any gender need to just stay home and DIE.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 2012/11/2012

Haha, I sent the link to my friend, a female urologist. I'm sure she violates countless 'modest men' every day, the hussy!

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 2112/11/2012

I can only imagine what he would have made of the two grizzled dykes who assisted the doctor with my colonoscopy. I (dude) found their gruff but lovable presence comforting. Course I was out like a light five minutes after hitting the table, but still...

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 2212/11/2012

Christ, at this point I'd PAY to get violated. By anyone.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 2412/11/2012

Not a Michael Jackson fan at ALL, but am I right in remembering that a (male) doctor was alleged to have checked out his dick when Jackson was unconscious on the operating table? Not only that, but the dr also joked about it?

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 2512/11/2012

Don't forget poor Monty Clift. Not only was he mocked for having tinymeat whilst alive, but then the story was that as he lay in the morgue, people would gather around and point and laugh at his smallness. No peace even in death.

When I had bladder problems a few years back, I was advised by my Doc to head to the nearest emergency room and let them get a catheter in there. I had been in hospital a few times prior, but it was never an issue to have something inserted in "down there." Well, the female nurse with an orderly witnessing, went to work and I totally surrendered any modesty I had lived with all my life. I had a few setbacks and wound up with a catheter for almost two months. It had to be replaced several times and by the time it was all over, I had been "revealed" to about a dozen male and female medical people.

No more modesty for this guy. You wanna see? Here ya go!!

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 2612/11/2012

R20, Dominion Wackiness Troll said that he/she wouldn't be able to post regularly on Mondays anymore. He/she will post when able however, though it may be infrequently.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 2812/11/2012

How does he ever have sex with women if he's terrified of anyone seeing his penis?

I agree with the suspicions about extreme tinymeat/micropenis.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 2912/11/2012

As a long time health care working in many capacities there has always been a double standard. Men have never been provided any modesty. Strip and expose is customary. Nurses are tough cookies and can take care of business when needed. Truth is male nurses are seldom given access to female patients and when they do the simplest protest will stop that access. Not enough men in nursing, so hard to provide any modesty. Wait until you get to the nursing home unless you luck out and get a cute orderly.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 3012/11/2012

So did the surgery heal Scalia?

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 3112/11/2012

Wow. I've never thought twice about this. I mean ... they're professionals, there to do a job. I'm sure they could give two shits about my package.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 3212/11/2012

Whip it out, Take her home with me

Whip it out, it is all I need

Whip it out, I only got one chance

Cut or uncut, but they all can dance

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 3312/11/2012

What r32 said. I seldom use the phrase "get over yourself" but it applies here.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 3512/11/2012

I believe Muslims (at least the ones who aren't ultra-conservative and like to make up their own rules) have a medical personnel exception.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 3812/11/2012

[R32], you've got it exactly right. With typical 12-hour shifts, a CNA, tech, or nurse would have to be a man or woman of steel to notice or care about what any patient has down there. It is a job.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 4212/11/2012

When people say they prefer a person of the same gender, etc, to be their caregiver, I remember how in Imperial Russia, Jews weren't allowed to be MDs because that society didn't want them to put their hands on gentiles -- especially the women.

So this sort of preference thing can go too far, although since MDs and nurses are people and can be freaks too, it might be a good idea to acknowledge this fact openly, instead of cloaking it in gender preferences.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 4412/12/2012

None of you have something in your pants that health workers have not seen before. A nurse taught a class I was in how to catheterize a male patient and asked for a volunteer to be catheterized. The class leader got up on the gurney. He removed his pants, got on the gurney she covered him with a sheet, folding back to expose his genitals and proceeded to demonstrate. It wasn't the first dick she had seen nor was it the first one we had.Every male has one, well most males. I know some on this site have two.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 4512/12/2012

[quote] Remember that bartender who couldn't even cut a woman's hair.

Damn those Muslim bartenders!!!

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 4612/12/2012

Was your class leader hot, R45?

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 4712/12/2012

I wouldn't want a female doctor, mostly because of the prostate exam procedure. Women tend to have long boney fingers and I can't stand the idea of that going up my ass.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 4812/12/2012

Rev Fred is a hoot!

[quote] I believe that Divine Providence placed me as a patient in the OR, permitted to be demeaned by female medical workers, in order to experience firsthandedly, some of the vexation of my departed church member.

[quote] The following year, I did walk a mile in my congregant's mocassins.

Basically another way to try and screw over women. The one 'traditionally female' job, and now they are pissed that there are no men on the wards.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 4912/12/2012

I don't have micropenis, but it is smaller than average and it is the "grower" type that really shrinks away when not erect. In Junior High School, I was embarrassed in the gym showers, but I got used to it. Now I've had all sorts of medical care by male and female personnel, and in traveling North America as a truck driver, I take showers all over the country with strangers, go to nude beaches at every opportunity, and have some level of sexual activity with anyone who is willing, male or female. The idea of wanting privacy from female medical personnel is just weird to me. And hiding the tinymeat doesn't make sense, as you get over that by the early 20's.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 5012/12/2012

[R45] Yes he was hot,tall, built, blond with a big dick.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 5112/12/2012

Well now, R51, you've just made this thread useless without pics.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 5212/12/2012

I agree with the poster who commented on the double standard: It is okay for a woman to not want her private areas examined by a man; a man who does not want his private areas examined by a woman becomes a target of anger or/and ridicule

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 5312/14/2012

Receiving medical care of an extremely personal nature by the opposite gender depends on the context (at least for me). ER or major surgery is distinctly different than an outpatient appointment with your urologist. When choosing a physician, the only things I’m certain about is board certification and gender, everything else is a roll of the dice. When agreeing to a particular exam or procedure, I’ve at least established a professional relationship and comfortable enough with that physician to agree with his (or her) recommendation. My issue with a urological procedure and the physician requiring assistance, is the female nurse/assistant, who’ve I’ve never met, arriving in the exam room unannounced, with little if any introduction, and no explanation of why their presence is required. Additionally, I’ve no idea what their professional qualifications are. Many times they are not nurses’ at all but simply medical assistants. Personally, a female high school graduate, with 12 months of vocational training, has not earned the professional distinction to witness, much less participate, in any exam or procedure of a personal nature. However, if I’ve established a professional relationship with a female nurse, I may agree to her presence, if informed consent is obtained. For me personally, the gender of my doctor when I need to be undressed or talk about very personal health problems is important. Being seen undressed by male nurses or assistants isn’t much different than changing my clothes in the locker room at the gym. But undressing for women (I’m not married to) is very uncomfortable. Having been on the receiving end of just such an incident, I asked my Urologist the following questions: With the exception of yourself and another male physician, I see an all female team. Given the extremely personal nature of the care you provide and the potential for embarrassment, where are your male staff members? Response: the only males are two of three physicians. You do understand many men, if asked, would decline opposite gender intimate care? If you doubt that, just look at the male/female patient ratio between the three physicians of this practice; that’s no accident. Response: 70% of male patients are seen by the two male physicians and indicated he was aware of patient preferences. You would never expect a female patient to submit to an intimate examination or procedure with a male assistant without asking first, correct? Response: He agreed. If you require assistance to perform a particular exam or procedure, do you ask your patient whether a female attending is acceptable? Response: No. Why do you assume its OK for a female to be present? Response: He doesn’t have any male nurses or assistants and cannot afford to staff a practice with all male staff. I replied no one expects an all male staff; one would be better than none. Response: No comment. Your failure to ask is presumptuous, unethical, and unprofessional. Instead, you and your assistant effectively ambush patients expecting compliance. Naked in need of medical care is a difficult time to make a stand. Where is the informed consent? Response: no comment. Needless to say, he is no longer my physician. There is clearly only one standard of care for both genders; I am entitled to the same standard of modesty, dignity, and privacy that female patients are routinely afforded!

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 5412/23/2012

Well R54, I...zzzzzzzzz

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 5512/23/2012

It is true that R54's post is way too long. But I did take the time to read it and his argument is completely valid. Discrimination against men is accepted in these situations.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 5612/23/2012

This is why we hate you.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 5812/23/2012

Can't stand the truth can you?

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 5912/23/2012

No, women don't always have access to female gynos and other medical personnel. Every insurance company I've ever had, there were a few female doctors, who were always full up and I could never get one. I don't really care about internists or GP's but it's nice to have a same sex gyno, just because I remember the bad old days when doctors would call women crybabies if they said anything hurt and just generally be very dismissive and insulting. That's what's really unpleasant, not the sex of the doctor.

The last surgery I had, I needed to go to the bathroom right after. Two young guys I'd never seen before helped me and saw my bare (fat, old) ass. Did I want them to? No, but they were doing their job and I'm not going to insult people who are trying to be professional and do their job.

Anybody who thinks it's all females all the time in the hospital and other meducal settings must not have been sick in the last few years. They just send whoever they have and you can get anybody. My dad was bathed by cute young girls in the nursing home, and he would flirt with them. I'm sure they didn't like that either, he was 80 years old and a lech.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 6012/23/2012

How many male nurses or assistants have you seen at your OB/GYN practice?

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 6212/23/2012

If you get meTV, there's a Brady Bunch episode on right now about this issue from a child's perspective.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 6312/23/2012

Male nurse here.

One thing that is drummed into you in nursing school is to respect patient modesty. I've never, ever seen this basic medical tenet violated in any way.

You're doing a job, you get very clinical, you don't even think about sex stuff.

Muslim women are the most obnoxious about all this. Usually they are just off the boat from some backwards Muslim country, can't speak a word of English and are just plain ignorant. Demand female doctors, nurses and attendants. Oh, and we pay their medical bills, folks.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 6412/23/2012

Male nurses - none. Male doctors - plenty. And a lot of them act like they hate women.

At the hospital - lots of male nurses, and they do not serve men only. Every woman I know who's gone to the hospital for the last few years has had at least one male nurse. They are usually pretty nice guys. Last time I went, I had all males but one, my dad had all females. Go figure.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 6512/23/2012

I have a friend who is a doctor. He says that a lot of his dates want him to "play doctor" as foreplay. He finds that very boring since it's work to him.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 6712/23/2012

Cut it out, R23. My coworkers 70 year old MIL insisted when she moved here that she must have a male doctor. People can be all kinds of irrational.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 6912/23/2012

Some of you people need to fucking grow up. It is absurd to care about the gender of a hospital health care professional. Your only concern should be that the person is competent. Whining that someone is bad at their job because of their gender is ridiculous.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 7012/23/2012

I far prefer a woman PCP. The last time I requested a woman, the customer service person at my HMO inquired whether I would be willing to say why. I said it was because men don't listen and I don't want a doctor who doesn't listen to me. The CSR laughed and said her father is a doctor and he never listens to anyone.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 7112/23/2012

My current (woman) MD never listens. That's a doctor thing. If women MDs seem to be listening, they usually are listening for gossip.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 7212/23/2012

I had to have a testicular sonagram once, wherein a GIRL ran a computer mouse thingie over my nad. I asked whether there were any males available for this procedure, and was told "No!"

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 7501/02/2013

I use the modesty claim thing to my advantage. Of course I'd rather have a male nurse or hot little guy tech tend to my privates - Unless it's to administer the enema, then old Broomhilda is just fine.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 7701/02/2013

R54's post is excellent.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 7808/23/2013

I'm really surprised at some of these responses.

I don't give a fuck if the care provider is straight, gay, male, or female.

Then again I'm male, and I understand that women have been mistreated in the medical system.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 7908/23/2013

I had a testicular sonogram by a young female technician who was very respectful and professional about it. It can be embarrassing but I don't think I would have felt any better with a male technician.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 8008/23/2013

When I had a hemorrhoid removed I didn't mind the doctor's older "grandmotherly" nurse at all. But when he got a young good looking hot (female) nurse I did not like her looking at my anal slit...true story....

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 8108/23/2013

A few years ago I hurt my nose. When I started to get dressed after the treatment an orderly came running over and was like no no let me do that, don't bend over! He proceeded to just rip my clothes off and I was suddenly naked then quickly dressed.

It would have been hot if I didn't have pusss and blood oozing out of my face.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 8208/23/2013

I have no problem being nude in front of a doctor of either sex provided we are alone. I refuse to be nude in front of a male and female doctor at the same time. I don't know why. That just makes me very uncomfortable. How's that for screwed up?

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 8308/23/2013

When I was hospitalized last year, my CNA was male (I'm female). He provided the best, most consistent care. He saw my naked ass more than once and I'm grateful that he was there. He was a real advocate and provided exceptional care. I also had four female nurses over my four-day stay. They were all proficient with varying degrees of awesomeness. They explained everything to me and did their best to help me maintain a tiny bit of modesty.

I had three male nurses in this same time frame. One was good. The other two were horrendous. One walked in, introduced himself and immediately flipped my gown up, exposing my girlie goods to a friend who was sitting in the room. He was creepy beyond words. I ended up firing him later that night because he did some unsanitary things to my IV catheter. And when I asked him about it, he tried to cover up his mistakes. He thought I was too out of it and too stupid to know. I'm sure they labeled me a difficult patient after that encounter but that man was a creepy, perverted, dangerous nurse. And, as I told the charge nurse, I didn't want to pick up an infection through the nurse's bad practices.

The third male nurse was shitty. I could tell he got into the field because he thought he was going to have a medical career. That man delayed my release because of his incompetence. The good male nurse was gay. He was awesome but overloaded.

Because of my experiences, I support any patient's right to demand a health care provider that makes them feel comfortable. A medical professional who makes someone feel stupid or difficult over such a simple request is no professional in my opinion. Yes, there will be instances where a person can't, and shouldn't, choose male or female. But I don't think it's unreasonable to expect nurses and doctors to value and protect my privacy. And that includes informing me if and when an extra person needs to witness an exam. It's not a value judgement against a nurse's skills if someone asks for a different caretaker but some of the posters in this thread act as if it is.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 8408/24/2013

I'll take 'things that end in pam' for $500, Alex.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 8508/24/2013

your sex organs are just like any other organ for a medical professional, after years of seeing everything honestly you really couldn't care less - this guy has issues, and like most people with issues it becomes a pain in the ass for everyone else.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 8608/24/2013

R81 anal slit?

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 8808/26/2013

OP,you're the one they laugh about at the nurses station.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 8908/26/2013

I knew we had a lot of whackjobs on DL, but holy shit, this thread is just... wow.

Ya'll are fucking FREAKS.

It's a penis, get the fuck over it. EVERYONE has seen penii in their lives, and it's not a big fucking deal at all.

Cripes, I worked for a travelling carnival when I was 20, and for the first few weeks, I asked all the guys in my bunkhouse to leave when I was changing into my bedclothes for the night (I'm a chick). Finally, one guy said something very wise to me: "If I haven't seen it before, sweetheart, I'll shoot it!"

It really opened my eyes; I mean, everyone's got either male or female parts [duh], and everyone else knows what those parts surely look like. No need to be such a "no peeking!" freak!

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 9008/26/2013

FYI, if you are ever unconscious, there is an extremely high probability that a lady doctor or nurse will handle your man bits and give your a "one finger wave" during examination and catheterization.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 9108/26/2013

R91, what does "one finger wave" mean?

You mean they'll waggle your unconscious bits about, as a joke?

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 9208/26/2013

r92 A finger wave is a digit up your doodie hole.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 9308/26/2013

R92, it is a finger in the butt, to check for rectal tone and presence of blood.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 9408/26/2013

There's a really simple answer: get your healthcare in Saudi Arabia. No danger of gender boundaries being breached. And you'll be with plenty of other religious whackjobs.

Seriously, what is this "modesty" thing ? It's healthcare, not a first date.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 9508/26/2013

What a pussy.

I don't care the gender of medical professionals. All that matters is they be competent, thorough and professional.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 9908/26/2013

Never let a female touch your genitals, she will jinx them.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 10008/26/2013

What r99 said! MARY OP---do you REALLY think the doctors / nurses / techs give a fuck about your tiny peepee? These medical professionals see peepees and hoohas and buttholes ALL THE FUCKING TIME! Sheesh---unclutch your pearls AND your ass cheeks!

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 10108/26/2013

I'm sorry, but a grown man who obsesses over this has some issues.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 10308/26/2013

[quote](a "one finger wave") is a finger in the butt, to check for rectal tone and presence of blood.

Okaaayyy...

[waits for punchline]

So fucking what?

They're checking for medically valid reasons. If there's blood in your ass, don't you think the doctor should know about it?

Jesus Christ, you think that medical personell get a thrill out of sticking a finger up your poopchute?

That they're doing it for shits and giggles? [pardon the pun]

Or that the finger wave is just to lube up your asshole for the next step, where they stick in their entire hand and forearm and treat you like a ventriloquist's puppet?

Seriously, ya'll are fucking freaks!

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 10408/26/2013

I ain't gonna let no woman touch my Charlie Browns!!!!!

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 10908/28/2013

If I'm sick, I don't really care who does what. I have some friends who are nurses, and they really don't give a fuck. They only things they care about are that you're clean (*looks at Cheryl*), and that you just do what you're told because they got shift to do.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 11008/28/2013

[quote]This thread shows yet again how furious so many of you are the real world refuses to be like gay porn.

"Forever furious the real world refuses to be like gay porn" should be the official motto of Datalounge.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 11208/28/2013

[quotes]Female parts are less exposed than male parts also.

Which is exactly why more modesty and sensitivity is expected with female patients. Examining a woman's pelvis requires her to be literally splayed open with legs in stirrups and a doctor sticking his head in her crotch. Not exactly "turn and cough".

Even a prostate exam doesn't require men to be positioned into a contraption or "splayed" open. It's just bend over and bear it. Besides, it's a finger. Every man had pooped larger, longer and wider than a finger. Any guy who freaks out over a simple prostate exam has issues.

You can't compare men and women in these instances. In addition to anatomical features that require "compromising positions" for routine exams, women are socialized differently, and there is an inherent disparity in physical strength that makes women more vulnerable when they're alone in a room with man.

But a guy? Man up, dude.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 11308/28/2013

[quote]Wtf? I'm on your side, you stupid cunt. I was being sarcastic!

You're doing it all wrong.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 11408/28/2013

Um, who's mind am I trying to change?

Women = expected to be modest.

Men = not.

Men who require extreme modesty = issues.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 11608/28/2013

WHO CARES?!

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 11708/28/2013

But I would think a poster at a gay board would support someone not conforming to gender expectations. Also, plenty of males have been socialized to be modest, especially around women.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 11808/28/2013

Shyness is understandable, esp at first, but it's really in you Marys' interest to get over it. Your tackle box IS like Jiffylube to a competent medical pro and that's how it should be! Their isolated focus on the physical health of your manly bits gives them the perspective they need to do their job.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 11908/29/2013

Not my lady bits!

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 12008/29/2013

If a woman wants to juggle my nuts like Captain Queeg, OK. If a male Dr does it, I don't care how ugly he is, he a guy tossing my boys and boys will react!

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 12108/29/2013

r87 it's hardly patronizing or insensitive - my patients comfort is essential and I am respectful of their modesty. I am conveying to you that honestly I do not care if I am looking at old/young, male/female - just like a surgeon looks at an open body cavity you think he or she cares about anything other than the procedure? You over sensitive and overly modest people are putting the blame on me, making it seem like I am the unprofessional one going into the lounge to talk with co-workers about how big your fucking dick is or isn't when in reality I am a trained professional simply, with a high degree of competence, experience and gentle care for my patient doing a procedure, nothing more nothing less so if you think I care about how much hair you have on your vagina, I don't - I hardly notice and won't even remember 10 seconds after we are done and your genitals will be among hundreds I will see that week so get over it.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 12208/31/2013

Got it and I'm sure you're a great nurse. Moreover, no one is questioning your professionalism or empathy for your patients. However, its not about what you've seen, the procedures you've performed, or your professionalism. Exactly how or why is that supposed to make a patient more comfortable with opposite gender care. The only thing that matters is how the patient feels. Countless women daily choose same gender care and no one has a problem with it but guys cannot without being labeled sexist or worse; explain that!

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 12308/31/2013

A fertility clinic with which I have experience only allows male doctors to be alone with patients, who are all female; it's a reproductive endocrinology clinic, which is an OB/GYN subspecialty (think IVF).

Because all other male staff have to be accompanied by a woman, they--quite sensibly--only hire female clinical staff (other than the doctors, who are predominantly male, but OB/GYN is an old boy's field, bizarrely, especially its subspecialties).

I have no problem with this policy--makes sense all around. But urologists with male patients do not have a similar consideration.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 12408/31/2013

I don't blame him. As a female I would find a different lab if all they had were male technicians doing vaginal ultrasounds.

Doctors/nurses are completely different. I prefer female but am OK with male ones.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 12509/02/2013

When I pull my underwear down and my dick springs out I like to yell "Surprise!"

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 12609/02/2013

For decades women only had male gynos and had to deal with it and they survived.

This whole gender modesty issue is ridiculous, health care workers don't get their jollies looking at people's genitals, they have a job to do.

My son was delivered by male, my anesthesiologist was a male and of the several nurses that attended me that day one was a male nurse and it never bothered me that all these males were looking at my genitals.

My cousin is a gay male nurse practitioner and believe me they have seen it all and only want to make the patient feel comfortable.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 12709/02/2013

Ed, you sound like your lady bits need a good fondlin'.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 13009/09/2013

Bump for laffs

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 13412/31/2013

My 89 year old grandmother had to have hip replacement surgery, she insisted on a female doctor as she was convinced that a male doctor would "go mad with lust" if he saw her naked body. Oh to have such a wonderful body image!

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 13512/31/2013

Funny, R135. In my hospital, we try to accommodate everyone as much as we can, no matter how racist, sexist, religious, etc. a patient is. Unfortunately, we often can't accommodate them. If it's that important to them, we'll call and request staff from other units, but that often requires a long wait time, annoying for us and them. BTW, I'm not equating racism and sexism with religious beliefs, but it's the same thing to us when a patient requires a specific person that is not available.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 13601/01/2014

I love your grandmother, R135.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 13701/06/2014

Realy all of these people are professionals allthey want to do is helping their patients sa n male myself i prefer female doctors and nurses ,been with my female doctor for ten years.The only bad thing about modesty is that it is preventing you from getting the medical care you realy need i hate it if a exam is neglected because of modesty issues by medical staff

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 13801/24/2014

Wow, it's nice to know you ladies have sucha heathy & caring attitude toward your male patients... Consider your career choice a failure, healthCARE professionals you are not. You are breaking your oath by merely posting your degradation of your patients, much less your actual "treatment" of them. It would bea far different thing in your eyes, if the gender roles were reversed. Male nurses calling women freaks & telling them to stay home & die. I find both misogyny & misandry (hate of males) to be disgusting... May you get better treatment than you deserve when ur old bitter sagging asses go to the nursing home. I see this is an old thread, but i hope some of the witches see this... Compassion is part of your job??? Btw yes i admit it, i ended up here curious about nurse gossip. I overheard some embarassing remarks "his poor wife only gets nubbin lovin" "tee hee shouldn't I go get a pediatric cath? "etc... While my nurses thought i was asleep . I know these were merely silly remarks & had they realized i was awake i wouldn't have been the butt of them... But thenext day when i was a bit shy i was chastised for" making a big deal out of nothing". It felt very tongue in cheek mocking, at least very dismisive of my feelings? And yes i realize you can't run a hospital based on my personal hang ups... I don't ask for male care just a bit more compassion. It may not be your problem, but it is damaging to a man's soul (just as being treated like meat is to a women's)

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 13904/23/2014

& before you start posting your small man overreacting jokes... Yes i do have microphallus... No, i can't satisfy my wife with intercourse without a much larger strap on. Yes, i do have insecurity issues because of it. How is that an excuse to belittle me as a human & treat me like whinning cattle?

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 14004/23/2014

[quote] I don't ask for male care just a bit more compassion.

Then what is your point? Why are you posting here? Nobody is arguing that healthcare workers shouldn't have compassion.

Also, you should be belittled for your spelling, grammar, and inability to present an argument.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 14104/23/2014

The point is so called "professionals" who are almost always exclusively female, treat male patient medical care as some sort of spectator sport. And while they should have compassion, many times they don't; ask me how I know. Males are entitled to the same standards of privacy, dignity, and modesty but in reality don't receive it nearly to the same degree female patients do.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 14205/22/2014

[quote]emphasis was not on good health and well being. It was on "gay" health. A little too superficial and non-inclusive for me.

Huh?

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 14305/22/2014

Only a prissy or self shaming bottom would have this issue.

by Man Who Had Lump in Testicles From Las Vegas NV reply 14405/22/2014
Need more help? Click Here.