Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Michigan and Indiana

70% of the people would vote against right to work if they knew what it was. But still these idiots elect Republicans who do these things. I just don't understand why people are so stupid.

by Anonymousreply 712/10/2012

Shocking though this may seem, OP, not everyone supports unions, particularly since union demands almost singlehandedly destroyed the American auto industry (not to mention many other manufacturing fields). The AFL-CIO and Teamsters -- organizations FAR more corrupt than just about any corporation in America -- have held American industry hostage for far too long, clinging to ridiculous demands for shit like double-overtime for blue-collar workers that can give them six-figure (!!) incomes and "Cadillac" health plans for retirees that cost the old GM $5 billion a year all by their lonesome. I'm glad those days are now for the most part behind us.

While I agree that unions are needed for some purposes (Walmart sure as hell needs one), in general unions over time become as bad or worse than the companies whose evils they were opened to fight, and furthermore leave companies burdened with absurd levels of debt.

by Anonymousreply 112/10/2012

I know, someone on the HP has been bashing me saying what is wrong with people having the right to work. They like to keep the sheep dumb while shearing them on a freezing night.

by Anonymousreply 212/10/2012

people are so stupid in part becasue news media would rather gin up some discussion about whether Hillary Clinton or Jeb Bush is going to win in 2016, before Obama is even sworn in in 2012, than actually delve into the issue in a way that would educate people about something real, like how salaries decline an average of three percent in right to work states and how hazadorous conditions expand exponentially... that would be way too difficult to produce in 2 hours by some mindless reporter who is overpaid to just come on tv and argue.

by Anonymousreply 312/10/2012

As long as they have jobs cleaning motel rooms and waiting tables at Waffle House, and rent is $350/mo.- they're happy as clams.

by Anonymousreply 412/10/2012

No Waffle Houses in Michigan, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 512/10/2012

The only people with intelligence in those two states, outside university towns - being generous, because academics today are assholes, are the Republican creeps with money. And they have successfully pulled the rings in the populace's nose for decades now. Both Michigan and Indiana, with large swaths of Ohio, are pretty much lost to the light when it comes to anything requiring independent thought.

And I live in Missouri, which never has been in the light.

by Anonymousreply 612/10/2012

That's a lie. Unions did not do one thing to "destroy the American auto industry." What crap!

by Anonymousreply 712/10/2012
Need more help? Click Here.