Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

NBC's Jekyll and Hyde remake looks amazing!

The doctor is hot, hot, hot and Phylicia Rashād can do no wrong. The gays are all watching this one.

by Anonymousreply 8602/11/2013

Waking up after an orgy and wondering how many girls and guys he fucked last night as the promiscuous Mr. Hyde.

by Anonymousreply 112/10/2012

Thanks NBC publicity shill!

by Anonymousreply 212/10/2012

Ah, yes, "the gays" are all watching this one.

by Anonymousreply 312/10/2012

No. No, we're not.

by Anonymousreply 412/10/2012

hot, hot, hot ??? not, not, not

by Anonymousreply 512/10/2012

Phylicia Rashād played the witch in 'Into The Woods' on Broadway

by Anonymousreply 612/10/2012

[quote] Phylicia Rashād played the witch in 'Into The Woods' on Broadway

Maybe as a replacement.

by Anonymousreply 712/10/2012

Phylicia Rashād played the wife on The Cosby Show.

by Anonymousreply 812/10/2012

[quote]The gays are all watching this one.

Drop dead.

by Anonymousreply 912/10/2012

Phylicia Rashād can do no harm.

by Anonymousreply 1012/10/2012

Phylicia Rashād can do no harm.

by Anonymousreply 1112/10/2012

Not much good as a shill, are you?

by Anonymousreply 1212/10/2012

Another MEDICAL show!? Seriously, what is the fascination?

Also, a hot cast isn't difficult to have. Talent, chemistry, and a story worth paying attention to are more important. The gays will not be watching.

by Anonymousreply 1312/10/2012

Anyone see the British show "Jekyll" from a few years ago? Now THAT was an interesting update on "Jekyll & Hyde"

by Anonymousreply 1412/10/2012

Pasquale is hot, yes. But also a good actor. THIS gay will be watching....

by Anonymousreply 1512/10/2012

[quote]Maybe as a replacement.

Yes, she replaced Bernadette Peters. I saw her on her opening night. We had dinner before the show and Stephen Sondheim was at the next table.

by Anonymousreply 1612/10/2012

Trust me, this Mr. Hyde will have no homosexual tendencies or experiences whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 1712/11/2012

I love Steven Pasquale. Hot to death and a good actor.

by Anonymousreply 1812/11/2012

Remember gays, you can download the pilot episode before it premieres for free on iTunes, Amazon Instant, Hulu, and the Sony PlayStation Store. See it before all your friends and be the envy of your friends!

by Anonymousreply 1901/26/2013

I watched the pilot On Demand. i like Pasquale, but the show is dull as dirt.

by Anonymousreply 2001/26/2013

Hopefully, he will do a song and dance number like he did on that FX firefighter show--you know, the crappy one which had the Dennis Leary character raping his ex and had the guy who was gay, but only for a half dozen episodes?

by Anonymousreply 2101/26/2013

If Pasquale isn't shirtless at least 50% of the time on every episode, I ain't watching.

by Anonymousreply 2201/26/2013

I am in shock that great lady of the theatuh, Phylicia "Let's Just All Forget I Used To Be On A Sitcom" Rashad is deigning to actually appear in this nonsense instead of spending her time constantly reminding bored audiences how sacred her work on the stage is.

by Anonymousreply 2301/26/2013

[quote]Another MEDICAL show!? Seriously, what is the fascination?

That's what I thought. These medical shows are so tiresome. Even that Grey's Anatomy needs to call it a day since it hasn't been interesting in years.

This gay won't be watching either.

by Anonymousreply 2401/26/2013

"Phylicia Rashād can do no harm."

She can also do no ham, as sisterwoman is a lifelong vegetarian.

by Anonymousreply 2501/26/2013

I watched the pilot. It was a little silly, but it's really not a medical show at all. I'll give it at least another couple of episodes, but I'm not really sure it's a very sustainable premise.

by Anonymousreply 2601/26/2013

NBC=it will bomb

by Anonymousreply 2701/26/2013

I like Pasquale, but the pilot was pretty bad. The story doesn't make any sense at all. How could a neurosurgeon have been in training from 8:25am to 8:25pm only? He never had to take call overnight in the hospital during his residency? And Pasquale is usually hot, but he doesn't look that great in this show. His body was much better on Rescue Me, and his handsome face looks not-so-handsome for some reason.

And the dramatic parts are too melodramatic. It's almost camp in some parts.

I give it about 4 weeks before the plug is pulled.

by Anonymousreply 2801/27/2013

[quote]His body was much better on Rescue Me, and his handsome face looks not-so-handsome for some reason.

I've noticed that too. I think his face looks fuller. Plus, that reddish-brown stubble that he always has doesn't look good either.

by Anonymousreply 2901/27/2013

The commercial were he lunges at the camera to show how menacing he is, is so so cheesy.

by Anonymousreply 3001/27/2013

Pasquale had a very obvious nose job.

by Anonymousreply 3101/27/2013

Did anyone watch the BCC series "Jekyll" that was on for 2 seasons a few years ago? Now that was good, I was disappointed when they cancelled it. The guy who starred in it transformed into Hyde with very little or no prosthetics or make-up, it was mostly attitude, and it was amazing.

by Anonymousreply 3201/27/2013

"Pasquale had a very obvious nose job."

Recently, r31, or when he was just starting out?

by Anonymousreply 3301/27/2013

Over 10 years ago, Steven Pasquale had a memorable guest role on Six Feet Under as a guy Michael C. Hall's character dated for two or three episodes, and I thought "who is that guy? He's cute and a good actor." Then he kind of went off the radar for a while but I'm glad he's getting noticed more. I've liked him in everything I've seen him in.

And yes, he had a nose job. His nose looked different on SFU.

by Anonymousreply 3401/28/2013

I prefer "Dr. Jekyll and Ms. Hyde," if you please.

by Anonymousreply 3501/28/2013

Ew, look at his nose here:

by Anonymousreply 3601/28/2013

Damn! That old nose was a honker, r36.

by Anonymousreply 3701/28/2013

I always wonder why these publicity shills don't try to make their promo posts look authentic and natural.

Are they just such bad writers or is the clunky prose part of their strategy?

by Anonymousreply 3801/28/2013

I'm having a premiere party tonight for the premiere with a theme of "Do No Ham". Feel free to come by if you're in NYC. It's a Kosher party so Jewish friends are welcome.

by Anonymousreply 3901/31/2013

Adorable Toni Trucks is in this. Maybe this will be her big break.

by Anonymousreply 4001/31/2013

It is getting horrible reviews

Most critics agree Phylicia Rashad is wasted, with a role that is an under-five part.

by Anonymousreply 4101/31/2013

Anyone remember 'the gays love Pepper Dennis'. Same shill.

Anyone even remember Pepper Dennis....exactly.

by Anonymousreply 4201/31/2013

The show looks like shit, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4301/31/2013

I read the pilot. It was one of the worst pilots I've ever read. Horrible.

by Anonymousreply 4401/31/2013

Holy Moly I just saw a promo. What a hunka hunka burning shit.

by Anonymousreply 4501/31/2013

Stephen Pasquale is handsome and incredibly talented, but he does not have a face made for key art. The promo on IMDB has been freaking me out all day.

by Anonymousreply 4601/31/2013

I liked Pasquale in Rescue Me and that Coma remake, he is a good actor. I will watch this show.

by Anonymousreply 4701/31/2013

[R14] ]R32} Jekyll was fantastic! The actor was excellent and the storyline was well written. It was dark and pulled no punches. I thought the actor who played his wife was good as well. British TV is much better at that type of show. Generally speaking the horrible happy families sentimentality of many network American shows put me off. Jekyll and Hyde will undoubtably be guilty of that.

by Anonymousreply 4801/31/2013

I'll watch online. Can't miss Kerry, even for Steven Pasquale.

by Anonymousreply 4901/31/2013

OMG all the gays are watching it??!!

by Anonymousreply 5001/31/2013

What does it mean, R46, to have a face made for key art?

by Anonymousreply 5101/31/2013

Same here R49.

by Anonymousreply 5201/31/2013

Steven Pasquale doesn't have what it takes to carry a show by himself. He's better in supporting roles.

by Anonymousreply 5302/01/2013

So were we supposed to think he just gave the female doctor surprise anal when he was his evil alter ego, or that he actually date-raped her in the bargain? I was a little confused.

by Anonymousreply 5402/01/2013

Only Tv executives would think it would be gripping to have the hero counter his villalinous alter ego's bad deeds by giving tasks for his PA to accomplish.

"Freeze my bank accounts... change my passwords... get me a nicotine patch..."

by Anonymousreply 5502/01/2013

I agree about Pasquale not being right for a lead role. He needs to either be a supporting player or part of an ensemble. He's a good actor, but he just doesn't have "it."

by Anonymousreply 5602/01/2013

Surprised no mentioned Pasquale is the hubby of DL fave Tony winner Laura Benanti

Here is clip of Laura winning the Tony and Pasquale giving his wife a standing ovation.

by Anonymousreply 5702/01/2013

DO NOT HARM'S collapse is complete.

Let that be a lesson - key art is everything!

by Anonymousreply 5802/01/2013

This show was too over the top - split personality doctor? Alter ego is a sociopath? He has a friend in the hospital passing him experimental drugs. Too much. Is that 'blood sugar level' reader a real thing?

They gotta cut back on the operating room scenes - I can't handle all those shots of bloody organs and brains.

by Anonymousreply 5902/01/2013

LOL @ r55 ... Doctor, lawyer, cop. That is all we ever get. It would be interesting if he was a high school teacher.

by Anonymousreply 6002/01/2013

There was a pizza restaurant in my town named Pasquale's – do you think he's a pizza eater?

by Anonymousreply 6102/01/2013

"Starring Rescue Me alumni Steve Pasquale, the contemporary Jekyll and Hyde was the lowest rated in-season premiere ever of any scripted show on any of the Big Four networks."

Wow, NBC might just pull it after one episode.

by Anonymousreply 6202/01/2013

Here's the link to r62's comment.

I had no idea the ratings were so low. And I watched it (though I regretted it, because it was ridiculously stupid and unpleasant.. and worst of all, boring.)

by Anonymousreply 6302/02/2013

Why the gays no be watching Do No Harm?? Why no give ratings?

by Anonymousreply 6402/02/2013

They may as well just pull this shit off the air now with flop ratings like that.

by Anonymousreply 6502/02/2013

Wow, the ratings are really horrible. I think my earlier guess of being cancelled after 4 weeks was optimistic. NBC will probably give it one more chance, and if it doesn't do any better, they'll pull the plug.

by Anonymousreply 6602/02/2013

[R. 34] That earlier photo of Steve Pasquale is of an earlier, more poorly done nose job.

I can only imagine the HONKER this guy originally had!

(I hope the show is successful, he's gotta to make all that bad plastic surgery pay off.)

by Anonymousreply 6702/02/2013

I like the show so far, the doctor is hot.

by Anonymousreply 6802/02/2013

R48 Speaking as a non Brit, given the choice of viewing anything by the Brits, I would always view Brits. For the scripting and actors they cannot be bettered. I also find their comedy far superior. American comedy is so puerile.

by Anonymousreply 6902/02/2013

R69 Why don't you go move to shithole Britain if you think they're so great?

by Anonymousreply 7002/02/2013

"These medical shows are so tiresome."

I guess that's the explanation of why they're adding ridiculous concepts and plot twists to what otherwise would be standard medical shows. It's too "dull" to just have a show about a surgeon, so DO NO HARM is about a surgeon with a Jekyll and Hyde-like split personality. And in A GIFTED MAN, Patrick Wilson played a surgeon who was continually haunted by the ghost of his ex-wife. These script writers are so desperate, they'll try anything.

by Anonymousreply 7102/02/2013

All they did was rework the concept of Awake & mashed it with Dr. & Hyde

by Anonymousreply 7202/02/2013

I watched the pilot and while I think Steven Pasquale did a good job with the material he was given, the storyline just has too many plot holes. Given the ratings, NBC will probably cancel it. I like Pasquale, he's a very good actor and good-looking too, and hopefully he'll get a vehicle that's better suited to his talents.

by Anonymousreply 7302/03/2013

I thought the show was great trashy fun.

by Anonymousreply 7402/06/2013

[quote]American comedy is so puerile.

What a queeny choice of words.

by Anonymousreply 7502/06/2013

"These magical shows are so tiresome."

I know. They should have made him a lawyer. Good lawyer by day and evil, sociopathical lawyer in night court. Now that would have been interesting.

by Anonymousreply 7602/08/2013

Did anyone watch tonight? It just keeps getting better and better. I'm OBSESSED with this show! I've even made some fan art.

by Anonymousreply 7702/08/2013

Steven Pasquale in a speedo! Feets and all!

by Anonymousreply 7802/08/2013

This is shot in Philly?

Too bad this is on network tv? They could have featured cock and ass.

by Anonymousreply 7902/08/2013

r78, link.

by Anonymousreply 8002/08/2013

Why did they have to chose neurosurgery for someone who can't work 12 hours a day? Many surgeries begin at the crack of dawn. Others, especially brain operations, have unexpected complications that require many hours more than if things went smoothly. There are emergencies at any hour. Obviously, residents work far longer than 12 hours. Whatever his excuse (and I forget what it was), he could never become a brain surgeon nor could he ethically practice as one.

Was it so important that he be a surgeon? Why not a shrink? Or a pathologist? Or a professor? Why does he have to be a doctor at all? He has to have money for the alter ego to spend. Why not Wall St?

I'm not sure I can get over this initial absurdity.

And he's not hot.

by Anonymousreply 8102/08/2013

Now I know how Steve Pasquale got this acting gig. He's perfect for it!

Steve Pasquale has had enough different noses for SEVERAL personalities.

by Anonymousreply 8202/08/2013

More of my fan art.

by Anonymousreply 8302/09/2013

Show cancelled, pulled from NBC schedule after only two airings.

by Anonymousreply 8402/10/2013

[bold]NBC’S Jekyll and Hyde show canned after just two episodes[/bold]

Hope you weren't excited about NBC's sexy new version of Jekyll and Hyde, because it's dead. After a mere two episodes, NBC yanked Do No Harm off the air. This was after it premiered to 3.1 million viewers and a 0.9 demo rating, thus making [italic]Do No Harm[/italic] the lowest-rated season opener in the history of major network television.

by Anonymousreply 8502/11/2013

The show was DOA and is already canceled. It had a stupid premise and the cast was weak. The series was originally going to be released in the fall 2012 group of shows, but NBC delayed it until January, They KNEW they had a stinker on their hands,

by Anonymousreply 8602/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!