Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Are you supposed to socialize with the help?

(Just joking to get your attention....not a Gwyneth thread)

My uncle died and the lawyer who is settling the estate keeps asking me and my parents and another relative to social events, (dinner, the theatre etc.)

We always make an excuse but he keeps trying. I sort of feel like saying just fill out the forms and leave us alone!!!

by and who would pay for these events?reply 812/10/2012

Maybe he is just lonely.

by and who would pay for these events?reply 112/10/2012

Never hurts to have a friend in the legal community. A friend might would offer quick advice without charge. Go ahead and bite him.

by and who would pay for these events?reply 212/10/2012

Lawyers are "the help"?

And what, if anything, is your profession, OP?

by and who would pay for these events?reply 312/10/2012

I still use the lawyer that settled my mother's estate years ago. One reason I still do is because he only charges me for what he does. Many lawyers want a chunk of cash for a consultation alone to discuss your issue. This lawyer was also a personal and social friend of mother's, knows me and understands my situation and there is no need to get him up to speed.

by and who would pay for these events?reply 412/10/2012

[quote] a personal and social friend of mother's

Norman, is that you?

by and who would pay for these events?reply 512/10/2012

All my family's lawyers were Dutch; they wouldn't be caught dead with cold, bitter Germans.

My mother did invite our cleaning ladies to Halloween and Twelfth Night parties. I also worked for them for two summers: best weed ever and Kahlua for breakfast!

by and who would pay for these events?reply 612/10/2012

[quote]One reason I still do is because he only charges me for what he does. Many lawyers want a chunk of cash for a consultation alone to discuss your issue. This lawyer was also a personal and social friend of mother's, knows me and understands my situation and there is no need to get him up to speed.

The last sentence is why he "only charges you for what he does" and probably donates a lot of free time to you. When lawyers charge you to discuss your issue, it's because they expect to be paid for their time. You know, like everyone else.

by and who would pay for these events?reply 812/10/2012
Need more help? Click Here.