Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"American Dad" Trashes SJP

From tonight's episode: (Stan and Francine are riding horses; they end up in the wrong place. Francine criticizes Stan for not controlling the horses properly."

Stan: "I don't speak horse. I'm not Matthew Broderick."

by Anonymousreply 3908/07/2013

That's a low blow to someone as inoffensive as Sarah. I'll bet some fat, Paulie G, man-child type wrote that joke too, as if he can talk.

Yes we've always said the same thing around here, but that's not broadcasting it to the masses like they did.

by Anonymousreply 112/10/2012

Well, it kinda is R1.

Seth prides himself on his willingness to go for the low blow.

by Anonymousreply 212/10/2012

That's the problem with all of Seth's shows. They ALWAYS go for the obvious, easy joke.

by Anonymousreply 312/10/2012

Exactly r3, it's not funny, she's a nice woman but not the most attractive. And pointing that out is funny because???

by Anonymousreply 412/10/2012

Considering a plant raped Stewie and gave him poison ivy on Family Guy, and a meth head had his head shotgunned off on American Dad, I'm kind of surprised this is what you remember, OP.

by Anonymousreply 512/10/2012

One of the lead characters of American Dad is based on Paul Lynde. Are you SURE straight men are the only audience?

by Anonymousreply 812/10/2012

You actually watch "American Dad" and admit it? Really?

by Anonymousreply 1012/10/2012

Yep. I'll also cop to sitting in front of the computer, drinking coffee and reading Datalounge daily like it's a newspaper.

by Anonymousreply 1112/10/2012

[quote] Suddenly DataLounge has become iVillage? We've spent YEARS ripping SJP apart, and now we're all offended by some lame jokes that were probably stolen from DL by those geniuses working for Seth McFarlane?

The joke is as old as rocks and dirt, and was never really funny, at least to me. Of course, I was made fun of enough in school to realize that jokes about the way people look are just plain mean. And usually the people that tell jokes like that are, to me, highly unlikeable people that will always make easy jokes that are made specifically to hurt.

I bet you're having a nice guffaw over that SJP joke. Which means you too are an unlikeable person.

by Anonymousreply 1212/10/2012

They called her a horse? Amateurs.

by Anonymousreply 1312/10/2012

It's official. The humorless scolds have taken over Datalounge. First Bob's Burgers, and now this.

by Anonymousreply 1412/10/2012

R14, on the contrary, I have an excellent sense of humor. I'm just not interested in dumb jokes that are already a decade old.

And I don't even like SJP.

by Anonymousreply 1512/10/2012

Wrong on both counts, R16. But thanks for being a humorless scold and proving my point for me.

by Anonymousreply 1712/10/2012

the only slam I think Seth regrets is the crack about Matt Damon having married a hair dresser (or whatever)

I thought that was odd given that he spoofed JKF as Mayor McCheese and had his cheeseburger head blown off and then Jackie started eating it. (Eww.)

by Anonymousreply 1812/10/2012

R18, why did Seth regret the Matt Damon joke?

by Anonymousreply 1912/10/2012

Probably because Matt turned him down for "Ted".

by Anonymousreply 2012/10/2012

That joke was funnier when South Park did it years ago.

by Anonymousreply 2112/10/2012

He actually used this joke before.

by Anonymousreply 2212/10/2012

Big deal. If SJP was the least bit conservative, everyone on DL would hunk it was the funniest thing in the world and race to see who could pile on the fastest.

by Anonymousreply 2412/10/2012

That was definitely worth bumping an old thread R25.

My, you are a bright penny. Aren't you?

by Anonymousreply 2608/06/2013

[quote]ripping her horsey looks was done at least somewhat affectionately here.

Don't try to re-write history. We were here when she was bashed on a regular basis. There was nothing affectionate about it.

by Anonymousreply 2708/06/2013

Family Guy did it first.

by Anonymousreply 2808/06/2013

I like Family Guy, but I hate it when they make fun of someone's physical looks. It is very juvenile.

by Anonymousreply 2908/06/2013

Is SJP hate still a thing? While I came to detest the Carrie character and the character annoyed the fuck out of me, SJP herself seems like a perfectly decent person.

by Anonymousreply 3008/06/2013

Seth is mean. Period. His humor is based on anger and spite. He must have had a bad high school experience. That's no excuse, though. He's powerful and rich now, so he should be able to show some compassion. But he's obviously incapable of that. Anyone who watches his show is enabling his campaign of hate and pettiness.

by Anonymousreply 3108/06/2013

I agree, R31, BUT, it's not like that sort of humor is new to the world. SJP should be able not make anything of it.

by Anonymousreply 3208/06/2013

At least she wasn't called a giraffe.

by Anonymousreply 3308/07/2013

This episode of "American Dad" is on right now on Adult Swim.

by Anonymousreply 3408/07/2013

Good timing with the bump, because SJP is on the cover of September's Harper's Bazaar and said some odd things about her marriage.

"I love Matthew Broderick. Call me crazy, but I love him. We can only be in the marriage we are. We’re very devoted to our family and our lives. I love our life. I love that he’s the father of my children, and it’s because of him that there’s this whole other world that I love.”

It's like she saying, "Yeah, he's cheated on me a bunch of times, and I should have left his ass years ago, I'm sticking it out."

by Anonymousreply 3508/07/2013

R36, Yeah, so?

by Anonymousreply 3608/07/2013

I've been on the DL for a decade. And this is the first time I've said this: Are you for fucking real people? We rip SJP to shreds because of her horse face. Is it juvenile and stale? Totally. But we can't get mad at Seth for doing what we do on an almost daily basis. Shit.

by Anonymousreply 3708/07/2013

r13 You owe me a new keyboard. That SJP video was one of the funniest things from "South Park".

by Anonymousreply 3808/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.