Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Newt Gingrich: If Hillary Clinton Runs In 2016, Republicans 'Incapable Of Competing' (VIDEO)

12/09/2012

WASHINGTON -- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton regularly brushes off the idea of a 2016 presidential bid. But if she were to run, at least one prominent Republican thinks his party would be completely outmatched.

"The Republican party is incapable of competing at that level," Gingrich said during an appearance on NBC's "Meet The Press."

"First of all, she's very formidable as a person," he said. "She's a very competent person. She's married to the most popular Democrat in the country; they both think [it] would be good for her to be president. It makes it virtually impossible to stop her for the nomination."

In addition to having Bill Clinton's support, Hillary Clinton would also have the backing of President Barack Obama, who will still be a "relatively popular president," Gingrich added. "Trying to win that will be truly the Super Bowl."

Most people agree with Gingrich's assessment. A recent Washington Post poll found that 57 percent of people would support Clinton as a 2016 presidential candidate.

by Anonymousreply 2403/10/2013

Newt Gringrich pretending to be the Tar Baby

by Anonymousreply 112/10/2012

No shit, Newt.

by Anonymousreply 212/10/2012

translation: We have no chance unless you nominate me.

by Anonymousreply 312/10/2012

First the 2008 nomination was hers if you remember. I just listened to what Newt had to say on the rerun of the show. I may be mistaken but I think he qualified his comment with "the current Repugnican party". Who knows what they will morph into in 4 years. Paul Eddie Munster Ryan is already saying everything he disavowed during the campaign. The bottom line is you can never ever ever trust a repug again.

by Anonymousreply 412/10/2012

Well, between Newt and John McCain's appearance in the Hillary video discussed here a week or so ago -she already has some pretty powerful Republican endorsement sound bites...

by Anonymousreply 512/10/2012

[R5} Neither can be trusted. In Arizona senate candidate Richard Carmona and former surgeon general under Bush, was running for Jon Kyle's seat and ran ads showing the glowing endorsement of Kyle and McCrazy made on his behalf when the senate confirmed his appointment as SG. Carmona was leading in the polls a few weeks before the election. the GOP invested massive amounts of money in advertising using the two senators complete disavowal of everything they had said.

by Anonymousreply 612/10/2012

Isn't this the same man who announced that he would be the Republican party's nominee after the South Carolina primary? Yeah, I think he has a lot of credibility.

Good God, when will this man dry up and blow away?

by Anonymousreply 712/10/2012

Let the Dems run her unopposed and devote the exorbitant amount of money that would be spent on a primary to something really useful, including but not limited to the general election.

by Anonymousreply 812/10/2012

R9, there needs to be at least one other token candidate to make her look good, and to provide for debates and such that help Americans see and hear her while the Republicans are having their debates.

We need the contrast against their insanity.

by Anonymousreply 912/10/2012

Wow, this is probably the first time I've ever agreed with Newt!

by Anonymousreply 1012/10/2012

R6, note I said "sound bites" - recorded information already on record. The use of recorded information to be played back at a later date happens quite frequently. It is expected that Gingrich or McCane would say something different later on - but their words are already captured and virtually no one is denying the truth at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 1112/10/2012

[quote]translation: We have no chance unless you nominate me.

I don't think even Newt is going to be arrogant enough to run again. He's nearly 70 years old, fat and washed up.

by Anonymousreply 1212/10/2012

70 is the new 30. He's got at least three marriages left in him, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 1312/10/2012

R13, Newt can't get married again unless he wants to destroy what little credibility he has left as a 'family values' advocate

by Anonymousreply 1412/10/2012

what r12 said

by Anonymousreply 1512/10/2012

I was in the Obama camp, and Hillary did piss me off in that campaign... but I totally want Hillary to run in 2016 and seriously kick some GOP ass, and become the first woman President.

I would love to have the Democrats have that feather in their cap: First black President followed immediately by the first female President. And then after that? The first Hispanic President.

by Anonymousreply 1612/10/2012

There's a more important reason that Hillary should run, R16. While it's nice to make history, the most important reason is to keep the White House in Democratic hands for more than just Obama's 2 terms.

That's the only way of ensuring longstanding change, particularly at the Supreme Court. We won't get rid of Scalia and the other Conservative Justices in the next 4 years. They are going to hang on and hope a Republican gets in during 2016.

by Anonymousreply 1712/11/2012

R17 speaks the truth. A Democrat followed by a Democrat in The White House to name Supreme Court justices is the most enduring legacy for the country.

by Anonymousreply 1812/11/2012

I hope Hillary runs, and I hope she wipes the floor with the republicans, and I hope her coat-tails (dress-train?) are long and she brings in a Democratic sweep across the nation.

by Anonymousreply 1903/09/2013

Hillary, then the first Latino followed by the first Asian president in U.S. History.

by Anonymousreply 2003/09/2013

You idiots are gonna put up Hillary because Newt Gingrich tells you to? How stupid can you get?

by Anonymousreply 2103/09/2013

Rupert Murdoch threw a fundraiser for Hillary Clinton's senatorial run.

Conservatives owe the Clintons. Repeal of Glass Stiegel, DOMA, NAFTA, workfare, cutting NASA's budget are just a few if his legacies that conservatives loved.

The fact that Republicans are always praising Hillary means something's up. They've either got something on her and want her to get elected so they can destroy her presidency, or she's made deals with them.

She was on the board of directors of Walmart. She never uttered a word against Walmart's campaign against unions. She claims she didn't know that clothing sold under signs in Walmart saying, "Made in the USA," was actually made by children in overseas sweatshops. Shame on her for "not knowing."

by Anonymousreply 2203/09/2013

R21, how stupid are you that you think any of us want Hillary because Newt suggested it?

by Anonymousreply 2303/09/2013

R23 said it.

What type of a moron is R21? Gingrich was simply commenting on the possibility of a Hillary Clinton candidacy. It's not because of him that she is #1 in the polls and is supported by millions of people.

by Anonymousreply 2403/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.