Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Congratulations, Beekman Boys!

Josh and Brent won the Amazing race.

(Surprise!)

by Anonymousreply 23812/12/2012

OP's excited. It's so cool that they won.

CONGRATS!

by Anonymousreply 312/09/2012

This is the exact reason we confine discussion of TV shows to their official threads.

by Anonymousreply 612/09/2012

Lincoln dies at the end of the movie.

by Anonymousreply 1012/09/2012

Yay, Josh & Brent!

by Anonymousreply 1112/09/2012

I agree! It should be a national holiday!

by Anonymousreply 1312/09/2012

Yeah...we need some kind of signal agreed upon in advance if a DL denizen ever wins a major award!

If I ever win a Tony, I'll thank Helen Lawson...

by Anonymousreply 1412/09/2012

Awesome for them !!! Congrats, gents.

by Anonymousreply 1512/09/2012

Come on Zak! You need to go make us proud on Survivor or Big Brother!

by Anonymousreply 1612/10/2012

Who and who?

by Anonymousreply 1712/10/2012

I'm very happy for them, but OP, you totally spoiled a really fun, totally surprising episode for those who haven't seen it yet.

by Anonymousreply 1912/10/2012

Ditto to all of the people complaining about being spoiled. Why exactly were you instistent on creating a new thread that ruined the entire season for those of us not in your time zone? I was studiously avoiding reading the TAR thread to make sure I could watch the finale unspoiled, but nooooooo. Guess I shouldn't have expected anything better; there are a lot of insensitive people posting here.

by Anonymousreply 2012/10/2012

Is this true? They weren't in the previews last week.

by Anonymousreply 2112/10/2012

I'm sorry, R19 and R20, but if you don't know enough to avoid Datalounge on spoil-able events like this, there really is very little hope for you. Of course there will be assholes like the OP who will spoil it. It's a given. If you care that much about maintaining the surprise, it's incumbent upon you to avoid Datalounge entirely that evening.

Complaining that someone spoiled it for you is like complaining that you got wet during a walk in the rain.

by Anonymousreply 2312/10/2012

Now that they have some cash will they double down on the soap factory or give it up, move to New Palz, and start making petrified stump clocks?

by Anonymousreply 2512/10/2012

I guess they aren't petrified stumps, but regular tree stump sections with some kind of sealant on them.

by Anonymousreply 2612/10/2012

R23, it's one thing to spoil the win within the actual TAR thread. It's another to start an entire new thread that spoils the show without even opening said thread.

Are you too fucking dense to understand the difference?

by Anonymousreply 2712/10/2012

OP's compulsion to spoil will end up with him in hot water, yes indeedy.

Not.

Get a grip, precious snowflakes, as Lewis Black would say.

by Anonymousreply 2912/10/2012

Well Done.

by Anonymousreply 3012/10/2012

r27, are you too dense to understand the world doesn't rotate around you or the west coast?

What is OP supposed to do wait a week before posting anything? He was happy the Beekmans won and wanted to celebrate.

You're the idiot coming on to a website KNOWN for "spoiling" things the second they happen.

Once something airs, it's fair game.

by Anonymousreply 3112/10/2012

Is it just me? I think that they are pretentious twits.

by Anonymousreply 3312/10/2012

[quote]followed standard DL *convention* and limited his comments to the already-existing TAR thread

hahahahahahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 3412/10/2012

[quote]I finally feel avenged for the asshole who wrote "Dumbledore Dies" on the day Half-Blood Prince was published.

I remember that so clearly.

It was such a cunty thing to do. It wasn't witty or clever. It's was just an asshole move.

by Anonymousreply 3512/10/2012

r32, then continue being an idiot.

This site has a LONG history of pulling stunts like the OP did. If you truly want to avoid being spoiled then simply avoid sites that are known for spoiling. But then again, if you do that you won't get to hear yourself bitch, no?

by Anonymousreply 3612/10/2012

R36 Have you ever considered that there are NEW people on this site all the time who aren't aware of such "long history?" And maybe some of us figured that, since there was already a thread on TAR, any spoiler posts would just be added to it instead of someone creating an entirely new post that SPOILS THE OUTCOME IN ITS TITLE?

by Anonymousreply 3712/10/2012

R36, why are you defending such pointless assholism?

by Anonymousreply 3812/10/2012

Did the twin gals really say something about "evil gays"? I watched the show and I did not catch that at all. Or is this just a rumor?

by Anonymousreply 3912/10/2012

Not defending OP but anyone who cares about spoilers for reality tv shows should know better than to come to Datalounge before you've seen an episode. I won't even look at the Survivor threads (much) because they're always full of season spoilers.

Y'all should know better!

by Anonymousreply 4212/10/2012

I was chatting with friends online throughout, but made sure I didn't post or tweet anything that would spoil it for my West Coast friends. It's a courtesy...not necessarily a convention or rule.

I ran into a colleague on the elevator this morning, and she said she'd DVRrd it, so I didn't mention anything detailed and told her to stay off the 'net!

by Anonymousreply 4312/10/2012

R43, the anonymous posters on here are your "friends?"

People who don't want to be spoiled yet go on websites known for spoiling didn't know better?

by Anonymousreply 4412/10/2012

While it is always nice when an openly gay competitor or team wins one of these silly reality game shows, I cannot stand these two men. They annoy me like a mosquito bite in the middle of my back that is tough to scratch. They seem a bit too entitled for my tastes. Maybe it's due to that failed television show of theirs or the fact that they are New Yorkers.

by Anonymousreply 4512/10/2012

Brent: Ultimately, it's not about winning every leg; it's just not losing a leg.

by Anonymousreply 4612/10/2012

[quote] Maybe it's due to that failed television show of theirs

Failed? They start their third season in 2013 with new episodes on the Cooking Channel.

by Anonymousreply 4712/10/2012

[quote]anonymous posters on here are your "friends?"

No, though I knew a few folks who post here IRL; I chat with several real-life friends on FB during the show in one thread. Anyone who doesn't want a spoiler should read it.

I think I actually knew Josh before I posted here, at least we crossed paths on the readings scene in NYC. For all I know, we knew each other in the '90s, we certainly went to a lot of the same places.

by Anonymousreply 4912/10/2012

OP and your defenders - some of us don't live in the United States, and Amazing Race. We're a season behind.

So you want us to pay and then stay off Datalounge because you like to be a spoiler?

And another one just did the same thing.

Clearly, paying posters are the kind of club no no want but their own kind want to pay to belong to.

Congratulations, webmaster.

by Anonymousreply 5012/10/2012

I was just telling someone the other day that it's demoralizing to see unrepentant assholes continually get ahead, and here we are. Brent was one of the most loathesome players in TAR history, but girlfriend is clearly very ambitious. I guess it's comforting to know that the BBs are heavily in debt :P

by Anonymousreply 5112/10/2012

R45, or maybe it's just your own sad life.

by Anonymousreply 5212/10/2012

Well, not anymore R51.

by Anonymousreply 5312/10/2012

R50, you live in another country where you haven't even begun to watch this season of TAR and you think we're not going to talk about it until everyone around the globe has had a chance to view it? C'mon.

by Anonymousreply 5412/10/2012

[quote]I ran into a colleague on the elevator this morning, and she said she'd DVRrd it, so I didn't mention anything detailed and told her to stay off the 'net!

I agree with the convention of not spoiling TV shows on the Internet until they've aired on the West Coast, but once the winners start doing interviews on The Early Show or whatever the next morning, it's all fair game to discuss.

by Anonymousreply 5512/10/2012

R54, he was mocking those complaining about being spoiled.

by Anonymousreply 5612/10/2012

In what sense were they "loathesome"? They didn't do any of the crap other teams did.

by Anonymousreply 5712/10/2012

The Beekmans have to be the worst team ever to win it but I am glad they did. You know, they set a precedent, first time a person towing a rolly has won! Now that's something. So who thinks Jaymes will be getting his own show??

by Anonymousreply 5812/10/2012

[quote]The Beekmans have to be the worst team ever to win it

Horseshit, they might not have won a leg but they performed well through out or they wouldn't have been the winners. NOTHING was handed to them. But if some of you Ninnies don't want up to date live spoilers, stay at Queerty. Almost 24 hours after the race and they still haven't mentioned it. But they do have Mario Lopez decorating his Christmas tree in his underpants.

by Anonymousreply 5912/10/2012

[quote]towing a rolly

Bug...tussle?

by Anonymousreply 6012/10/2012

It is a truth universally acknowledged that Freddy and Kendra from season 6 are the worst winners in Amazing Race history. Josh and Brent are sweethearts compared to those racist cunts.

by Anonymousreply 6112/10/2012

I think the OP was excited and didn't think.

I think the BB's were fun and I'm glad they won.

I wish they'd come on and talk to us about how it was and stuff. That would be so cool.

by Anonymousreply 6212/10/2012

Jesus Christ, people! Is it too much to fucking ask to wait until the fucking show is over on the West Coast?

OP could have VERY EASILY gone to the TAR thread and joined the conversation there. Anyone in a different time zone or watching via DVR will know there will be spoilers in there. Or, at the very least, OP could have fucking waited a few hours.

This was a TRUE surprise. I don't think anyone was expecting them to make the top three, let alone win the thing. That, more than anything, is what is so disappointing about OP's thread.

There's a thread of hardcore assholes who are hellbent on ruining this place.

by Anonymousreply 6312/10/2012

I really like Jaymes and James. They were my favorite team and I wanted them to win. I'm sure that Jaymes will get some work out of this, he was very good all season long.

I think you're excessively harsh on The Beekmans, R58. They grew on me over the season and it was very sweet when they won. I'm glad it wasn't the braying, nasty Twinnies.

by Anonymousreply 6412/10/2012

Yes, and that would be you. Don't think we can't tell when freeper assholes can't stand the thought of a successful, non basement dwelling, Datalounger accomplishing something in real life. You'd say anything to spread negativity on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 6512/10/2012

I was referring to R63

by Anonymousreply 6612/10/2012

You lost us at "accomplishing something in real life"

"Winning" a contrived reality show "contest" has nothing at all to do with real life.

by Anonymousreply 6712/10/2012

Not true R67.

by Anonymousreply 6812/10/2012

[quote]Yes, and that would be you. Don't think we can't tell when freeper assholes can't stand the thought of a successful, non basement dwelling, Datalounger accomplishing something in real life. You'd say anything to spread negativity on this thread.

Where did I say one thing about not liking the Beekmans? I do, and I'm happy they won. I wish I could have found out they won while watching the show, just like OP did.

This is about the OP being an asshole. I guess you're an asshole, too, R65.

by Anonymousreply 6912/10/2012

Whenever the TAR finale airs, I stay off the internets because I know I'll run into spoilers.

by Anonymousreply 7012/10/2012

[quote]It is a truth universally acknowledged that Freddy and Kendra from season 6 are the worst winners in Amazing Race history.

For me it's a tossup between them and BJ and Tyler. Bleah. I didn't watch the finale for either of those.

Some of my favorites were Chip & Kim, Kisha & Jen, and those other, nice hippies.

by Anonymousreply 7112/10/2012

St. Brigdet delevered to Beekman Place!!

by Anonymousreply 7312/10/2012

R72, you just don't get it, do you.

by Anonymousreply 7412/10/2012

Well PLEASE stop explaining it to him. The rest of us are sick of it. We ALL promise never to lose our heads and spoil another single thing. Just let it go.

But even though you've schooled us, it's still going to happen. Just as there are new people here who don't know DL tends to spoil things, there are new people coming who don't know not to spoil. So good luck regulating that.

by Anonymousreply 7512/10/2012

[quote] But no, OP Just *had* to start a second, and entirely needless, thread about it.

Wrong. Only a small number of people would open day 70 of the AR thread (Part II). However, the victory was of general interest because it was a gay couple and because Josh is a long-time DLer.

A new thread was entirely appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 7712/10/2012

[quote]There's a thread of hardcore assholes who are hellbent on ruining this place.

Oh, get over yourself. I've already said I'm sorry I didn't think about people on the west coast, but that hardly means I am a hardcore asshole hellbent on ruing DL.

This was an unusual circumstance. It's not as if I would have started a thread about TAR if anyone else had one.

by Anonymousreply 7812/10/2012

LOL R76. I love it.

by Anonymousreply 7912/10/2012

Yeah, this was a pretty dick move, OP.

by Anonymousreply 8012/10/2012

To be fair, the OP of this thread wasn't the first.

He/she wasn't the first to start a separate thread on the Beekman win. The attached was posted half an hour before OP started this one, and its the thread that spoiled the announcement for me.

But you had to open that thread to get the spoiler. This OP put the news in the title.

by Anonymousreply 8112/10/2012

I want to murder most of you in the face.

I'd only watched half of the ep.

Fuck you all.

by Anonymousreply 8212/10/2012

The Texans or the Chippindales were expected to win, certainley not the Beekman Boys. So a thread about Trey & Lexi from Texas winning would have been less surprising, but still very annoying. But posting about the freaking Beekman shows a complete lack of thought.

by Anonymousreply 8312/10/2012

OP = dickhead who doesn't know how to apologize with sincerity

by Anonymousreply 8412/10/2012

Glad they won. Hope they stop calling themselves "boys". Outside of perhaps, Palm Springs, they are not boys.

by Anonymousreply 8512/10/2012

[quote] But posting about the freaking Beekman shows a complete lack of thought.

As I have acknowledged several times, you are correct. It did not occur to me in the excitement of the moment that there were people in California who still wanted to live behind a veil of ignorance regarding the outcome of The Amazing Race. The entertainment needs of Californians literally never crossed my mind. I was thinking only of the people who did not watch TAR who might enjoy hearing the news.

I'm afraid I'm generally pretty thoughtless when it comes to Californian television schedules, but I have always wondered what is shown on MSNBC from 6 AM to 9 AM your time. Do you get a re-run of Morning Joe? Or do you get what is live on the East Coast?

P.S. Thanks for holding the Oscars so early for our sake. We really owe you one for that.

by Anonymousreply 8612/10/2012

I WAS sincere, R84, but the posters who have refused to accept my apology and feel the need to repeat what has been said many times already have eroded my sense of regret.

by Anonymousreply 8712/10/2012

"Why, it's the second most disgusting, atrocious thing ever to happen in America!"

by Anonymousreply 8812/11/2012

Trolldar R1 and look at how many threads this obnoxious little asshole has scooted his dirty little ass over.

His skidmarks are all over DL today

You are an ass R1 et al and I bet you smell of dirty ass you little piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 8912/11/2012

Well the Survivor finale is this Sunday and the same issue will come up...especially if Blair Warner wins.

The Lisa Welchel troll will probably start one or two threads during the show (either to congratulate her or explain about how she was done wrong). Additionally there will likely be a couple of others that like to post the late breaking news like they are Lois Lane getting the scoop - like how we got 3 different threads announcing the Beekman win.

Be prepared to completely stay off DL if you don't want the win spoiled...that's the lesson learned.

By the way, were the Beekmans on The Talk today? or the Gayle King/Charlie Rose morning show? Don't the winners usually get their ceremonial check on one of those programs on the day after?

by Anonymousreply 9012/11/2012

R90, if this idiot on DL is any example of their publicity machine, who would want them?

by Anonymousreply 9212/11/2012

Congratulations, "boys", to the losingest team ever to win the Race! Not only was it the first time they finished first in a leg, it was the first time ever finishing in the top half of the pack. That must be some record!

by Anonymousreply 9412/11/2012

It's basic common sense to either watch reality show finales live or stay off the internet if you want to avoid being spoiled. It's like complaining and whining when you see headlines like "Bears lose again"

I have taken a chance with some shows like Top Chef and Project Project Runway before and when I've run across a site showing the winners photo I don't have a conniption fit over it. But then again, I don't think the world revolves around me and am not part of the entitlement generation.

Maybe the Beekman's losing streak was all a strategy so that people would totally underestimate them. They certainly found their competitive drive at the end.

by Anonymousreply 9512/11/2012

Fuck off, R94. The early challenges were overwhelmingly physical in nature, which obviously helped the more in-shape teams like the Chippies and the Longhorns win. The Beekman Boys routinely won intellectual challenges along the way (remember the time zone challenge that Jaymes and Lexi worked on for HOURS that Brent finished in five MINUTES?), even if they didn't win the legs (and a number of their losses were for reasons beyond their control such as tardy flights).

by Anonymousreply 9612/11/2012

That's what made it so unbelievable R96.

by Anonymousreply 9712/11/2012

to those who turn into hysterical queens whenever someone does one of these silly spoilers:

you people must have the most boring lives imaginable if this sort of thing upsets you so much. It's nothing but a dumbass TV show. Get upset about something important.

by Anonymousreply 9812/11/2012

r89 is right. OP at r24 shows someone with delusions about his personality.

r95 you're being a bit silly don't you think? Even the Survivor and Project Runway threads don't spoil the outcome so you can scroll past and not be spoiled by it.

If everyone reasoned the way you do, no one should ever come to DL because some show would be spoiled.

you'd be pissed if we started a thread saying died on Downton Abbey in the title because we got it months ahead of you..

by Anonymousreply 9912/11/2012

that should have said saying "(blank) died on Downton Abbey" ....

by Anonymousreply 10012/11/2012

Obnoxious Spoiler OP + Grease Fire = Marriage Made in Heaven

by Anonymousreply 10112/11/2012

[quote]I want to murder most of you in the face.

Ha ha!!

Oh my god, what the fuck does that even mean?

by Anonymousreply 10212/11/2012

Sybil dies on Downton Abbey.

There you go, Americans.

by Anonymousreply 10312/11/2012

Well, I have most of the season of Amazing Race saved on my computer--and I'm kind of glad I don't have to watch it now.

by Anonymousreply 10412/11/2012

Now THAT was shitty, R103. I say that having already seen series 3.

by Anonymousreply 10512/11/2012

Kristen shot J.R.

by Anonymousreply 10612/11/2012

It's just TV. Stay off the internet forever if you want the world to stop posting to protect TV secrets.

by Anonymousreply 10712/11/2012

Blair Warner wins Survivor.

by Anonymousreply 10812/11/2012

[quote]you people must have the most boring lives imaginable if this sort of thing upsets you so much. It's nothing but a dumbass TV show. Get upset about something important.

Please, grampa, go fuck yourself.

It's been explained over and over again that OP spoiled a really nice surprise. Not just another spoiler, but an actual surprise.

OP is an asshole, but you cunts defending him are even worse.

by Anonymousreply 10912/11/2012

We're not defending the OP, R109. We're ridiculing the stupidity of people who come to a site like Datalounge and don't expect to have surprises ruined.

by Anonymousreply 11012/11/2012

Those of you bitches who sneered at Josh over the years, pucker up. Now that he and Brent are comfortably off he will probably accept ass kisses from each of you.

by Anonymousreply 11112/11/2012

R99 What exactly are you trying to say? If you don't want to be spoiled and the finale has already aired, then you need to stay off the internet, because no one is going to cater to you. Even if it's not in the headline, many sites like EW, CNN, MSNBC, Queerty etc. put the photos of the winners up, so you don't even have to read the story to be spoiled. So much whining. You can still watch the show and enjoy how they won.

by Anonymousreply 11212/11/2012

Right, R112.

And R105, it's not like R103 said Sybil died in childbirth, and Edith gets jilted at the offer, and Thomas' gay hopes get him in trouble in Downton Abbey.

Just don't come on the internet if you never want TV spoiled.

by Anonymousreply 11312/11/2012

[quote]Even if it's not in the headline, many sites like EW, CNN, MSNBC, Queerty etc. put the photos of the winners up, so you don't even have to read the story to be spoiled.

Actually, most Web sites wait AT LEAST 12 hours before posting the final results of a popular network reality show.

R113, die in a grease fire. Do you really want to know what MAJOR SPOILER happens on the Christmas special in a couple of weeks? I can tell you, since you seem to love that kind of thing.

by Anonymousreply 11412/11/2012

Downton Abbey spoiler alert: Maggie Smith and Shirley Maclaine compete to see who can chew more scenery.

by Anonymousreply 11512/11/2012

Oh calm down, R114. I already know what happens; not happy about it, but the news is out.. Go ahead and post it though.

The Americans defending the spoilers for the rest of the world are just so obnoxious, some of us are giving them a taste of their own medicine, if this is what they want DL to become. TV is global now. You can't have it both ways.

by Anonymousreply 11612/11/2012

R96: Yes, the physical challenges were difficult. I understand why they usually lost to the Chippendales. But, the two other strong teams (Trey & Lexi and Ryan & Abbie) consisted of a man and a woman. So Josh and Brent should have done better against those two teams in physical challenges. The swimming challenge is a good example; Brent was a huge liability because he could barely swim. And yes I know it is harder to learn when you are older.

by Anonymousreply 11712/11/2012

OP, just admit you're a selfish, self-involved asshole and move on.

by Anonymousreply 11812/11/2012

Downton Abbey spoiler: Violet will die, at Maggie Smith's request, in the third episode of the upcoming series four. Branson will find love again in the unlikeliest of places, with Edith, and they will leave mid-series to move to London after Edith becomes a published novelist (the "British version" of Edith Wharton). Robert will develop a severe drink problem as Matthew takes over control of more and more of Downton's daily duties. Carson and Mrs Crawley will find themselves "stuck" together for several days' time, resulting in long-buried romantic feelings burbling to the top for each. Mrs Hughes will suffer a stroke that temporarily paralyses one half of her body, leaving her to worry about the inequity of a nation without a national health service and forcing her to rely upon the wealthy denizens of Downton to provide for her welfare. And finally, Sybil's long-lost identical twin, Sable, will startle one and all upon her return to Downton (Cora's baby nurse kidnapped her as a baby and told the family the baby had tragically died in a barn fire), and cause myriad problems in the neophyte romance between Branson and Edith.

by Anonymousreply 11912/11/2012

[quote]TV is global now. You can't have it both ways.

Yes, but as you've pointed out, many series aren't aired outside of their home countries for at least several months afterwards, so the polite thing to do is to refrain from commenting on spoilers EXCEPT within existing threads about a given show.

by Anonymousreply 12012/11/2012

[quote]Even if it's not in the headline, many sites like EW, CNN, MSNBC, Queerty etc. put the photos of the winners up, so you don't even have to read the story to be spoiled. So much whining. You can still watch the show and enjoy how they won.

I don't read all those sites, but EW makes a point of NOT spoiling things for at least a day. They'll put up a post, but save the spoiler for inside.

Look, some of you idiots don't seem to understand the issue here. OP spoiled the show WHILE IT WAS STILL AIRING. How is that so hard for some of you to grasp?

This, by the way, was OP's apology:

[quote]Sorry. If I were you I'd be really pissed at me. On the other hand, I finally feel avenged for the asshole who wrote "Dumbledore Dies" on the day Half-Blood Prince was published.

Even so, I was willing to forgive the OP as a thoughtless idiot. Until he chimed in at R86.

The OP, and all of you defending him, are all assholes.

by Anonymousreply 12112/11/2012

and yet look what you just posted, r119/r120...

if you read a few rows back, most of the posters here are saying Europeans are ludicrous to expect Americans not to put spoilers in titles on DL for months ahead to protect the world. How is it different?

i tired to defend your point earlier but where was the defense then?

by Anonymousreply 12212/11/2012

R117 Did you forgot the second challenge that had to be done after the swimming challenge---the finding the key on that tree and how Abbie was hysterical, crying and incapable of completing it. Do you remember how Josh did the entire task for her? Probably not, because it doesn't fit your narrative.

How about the so called strong team of Lexi & Trey, happily on their way to France before the Chippies advised them that was a Dutch flag.

How about the fact that the reason the top three teams appeared 'strong' is that they collaborated together, followed each other, got taxi cabs for one another, told each other where the flags were and what they should do to complete the tasks.

It's pretty easy to appear strong when you're getting lots of help like they did. The Beekmans actually had little help because they were the outcasts. That may have made them stronger at the end because they weren't looking for help from anyone (like the Twinnies begging people to wait for them)

by Anonymousreply 12312/11/2012

R121 There were 3 gay people in the finale. There was every expectation Gay sites would spoil it either way and they did. Queerty had it in their headlines with a photo. JoemyGod had it in their headlines with photo. Towleroad had it in their headlines with photo and video. No one should have expected DL to remain quiet about it, no matter what, especially because Josh was one of the finalists.

by Anonymousreply 12512/11/2012

For me the issue is posting during the final show. By accident I saw a spoiler about Fabio winning "Survivor" weeks before the final show two years ago.

He was as unlikely a winner as the Beekmans. But, I had time to adjust, and watch Fabio win challenge after challenge. Like the Beekmans, I wanted Fabio to win, so it was interesting to watch how he did it.

I hate spoilers, so I would never want to see another one like Fabio's, but it did not ruin that season for me...a second spoiler during another season would have been too much.

by Anonymousreply 12612/11/2012

[quote]There was every expectation Gay sites would spoil it either way and they did. Queerty had it in their headlines with a photo. JoemyGod had it in their headlines with photo. Towleroad had it in their headlines with photo and video. No one should have expected DL to remain quiet about it, no matter what, especially because Josh was one of the finalists.

NO ONE IS SAYING DL SHOULD HAVE REMAINED QUIET. NO ONE.

I just looked at the three sites you mentioned, and they all posted about it ... YESTERDAY. Not while the show was still airing in half the fucking country, but the next day.

by Anonymousreply 12712/11/2012

Don't forget to pay taxes on it, boys!

by Anonymousreply 12812/11/2012

OP is a selfish asshole who wanted to "get there" first with the news before anyone else, fuck all the others in different time zones or those who DVRd it.

The defenders are absolute assholes cuz there's NO good excuse for spoiling a show in the headline when it hasn't even aired for some yet. No excuse. It's uncouth. You can easily put the spoiler inside or WAIT until the show is done. Impatience and selfishness should not be defended.

by Anonymousreply 12912/11/2012

R126, you make no sense.

You say your issue is with posting during the FINAl show. Yet, your example is of you learning Fabio would win WEEKS before the final show?

by Anonymousreply 13012/11/2012

Things OP could have done:

1) Started this very same thread at the same time he did, but with the spoiler at R1.

2) Waiting a few hours for the show to air on the West Coast. (Not just California, the entire West Coast.)

3) Posted to his heart's content in the existing TAR thread. (Any West Coaster would know there will be spoilers there.)

4) Actually just sincerely apologized and continued the conversation.

by Anonymousreply 13212/11/2012

Heard them on OutQ last night on the Derek and Romaine show while I was driving. Brent is unbearable. He is just so fucking annoying. I was hoping someone called in as Helen Lawson, or Ms Patrick Campbell.

I seriously don't get that relationship at all. Brent is a control freak and Josh is a know it all. They must have epic fights, like not talking to each other for days or weeks when one is pissed at the other.

And I can't imagine they have sex at all. Brent seems like a cold fish and a neat freak (and a bossy bottom). If they do have sex, it is probably scheduled and planned on their calendar (Sunday, 8pm-8:30pm, "Intimate Time, Required Cuddling, Shower").

by Anonymousreply 13312/11/2012

I apologized immediately to those affected, but if it brings joy to people who were not affected to repeat that I am a fucktard, who am I to judge?

by Anonymousreply 13512/11/2012

R134? Here's his apology:

[quote]Sorry. If I were you I'd be really pissed at me. On the other hand, I finally feel avenged for the asshole who wrote "Dumbledore Dies" on the day Half-Blood Prince was published.

by Anonymousreply 13612/11/2012

Looky! Josh & Brent, almost naked!

by Anonymousreply 13812/11/2012

Josh's leg appears to be severed.

by Anonymousreply 14012/11/2012

The biggest troll here is you, R141.

by Anonymousreply 14212/11/2012

R141 No.

by Anonymousreply 14312/11/2012

I'd buy that poster if you stuck a bag over Brent's head.

by Anonymousreply 14412/11/2012

I hope Josh takes his winnings, dumps Brent, and interviews Datalounge fans to be his new lover!

by Anonymousreply 14512/11/2012

They aren't married, are they?

by Anonymousreply 14612/11/2012

Josh and Brent are engaged. They told Entertainment Tonight they are planning to get married in May or June on their farm.

by Anonymousreply 14712/11/2012

[quote]Was anyone else surprised how well James did on the hello/ good-bye challenge?

Why would you be? It was a process of elimination. They both did it in the same fashion so took about the same time to complete. Lexi (yeaaaaaaaaaaaah!) was brainfried.

by Anonymousreply 14812/11/2012

OP = ASSHOLE.

by Anonymousreply 14912/11/2012

R123:

Yes, I remember that Josh was a great help to Abbie. What you left out was that Trey had long since completed the key challenge.

Trey and Lexi were not a 'so-called' strong team. They were a strong team. They won three legs of the race. Trey & Lexi are also about twenty years younger than the Beekmans, so would be less likely to know the flags. And they certainly would have checked with any airline before buying a ticket to France.

Yes, the other teams did help each other. But, that alone does not explain why the Beekmans were so often behind. I was often surprised at how well the Chippendales and Trey & Lexi did on many challenges...challenges that they did on their own with no help.

I remember a scene (perhaps classified as a secret scene by TAR) in which Josh and Brent talked about their farm and past history with Trey & Lexi. The Texans tried to keep up and understand. But, only Lexi had even a vague idea whom Martha Stewart may be. How much effort did the Beekmans make to get to know the Chips and Trey & Lexi? Neither team ever made even a vague anti-gay comment.

Perhaps they were isolated because of homophobia unexpressed on screen. But Brent and Josh were particularly interested in talking about themselves, which may have annoyed the others.

In turn, Abbie and Ryan were so friendly because they know they could beat the Beekmans when it counted. I am not sure Brent & Josh ever realized it.

Bottom Line: The race was much more complicated than the way you present it.

Finally, are you really disputing that the Chippendale and Lexi & Trey were the stronger teams over the entire course of the race?

by Anonymousreply 15012/11/2012

So, first of all, everyone is all het up about this thread being posted, but OP was obviously Josh or someone promoting Josh. Second, I'm as angry as the rest of you about having the ending spoiled for those of us who hadn't seen it yet, but in fairness DHD spoiled it too by posting a pic of the Beekman Boys with their entry about the show's ratings.

by Anonymousreply 15112/11/2012

Wow, r152 and r154 both posted almost instantly and with amazingly disproportionate anger -- protesting a little too much??

by Anonymousreply 15512/11/2012

I've already forgotten what Josh said his drag name was (in the mattress-sewing episode.) Does anyone remember?

by Anonymousreply 15612/11/2012

Aqua, R156. He had clear plastic fish bowls, with live goldfish inside, as tits.

by Anonymousreply 15712/11/2012

R157 I think Aqua was part of it, but the name was longer than that.

by Anonymousreply 15812/11/2012

[quote] Most other people have much more of a life than you do.

Yes. Everyone except for you, evidently.

by Anonymousreply 15912/11/2012

sorry, but for me the beekmans are pathetic. the fact that they hesitated when abby and ryan got u-turned was the last straw for me.

by Anonymousreply 16012/11/2012

R150 I'm disputing some of it. The Chips obviously work out so they're physically strong. Trey is physically strong and looks about 20 years old so of course they're going to master the physical challenges. During those, we repeatedly heard from Lexi talking about look at those muscles, look at how strong my man is etc. The area Lexi excelled in was the dance and coordination legs so that helped them.

But how many times did I hear one of them say to the other, follow us we know where we're going, or pointing out where to pick up the flag, saving each other lots of time.

They even did challenges together. REmember the Lexi/Jaymes braintrust that worked on the time zone challenge? It took them hours but imagine if they'd tried to do it by themselves? One of them would have been eliminated.

Also twenty years old is also old enough to have a basic education. Weren't they college students?

by Anonymousreply 16112/11/2012

[quote]Josh was *not* bothering to monitor fucking DATALOUNGE as the show was AIRING, for fuck's sake.

Why wouldn't he?

You know, the show isn't aired live, hon. It was shot months ago.

by Anonymousreply 16212/11/2012

It's Aquadisiac. There's some photos in this article.

by Anonymousreply 16312/11/2012

Sorry bad link for Aquadisiac. Here's another one.

by Anonymousreply 16512/11/2012

R132 is exactly right. OP deserves nothing but scorn for his initial assholery, compounded by his subsequent 'I'm not sorry I did it I'm just sorry I got called out' posts like this:

[quote]It did not occur to me in the excitement of the moment that there were people in California who still wanted to live behind a veil of ignorance regarding the outcome of The Amazing Race.

It seems common sense and common courtesy that people in the east should not post main page spoilers until the show goes off the air in California, 3 hours later. Especially when there's an existing thread dedicated to the show (which most who are not watching would know to avoid). But if you must start a new thread, it's not remotely difficult to compose a headline and OP that does not give away the final results.

Not surprising but a little disappointing how many people virulently contest that simple bit of courtesy.

by Anonymousreply 16612/11/2012

What's funny is that if the people who were spoiled on Sunday didn't feel the need to complain on this thread, almost no one else would have seen it. All the complainers bought the thread to the front page of DL effectively spoiling it for everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 16712/11/2012

Exactly R167.

And the biggest asshole of all of them is R1... r164

by Anonymousreply 16812/11/2012

R132--Why do you refuse to believe my apology? Because you'd prefer to rail in righteous indignation? Nothing in your post has not already been said in this thread several times before, and you simply ignore the responses I have already given. I find that disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 17012/11/2012

I recall seeing a spoiler on DL (perhaps in the other thread) that mentioned that the Beekmans survived until the middle of the Race. This spoiler mentioned that the Chips and Texans were in the final three.

It's interesting that the author of that spoiler knew two of the three --- and intentionally misled us on the BBs.

by Anonymousreply 17312/11/2012

Who is the asshole? The guy who makes a mistake and apologizes for it or the guy who insists without foundation that the mistake was intentional and the apology insincere?

by Anonymousreply 17412/11/2012

News Flash! Amazing Race Spoiled on Datalounge yet the world is still turning!

by Anonymousreply 17512/11/2012

R161: I don't agree with everything you wrote, but let's move to the most basic question. Were Josh and Brent excluded from the inner-group because they are gay, or because they tended to lag behind the others.

I suggest that Brent and Josh talked so much in the Martha Stewart conversation with Trey and Lexi because they were unsure of being accepted by 22/23 year old recent college grads. They were nervous, and made a wrong step. Lexi tried to understand the Beekmans. Trey was less sure, but that's probably natural for relatively good-looking, very fit young football player. He was fine with Jaymes, whom he did likely not know is gay.

Would the Beekmans have been accepted when that got over their natural nervous behavior, and really got to know the other teams, particularly The Chips and Lexi & Trey? It did not help that they were so often behind the others. But, we can not change that.

Lexi and Jaymes were already natural allies. College students from Austin, as opposed to the rest of Texas, are mostly pro-gay (trust me I work at a major university ). So Trey would likely have eventually come along. I think James would as well. The twins may have been a lost cause. I did not particularly mind their individual gay comments, but taken as a whole, I disliked them more and more.

I believe you think that Josh and Brent would have never been accepted. I really do not know, but am leaning far more toward acceptance then not...based on the Chips and the Texans seeming like nice people.

by Anonymousreply 17612/11/2012

You didn't make a mistake, OP.

The fact that you won't admit it is just more of the problem.

Again, you're trying to tell us you're just so stupid you forgot that when you fill out that title line you didn't know what it was for? That you forgot the rest of the world didn't live in your time zone?

Admit it. You knew what you were doing and didn't care.

by Anonymousreply 17812/11/2012

A miraculous finish, Josh and Brent if you are reading this. I've been watching The Amazing Race since season 14, I skipped 18-20. You winning the race was the happiest moment.

by Anonymousreply 18312/11/2012

Thank god they won. Brent must be thrilled every Sunday afternoon when he drives Josh to the train.

by Anonymousreply 18412/11/2012

I one amassing raisin?.,

by Anonymousreply 18512/11/2012

If I intentionally did it and didn't care about pissing people off, why would I care now? Or is your theory that I actually don't care now and have been defending myself just to annoy you?

by Anonymousreply 18712/11/2012

Wow R186. Posts like yours are one of the reasons I need to take a break from this place.

by Anonymousreply 18812/11/2012

Very happy for both of you. You definitely managed to shake things up, pretty much everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 18912/11/2012

When you read posts like R186 and stories like the mass shooting at the Oregon mall, you know people just aren't getting the mental help they need.

by Anonymousreply 19012/11/2012

The Beekman win shows why the Race is so amazing.

A team that is pretty much inept throughout most of the race, that is barely hanging on by a thread, ends up winning. There was a sword hanging over their heads throughout the entire race up to the final couple of legs. Due to the bad luck and/or poor decisions of other teams that got eliminated and the fortuitous timing of the non-elimination rounds, the Beekmans were able to race another leg. And another. And then win. They did well in the brainiac challenges, but nothing really exceptional. That they could and did win proves why The Amazing Race is so damn exciting and such good TV.

by Anonymousreply 19112/11/2012

I can't tell if r191 is being sarcastic.

by Anonymousreply 19212/11/2012

[quote]That they could and did win proves why The Amazing Race is so damn exciting and such good TV.

Or would have been, if OP hadn't started this thread and eliminated any excitement potential.

by Anonymousreply 19312/11/2012

For sure OP is a fucktard, I purposely did not open the Amazing race thread while the show was on, so I wouldn't know who won, but then I saw fucktard's thread. HOWEVER, I figured that this must be some kind of joke thread because there is no way that they could win. So I did watch waiting for the Beekman's to get auf'd and was continually amazed by their staying power.

by Anonymousreply 19412/11/2012

I'm still recovering from the poster who gloated about deliberately posting Olympic spoilers in the title. Granted, I'm in the west coast U.S. and was among the last to see the 'live' televised Olympic events, but I thought it was so obnoxious for people to post spoilers deliberately in the title and not inside the thread.

I finally stopped coming to DL for the rest of the Olympics.

I don't get it, what kind of Scrooge ruins the surprise for others?

by Anonymousreply 19512/11/2012

The verdict is pretty unanimous: worst winners ever.

Ken Tucker of EW wrote the best takedown, but all the reality sites offer equally astute observations. I'm sure the money will all be spent in BRENT'S dream wedding and Josh will have to beg for his ad exec job.

by Anonymousreply 19612/11/2012

R16, I am late reading this.

I'd be a better candidate for X Factor or America's Got Talent, but I really would like to be on that Top Chef Desert's spin off show.

by Anonymousreply 19712/11/2012

Gawd these boys irritate the hell out of me. I'd like to shove an heirloom tomato up Josh's precious ass.

by Anonymousreply 19812/11/2012

There's been so much talk about the alliance but the matter is the alliance was mostly among the top three teams up to the final leg. Since they had been running along side each other for most the Race, of course they would agree to work together when and if it was prudent for all involved. The reason why the Beekmans were never allied with them is obvious -- they were running in last or near to last place for quite some time. Having said that, it did seem rather unfair when the final four gathered, that everyone decided to make a deal with the Boys to help everyone.

by Anonymousreply 20012/11/2012

Keep this shit in perspective.

What the hell does the Beekman win have to do with gay rights?

They're not even the first gay people to win The Amazing Race.

By making this statement you are implying that gay people are less capable than straight people of doing something like winning The Amazing Race and that "rights" they don't have because of being gay need to be afforded them to enable them to win.

by Anonymousreply 20312/11/2012

[quote]buy the Beekman's nude poster

I hope there's no such thing.

I'd rather go blind.

by Anonymousreply 20412/11/2012

Let's get a couple of things straight:

Despising the Beekman Eldergays has nothing to do with homophobia for most people. A lot of TAR fans, including me, rooted for Reichen and Chip who truly made history when they won the competition.

Secondly, Sundays finally was 21% down in the ratings from the previous year, and it tied for the worst TAR season finale of all time (along with season 18).

by Anonymousreply 20512/11/2012

The appearance on The Talk today was stupid. The guys got crammed in during the last 3 minutes of the broadcast. Lame.

by Anonymousreply 20612/11/2012

It was easily the most thrilling finale in recent history though despite the ratings.

I wouldn't mind having a Chip and Reichen poster but frankly, they broke up because Reichen decided to become a pin up and arm candy to the stars. They won in a very different America where CBS edited their kiss on the mat.

This is in contrast with the Beekman's who have a tested relationship and haven't tried to porn up their image. I know the nude poster may seem counterintuitive to this but it's not because they're in the poster together. And it's a much more dynamic time for gay America than the period when Chip and Reichen won. Gay America was in decline with a republican administration on the heels of some real disappointments courtesy of the democratic administration that preceeded it.

by Anonymousreply 20712/11/2012

None of those women's talk shows do a good job of managing their guests or their time. Plus, if the ratings were as disappointing to CBS as has been indicated, I can see the network choosing to cut their losses.

by Anonymousreply 20812/11/2012

There's no such thing as bad publicity. A gay couple did good. Super good. They were last, they wanted to quit, they thought they were beat, they won, they kissed. Better than boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl any day in my book.

by Anonymousreply 20912/11/2012

The ratings decline may have something to do with people who said they'd boycott the show after they didn't the punish the Twins for stealing the rockers money. There were many people who said they wouldn't watch the show anymore after that.

Some people who rooted against the Beekmans were anti gay. Those were the ones horrified that CBS showed them kissing on TV.

Some people like myself were just a little irritated during that episode when they were ready to give up and give their position to Abbie & Ryan. I was yelling at my TV then. Still, I liked that they got the fighting spirit at the end I think it was one of the AR better finales.

by Anonymousreply 21012/11/2012

You only have to look at the comments on the Beekman website to see why so many people appreciate these guys---even if the gays of datalounge don't

I say you did good, Josh and Brent

by Anonymousreply 21112/11/2012

Josh and Brent meet Trey and Lexi. The look on Trey's face says it all: 'Maybe I should not have worn shorts yet again today." So funny!

by Anonymousreply 21212/12/2012

[quote]Whoever says this is not a fan of "The Amazing Race" and clearly hasn't seen every season. Phobic much?

They're not the only gay winners. Freak.

by Anonymousreply 21312/12/2012

R212 youtube video-

Yes, Trey seems uncomfortable. At the same time, the wonderful Beekmans make absolutely no attempt to bring him into the conversation.

I hope the converstion was actually longer, and eventually they talked to Trey directly.

On another topic, it apparently took all three teams from three to four hours to complete the United Nations task.

by Anonymousreply 21412/12/2012

[quote]None of those women's talk shows do a good job of managing their guests or their time. Plus, if the ratings were as disappointing to CBS as has been indicated, I can see the network choosing to cut their losses

Soap operas aren't coming back, gramps.

by Anonymousreply 21512/12/2012

Soaps will cycle back into fashion in some form at some point. They'll be revamped and "improved" and perhaps won't be daily or on every channel, but I think they'll show up somewhere. Never say never.

by Anonymousreply 21612/12/2012

[quote]Whoever says this is not a fan of "The Amazing Race" and clearly hasn't seen every season. Phobic much?

Seen every single episode of every single season. My dislike for the team has shit-to-do with them being gay and everything to do with being humorless, snippy and useless through most of the season. Brent in particular was an utter PILL.

And a fact is a fact: they are the lowest ranked team to ever win the race. Not only did they come in last place nearly every leg, they never finished in the top half until the final leg.

And nothing to do with the "boys", but this was the shittiest structured season so far. Lame challenges, very little self-navigation (and actually, had there been more, I think the "boys" would've performed better throughout the season), and way too much artificial bunching.

by Anonymousreply 21712/12/2012

[quote]We're ridiculing the stupidity of people who come to a site like Datalounge and don't expect to have surprises ruined.

So basically we should NEVER come to Datalounge since there would always be some show we haven't seen. It's impossible to watch every single show. I don't watch Downton Abbey but I'm still kind of mad spoilers were posted since it was a show I've heard so much about and was going to watch. It's just common courtesy not to spoil, especially in the headlines. OP is an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 21812/12/2012

Fuck you, OP.

I F&Fed him. I suggest everyone do the same and get this guy banned from posting.

by Anonymousreply 21912/12/2012

When they didn't have the bunching, there was a finale where one person was still on a plane and it was obvious who the winner was from the get go. That finale sucked so much because there was no suspense and it was boring as hell. Since then, AR has made sure that doesn't happen. This finale was no different than any other in that respect.

I also liked that the final challenge was difficult. Last season's finale didn't have any challenging tasks and it came down to who had the best taxi driver. This finale with the surprise ending was actually one of the better ones.

I actually thought they improved on some of the challenges this year making sure some were both physically and mentally demanding.

They still need better challenges for the people who are saved by non elimination rounds. Sewing up a corset was beyond lame.

by Anonymousreply 22112/12/2012

[quote]here was a finale where one person was still on a plane and it was obvious who the winner was from the get go

There's been two (season one's infamous Guido edit and season 4 where the boring straight guys were still on a plane when Chip/Reichen and, erm, that team with the redhead were racing to the finish line. Both still very exciting and unrewarding to those who fell behind by their own mistakes.

by Anonymousreply 22212/12/2012

Please stop calling yourself "boys". You're around 50. I'm embarrassed for you.

by Anonymousreply 22412/12/2012

If there's one thing Americans can't abide, it's a publicity whore.

by Anonymousreply 22512/12/2012

Let me guess, R223 is a failed writer.

by Anonymousreply 22612/12/2012

You people are so, so, so sad.

by Anonymousreply 22712/12/2012

Fart stain... What a brilliant come-back!

Making a guess isn't a crime, but being a embittered, crazed liar ain't pretty.

You should see a doctor, there's something wrong with you.

by Anonymousreply 22912/12/2012

I think a DL denizen winning a million dollars is bringing out the crazy , jealous rage in some people.

Congrats to Josh & Brent

by Anonymousreply 23012/12/2012

[quote]Please stop calling yourself "boys". You're around 50. I'm embarrassed for you.

Oh go watch a Golden Girls, or Gilmore Girls Marathon, than go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 23112/12/2012

No kidding, R230. R223 sounds like an eldergay shut-in with perma-spittle around his gaping mouth.

by Anonymousreply 23212/12/2012

R234 gives us a classic example of the pot meeting the kettle.

by Anonymousreply 23512/12/2012

[quote]shut the fuck up, you vindictive, catty faggots?

Wow. What the fuck.. really?

by Anonymousreply 23612/12/2012

Trolldar R234. What a pathetic, sad little prick.

by Anonymousreply 23712/12/2012

And this is SOOOO much better!

"an eldergay shut-in with perma-spittle around his gaping mouth."

"What a pathetic, sad little prick."

"being a [sic] embittered, crazed liar"

So nice to see how your "heroes" have made you such better people.

by Anonymousreply 23812/12/2012
Need more help? Click Here.