Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Amanda Seyfried STOLE Lindsay Lohan's career!

There is only a one year age difference between Amanda and Lindsay. They even starred in a movie together, Mean Girls.

Yet every single role Amanda has done seemed to have been perfect for Lindsay.

Seems to me if only Lindsay had gotten her act together, it would have been her with all of those roles that went to Amanda.

But is one actress better than the other?

by Anonymousreply 6205/25/2013

Amanda has really matured as an actress, while LiLo has become a fucking joke.

by Anonymousreply 212/09/2012

Amanda is drop dead gorgeous in the movie called Chloe starring Liam Neeson.

Amanda is so very beautiful and sexy in Chloe that it is breathtaking.

And she has gorgeous breasts to die for in that movie.

by Anonymousreply 312/09/2012

And Amanda can sing, which is one of the reasons why she got the roles in MAMMA MIA and LES MIS. LiLo can't carry a tune in a suitcase.

by Anonymousreply 412/09/2012

Not to mention R3 that super sexy hot lesbo sex scene she had with Julianne Moore.

by Anonymousreply 512/09/2012

Amanda even got the role of Linda Lovelace, which Lindsay was suppose to play.

by Anonymousreply 612/09/2012

Lindsay killed her own career by not showing up for filming and not showing up prepared.

by Anonymousreply 712/09/2012

LOL Imagine Lindsay Lohan as Cosette. hahaha

by Anonymousreply 812/09/2012

Well, she "stole" her career in the sense that she and a number of other 20something actresses passed Lindsay by while she was partying. But they're really not the same type at all.

by Anonymousreply 912/09/2012

The movie, Chloe, is showing right now on the Lifetime Movie Channel.

Fabulous suspense movie and artistically done with great performances! 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm central time on Sunday Dec 9

by Anonymousreply 1012/09/2012

I think Emma Stone is the who is really walking away with all the parts that would otherwise have gone to Lindsay Lohan.

by Anonymousreply 1112/09/2012

R3, I thought the same thing. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 1212/09/2012

The thing about young Lindsay Lohan was how personable she was on screen. You really liked and identified with whatever character she was playing. She had a great career ahead of her. She was a much better actress than Seyfried.

But now? Fuggedabowdit. Lohan is a borderline personality case.

by Anonymousreply 1312/09/2012

Emma Stone really got her career, she's the one getting all the good "everygirl" roles.

Seyfried is a bit too pretty for everygirl roles.

by Anonymousreply 1412/09/2012

r14 - Maybe some overlap in roles, but Emma Stone is bland. While I believe LL's been beyond redemption for at least 5 years, she had a distinctive presence. I saw her progressing to Jodie Foster sorts of roles.

by Anonymousreply 1512/10/2012

I'm really not understanding this new "Chloe Troll" that seems to have erupted on DL as of late.

by Anonymousreply 1612/10/2012

[quote]I saw her progressing to Jodie Foster sorts of roles.

Based on what? LL never did anything but kids movies. Even after Mean Girls, where she could have graduated to more mature movies, she was making crap like Herbie the Love Bug and Just My Luck.

Lindsay never had a serious film career, or even the makings of one, even before she became a fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 1712/10/2012

[quote]Even after Mean Girls, where she could have graduated to more mature movies, she was making crap like Herbie the Love Bug and Just My Luck.

She was already a fuck-up by then though. She just had a glimmer of something in her teens, but it's long gone obviously.

by Anonymousreply 1812/10/2012

R11/14 are right. Emma Stone is getting roles Lindsay could have been up for.

Can you imagine Lohan playing alongside Ryan Gosling in "Crazy, Stupid Love"?

Can you imagine her in Emma's role in "The Help"?

Can you imagine her in the re-start of the Spiderman trilogy?

No. Lindsay had she kept her shit tight, kept her beauty and face, didn't get arrested right and left and didn't want to bother to show up and give a good performance?

Emma has Lindsay's roles. Lindsay once saw Scarlett Johansson as her biggest rival before her downfall. Now Scarlett has movie roles, works with A-lister, is going to do her second Broadway stint as Maggie in "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" that might get her her SECOND Tony.

Scarjo, Emma, Amanda Seyfried, et al stayed with working hard and being reliable actresses. Lohan proved to be an unemployable mess.

by Anonymousreply 1912/10/2012

Lindsay never had beauty. Have you seen the disgusting freckles all over her body? She did have potential as an actress though.

by Anonymousreply 2012/10/2012

Freckles are not disgusting at all.

They are often cute.

And Julianne Moore has freckles all over and she certainly is not disgusting.

Are you the freak, R20, who always criticizes and obsesses over Apolo Anton Ohno's mole?

by Anonymousreply 2112/10/2012

R21 is a freckle face.

A few freckles are tolerable. 90% of Lohan's body is covered in hideous freckles.

And I've never heard of the person you're asking about.

by Anonymousreply 2212/10/2012

Amanda Seyfried and Lindsay Lohan are very different types.

The person who has stolen Lindsay Lohan's career is Emma Stone.

by Anonymousreply 2312/10/2012

And it now looks as if Lindsay is going to steal Valerie Bertinelli's career.

by Anonymousreply 2412/10/2012

Dlisted has horrendous pics of Lindsay at some boy band concert. She looks awful and I do mean awful.

by Anonymousreply 2512/10/2012

Amanda has done well.

by Anonymousreply 2604/16/2013

If LiLo wants work, she might just get it IF she'd sober up, man up and clean up her act. As it stands now, she looks terrible and her acting isn't impressive. Why should someone take a chance on her? Nobody stole a career from LiLo. She gave it away.

by Anonymousreply 2704/16/2013

Lilo who?

This is about Amanda.

by Anonymousreply 2804/16/2013

R27 Please, nobody's checking for her anymore. She was never "all that" to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 2904/16/2013

Amanda who?

Talentless bag of hair, that's who. No one cares.

by Anonymousreply 3004/16/2013

I'm just surprised that the brunette in Mean Girls never had bigger roles. McAdams and Seyfried mad that movie, though.

by Anonymousreply 3104/16/2013

I remember Amanda from all the way back on All My Children. The kid who played love interest Michael B. Jordan just had a big movie at Sundance.

by Anonymousreply 3204/16/2013

How ironic is it that Lohan's purported talent as an actress rides on the movies she did as a kid and for Mean Girls, when she was twenty or so. ( Rachael McAdams pretty much stole the movie) She could not play the roles Emma Stone and Amanda Seyfried are getting now. The best Lindsay could do is play a frumpy housewife with a secret prescription drug addiction, a damaged hooker looking to go straight or a beat up divorcee' running from her abusive ex-husband, in a made for Lifetime movie. There is nothing "Fresh" about her.

by Anonymousreply 3304/16/2013

R31 Yes I've often wondered what happened happened to Gretchen Weiners.

by Anonymousreply 3404/17/2013

Wasn't Lacey Chabert a pretty devout Christian who wouldn't pick any projects that went against her religious beliefs? Isn't that part of the reason for her Family Guy split?

by Anonymousreply 3504/17/2013

R35 That was a bad move. Mila Kunis must be making that money.

by Anonymousreply 3604/17/2013

R35 I've heard the same things about Chabert being a devout Christian. She was 18 or 19 when she left Family Guy. A few years later she did an indie movie where she played a hooker. I think she became less religious over time. She has done a few bad TV movies in the past couple of years.

I don't think anyone stole Lohan's career. She screwed up on her own. But even if she had never become an addict, she probably wouldn't have gotten some of the roles Emma Stone or Amanda Seyfried got. She might have gotten Zombieland. Lohan wouldn't have gotten Easy A or The Help.

There were two Linda Lovelace biopics that were made. Amanda was in Lovelace, Lohan was fired from the biopic called Inferno. Inferno had been development for a long time and Anna Faris was casted early on. Faris had issues with the director and one of the producers and dropped out. Lohan then got the role and was later fired. Malin Akerman then took over.

by Anonymousreply 3704/17/2013

Hard to believe of all the actors in "Mean Girls" that she's the one with the huge career. Rachel McAdams and Lizzy Caplan are still around but never took off like I thought they would. Is Jonathan Bennett even acting anymore? And I thought Daniel Franzese (Damian) would at least get a bunch of TV guest-starring parts out of that role. Odd.

If I believed in that witchcraft thread I'd wonder if Amanda... Nah.

by Anonymousreply 3804/17/2013

I know, I was surprised too, R38. But her looks probably are the most marketable.

Talentwise....ehh, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 3904/17/2013

What is the average age of posters here, 11?

by Anonymousreply 4004/17/2013

Rachel McAdams is doing very well.

by Anonymousreply 4104/17/2013

I don't like Amanda's bug eyes.

by Anonymousreply 4204/17/2013

One role I think Lindsay Lohan would have been better in than Emma Stone was Gangster Squad, ES was miscast in that. She looked like a kid playing dress up.

by Anonymousreply 4304/17/2013

"Lohan was fired from the biopic called Inferno."

Not true. The producers wanted her for the part and waited while she sorted out her legal issues. Unfortunately, it looked like she was going to jail or rehab for a long time (of course, she didn't).

Now, the other Linda Lovelace is done so this one has dim prospects.

Fucked up though LiLo certainly is, this may have worked out better for her. The Canyons will premier at a special screening at Lincoln Center, followed by an interview session with the director, Paul Schrader.

by Anonymousreply 4404/17/2013

Lilo was ginger beauty, it's not a blonde beauty, it's freckles and lovely ginger hair and it's very very in right now.

by Anonymousreply 4504/17/2013

[quote]LOL Imagine Lindsay Lohan as Cosette. hahaha

Well, her mother is a whore...

by Anonymousreply 4604/17/2013

[quote]Lohan wouldn't have gotten Easy A or The Help.

She played similar roles in Mean Girls so I don't see why not. She's not an exceptionally good actress, but she has a lot of charisma. A lot of actresses have gotten far on less than she has. I mean really, look at someone like Keira Knightley. She has to be one of the worst actresses working and she still gets work.

by Anonymousreply 4704/17/2013

R47 I don't think Keira is horrible but she's just a poor man's Natalie Portman.

by Anonymousreply 4804/17/2013

r28, LiLo = Lindsay Lohan. And nobody stole her career. She lost it herself.

by Anonymousreply 4904/17/2013

I just never 'got' Lilo. I guess you have to be around her age and have thought "The Parent Trap" was brilliant (it's a remake, people).

She blew it. You have to mature as an actress, work with good directors, study. She parties and goes to rehab.

by Anonymousreply 5004/17/2013

Lindsay ruined her career on her own.

Off topic, but how do you reply to a specific post?

by Anonymousreply 5104/17/2013

I love Mean Girls but not because of LiLo. I mean she was fine in it but Rachel McAdams stole that movie and the minor characters were more amusing than Lindsay.

by Anonymousreply 5204/17/2013

You mean quoting R51?

You put the word quote in between [ ] and then put the next you want to quote right after.

by Anonymousreply 5304/17/2013

I mean the way you replied to my post. Do I just do [R53] for it to appear?

by Anonymousreply 5404/17/2013

Lindsay is by far the better actress. 100%

by Anonymousreply 5504/17/2013

No one "stole" lilo's career. She gave it away.

by Anonymousreply 5604/17/2013

R52 - Right. Rachel made Mean Girls.

Amanda was good in Big Love.

by Anonymousreply 5704/17/2013

Rachel needs to make a comeback. I know she's still around but I'd like her to have a big hit. She's talented.

by Anonymousreply 5804/17/2013

When you see what some minor talent like Scarlet Johanson has done with so little.

by Anonymousreply 5904/19/2013

Personally, I am a huge Seyfried fan and I think she was a great cossette. I believe that Les Miseables really let her show that she is a great actress and she has a fantastic opera voice. However, I think that she kind of mirrors Katherine heigl in the sense that she is more of a romantic lead. She has stared in movies like Dear John, Letters to Juliet, and recently My big wedding. I do not think that she and LILO could play the same rolls at ALL. They are sooooo completely different!!! IF Amanda got parts that LILO "should have gotten" then that just means that Amanda was A. Better suited for the role or B. a better actress in the eyes of the producers. I have to say I do favor seyfried but all in all I think that LILO could have been great had she not fucked herself up. She could have been great but fucked it all up for herself.

by Anonymousreply 6005/25/2013

Who knew she had fans?

by Anonymousreply 6105/25/2013

A friend forced me watch Twatlight, Breaking Dawn, p1, last night. I got through one hour.

Whatever one thinks of LiLo, she's Greta Garbo compared to the one-note Kristin Stewart.

And in the movie, she looked as fucked out as she does in public. Was this intentional?

by Anonymousreply 6205/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!