Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Not buying Natalie Portman as some great beauty worthy of Dior either.

Has anyone noticed how, since about 2000, we're continuously spoon-fed mediocrity and expected to proclaim stunning beauty?

What is that all about? Is it the advent of reality? The ascension of George Bush? What?

by Anonymousreply 5106/29/2013

I think NP is beautiful. I don't have a problem with her. It's the Kristen Stewarts of the world that I don't get. Don't try to sell a Plain Jane as beautiful. It doesn't work.

by Anonymousreply 112/09/2012

I think NP is beautiful too.

You have terrible taste, OP.

by Anonymousreply 212/09/2012

One of the worst oscar wins EVER.

by Anonymousreply 312/09/2012

Gwyneth Paltrow was a Dior girl in the early 2000s. They have a long-standing tradition of touting flat-chested pretentious cunts as spokesmodels.

by Anonymousreply 412/09/2012

Fame trumps beauty in advertising, OP.

by Anonymousreply 512/09/2012

[quote]You have terrible taste, OP.

You judge people's taste on what they DO find beautiful, not on what they DON'T like.

by Anonymousreply 612/09/2012

i could accept some debate on her talent and/or charisma, but her beauty is pretty much unquestionable. I mean, look at this picture...if she isnt pretty enough to model for Dior, who on earth is?

by Anonymousreply 712/09/2012

Portman is beautiful. She is also very talented and easy to love on screen.

I don't understand some of you on DL hating on all these stunning young actresses who consistently give good performances, and are often very gay-friendly btw.

I hope Portman, Hathaway, Lawrence and Chastain all keep making movies for a long time and win all the awards they deserve to.

by Anonymousreply 812/09/2012

its pretty obvious that the passionate venom hurled at female celebrities here is born of jealousy. Most Dlers believe that in a just world, it would be their face 20 feet high on the silver screen, wearing gorgeous gowns at film premiers and staring down at the unwashed masses form billboards and magazine covers

by Anonymousreply 912/09/2012

That Shiksa bitch, Anne Hathaway took her look, WASPed it up, and made it sellable. Poor Natalie. She became sort of fundie after having a kid.

by Anonymousreply 1012/09/2012

[quote]One of the worst oscar wins EVER.

The problem was the movie. It was 2 dimensional, and a rip-off. That storyline was done a million times. It was embarrassing.

"Star Wars" also didn't help Portman's career.

What was her last great film? Oh, I know, "The Professional."

She never had a stellar film career.

by Anonymousreply 1212/09/2012

Portman is NOT beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 1312/09/2012

I have always thought she was beautiful. Look again, OP.

Just out of curiosity, who do you consider Dior worthy?

by Anonymousreply 1412/09/2012

DL really prefers actresses who are past menopause, i.e., determinedly not sexy.

by Anonymousreply 1512/09/2012

[quote]if she isnt pretty enough to model for Dior, who on earth is?

"Pretty" is not the same as "beauty".

by Anonymousreply 1612/09/2012

R11, here you're certain that Natalie Portman is a Zionist. But over on the festival of lights thread, you list a bunch of entertainment types, including Portman, and ask whether they're Jewish. What's up with that?

by Anonymousreply 1712/09/2012

she's a dwarf

by Anonymousreply 1812/09/2012

She is beautiful, from the neck up. No figure at all, of course, but her face is one of the prettiest in current film.

I mean, who are the actresses in their twenties these days? Emma Stone, Jennifer Lawrence, Scarlett Johanssen, Kiera Knightley... most of them are moderately pretty, no more. Knightley is the only other one who might be called "beautiful", and she looks so much like Portman that she played her double in "The Phantom Menace".

by Anonymousreply 1912/09/2012

Charlize Theron is beautiful in those Dior commercials. She's been doing them for awhile now.

by Anonymousreply 2012/09/2012

Her beauty is fake and paid for.

by Anonymousreply 2112/09/2012

I think Natalie is more beautiful now than ten years ago.

by Anonymousreply 2212/10/2012

She looks stunning here.

by Anonymousreply 2306/28/2013

She looks better than Paltrow.

by Anonymousreply 2406/28/2013

R24 - That's not hard.

by Anonymousreply 2506/28/2013

True R25.

by Anonymousreply 2606/28/2013

She is pretty - not interesting to look at. Where are al of the Lauren Huttons and Faye Dunaways?

by Anonymousreply 2706/28/2013

I think she's more interesting to look at now than 10 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 2806/28/2013

R28 will be more interesting in 15 years

by Anonymousreply 2906/28/2013

She does NOT look beautiful in those pictures at Dior. If you put her up beside the great beauties of Hollywood, Ava Gardner or Hedy Lamarr or Elizabeth Taylor or Grace Kelly or Gene Tierney, she looks like a housemaid.

by Anonymousreply 3006/28/2013

Love Black Swan so don't really have a problem with her winning, though not really the best.

Imagine the uproar if they didn't give a heavily prego actress it though! Sure there must be one example, but never the ones touted to win.

by Anonymousreply 3206/28/2013

[quote]Has anyone noticed how, since about 2000, we're continuously spoon-fed mediocrity and expected to proclaim stunning beauty?

I don't think that applies to Portman, but it certainly applies to datalounge where we're regularly inundated with old fat-faced guys along with ridiculous claims that they're "hot."

by Anonymousreply 3306/28/2013

Charlize is the most beautiful Dior spokeswoman. I do feel like she fucked up things a bit with her Arrested Development retarded character and letting people know that in real life she's a goofy stoner.

by Anonymousreply 3406/28/2013

Thanks from that message from the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, r35.

by Anonymousreply 3606/28/2013

I also find her beautiful. That said all women look like crap without makeup. We're so used to seeing women with makeup that it's shocking to see what they look like naturally in the morning. they'll obviously make her look stunning.

by Anonymousreply 3706/28/2013

R30 calm the fuck down!?

by Anonymousreply 3806/28/2013

Oh of COURSE all Jews are fugly r35 the Jew Hating Racist

Scarlett Johannson Hedy Lamarr Mila Kunis Bar Rafaeli Lauren Bacall

David Beckham James Franco River Phoenix Tony Curtis

rumored: Kate Middleton's family the GOLDSMITHS, her mother's maiden name

by Anonymousreply 3906/28/2013

No one said that all Jews are ugly, R39, only that several less-than-stellar-looking Jews have been held up as icons of beauty in the past decade or so - with mixed results, it appears. Goldsmith is an English name apart from its being a Jewish name.

by Anonymousreply 4006/28/2013

[quote]Where are al of the Lauren Huttons and Faye Dunaways?

I always thought Lauren Hutton looked like an old hag with that gap in her teeth. Dunaway was always uniquely beautiful though.

by Anonymousreply 4106/28/2013

There are a [bold]lot[/bold] of Jews in hollywood. Why is this trollop the only one that is being called a [bold]zionist[/bold]? hmmm. Did you excuse makers (bringing the anti semitic card) ever think that maybe she [bold]IS[/bold] a zionist?

by Anonymousreply 4306/28/2013

r40 her ancestor, the GOLDSMITH one came to the UK in the 1200's when a great many Jews migrated there, and it's very possible she's got Jewish ancestors through him. So carry on with your Jew Hate!

by Anonymousreply 4406/28/2013

What I think is that for the past few days, some idiot has been pushing the Israel issue into any thread he can? Fuck off, freak.

by Anonymousreply 4506/28/2013

here comes the [bold]'YOU HATE JEWS'[/bold] excuses.

by Anonymousreply 4606/28/2013

Charlize has ruined her beauty by parading around for at least the last two years with the unattractive butch very short almost shaved haircut that is manly and ruins her looks.

by Anonymousreply 4706/28/2013

R47 - I love Charlize's buzz cut.

by Anonymousreply 4806/28/2013

Natalie Portman is pretty but not spectacular.

Gwyneth Paltrow is as plain as white bread.

Charlize Theron is fucking Gorgeous.

K Stewart is plain, but attractive when she tries.

Scarlett Johanssen is a beauty.

Kiera Knightly is cute in a quirky sort of way.

Jennifer Lawrence is cute.

Jennifer Aniston is plain but somewhat cute.

Angelina is beautiful.

Halle Berry is also Beautiful, (but a cunt).

Emma Stone is cute.

Anne Hathaway is UGLIER than a pile of dog shit.

by Anonymousreply 4906/28/2013

R49 - I agree about most. Scarlett, I'd rank down & Jennifer Lawrence up. Scarlett of five years ago was a beauty.

by Anonymousreply 5006/28/2013

There is a recent photo of Jennifer Lawrence without makeup.

It was very shocking. She was not good looking at all.

by Anonymousreply 5106/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!