Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Isn't it extra grating when someone born after 1960 is homophobic or racist or sexist?

It's all bad, but doesn't it really piss you off when you meet someone who hates gays or other ethnic and minority groups and they were born in the last 50 years.

Even if they were raised by hateful people, you would think their life experiences or just popular culture would make them realize how wrong it is to hate.

by Anonymousreply 1012/10/2012

Yes OP, it chaps my ass. It frosts my blond highlights. It jams a roto-rooter up my sewer.

by Anonymousreply 212/09/2012

Here's what R3 wrote in the Charlie Brown Christmas thread:

[quote]It only took 45 posts for the young faggots to arrive!

by Anonymousreply 412/09/2012

[quote]It's all bad, but doesn't it really piss you off when you meet someone who hates gays or other ethnic and minority groups and they were born in the last 50 years.

Not really. You seem to be forgetting that anyone born after 1970 or so would've grown up in the Reagan-era '80s, with conservatives dominating the political sphere and adult gay men being afflicted by a mysterious "plague" that seemed to have no cure or fix. I'm surprised people in general haven't been MORE scarred by having their formative years shaped by this kind of horror.

And are you seriously naive enough to think that racial prejudice simply up and disappeared as soon as Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act? Did it escape your notice that white people born after 1960 are the MOST likely to have grown up in an overwhelmingly white suburban area, with little to no positive role models of color? Until "The Cosby Show" blacks on television in particular were generally depicted as ghetto- and housing project-dwelling mistrels. ("DY-NO-MITE!" Will Smith and Gary Coleman starring as troubled ghetto kids saved from the "horrors" of urban life by benevolent rich white folks!)

by Anonymousreply 512/09/2012

Maybe homophobes and racist still being trained. It is usually what you learn at home.

by Anonymousreply 612/10/2012

What annoys me is the number of people who took up smoking after it became clear that it was harmful. I can understand people over 50-60 or so, but anyone who came of age in the '80s or after has no excuse for smoking.

by Anonymousreply 712/10/2012

[quote]Through in ageist and you have it OP.

Oh, [italic]dear.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 812/10/2012

LOL r2.

by Anonymousreply 912/10/2012

[quote]What annoys me is the number of people who took up smoking after it became clear that it was harmful. I can understand people over 50-60 or so, but anyone who came of age in the '80s or after has no excuse for smoking.

Yeah, also HIV, right?

by Anonymousreply 1012/10/2012
Need more help? Click Here.